The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Image Image
Peter Smith (a.k.a. Spells Caster) is the leader of a group of super friends who fight crime in the Pacific Northwest city of Seacouver.

Moderators: PMiller, Commissioner Falco

Re: The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Jessica frowned on that proposal and turned to Apollo and the others, “That might not be a good idea to accept.”

“It could be okay, if we had no choice. But with the lead we have in not using our denials, I suggest we decline it so we do not have to worry about working around it.”

She did not fly herself, but could ride on Apollo’s back. But the big drawback would be some of the other conditions she had in mind and Spells Caster was not the best flier.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:07 am

Spells Caster knew that the Trio should deny the next proposal. "Well, this can't be helped. JJ's right, we should deny this."

The wizard then stepped forward and said, "We will deny this proposal."

He went back to his group and asked, "What should our next proposal be? Any ideas?"

Spells Caster paused for a moment and suggested, "How about saying something ridiculous, like one participant has to be a robot?"
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:04 am

Apollo couldn't fault denied the proposal that the fight could take place in the air. He knew Spells was no flyer and JJ probably couldn't fly either. But in the air, Apollo would be in his full dragon form and Spells could fight from his back....

"Just as well, " he said as Peter stepped forward and denied the proposal. They had some to spare.

On their next proposal, the ridiculous of it would definitely draw a denial.

"Can we do that? We've already determined sides....but...then again..."

"We can see if it flies. JJ, do you have a better idea?"

The dragon had ideas for proposals for once the other team used up theirs.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Jessica thought about Apollo’s question on the idea Spells Caster had. “Hmm, maybe they could disqualify that proposal unless it was worded carefully. Maybe we can twist it to be something more specific. Let me try.”

She stepped forward and announced, “Our next proposal is this. If the team has a non-wizard member, they are exempt from any opposing wizard using magic against them.”
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Commissioner Falco » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Proposals...The opposing team reacted to JJ’s proposal, frowning and muttering amongst themselves. They spent a short time whispering to each other before Marshal Cardenas turned to the old judge.

“Your honor, we object to this proposal on the grounds it is unfair.”

The old judge banged his gavel.

“Sustained,” the judge said. “Each team must make reasonable requests, not requests that are obviously meant to make the opposing team use up a denial since the duel would be impossible for the team to win under the conditions you propose. This is your only warning. If you make another unreasonable request, you will gain one additional denial to your tally.”

Marshal Cardenas bowed respectfully and stepped back.

“Now,” the old judge said, “I will give you a refresher. These proposals are meant to set the terms of the duel. So far, we have determined when the duel will take place. That is immediately after setting the terms. But we don’t know where the duel will be held. I suggest you both focus your proposals on that, and stop nitpicking about what sort of weapons can be used.”

He gestured.

“The team representing the accusers may go next.”

The other group turned back and murmured to each other. Except Sally Vicious, of course. She just glowered and sulked. Finally Marshal Cardenas stepped forward again.

“Our proposal is that the duel take place underwater, in the nearest body of water. There is a large, deep lake not far from here.”
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:17 pm

Jessica looked disappointed and realized they had made a mistake and unless they wanted to do the contest underwater they would be tied on denials.

She turned to the others and said, “Sorry, I had not thought they could object to a proposal and we would have it thrown out. We ended up losing a turn too. I think that any proposal we make to turn this contest to favor myself or Apollo as non-wizards will be thrown out. I had thought we could use up their denials and we would then be able to essentially ban magic in favor of a contest they could not win against a dragon or a motorcycle.”

“If the contest has to insist on using magic it already means that he and I are at a disadvantage. We really need some legal expertise, and you are best suited for this, Apollo. Can you at least counter argue that objection to potentially get our turn at suggesting a proposal given back?”

“As for the contest underwater, that could be is actually worse than being in the air. I would rather suggest we hold the contest right here in this courtroom. What about some using magic or devices to allow breathing in the water? Wouldn’t we need preparation for that anyway?”

“Maybe our best plan for the opening of the contest is to have Apollo and I simply knock out whichever wizard we can get our hands on first. Maybe we should propose that the contests start off with opponents paired against each other and tied at the left wrists? That way, perhaps the location will not matter.”
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:52 am

"Hmmph," said Spells Caster, disappointed. "We didn't know that you can object a proposal."

"You know what, maybe we should say that this proposal is unfair, since we have non-wizard members. It might work," he suggested, glaring at the accusing team.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Apollo was likewise disappointed that they lost a turn over the objection. They should have thought to clarify the proposal rules, and now it but them on the defensive as far as the making the proposals are concerned.

"Hmm. I think we might be in shaky ground as far as that is concerned. We are, after all, on the wizards own home turf so to speak."

"I think the question now is do we risk objecting and perhaps loosing our denials, or just deny the proposal to begin with. Either way, fighting underwater is not a good idea."
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:12 am

When Apollo offered no help, Jessica turned to Xander and Reggie, "Surely we can counter object, can we not?"

"The ruling is rather narrow as it stands, claiming that the wizards cannot win if they cannot use magic against non-magic using contestants."

She spoke up, "Your honor, I wish to object to the ruling on their objection. By claiming our proposal as unfair, you are stating that the opposing side must be allowed an unfair advantage against those of us with no magical abilities instead of facing us on equal footing. By our proposal, they could use magic on themselves to aid them while facing a non-wizard so this hardly a proposal that prevents them from winning. Surely they are intelligent enough to work around this restriction, your honor."

"But furthermore, a warning would be telling us we must withdraw the proposal and submit a different one. Yet instead, you punish us for ignorance in what appears to be a biased decision by essentially taking away our turn. Surely such important wizards as yourselves would not seek to take advantage of us non-wizards on both issues. Is that bias not grounds for a mistrial?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby LMiller » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:46 am

Spells Caster let JJ do the speaking and then whispered to the others, “What should our next proposal be?”

He looked back at the Judge, waiting for him to speak.
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Previous

Return to Trio of Justice [The Window]