The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Image Image
Peter Smith (a.k.a. Spells Caster) is the leader of a group of super friends who fight crime in the Pacific Northwest city of Seacouver.

Moderators: PMiller, Commissioner Falco

Re: The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am

Jessica shut the door on the empty courtroom and looked back at Spells Caster since he found someone to talk with. She walked over and listened to the advice.

She had realized that simply driving around was not getting them where they needed to go and the wizard had confirmed it. But the answer of how to use his magic had not been obvious to Spells Caster yet.

Then a LED light went on in her head and she asked Spells Caster in a whisper, “What about your crystal ball?”
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 am

"Thank you for the information," Spells Caster replied and followed teh man out of the bathroom.

He rejoined the group and listened to JJ. "Great idea," the wizard said. "I'll try that."

He took out the crystal ball and took a deep breath. "Can you show me where room U27 is?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:40 am

Apollo snorted at the answer Spells was given by the man in the bathroom.

"Of course! Magic! Should have known, " he said rather sarcastically.

The dragon then turned to Xander and Reggie. They were wizards and one of them did have experience with the Hall of Judgement.

"You wouldn't happen to know what that fellow meant by using magic?"

Apollo did glance over at Spells and nodded about the use of the crystal ball. That would help too.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Commissioner Falco » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:04 pm

U27 at last...Following the others’ advice, Spells Caster pulled out his crystal ball and commanded it to show him to room U27. The swirling colors spun around in the crystal ball like a kaleidoscope, then resolved into a clear picture of a door with a small plate on the front that read “U27”.

Once he had the room pictured clearly in the ball, he was able to pull back the picture to get a clear idea of where it was down the corridor from where they stood. It seemed like they needed to travel down the endless hall approximately five minutes at a rapid clip for JJ, or longer if they ran as fast as they could.

They rushed their way down to the door and opened it.

They saw a full courtroom with many wizards in judges’ robes at the front. The two wizards who had come to collect Cliff and Rusty stood off to the side, like an honor guard. There were many wizards in the benches behind the defendant’s table. Peter had to crane his neck past the crowd to see that both Cliff and Rusty sat there.

One of the robed wizards was speaking.

“If there is no further testimony, are you prepared to give your verdict, your honor?” he said to the judge sitting in the center of the judges’ table.

The judge in the center was a very old and skinny man with white hair and a long white beard.

“I am,” he said.

All the spectators started whispering and leaning forward expectantly.
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:55 am

When the U27 door appeared, Spells Caster put the crystal ball back into his pocket. Then he gestured the others to follow him all the way to U27. After they got there, he opened the door. there was a crowd so he had to push through.

He was so eager to see Cliff, he was speechless while going through the people. he couldn't see Cliff yet.

When the judge was going to say if his friend was guilty, Spells Caster quickly waved his hand in the air and yelled, "Wait! We want to use the Rule of Might to decide if my friend is guilty or not!"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:22 am

Jessica hoped that Spells Caster knew what he was doing to interrupt the proceedings. They had apparently kept it rather close in their timing and could have been too late to stop the trial.

She added her own raised voice to help since she had seen some lawyer movie with Johnny before. It was a weird flick called Legally Blonde.

"Your honor, I object to the previous testimony. It was unfair and unnecessary, ipso facto and... the witness is in need of some better fashion advice and a makeover?"

Jessica had not idea what she was doing and turned to Apollo to ask in low voice, "You work with lawyers do you not?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Apollo helped shoulder some of the spectators and such out the way as the group made their way to the front of the courtroom. They certainly cut it close, and the dragon marvelled at the quickness these wizard courts worked. Some one must have had an ulterior agenda. No courts moved that quickly.

"Not if I can bloody help it, " Apollo replied to JJ about lawyers. Of course he had some on his staff, but he tried his best to stay out of the human courtrooms and such. They were all together a different kind of breed. His friend Delvin, however, good work with the best of them.

"Right! Rule of Might! We demand a Rule of Might Challenge!" Apollo boomed in his dragon voice.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Commissioner Falco » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:52 pm

The challenge...There was a loud gasp from the assorted crowd. All the wizards in attendance turned to gawk at the trio, and all the whispering turned into a babble of voices. “Who is that?” and “Do you know him?” and “Who is that girl with blue hair?” and “The Rule of Might! Just in time!” “I didn’t think this could get more interesting, but now it has!”

The old judge banged his gavel on the bench.

“Order! Order in the court! Order I say!”

He had to bang it several more times before the crowd quieted down. All the wizards moved away from the Trio of Justice and their friends, so there was a clear path between them and the path down to the front of the courtroom.

“Let they who have invoked The Rule of Might come forward!”

The judge gestured the Trio forward. Now they could see Cliff sitting off to the side, his eyes wide as he stared at his friend.

“Peter, what are you doing?” he said as they came forward. “I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”

The judge banged his gavel again.

“Order I said!” He gestured for them to stand before the Judges’ bench. “Now, let me hear you say that again. You intend to invoke the Rule of Might to determine your friend’s guilt or innocence? Who intends to fight for this man, Clifton Harley?”
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:13 am

Spells Caster walked up to Cliff and replied, "Of course, I'll fight for you! You're my friend!"

He smiled at him and then walked to the judge's bench.

"I will fight for Clifton Harley to see if he's innocent!"

