TJS: Objective Log

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

TJS: Objective Log

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 am

Sarlacc Project

Travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project.

Original Post | Show
Aboard the ResurgenceBefore Kalla can respond, you look up to see the last of your number hustle in and Teeva takes a seat.

Varth nods curtly in response to the greetings, all business-like and not really open to idle chit-chat. "I am fine. Let's get started."

The projector springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs. With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder Varth begins to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries.

"Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability," he says, "I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me, I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources to the project."

"Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc
Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings; casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis."

"Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However, during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to the project."

"One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items being traded were not specified, but physical resources were definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only lead we have."

"Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as my agents. We need you to travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project."

Varth still has that military air about him, displaying the same rigidity that is characteristic of all Imperial officers. He wears the Alderaanian uniform as it was an Imperial one, if he feels any distinction otherwise he is too much the professional to let it show. The man is all business, and though he seems genuine in his assertions, he remains largely unreadable.

More Useful Info | Show
Aboard the ResurgenceImage
Admiral Varth shakes his head, "My only involvement came in managing resources, and most of those transactions were encoded. I never actually was present during the exchanges, nor have I met the hutt or any of his underlings. Nor do I have the information on the resource exchanges and that is one of the things we are hoping to learn with this operation."

"Darga is not one to give up his secrets easily, but he has been known to take associates into his trust. If you can get inside his palace, he might reveal what is going on—or you might be able to find out by snooping around."

"Sorry, but we do not have any contacts on Cato Neimoida. Unfortunately, Darga’s exact whereabouts are unknown. However, he has been seen in the Cato Neimoidian city of Zarra. The city was heavily damaged during the Clone Wars, and half of Zarra is still in ruins. The few residents that have chosen to remain inhabit a cluster of settlements on one end of the city."

"Chances are that someone in the city knows where his palace is and if he is there."

"Is there anything else?"

Info From Borlo | Show
11:12am Local - Cato Neimoidia: Inside Federation's FollyImage
Barlo’s eyes narrowed as Hayole complains about the value of the information.

“No one is forcing you to buy the information. If it is not worth the price to you afterward, I cannot guarantee. But nonetheless, it is what it is worth to me to sell. I am doing a business and if I sold worthless lies, who would come back to buy again, eh?”

He took the credits and tucked it away in his pocket and leaned back forward again to make sure his voice would not carry.

“You already know the Womp Rat is a devaronian thief, yes? His real name is Warrick Raden.”

“Now, most people will not mention the hutt’s name even if they know it, but the unspoken knowledge about the city is that a hutt lord has moved in to take over the underground. Anyone with direct contact with him or his people are not going to admit to anything. Not to me, not to each other, and not the Imperials.”

“However I do know his name, as do you. But I also know that the Womp Rat is indeed one of his errand boys.”
Barlo smiles as he let that important tidbit sink in.

“Wherever the hutt lord has set up his secret palace it is a closely guarded secret, known to only those in his direct employ. And they are not talking about it. So, I do not know where you will find the palace, but I do know where you can eventually find the Womp Rat. He uses an abandoned warehouse in the slums district about eight blocks from here.”

“I cannot say if he is there right now, but unless he is running an errand for his boss that is where he can eventually be found.”

“Do I need to connect the dots for you?”
He asked for Hayole’s benefit, but did not wait for a reply.

“Raden works for the hutt and must know the location of the secret palace to run the crime lord’s errands. I don’t expect him to share that information, but perhaps you will meet his price where I cannot.”
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: TJS: Objective Log

Postby Hayole » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Code Names To Remember

Hayole = Overwatch
J'hera Zed = CJ
Teeva = Vex
Kalla = Wook
Crit = Cannon
Hayole