TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 am

Aboard the ResurgenceImage

After about two weeks aboard the Resurgence, you have received a summons to the briefing room. The briefing room is clean and white, with several benches wrapping smoothly around a holographic projector seated on a raised dais in the center of the room.

When you arrive, you find that Gilder Varth awaits you, now dressed in the uniform of an Alderaanian ship officer. At his side is a small yellow-and silver
astromech droid that whistles softly as it interfaces with a computer system.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
J'hera Zed: 42/42 HP (Thd 14)(FP6); CT: 0; 
Hayole:     47/47 HP (Thd 18)(FP6); CT: 0;
Critias:    29/29 HP (Thd 14)(FP6); CT: 0;
Kalla:      46/46 HP (Thd 22)(FP6); CT: 0; 
Teeva:      47/47 HP (Thd 15)(FP6); CT: 0;

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
Kalla's Rage (8 rnds): 1/1
Teeva's Powers Avail: Battle Strike, Move Object; Surge; Force Blast
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: TJS: A Wretched Hive [IC]

Postby J'hera Zed » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:58 am

J'hera Zed is the first to arrive, eager to find out what the summons concerns. He scampers into the briefing room and sees Varth. Immediately he returns to walking on his hind legs, the grey cloak around him with the hood back.

"J'hera Zed greets the Admiral Gilder Varth."

The tiny furred being selects a seat in the front and leaps up onto it.

HP: 42/42; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 21 (17ff) Fort: 14 Will: 16
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: Normal
FP: 6

Weapon in Hand: none
Grenades: 4 Stun, 3 Frag
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant
Force Powers Available (UtF +13): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Critias Nor » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:17 am

Crit smiled when he saw the former Admiral.

He was uncertain of Varth’s new rank, but clearly the insurgency had trusted him enough to clothe him as one of their own, and give him access to droids and computer systems. It was a relief to know that they had indeed, retrieved the right person, or as least as far as anyone could tell, they had.

“It’s very good to see you again, sir. The uniform suits you.”

Varth was also looking a bit healthier than the last time they had seen him, though Crit saw some scars remained. He understood such things.

“How has your stay been?”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Kalla » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Kalla wanders in, a greasy rag in his hands as he is trying to clean them off. He's been busying himself in the hanger bays and machine shops, vacation really wasn't in a wookiee's vocabulary, and all this down time got him itching to do something. Aside from keeping his bow castor in good shape he also worked on rifles for the ship, just to keep his hands busy.

Once inside he nods at the former Imperial Admiral and finds a seat nest to JZ, opening a pouch on his bandoleer he offers the treat inside, dome of the nuts of Alderaan, which he trades work for. The humans were all too eager to take time off and let the wookiee take some of their tasks.
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Hayole » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:03 am

Hayole, looking a little more relaxed than usual, walked in after Kalla. A couple weeks was just what he needed to stay fresh. He was dressed in spacer clothing, sporting brown pants, black boots, utility belt with blaster at the side, and a navy blue shirt. It was a little odd to see him dressed this casually.

"Admiral," he said as he nodded respectfully to Varth as he walked by and found a seat somewhere in the middle of the table. Hayole had a feeling that vacation time was soon coming to an end.

"Kalla, you ready to quit loafing around all day and get back to work?" he asked with a coy smirk.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:39 am

J'hera Zed accepts a nut, such things are what makes the Galaxy worth seeing.

"J'hera Zed thanks Kallannakazza."

With the nut clutched in his tiny paw, he finds a metal part on one of the chairs and expertly slams the hard shell on the corner edge just right to crack it open without shattering it. Prying it open, the sciurus's whiskers twitch excitedly and he plucks out the delicious inside pieces.

Force Powers Available (UtF +13): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:42 am

Aboard the ResurgenceBefore Kalla can respond, you look up to see the last of your number hustle in and Teeva takes a seat.

Varth nods curtly in response to the greetings, all business-like and not really open to idle chit-chat. "I am fine. Let's get started."

The projector springs to life, and the blue-tinted hologram of a Hutt appears to hover a few inches away from the projector’s three curved prongs. With a brusque clearing of his throat, former Imperial officer Gilder Varth begins to speak, wasting little time on pleasantries.

"Before the Empire decided my conscience was a liability," he says, "I was involved peripherally in a top-secret plan known as the Sarlacc Project. While the details of the project are unknown to me, I was involved in the transfer of large sums of credits and resources to the project."

"Whatever the project entails, it is taking up a lot of the Empire’s time and effort. Moreover, I believe that this Sarlacc
Project is destroying the lives of thousands of sentient beings; casualty reports crossed my desk on a regular basis."

"Unfortunately, I don’t know much more than that. However, during my brief brushes with the project, I discovered that the Imperial Navy was hiding the program’s existence from the Senate by transferring resources through secondary sources. Resources were routed through the Corporate Sector, through fake contractors, and through the criminal underworld to keep a trail from leading back to the project."

"One such secondary source was a Hutt crime lord named Darga. Like all Hutts, Darga is a slimy gangster whose love of credits is exceeded only by his love of power. Part of my job involved transferring resources to Darga, and in turn arranging for Imperial agents to take control of other resources from the Hutt’s organization. These were not simply transfers of credits. The items being traded were not specified, but physical resources were definitely being exchanged. Though it’s not much, this is the only lead we have."

"Captain Verana has charged me with helping to uncover more about the Sarlacc Project, and he has authorized me to use you as my agents. We need you to travel to the planet of Cato Neimoidia and find Darga the Hutt. See if you can learn what he is trading in and how it relates to the Sarlacc Project."

Varth still has that military air about him, displaying the same rigidity that is characteristic of all Imperial officers. He wears the Alderaanian uniform as it was an Imperial one, if he feels any distinction otherwise he is too much the professional to let it show. The man is all business, and though he seems genuine in his assertions, he remains largely unreadable.

Party Status:

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Critias Nor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 am

Crit cringed internally a couple of times during the Admiral’s speech, but he was far too polite to let it show on his face. In spite of the fact that Varth had touted his elevated ‘conscience’, it was clear to Crit that you could take the Admiral out of the Empire, but it was much harder to take the Empire out of the Admiral. His attitude toward non-humans was typical of what Crit had noticed was typical of core-worlders, in spite of the fact that Varth thought he was more evolved.

When the Varth was done, he nodded.

“I can only speak for myself, sir, but I am definitely in to pursue this important mission.”

He looked over his shoulder at the others.

“What say you, my friends?”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Hayole » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am

"Absolutely," replied Hayole. He was used to a "no nonsense" attitude and he appreciated Varth's directness. Hayole wasn't sure if Varth was a little ticked off at being kept in the dark a couple weeks ago by Hayole and his companions or maybe it was dealing with Empire. Perhaps it was not having as much rank and authority as he used to. Either way, Hayole did not want to get on Varth's bad side.

"How are we getting to Cato Neimoidia?" he asked. Hayole imagined that they would take the Banshee, and if that was the case, he wanted to take precautions somehow to make sure that the Empire wasn't still actively looking for the Baudo Yacht.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Teeva » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Teeva frown as she listens and watches the Admiral brief them. She had been the last to arrive and is only now glancing up at the admiral. He indeed is looking better than when she last saw him.

Teeva herself had enjoyed the last couple of weeks not really doing much of anything. She had kept up sparing and lightsaber practice to stay in shape, but the rest of her time was spent wandering the ship, checking out the ships library, or mediating. All in all, a very much relaxing two weeks. But Teeva is ready for a task as boredom had begun to set in.

The girl looked back at the holo projection of the Hutt. She didn’t like the species in general, and as the the stereotypical crime lords and the greedy always scrambling for more power. It does not surprise the near human to hear that the Hutt is involved in some black project of the Empires.

“I’m in. Was starting to get wanderlust again, “ replied Teeva to Crit’s question. In truth, her meditations from the last couple of weeks merely confirmed that the girl felt right taking a stand against the Empire for its atrocities.

“Is Captain Okeefa providing the transport again? Or are we to make our way to the planet by other means?” Teeva reiterated Hayole's question.
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby J'hera Zed » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 am

J'hera Zed has finished the nut by the end of the briefing and his whiskers twitch while his looks from Critias Nor, Hayole, to Teeva as they state their willingness to help.

His voice squeaks, "Curious J'hera Zed has not been to Cato Neimoidia before and agrees to go. He must look after his friends."

J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 am

Admiral Varth nods at your agreement of the undertaking, "Very well. In exchange for your assistance, Captain Verana has authorized me to pay each of you a modest sum. Additionally, this may be a chance to discover what the Empire is planning with the Sarlacc Project—which could have big repercussions, if I am right."

"Captain Verana has chartered passage for you aboard the Banshee, the transport vessel captained by Sirona Okeefe. After helping you rescue me from my prison on Felucia, Captain Okeefe quickly found herself on retainer."

"Do you have any other questions?"

Party Status:

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Hayole » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 am

"Yes," nodded Hayole, "The Banshee has recently been seen in flying away from some Imperial entanglements. Do we know if there is any kind of BOLO for her and if so, what kinds of precautions have we taken to avoid detection?"

Hayole's instincts were right, but he was not happy about it. He was hoping the former Admiral had the information he needed to ease his fears.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Critias Nor » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:28 am

Crit considered for a moment, lips pursed faintly, gaze distant. Then he swung his eyes back to Varth.

“I have two questions. Is there any indication that the Inquisitorious might be involved with the Sarlacc project?”

He paused, cocking his head.

“And what of your status in the eyes of the Empire, sir? I ask because it may be relevant to this mission. Is there any indication if they think you died on Felucia, or are there warrants issued for your retrieval?’
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 am

Admiral Varth waves away Hayole's concerns, "Captain Okeefe has been away for a week and she did not report any issues with her ship's registration when she returned. It is my understanding that her ship was not identified over Felucia, just another Baudo-class space yacht. She has assured us that providing transportation to Cato Neimoidia will not be a problem."

Turning to Critias, he replies, "I have no knowledge of the Inquisitorius being involved with the project. That doesn't mean they are not, nor that they will not be in the future."

"As for my own status, we cannot tell for sure. There was no public news about Felucia, nor was there any news about me being imprisoned in the first place. The destruction of the prison and the walker have in all likelihood removed the only witnesses for the escape. If they believe me still alive, we have not heard. So no warrants are posted."

Party Status:

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Next

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]