WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

The Kingdom of Talingarde is perhaps the noblest, most virtuous and peaceful nation yet founded. The royalty of this dominion has rescued a dispirited people from the brink of despair and darkness. They dealt with their enemies honorably and their allies faithfully. Talingarde is a paragon of the age, a bright shining city upon a hill. Yet the nation faces now its greatest test. US! It is our ambition to do nothing less than destroy Talingarde utterly.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Joph » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 am

Darius says to the guard, "Really now, do try to keep quiet. I'll make it quick!" He takes a step to help flank with Cullen and slashes at the guard's chest to try to throw him further off-balance. This time he is successful, with bright red blood staining the guard's tunic and ringmail. Darius can't help but lick his lips at the sight. He wants to feast on this soul and then push him off the roof, but he knows he must needs restrain himself for a time.


spoiler: show
Standard Action: Darius attacks the guard with Power Attack after five-foot-stepping to flank. Attack roll is thus 20 rather than 18.
Darius, Power Attack Longsword vs. Guard (18)
Darius, Power Attack Longsword Damage (9)


Darius Mini-stats | Show
Darius Talingarde
Male Lawful Evil Dhampir Antipaladin, Level 1,
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft.
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3,
CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longbow (20/20 arrows left) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt, Heavy Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
Weapon in Hand: Longsword & Shield

Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition None
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:48 am

Samara openly grinned now as the guard took a nasty slash from Darius. He would not last long, but needed to be finished quickly. Cackling, the witch extended the duration of the hex she had placed on the man.

The the dark haired woman attempted to aid the fight by casting a simple cantrip to daze the guard.


actions | Show
Free Action:]
Move Action:] cackle to extand hex on guard by 1 round
[b]Standard Action:] cast Daze Cantrip, Save is DC 15.




Samara Mini-Stats | Show
Init +5, Speed 30
AC 1317, Tch 13, FF 10, CMD 13
HP 09/09
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 (+4 vs divine)
Spells:
Cantrips (Detect magic, Daze, Guidance)
1st Level (Mage Armor,Cure Light Wounds) 1/2 Remaining
Hexes: DC=14, Healing Hex, Evil Eye, Cackle
Conditions: Mage Armor, +4 AC for 1 hour, guidance
Weapon in Hand: dagger
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 am

Cullen was in position opposite the wounded guard and was prepared to finish him off. With Darius already distracting the poor bastard, the cleric's mace smashed in his skull from the back. The guard sprawled forward on his face all akimbo and limp with death.

"That was easy enough," he remarked dryly. "We can signal the others now."

He leaned over the edge of the parapet to look down below towards the door to the main prison building. With the light from the lantern illuminating him he waved down to where Rua'thil was supposed to be watching then he gave a thumbs up and pointed towards the door to the gate house.

"Let's meet up with the others on the mid level and we can decide how we are going to finish off the Sergent and his gambling friends, heh, heh."


Actions | Show
Attack guard using Guidance: Cullen's Mace with Flanking and Guidance (17,8)

Map Link


Cullen Mini-stats | Show
Cullen Demarche
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5, CMB +2
Leather Club +2 (1d6+2 (Half Nonlethal), 20x2)
Dagger +2 (1d4+2, 19-20x2)
Mace +2 (1d8+3, x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Weapons in Hand: Mace

Conditions: None
1st Level Spells: 2/3 Remaining
Channel Neg Energy: 7/7 Remaining
Touch of Law: 5/6 remaining
Copy Cat: 6/6 remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12310
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Rua'thil » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 am

~ Branderscar Prison: Entryway ~

Rua’thil saw the signal from up above after hearing some laughter and a muffled clattering. She recognized Cullen's face and nodded. She opened the door to the prison's main hallway and waved back in return.

"Come on, Grumblejack. They dispatched the guard up there so we can move freely through the courtyard without fear of being seen for an alarm being raised."

She was almost gleeful in her tone at the prospect of freedom being so much closer with only one significant obstacle being in their way. And that prick of Sergeant was probably drunk with no idea they were coming to get him.

Rua'thil crossed the courtyard, signally the dogs to follow her.

Once inside, she asked the ogre, "Can you help me with the dogs, hoisting them up to the next floor." The dogs were not going to be able to climb the ladder.


