TJS: The Traitor's Gambit Part 2 [IC]

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

Re: TJS: The Traitor's Gambit Part 2 [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:25 am

Aboard the Resurgence in the Zandrax SystemImage
Captain Verana shakes his head, "Sorry, I do not think I have anything you can trade."

"If you trust him to keep your secrets, then perhaps the information about Felucia would be worthwhile to him."

"Or maybe information about one Inquisitor Draco's existence. Or you could pay him with credits for the information you want."

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
J'hera Zed: 42/42 HP (Thd 14)(FP6); CT: 0; 
Hayole:     47/47 HP (Thd 18)(FP6); CT: 0;
Critias:    29/29 HP (Thd 14)(FP6); CT: 0;
Kalla:      46/46 HP (Thd 22)(FP6); CT: 0; 
Teeva:      47/47 HP (Thd 15)(FP6); CT: 0;

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
Kalla's Rage (8 rnds): 1/1
Teeva's Powers Avail: Battle Strike, Move Object; Surge; Force Blast
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Hayole » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 am

Hayole never met Switch, but he had heard the others' story about the droid. He seemed to be a slithery type... quite rare for a droid. He must have some specific modifications and programming.

"I would not be so fast to dismiss the Empire's ability to investigate. If they don't believe it was a bunch of Force-Users, they may still pin the destruction of an Imperial facility on Force-Users. Never assume the Empire will play fair," said Hayole as he finished the last of his bantha steak.

"As for what information we share with Switch," Hayole paused, "I really like the idea of putting Draco's name out there. It could potentially put a target on his back and a bounty on his head."
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:17 am

J'hera Zed just keeps working on his nuts and leaves the opinions about the Empire's investigation alone. If the Inquisitors go looking for Force users on Felucia and can find the native villages, then they will find Force users. To the tiny Jedi, outside of doing what they already are doing there is not much else they can do.

He does stop eating to look at Hayole when he endorses giving Switch the name of the Inquisitor, "J'hera Zed agrees. Switch can use that name as he wants and there might be a time where publicly informing people about an Inquisitor by name would be valuable. Particularly if the Inquisitor values secrecy and Switch has other means of locating the Inquisitor's movements."

HP: 42/42; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 21 (17ff) Fort: 14 Will: 16
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: Normal
FP: 6

Weapon in Hand: none
Grenades: 4 Stun, 3 Frag
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant
Force Powers Available (UtF +13): Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Critias Nor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 am

Crit nodded thoughtfully, pressing a napkin to his mouth.

“Those are very good ideas. Thank you, everyone. I shall contact him after our meal.”

He turned his attention back to the Captain.

“Well, Captain, we appreciate your feedback on the matter. Please rest assured we will not say anything that will compromise your security here, or that of our benefactor.”

Critias ate a few more bites of his meal.

“In the meantime, it seems we are somewhat at loose ends, Captain. By any chance, is there something that we might be able to help you with?” He paused and glanced toward the others. “Not to volunteer all of my companions prematurely, of course. But I think for now, we were thinking of sticking together.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Teeva » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Teeva slides her plate over to Kalla as the wookie indicated he would finish her helpings. The big wookie seemed to have a hallow leg when it came to food, and sometimes the near human wondering how the he didn’t explode from over eating.

Turning back to the conversation, the girl nods in agreement with the others. “Sounds good to me. Better than anything I can suggest."

“We can offer creds like the captain suggests as well, if there is any available once we’ve finished outfitting.”

With the meal now over the girl, Teeva seats back in her chair and continues to listen to the conversation.

“Is there anything else?”

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current HP: 25/39; Second Winds 3/3 remaining
Ref: 16 (12ff) Fort:14 Will: 15
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: normal
FP: 4

Current Weapon in Hand: lightsaber
Medpacs: 2

Special Combat Actions: block
Force Powers Available (UtF +6): Battlestrike, Move Object, Surge, Force Blast
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 am

Aboard the Resurgence in the Zandrax SystemImage
Captain Verana signals for caf to be served following the meal.

He replies to Critias, "Well, I appreciate that you are ready to help. As of right now, I have nothing specific for you to do. It will take some time to debrief Admiral Varth and it even could be several days."

"In the meantime, please relax and get some down time. You are welcome to take care of some personal business. We have set times where you can transmit messages securely. You can send them from your terminals in the staterooms and they will queue for transmission and encryption."

"You are welcome to barter with our quartermaster for equipment as well. Or you can ask Sirona to potentially pick something up for you."

He gives Captain Okeefe a knowing smile.

Captain Okeefe looks back at Captain Verana with a quizzical expression, "Oh, really? Sure, I don't mind helping our covert operations teams. But you still have yet to tell me why or where I am going for you, Captain."

"Don't worry, Sirona. It is a milk run and you will be paid. I will find you tomorrow once your ship is ready."

With the meal finished and the important business attended to, you spend the rest of the time in Captain's Mess with idle chitchat.

Party Status:

J'hera's Powers Avail: Force Slam, Move Object, Force Whirlwind, Force Blast, Levitate, Negate Energy, Force Grip, Telekinetic Savant
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Critias Nor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am

Crit turned back to Captain Verdana.

“Very well, thank you for your hospitality, Captain. It was a lovely meal.”

He lingered politely talking to the captain until he deemed it even more polite to leave. Then he rose, thanked the captain again, and retired to his room for the evening. Crit took advantage of the captain’s offer to encrypt a message and composed one to Switch.

“Hello, Switch. I hope this message finds you well and that you received my parcel earlier. I have some information you might find interesting regarding an Imperial Inquisitor named Draco and his activities. He has been hunting down Force-sensitive beings of all kinds.”

He paused, smiling into the holofeed.

“We were hoping we could work out a trade for information. I’m looking for anything you have directly regarding us on our last visit to the station.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Teeva » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:27 pm

With the meal and the import discussions finishes, Teeva attempts to relax as the conversations turned to idle chit chat. She eventually succeeds as she enjoys a glass of some the ship’s wine offered as an after dinner drink. It is pleasant to spend some time not having to worry about the events and situation of the galaxy.

After awhile, and with the conversation dying down, Teeva excuses herself from the table. She thanked the two captains and left the room. Wondering the ship for a bit, the force user stumbles across a small observation room, where she spends some time mediating before finding her way back to her assigned room. There is much to think about over the next few days…provisions and equipment to buy and sell and such.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current HP: 25/39; Second Winds 3/3 remaining
Ref: 16 (12ff) Fort:14 Will: 15
Damage Threshold: 14 Condition Track: normal
FP: 4

Current Weapon in Hand: lightsaber
Medpacs: 2

Special Combat Actions: block
Force Powers Available (UtF +6): Battlestrike, Move Object, Surge, Force Blast
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Hayole » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Hayole isn't much of a conversationalist, but he tried his best. He avoided drinking alcohol, preferring to stay with water.

He excused himself when Crit did and made his way to his room after grabbing his gear from the ship. He had planned on staying up a little bit to catch up on current events, but as soon as his head hit the pillow, he fell fast asleep.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Kalla » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Kalla also leaves when Critias and Hayole do, he gives the two captains a brief farewell, and Captain Verana a hearty thank you for the great dinner, maybe someone translates for him, but the manner is sufficient to pass the sentiment along.

Not being too tired himself the wookiee wanders the ships corridors and soon also finds the same observation lounge that Teeva had earlier. Not wanting to disturb her, in what looked like some meditation, the wookiee sticks close to the doorway and tries not to distract her. He loves the view of the stars though and just stares out into the field of space and starlight.

His mind wandered to the last few days of their lives and thought of all the things they had done, and seen. He was concerned that the Empire was doing the things it was, and afraid for their friends that were sensitive to the Force. They were powerful allies, that was to be sure, but they also could create serious problems for them as a whole. He may have to discuss this with Critias, so as to not alarm the others.

He also thought of what he might do with his bowcaster, it was a well made weapon, he had made it himself, but it wasn't his best mode of attack, he was very much enjoying the physicality of the vibroax and the havoc it created. He needed to work more on his caster to make it a more efficient and useful weapon.

He was lost in these thoughts when Teeva came out of her meditation, and finds the large wookiee standing, leaning against the door frame of the observation deck.
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby J'hera Zed » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:30 am

J'hera Zed bowed and gave appreciation for the meal with the captain. Without much gear he did not need to return to Captain Okeefe's ship and went to his provided stateroom straight away.

Since the small cabin was designed for two humans to share with bunk beds, he found the compartment very spacious for his needs. It also provided some semblance of exercise as he could leap about from the top bunk to the cabinets to the sink and then the bunks again. A little bit of liquid cable in a few places made for some additional acrobatic stunts as well. After a day, the stateroom was crisscrossed with cable secured by mesh tape that he borrowed from the maintenance techs.

In between leaping around his stateroom, the tiny sciurus relaxed watching the animated entertainment vids in the ship's library from his terminal. He spend hours watching the silly shows.

At one point during the R&R, he did look into spending his credits on a device that would help scramble the tracking for missiles and avoiding grenades. After the prison raid, that proved to be one of his main concerns when faced with imperial troopers. Also he brought the small blaster pistol he had acquired to the maintenance section to get some help in modifying the grips to make it easier to wield two handed as a rifle for his tiny paws. With a weapon sling, he could carry it around almost normally instead of using a bulky holster.

J'hera Zed was prepared for whatever mission came next, able to pose more as a scout and leave his lightsaber stashed away. With his modified weapon and new training, he was also more capable in a lightfight without needing to rely on his Force powers. After learning about an Inquisitor potentially trying to find him, he was planning to be much more cautious in the future about what he did when in public.
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:59 am

Aboard the Resurgence in the Zandrax SystemIt is a day later, but there is an encrypted reply from the infochant droid. The recorded vid transmission plays on the console in Critias's stateroom with a visage of the protocol droid speaking.

"Greetings, Critias Nor."

"The information is most helpful, anything further you have on that person's activities would be greatly appreciated. This pleases me that our agreement is already proving to be a worthwhile investment on my part."

"There was some inquiries and reprisals here at the station. Imperial Security had some more agents snooping around as well. But any holo vids that might have captured what happened on the promenade and in the docking bay have not been found. The ISB was most displeased to find the entire day's feeds missing from certain cameras. Pity, nothing could be done to recover them."

"Witness reports have been very confusing as well. Some even blaming a chevin by the name of Ganga Lor for the alleged violence that took place in the Docking Bay. Of course Ganga Lor was not available for comment and he has yet to be located."

"Though Imperial Security did learn that a
    Baudo-class space yacht was involved in a non-standard departure. They have not learned the name of the ship nor confirmed any connections with it to the events in the docking bay. Ganga Lor did not own a ship, but there was inquiries on the theory that he might have left the station aboard the space yacht. So far those inquiries have led nowhere."

"I protect my investment, so any further information you obtain please forward on."

Party Status:

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Critias Nor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Crit composed a brief message back to Switch.

“Thank you, my friend. Certainly, I shall.”

The next day, he called everyone into a meeting in his cabin. It felt slightly crowded in the room in spite of the fact it was a bunk meant for two. But with Teeva, Hayole, Kalla, and Crit inside, even J’hera Zed’s tiny presence somehow seemed to take as much room as an average humanoid.

Crit had had unpacked his duffel and hung his clothing in the closet, stowing away the majority of his gear as well. He had made his bed that morning and cleared away drink canisters and used meal trays. Only his desk area was messy, with many parts and tools of various sorts laid out on a stained cloth, with the beginnings of some project taking shape.

“Please excuse the mess,” Crit said, waving his flesh-and blood hand in the direction of the table. He wore a casual black shirt with sleeves that came down to mid-biceps, his black-metaled cybernetic arm gleaming.

He played back Switch’s message for everyone to watch.

“I thought you all would like to hear it from the source. We are quite fortunate to have such a friend on our side. It seems that we don’t have to worry about the Inquisitorious finding out about the incident on the station.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Hayole » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 am

"Agreed," mused Hayole, "I just hope Ganga Lor is up to the challenge."

Hayole couldn't help but put a negative spin on what Switch told the group. His tactical mind was very pleased with the turn of events. There shouldn't be a trace that would lead an investigation to the group, but Hayole has survived this long by being cautious mixed with a dash of paranoia. It was a recipe that wasn't comfortable, but good for you. Kind of like the vegetables that parents make their kids eat to keep them strong.

"Just remember that we need to make sure that his investment stays profitable."
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 am

J'hera Zed twitches his whiskers in curiosity at Critias Nor's assessment of his cabin. In comparison to his own, there was little amiss in the man's stateroom.

Trying out a possible code name, the tiny Jedi says, "Curious J'hera Zed is pleased as well. It is good that he does not need worry about those events."

"After some time, Critias Nor could tell Switch about Felucia and the peoples we met. The droid might find that interesting, though perhaps he should not mention the Felucian's abilities with the Force... Unless Critias Nor believes Switch can be trusted with such information."
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]