The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Image Image
Peter Smith (a.k.a. Spells Caster) is the leader of a group of super friends who fight crime in the Pacific Northwest city of Seacouver.

Moderators: PMiller, Commissioner Falco

The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Postby Commissioner Falco » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 am

Issue One: The Party

October 24, 2013
Seacouver Center for the Arts

Seacouver, Downtown district
7:13 PM
53 degrees Fahrenheit, partly cloudy.

Image Image

It was the grand opening of the brand new Seacouver Center for the Arts.

The building had just been finished. It was built right on the waterfront and had a view out to the ocean. It was evening and the lights along the waterfront were very beautiful.

The Center for the Arts was a large building with many windows and large, open rooms. It had a gallery for artists to show their paintings, a theater for plays or operas, and classrooms for children to learn how to draw or paint after school.

Inside the building, they were having a party to celebrate the grand opening!

Women were wearing beautiful dresses and men were wearing handsome suits. Waiters and waitresses gave everyone fruit punch to drink and shrimp to eat.

There were some important guests at the party.

One was Mayor Novak. He had worked very hard to make sure that the Center for the Arts was built so everyone in Seacouver could enjoy it. He was very proud of it.

Lucas Ringwald was the special guest of honor at the party. He was a famous artist, and his newest paintings were on display at the gallery.

Peter Smith, aka Spells Caster, was at the party because his friend Lucas invited him to see his new paintings and help celebrate the new Arts Center.

Another guest was Apollo Robinson, aka The Dragon. He was at the party because he liked to collect art. He already owned one of Lucas’ paintings. He kept the painting in his hoard.

Jessica Jones, aka JJ, was also at the party. Her good friend Johnny Reaver had built a beautiful custom motorcycle, and the motorcycle was on display at the Arts Center too.

Lucas saw Peter in the crowd and hurried over to him.

He was smiling and looked very happy to see his friend. He was wearing a nice suit.

“Peter! I’m so glad you could come to the party! Isn’t this great?”
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Trio of Justice: Volume One [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:03 am

Peter was looking at Lucas's newest drawings of a pheonix flying and a castle in the moonlight.

"Yeah, it's great! Your newest drawings are awesome!" said Peter.

A waiter came by so he got two cups of punch, one for himself and one for Lucas.

"Hey, Lucas. Let's go admire the new art in the building."
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 am

Jessica was not used to the dress up clothes, her normal blue and white outfit actually a part of her when she morphed. The party dress covered her differently. It felt strange.

She admired Johnny's bike, the one she helped design.

Feeling uncomfortable, she did not socialize much with the other party guests. She quietly looked at the various artwork.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Apollo stood off in a corner watching people. He is dressed in a nice black suit with tie, and holding a glass of juice in his hand. Despite all his years in the human populace, parties like this still made him nervous.

But the man is impressed with the paintings on display, and that is the main reason he choose to attend. Perhaps he would go home with one tonight.

Apollo spies Lucas and Peter making the rounds, and thinks about joining them. But he then finds Jessica hanging out by herself. Looking pretty in her party dress, the girl looked like she needed some company.

Apollo approaches the blue haired girl

“Hi Jessica. That is an awesome bike. Did you help build it?”

Apollo looks admiring at the craftsmen ship and design of the two wheeled machine. Then he looks up.

“Oh, there’s Peter and Lucas. Should we go say hi?”
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:08 am

Jessica looked up at Apollo's approach. She remembered the lesson on proper manners and discarded the less formal greeting she normally hears Johnny use around the garage.

"Hello, Apollo. Fine evening we are having. I am fine. How are you?" Her voice did not sound like real conversation. Instead it was more like a student rushing to parrot the correct phrases.

Forgetting that she should wait for a reply, Jessica answered the questions, "No, Johnny built it. But he did ask for my help in planning." In fact some of designs were very similar to hers when she was a motorcycle.

"Yes, we can go greet them." She turned away from the bike to walk towards Peter and his artist friend.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Commissioner Falco » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:18 am

“Thanks!” Lucas took the punch that Peter gave him and sipped from the glass. “Yeah, let’s go see the art.”

The two friends looked at the paintings on the walls. There were many paintings. Some were of buildings and some were of mountains and oceans and other outdoor scenes. There were many different styles.

Finally, Peter and Lucas got to the front of the gallery.

“I wanted you to see this one,” Lucas said. “This is the one I just finished. It took me a really long time.”

Lucas pointed out the painting he meant. It was of two dragons fighting.

Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Herzog » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 am

Apollo smirked at the automatic greeting from the blue haired girl. It was strange sometimes conversing her, when one realizes that she is alien and machine in one. English and human customs still lost of the girl

"I'm doing well. Just don't like the crowds, you know. Makes me feel crowded."

Apollo looked one last time at the bike, and follows Jessica towards Peter and Lucas.

"Still impressive bike I say."

At the front of new art gallery, the two caught up with Peter and Lucas. Apollo nodded in greeting, offered a friend and simply greeting.

"Hello, how's it going?"

Apollo glanced at the painting the two were viewing, and his eyes wided.

"Impressive! Where'd you get your inspiration?"
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby LMiller » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 am

Peter was surprised by Lucas's new painting because the dragons fighting looked to be real dragons.

"Yeah, what's your purpose of drawing dragons fighting?" asked Peter.

"Oh, hi Apollo and Jessica. Let me introduce Lucas to you guys. We are very good friends."
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Herzog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Apollo nodded in greeting at Peter and Lucas. The dragon recognized the name of Peter's friend from having bought one of the artists painting for his Horde. It was impressive in it's own right, but the new painting on display is simply amazing.

"Lucas, is it? " Apollo said as he shook the artists hand. "Glad to meet you. I'm a friend of Peter as well. And a fan of yours. I have one of your paintings in my collection. It is quite impressive, but this one is even more so."

Forgetful of his manners, Apollo turned and introduces Lucas to Jessica. "This is Jessica, another one our friends. Heh, we're all friends here!"

Apollo smiled at his own little joke.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 am

Jessica smiled at her friend, "Hello, Peter. How are you?"

Without needing a reply to her automatic response, Jessica blinked her eyes as she registered the changing in status of the man with Peter.

Understanding that he was now a friend, her mind started the routine social greeting and she thrust out her hand for Lucas to shake, "Hi, I am Jessica. Nice to meet you. How are you? I am fine, thank you."

She had not known either Peter or Apollo very long. Most of the time she spent with the two men was during their time together in costume and using different names. She was not sure if Lucas was a superhero as well, or not.

Jessica looked curious and asked, "Are you called the Super Painter?" She had guessed at a possible superhero name if Lucas had one.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Commissioner Falco » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 am

“Oh, hi everyone. It’s nice to meet you.”

Lucas shook Apollo’s hand, and Jessica’s hand too. When she asked him if he was called the ‘Super Painter’, he laughed a little and his face turned red. In spite of the fact he was a famous artist, he still got embarrassed when a lot of people were paying attention to him.

“Thank you for saying so,” he said to Jessica. “That’s very nice!”

Lucas did not seem to understand what Jessica was asking him. Instead, he turned to Peter and Apollo when they asked him about the painting of the dragon.

“Oh, my inspiration?”

He turned to look at the painting up on the wall.

“I had a dream, actually. In my dream I was flying over the city. Do you guys ever have dreams you can fly? I was just flying, without flapping my arms or anything! It was great. But then I saw a light in the air in front of me. I flew toward it, and I saw two dragons fighting, one black and one white. I couldn’t tell which one was winning.”

Lucas’ face turned serious.

“You know what was weird about my dream? The dragons were fighting right above this tall tower. The tower was taller than anything else in the city, and on top of it, there was something that looked like - ”

A loud noise interrupted Lucas. It was the sound of a microphone turned on way too loud. Everyone winced and looked toward the sound. They saw that there were people standing up on the stage at the end of the gallery.

“Whoops! Sorry about that!”

The voice was very deep and powerful. Everyone looked and saw that Mayor Novak was standing up on the stage speaking into the microphone. “May I have everyone’s attention, please?” he said.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stepped forward. The mayor smiled.

“Thank you very much. As you all know, we’re here for the grand opening of the brand new Seacouver Center for the Arts. We’ve worked long and hard on making this dream a reality. Now we’ll have a place to display art, have concerts, and teach children how to paint and draw. We’ll also have evening classes for adults to learn painting, music, and other things.”

Everyone in the audience applauded excitedly.

“Thank you, thank you,” the mayor said. “Now, I’d like to - ”

Suddenly, there was a loud CRASH. It was the sound of glass shattering!

Everyone looked and saw that several dangerous-looking robots, each standing about as big as a large horse, had broken through the glass walls. Their eyes glowed red and they had very long arms.

The party guests cried out in fear. Some tried to run away and fell down, getting all tangled up in their nice party clothes. Other guests were in wheelchairs and couldn’t get away quickly. The robots split up and started to move through the crowd.

“What do they want?” someone shouted.
Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LMiller » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm

''Oh, a robot huh. Jessica, do you know anything about this robot? Should I use electrical force or smoke?'' asked Peter.

Then he snaps his fingers and in a second, he transforms into his costume. Peter now looks like a wizard. His cloak is brown. Quickly, Peter spins two times and turns invisible.

He waits for Jessica's answer.

''Lucas, run back to your house!''
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby PMiller » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:24 am

Jessica shook her head, "Sorry, Peter. I never met these before. Electricity might overload them. But smoke could help the innocent people escape."

The she noticed Peter turning into Spellscaster and disappear.

Amidst the screams of the guests and innocent art lovers, Jessica quickly stepped behind a curtain to hide from view. She did not want anyone to see her change and she was not dressed to handle other robots while looking like a human woman.

Moments later, the blue and white metallic looking woman appeared. The motorcycle emblem that was normally on her engine casing was over her left breast. She was clearly labeled JJ-2000, one of the rising superheroes that had recently become known to be one of Seacouver's protectors.

JJ-2000 stood strong in front of the nearest robots, her own robotic looking fists on her hips as her slightly metallic voice stated, "Halt! You have no business here."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Apollo was startles by the loud crash and the sudden appearance of the unfriendly robots. The man frowned at the literal party crashing.

"This can't be good..." muttered Apollo as he looked at the chaos.

Apollo saw both Peter and Jessica transform into their superhero persona. But he lost sight of Peter as the wizard went invisible.

Apollo yelled at one of the nearby staffers for the museum. "Get these people out of here."

Then to JJ and Peter, "We need to get them away from the people!"

Apollo took off his coat and loosened the collar of his shirt. He began to walk toward the robots backing JJ up, as he rolled up his sleeves. Apollo began the transformation towards half dragon, ready to get to grips of the robots.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Commissioner Falco » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

Peter Smith was now Spells Caster. He was also invisible. The robots did not seem to notice him at all. Peter yelled for his friend to run back to his house.

“No!” Lucas called back to Peter. “I have to help these people!”

Peter saw Lucas run to help a woman with white hair who had fallen down and gotten trapped under an overturned table. Lucas lifted the table and the woman crawled out. Then he took her arm and began to help her to the emergency exit.

As Peter looked around, he counted five robots. None of them could see him. The nearest robot stepped on a man’s leg as it walked toward the back of the building. The robot started to reach toward a sculpture of a horse.

JJ-2000The robot closest to the transformed JJ-2000 did not answer her. Instead, it rushed toward her with arms outstretched. The robot grabbed JJ’s arms and tried to throw her aside, but she was too strong. JJ and the robot struggled while the party guests continued to scream and run away.

JJ could tell that she was slightly stronger than the robot. She was also faster and more maneuverable, but it was heavier. As JJ struggled with the robot, she heard a familiar voice yelling.

“No!” JJ’s good friend, Johnny Reaver, ran toward one of the robots. The robot had grabbed his custom motorcycle and was starting to carry it away.

“Don’t take that!” Johnny Reaver shouted. He tried to grab the robot but it was too strong. It hit Johnny Reaver and knocked him into a table. “Ahhhh!” Johnny Reaver cried out in pain.

The DragonApollo transformed into his half dragon form. He was now taller and stronger and his nice suit was bursting at the seams. His dragon ridges and scales poked out of the fabric. Another suit ruined!

A nearby robot rushed toward Apollo and punched him in the stomach, knocking him back.

Apollo’s keen dragon sight let him see that there was a symbol painted on the robot’s chest plate even though it was moving very fast.

Commissioner Falco
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Trio of Justice [The Window]