The wizard turned to his group, "Who will fight with me?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:03 am

Apollo was surprised at the sudden change in atmosphere in the courtroom. Rather it was the invocation of the Rule of Might, or the trio bursting in, the half-dragon was sure. It seemed some of the spectators were looking forward to a little excitement. The judge was struggling to return order to the court, and perhaps that would work with the trio.

The half-dragon stepped forward with Spellscaster. He stood at his friends side and just behind.

"I will fight for Clifton Harley." he announced in his booming dragon voice. He hoped it would rattle the wizards.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:12 am

Jessica smiled at Cliff as she walked past and gave him a reassuring pat on his shoulder. "Do not worry, we shall not get hurt. More likely the other way around."

She turned to Xander and Reggie to beckon them to come along. They were five strong and it helped to have more wizards for the upcoming tickle fight.

She joined Apollo and Spells Caster in front of the Judge. "Count me in too. We intend to prove Clifton's innocence. Prepare to face the Trio of Justice."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Commissioner Falco » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:01 pm

The Five...ImageImage

“The Trio of Justice…and their friends!” Reggie called out. He and Xander approached the bench and joined Spells Caster, the Dragon, and JJ-2000 in front of the judges’ panel. Behind the five of them, the assembled crowd began to whisper again, but the old judged banged his gavel once more, and they quieted.

Cliff beamed when Peter said he and his friends would fight for him. He smiled and looked at them with gratitude in his eyes, his shoulders rising and his chin rising with hope. He looked like he wanted to say something more, but the judge was banging his gavel again.

“Order I said!” No one had been whispering that loudly, but the banging almost seemed like a reflex at this point. “Very well! The Rule of Might has been invoked, and so it will be honored. We will determine Clifton Harley’s guilt or innocence through this challenge.”

Whoops and excited shouts broke out from the audience. The Trio could hear how excited everyone was, and how much speculation went on about what would happen next.

The judge scowled and lifted his gavel, and the crowd quieted.

“Who will represent the Council?” the judge cried.

“I will!” a male voice called from the side.

“And I,” a female said. 

ImageImage

Two people stepped forward, and the Trio of Justice recognized the two wizards who had arrived at the river to arrest Cliff.

The old judge nodded at them. “Very well; that is two. In order for the sides to be balanced, we need three more. Who else will volunteer?”

One of the judges slipped his judge’s robes over his head. “I will volunteer. I temporarily step down from my position as judge in order to participate in the challenge.”

The fellow was an older man with a heavy white beard and dark alert eyes.

The old judge nodded at the man. “Very well. Now we need two more.”

“I will!” another voice called from the crowd of onlookers. A young woman emerged and stepped in front of the bench to join the Asian man, Latina woman, and the white-bearded wizard. She had black and bright red striped hair and a small nose piercing.

The old judge looked at her carefully. “Are you sure you want to do this? It could be dangerous.”

She nodded and shook her fist in the air. “Yeah! I want to fight! I’m great a fighting! I’m a fire mage! I’ll toast those guys to a crisp!”

Xander and Reggie looked a bit askance at this, and the Asian man and Latina woman looked at each other and shook their heads, but the old judge finally nodded. “Very well, we accept you too. Now we just need one. Who will step forward?”

No one spoke up immediately. Everyone looked around at each other, and some avoided the others’ eyes. There was a lot of rustling and scraping.

“Who will step forward?” the old judge called again.

Seconds went by with no immediate reply. Then a very calm voice said, “I will.”

Suddenly, the room was quiet. The spectators quietly began to move away from a spot until one person stood in the center of the room. He was a very short man, so short he no taller than a young child, but he was a fully grown adult, a ‘little person’. He had light brown hair and wore neat clothing, and had a long scar on his cheek.

The crowd remain silent. Everyone was staring at the man. Even the old judge looked very surprised.

“Ah…we’re honored, of course,” the old judge said, then gestured for the short man to take his place with the others. The short man walked over to join the other four. “Very well!” the old judge cried. “We have our five opponents. Are there any questions before we begin setting the terms of the fight?”
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:51 am

Spells Caster eyed each of the opposing team. He glared at the short man and wondered, 'Can he really fight?'

Once the judge asked the question, the wizard replied in a pretty loud voice, "I'm ready to start, if my companions are ready."
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:20 am

Jessica looked over the five opponents. The two they had met before were likely dangerous, but also arrogant. The fire mage was excitable and potentially manipulated. The old man and the shorter one who joined last was puzzling. Normally she would not worry about either, except magic using often relied upon wisdom and learning so size did not matter where age often meant a wizard knew a lot more.

She spoke up, "Sure, I have some questions."

"First, we are using standard rules, correct? Each side gets three denials of the opponent's proposals. If one side denies all three of the initial proposals, the court will decide the terms. And we get to go first."

"Next question is who are these wizards that have volunteered to face us?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Apollo eyed their opponents. He was not suprised at the first two. After all, they are the ones that carted off Cliff in the first place. They didn't like the idea of the Trio objecting in the first place.

The judge was probably an conservative old timer who may have pushed for the law to the begin with.

The red-stripped woman was a bit of a suprised. From the clarification, it seemed she might be either some one's daughter, or something to prove. She likely didn't have anything against Cliff or the trio.

The last was the biggest unknown. The way the short man was addressed by the old judge signified some one of power. Perhaps another political opponent or something.

"Right. Who do we have the honor of facing in the Rule of Might. We've identified ourselves...."
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Trio of Justice [The Window]