Map Link

Rua'thil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 16, Tch 12, FF 14, CMD 11
HP 10/10
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +6
Spells:
Cantrips (Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Guidance, Light)
1st Level (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation) 2/2 Remaining
Summon Monster 1: 2/5 remaining
Conditions: None

Weapons in Hand: Spear (with Light)

Fiendish Eagle | Show
Summon Monster 1 Statblocks
FE1 AC 14, HP 5/5
Attacks: Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4), bite +3(1d4)
User avatar
Rua'thil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 am
Location: Golarion

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Joph » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:26 am

Darius lets out a laugh as the guard collapses and comments, "Only Blackerly really stands between us and freedom now. I imagine he'll be difficult to deal with though. Let's discuss our plans...I've a few more tricks in mind."


spoiler: show
Standard Action: Evil Planning.


Darius Mini-stats | Show
Darius Talingarde
Male Lawful Evil Dhampir Antipaladin, Level 1,
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft.
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3,
CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longbow (20/20 arrows left) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt, Heavy Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
Weapon in Hand: Longsword & Shield

Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition None
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Joph » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:29 am

Grumblejack smiles as his allies dispatch the guard. He nods to Rua'thil, saying, "It's time then. Yes, let's get the dogs all tied up and we can smash the little'uns. If need be, after Blackerly is dispatched I can probably take out the last guard and dog on the bridge. I doubt any guard is going to remain vigilant when he sees an ogre charging wielding his sergeant's head on a pike." Grumblejack enters and assists with the canines.
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Rua'thil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:01 am

~ Gate House 2nd Floor ~

Rua’thil climbed the ladder to hush the dogs and instruct them to stay put on the second floor of the gate house. She was expecting the others to come down soon and meet them near the ladder down to the door, away from the ladder down to other tower of the gate house where Blackerly was hosting his gambling.

She whispered, “Depending on what our plan is, we might need the two dogs to help. Without any more healing, we can ill afford to give up any advantages we have at our disposal. But for now, I’ll have the dogs instructed to heel right here.”

The summoner had a few ideas already, but suspected that Cullen and Darius did as well now that they were getting ready to face the last resistance to their escape.


Map Link

Rua'thil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 16, Tch 12, FF 14, CMD 11
HP 18/18
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7
Spells:
Cantrips (Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Guidance, Light)
1st Level (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation) 3/3 Remaining
Summon Monster 1: 2/5 remaining
Conditions: None

Weapons in Hand: Spear (with Light)

Fiendish Eagle | Show
Summon Monster 1 Statblocks
FE1 AC 14, HP 5/5
Attacks: Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4), bite +3(1d4)
User avatar
Rua'thil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 am
Location: Golarion

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Samara » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Samara was still grinning when Cullen bashed the guards head in. The body hit the floor on the level with a satisfying thud.

"Well, that turned out to be easy, " the witch muttered to herself and the others.

Indeed, the dark haired witch could almost taste freedom. This close however, she was beginning to worry about her familiar. The bird still hadn't made it's appearance. Samara hoped it wasn't dead.

Looking at at the other two men, Samara nodded back towards the trap door. Darius had already signaled the others.

"Alright, let's head back down and rejoin the others. THen we can take care of the last of the vermin in this prison."

With that, the witch headed back down to the 2nd level. By then, Rua'thil, the dogs, and the ogre had already made it across the yard to the gatehouse and were waiting.

She updated the two as Cullen and Darius joined them from above.

"Alright then, how do we take care of the remaining?"

actions | Show
Free Action:]
Move Action:] head back down to 2nd level.
[b]Standard Action:]




Samara Mini-Stats | Show
Init +5, Speed 30
AC 1317, Tch 13, FF 10, CMD 13
HP 09/09
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 (+4 vs divine)
Spells:
Cantrips (Detect magic, Daze, Guidance)
1st Level (Mage Armor,Cure Light Wounds) 1/2 Remaining
Hexes: DC=14, Healing Hex, Evil Eye, Cackle
Conditions: Mage Armor, +4 AC for 1 hour, guidance
Weapon in Hand: dagger
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Joph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Darius gives a few suggestions, "My disguise could be put to good use again. What we want is for Blackerly and his friends to be unable to flank us. If we become surrounded, we'll die. If we can funnel the drunkards somewhere, that'll make our lives easier. I can try to pull the wool over their eyes as well, but Blackerly may be a bit better at seeing through my lies. I would say we are best focusing on Blackerly to take him out quickly in any case - it may demoralize the other prison guards when their sergeant lies dead at their feet."


spoiler: show
Standard Action: Evil Planning, take 2.


Darius Mini-stats | Show
Darius Talingarde
Male Lawful Evil Dhampir Antipaladin, Level 1,
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft.
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3,
CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longbow (20/20 arrows left) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt, Heavy Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
Weapon in Hand: Longsword & Shield

Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition None
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 am

Cullen carried the dead guard’s lantern with him as he returned to the second floor. They would need it to see. The only other illumination was from the hole in the floor that led to the ground level of the eastern side. That was where Blackerly was allegedly holding his drunken gambling session. Even from this distance the sounds of talking and laughter could be heard drifting up from below.

“If I pretend to be a guard, I can maybe just get close enough to channel some profane energy to suck the life from them. That will hit them all at once, and if they are drunk enough, they might not even know what is happening or where it is coming from.”

“The only drawback is that you must stay at least 30 feet away from me as well or His dark power will wash over you as well.”


Updated Map Link
Cullen Mini-stats | Show
Cullen Demarche
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13
Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5, CMB +2
Leather Club +2 (1d6+2 (Half Nonlethal), 20x2)
Dagger +2 (1d4+2, 19-20x2)
Mace +2 (1d8+3, x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Weapons in Hand: Mace

Conditions: None
1st Level Spells: 2/3 Remaining
Channel Neg Energy: 7/7 Remaining
Touch of Law: 5/6 remaining
Copy Cat: 6/6 remaining
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12310
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Rua'thil » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:49 am

~ Gate House 2nd Floor ~

Rua’thil brought out the map again and gestured for everyone to gather around near the western side of the gatehouse’s second floor. “Yes, that is not a bad idea. Look here,” she pointed to where the rest of the guards were supposed to be (3c on Map).

“We have them trapped in a place they cannot get out of very easily. Even if a few survive Cullen’s divine gift, there is more that we can do. I can summon some creatures into their midst like I have done before. Grumblejack can strike down at them from the hole using his superior reach. Samara has her hexcraft.”

“All of this poses little risk to us. In fact, if we pull up the ladder so they cannot even get out. You have some arrows from the dead guards that can be used to keep shooting until they are all dead.”


Map Link

Rua'thil Mini-Stats | Show
Init +2, Speed 30
AC 16, Tch 12, FF 14, CMD 11
HP 18/18
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7
Spells:
Cantrips (Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Guidance, Light)
1st Level (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation) 3/3 Remaining
Summon Monster 1: 2/5 remaining
Conditions: None

Weapons in Hand: Spear (with Light)

Fiendish Eagle | Show
Summon Monster 1 Statblocks
FE1 AC 14, HP 5/5
Attacks: Melee 2 talons +3 (1d4), bite +3(1d4)
User avatar
Rua'thil
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 am
Location: Golarion

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Samara » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:51 am

Samara looked at the map of the prison that Rua'thil produced. She examined the gatehouse and found the section where the group now stood and then glanced at the room that the Blackerly and his croonies were residing at.

The witch smiled and agreed with the other woman.

"Aye, this seems a bit too easy. With only one exit from that room...at least according to the map, we can just pelt them from the trapdoor."

"Cullen, does your divine gift work through floors? I need to see my targets in order to hex them, and then need to be with roughly 30 feet. But if I should be able to hex them as they attempt to come up the trapdoor. And any of those that do make it, Darius and Grumblejack can deal with them."

The smile had turned into a evil grin.

"I am liking this plan."

actions | Show
Free Action:]
Move Action:]
[b]Standard Action:]


Samara Mini-Stats | Show
Init +5, Speed 30
AC 1317, Tch 13, FF 10, CMD 13
HP 09/09
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3 (+4 vs divine)
Spells:
Cantrips (Detect magic, Daze, Guidance)
1st Level (Mage Armor,Cure Light Wounds) 1/2 Remaining
Hexes: DC=14, Healing Hex, Evil Eye, Cackle
Conditions: Mage Armor, +4 AC for 1 hour, guidance
Weapon in Hand: dagger
Samara, a witchy Witch
User avatar
Samara
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: WotW: Act 1 Prison Break [IC]

Postby Joph » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Darius gives a few suggestions, "Ha, let me in on that dark energy as well Cullen. I am an accursed being, and it will only rejuvenate me. Let's get to our pernicious deed then, shall we? I can stand by the trap door with a bow in hand and we'll shoot them down like rats." The dhampir gets his longbow ready for action.


spoiler: show
Move Actions: Put away sword and shield, draw longbow.


Darius Mini-stats | Show
Darius Talingarde
Male Lawful Evil Dhampir Antipaladin, Level 1,
Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft.
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +3,
CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longbow (20/20 arrows left) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt, Heavy Steel Shield (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 18
Condition None
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Previous

Return to Way of the Wicked [PF]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest