Ghost

A story of a nameless man, a ghost, a free spirit, divinity, humanity, time: all lit by the constant moon.

Moderators: DM Ash, The DMs

Re: Ghost

Postby Sephora Dushaan » Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Kitty smiles kindly as Ramus informs the girl of who he is. She pays attention listening and multi tasks asking the man in grey where they are headed. 'A secret town full of temples. Should only be a few days travel if we find it alright.' The Beauty wonders what they are getting into, but doesn't think on it too long. She combs her fingers through her hair waiting to see what this little band had in store.
User avatar
Sephora Dushaan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby Kaleen » Fri May 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Her eyebrows knit. "My intentions are neither good nor evil, I simply am. Yes please the book." She gets up and waits for the text she has been interested in studying.

She pauses to learn that Ghost is a man named Ramus and the lady-Kitty, "Fascinating" She utters with an even tone. "Something to consider."
User avatar
Kaleen
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby Ghost » Fri May 08, 2015 8:03 pm

His brow furrows as he volunteers the book to the curious young woman. Though by her response, Ramus was not sure that it was the right choice. She was to the point and tactless but he supposes that women from this plane are or perhaps that this one was particularly devoted to her cause.

Finally Ramus gives her the book and half expects a celebration.

He wanders over to his woman and kisses her neck softly, "You're so beautiful, Dove" Ramus holds her as Kaleen reads, watching the blond while rocking his woman in his arms.
User avatar
Ghost
The Friendliest
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby Sephora Dushaan » Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 am

"Thank you sweetheart. " She turns and smiles broadly. Her thin finger traces down his nose skiing off the end. The woman who loves him sways in his arms. The Beauty shoos bugs away and keeps an eye on the tree line along the rivers shore as they bend and straighten onward.

She holds the back of his head leaning up to kiss him under the chin. His woman squeezes him tight as they enjoy their time together. Later as night falls peace descends and Kaleen is still reading by small light. Kitty falls asleep in his lap as Ramus takes first watch.
User avatar
Sephora Dushaan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby DM Ash » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Kaleen is still absorbed in the book by dawn quietly exclaiming comments such as 'fascinating' or 'curious' and 'chilling' placidly. Page by page she turns occasionally scribbling notes in her own notebook and deciphering puzzling questions to herself. She tests each page with magic assessing for hidden meaning. Eventually in early afternoon she closes the ancient text.

"We are on the right track. It reconfirm some of my initial research and gives hope for new discoveries. I will tell you all I have found. But not now. Rest now." She lies down with the book and settles to going to sleep having stayed up all night.

The man in grey shrugs his shoulders at Kaleen ' s behavior. And the steering spirited lizardfolk nods approvingly about being on course. The lizardfolk says something in another language to the man and grey and the man in grey considers the couple thinking. "My name is Raven. Now that you are with us it is apparent Kaleen believes you are part of the plan. We are venturing to a city of temples to find a sacred tree." He crosses his arms and laughs once and brief. "You may be asking yourself what an odd bunch like us are doing traveling together. We are stewards and best interested in the fates of the land. A shitstorm of unfathomable calamity is brewing. Someone's got to prepare. Kaleen is a neutral observer of Thoth, but her insights aid us and powerful patrons have charged us with preventing the coming doom. We hope you both will join us in the fight to come."
User avatar
DM Ash
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Ghost

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:29 am

"She is an odd girl, but seems to know many things" Ramus exclaims as he watches her curiously.

"Hello Raven, I am Ramus and this here is Kittraine. A sacred tree you say, perhaps this will be a fun event after all."

He ends up listening to the man and can't help but think all of this lies on the shoulders of the little girl named Kaleen.
"How long has she been researching? What is this shitstorm that you are talking about?"
User avatar
Ghost
The Friendliest
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby DM Ash » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Raven shakes his head prodding at a bug with a stick that landed on the small barge and was inspecting a coil of rope. "Don't really know her that well. I was more or less assigned along for extra help." He looks to the lizard who answers the question about how long Kaleen has been researching curtly, "life."

"There we have it. Damn that's too long for me. As far as the trouble..." he reaches into a pocket and pulls out a wooden carved figured of Kaleen and the lizardfolk. "I'm a spy. And i was supposed to kill these two and the rest of their party we lost in Last chance, but my allegiances lie elsewhere. I was surprised to see you running for this barge. I remember seeing you and a taller man as things were heating up at the Black Freighter. I thought the Sulatar had sent you. It was them who put out this hit." He turns the statues over in his hand assessing the lovely woman with Ramus.

"It's been awhile coming now." He continues. "A madness or greed spurred the Sulatar to invade Stormreach. But news of a darkness upon the land and other gathering forces to the south have been reaching me. The churches have been strangely cryptic lately. I'm not sure they know what is going on. I need to find out what is going on." He looks casually over the side wishing the river had the answers.

The lizard hisses, "ttsssrrr. Hates." He points to a mass of debris of logs up ahead blocking passage. He slows the barge down and heads for shore. "What's do?" He inquires perturbed about what to do about the impediment blocking the way with crossed arms and a sour expression.
User avatar
DM Ash
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:44 am

Raven shakes his head prodding at a bug with a stick that landed on the small barge and was inspecting a coil of rope. "Don't really know her that well. I was more or less assigned along for extra help." He looks to the lizard who answers the question about how long Kaleen has been researching curtly, "life.


"Interesting, the importance of the book and this man's life" He points to himself "...had engrossed at least one scholar to study for an entire lifetime?? What in the nine-hells has the slayer of gods done to garner an honour and the notice of such a sweet thing?" The revelations from the two men still baffled the Sacred Exorcist to no end. He has spent millennia watching over and 'reigning-in' the bastard named Ghost. Ramus had no choice as his god Osiris 'shoehorned' or 'merged' his own soul into Ghost's body to keep the dark man from returning to the 'evil bastard' he was. Sure there were plenty of atrocities in the millennium's past and those were handily dealt with by the forces of good. Ghost came from a time full of assholes whom cared for their belly lint more than others.

Ramus ponders as the man continues...

"There we have it. Damn that's too long for me. As far as the trouble..." he reaches into a pocket and pulls out a wooden carved figured of Kaleen and the lizardfolk. "I'm a spy. And i was supposed to kill these two and the rest of their party we lost in Last chance, but my allegiances lie elsewhere. I was surprised to see you running for this barge. I remember seeing you and a taller man as things were heating up at the Black Freighter. I thought the Sulatar had sent you. It was them who put out this hit." He turns the statues over in his hand assessing the lovely woman with Ramus.


"I am glad you did not kill them because gods only know what would have happened to you if you did." He thinks and deduces that Last Chance was a town. "I spotted this barge and the dozing princess over there and for some reason I was compelled to come to her. Perhaps the God Slayer wanted her for some carnal desire or something. You can never tell with that Jackass!"

Though he clears his throat and sets aside his hatred for now...

"It's been awhile coming now." He continues. "A madness or greed spurred the Sulatar to invade Stormreach. But news of a darkness upon the land and other gathering forces to the south have been reaching me. The churches have been strangely cryptic lately. I'm not sure they know what is going on. I need to find out what is going on." He looks casually over the side wishing the river had the answers.


"Then it is fortunate that our paths have crossed Raven, for Kitty and I are priests of great power and prestige. I am a Sacred Exorcist of Osiris and my wife is a Priestess of Sune. Between us, there is no darkness that can stand against our combined might." He looks towards the logs in the water ahead causing a crook in his forming plans.

"Logs have no darkness unfortunately...Perhaps we can move them hopefully because being on foot would have a small chance of killing us. Our enemy does not have boats."
User avatar
Ghost
The Friendliest
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 pm

Re: Ghost

Postby DM Ash » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Speaking of the enemy, as the lizard guides them near to shore and to clear away the debris you all realize the obstruction is a trap as shadows step from the trees.

4 Drow with ochre paint smeared across their skin step forward and throw spears at your group. Two stick in the barge and one sails past Kitty's face. The last sticks in the lizardfolk ' s side severely. He crumples in pain and the barge drifts momentarily.

The Raven moves to rouse Kaleen drawing his blade and staying low. "Those are not the Sulatar. Watch for poison." His forehead creases with concern. "Sh!# late!" The lizardfolk rawrs pulling the skewer out of his side and teetering. He reaches for components in his satchel. Kaleen wakes with a start and shuffles to turn towards the enemy coming towards them at shore.

[The barge is in the shallow depths near shore about 25 ft. From the drow]
User avatar
DM Ash
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Ghost

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:32 pm

"It's about time!!" With his crossed crook and flail, Ramus lets loose with some of his godly powers. Calmly he moves over to the Lizard-Man and brushes his shoulder; A brief and sharp blue light passes through the scaled one (Healed 22 HP). His holy symbol starts flaring a bright gold light. "Feel the blades of the fallen!!!" The sound akin to a thousand chainsaws bursts into being upon the unfortunate drows heads.

spoiler: show
Divine Metamagic Quicken Spell Cure Moderate wounds 4 turn attempts used Roll(2d8)+12: 5,5,+12 Total: 22. And then a blade barrier on the drows heads Blade Barrier save Reflex DC of 20, Damage is Roll(12d6) +0:1,2,6,6,1,5,5,2,2,4,1,3, +0 Total: 38
User avatar
Ghost
The Friendliest
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 pm

Previous

Return to Boldly Into Night [3.5ed Eberron]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron