TJS: The Traitor’s Gambit [IC]

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

Re: TJS: The Traitor’s Gambit [IC]

Postby J'hera Zed » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:30 am

The Sciurus opens his eyes having rested briefly and begins to poke around in the cubbies and cabinets of the passenger lounge while Critias and Maya are discussing things. He sits on his haunches as Critias mentions there being unusual beings in the group.

Whiskers twitching, he squeaks, “J’hera Zed is very unusual to the point of unique. He wonders if he is too unique and not able to find a mate... someday.”

“If not, then he can spend his days traveling and evading the imperial agents. Should anyone ask, J’hera Zed is just a stuffed toy animal for a Wookiee.”
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Hayole » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 am

A broad smile comes across Hayoles face at the words from Critias, and as he considers his reply he is thrwn totally off track by J'hera Zed. He cant help but chuckle at the little being, even though it admitted it's loneliness in the galaxy. It seems a fairly jolly little being, with a bizarre sense of humor, and he is warming to it's company more and more.

Given the brief respite, he turns back to Critias, he returns the direct look and answers just loud enough for all to hear. "Indeed I am a man of honor my friend. I understand all too well the need for secrecy when trying to achieve a goal, and have had quite a bit of experience with rather, ah, sensitive cases such as this. As I realize you all don't know me very well either, I guess you simply have my word that I am dedicated to the same cause as your own and my discretion will be paramount."

He ends this with a brief smile and thinks Ahhhh it's an awkward question to ask, but I'm glad he did.... I really don't like there being doubts in such a small team....also shows he is quite a thinker this one, keeps the team in mind. I'm hungry.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Critias Nor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 am

Critias turned to J’hera Zed and smiled.

One thing that he had come to appreciate about the diminutive creature was that J’hera Zed always seemed to say exactly what was on his mind, with an impulsive sort of openness that was refreshing. Few beings would admit to loneliness the way the creature had. If the little fellow had sleeves, his heart would be there.

“My friend, the galaxy is a big place. But perhaps it is not as large as it might seem. Look, you have found Jacen, and you have found us. Perhaps it is your destiny to find a mate someday as well. After all, it is not random, is it? There is meaning behind these events.”

He knew something of the philosophies of the Jedi, and though he did not follow their religion, he did respect it, and could not deny that their lives seemed particularly charmed or cursed in a way that was significant.

Then Crit turned to Hayole, and studied the man for a moment, nodding. The man had the look and manner of a soldier, and Crit thought of him that way, whether he was one or not.

“I appreciate hearing it. I hope that we can work together in the future. You seem capable to me, and we could always use someone with a level head and a steady hand.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Kalla » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am

Kalla chuckles at the various comical comments and such being bandied about.. news of the Scurious' love life amuses but also saddens Kalla, his own mate is far away and he knows not when he will see her... he has never mentioned her to anyone..
He is glad that this new man is one of an honorable bent.. but he quickly reminds Critias.. in a joking manner.. that he can always just pull Hayole's arms off should the need arise.. he chuckles again looks directly at the man, and gives a wink to the newcomer.

The wookie is happy that the gathered people seem to be getting along, it would make this situation much more difficult if they had to fend for themselves once they reach Alderaan.. overall though.. Kalla is quite happy at this moment.. life seems good..
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Hayole » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 am

It seems that everyone is a little moved by the poor mating prospects of their smallest member. Hayole agrees with Critias' remarks and though he's unsure of Kallas' remarks, he assumes they are words of comfort towards J'hera Zed and gives the big wookie a nod and a smile.

Standing from his seat he says "Alright. If no one has any objections, I'm off to the galley for a quick bite. Hyperspace always makes me hungry."
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 am

The Sciurus looks at Critias, whiskers twitching while he listens to the man's encouragement.

He nods, “J’hera Zed may be able return to his far away home world again and solve mating problem too.”

“But, for now he can have some nuts and travel the galaxy. He will go look for some in the galley.”

Not really big enough to deal with stripping dead stormtroopers, he leaves that unpleasant task to the others as he scampers out of the lounge after Hayole.
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Teeva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:45 am

Teeva giggles at J'hera Zeds remarks. Both about finding a mate and traveling the galaxy. The light hearted creature seemed to always know when to to break the mood for the better. And it looked like the newcomer, Hayole was going to fit nicely into this cadre of people.

With the discussion of Alderaan apparently over, and her wounds treated, Teeva stands and stretches. Fetching her cloak from the couch she had been seating on, the young force prepares to head to the hold. "I'm going to search the stormtrooper bodies for anything useful. Can one of you give me a hand when it comes to moving the bodies?" she asks one of the males members still in the lounge.
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kalla » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:56 pm

When Teeva asks for assistance in the hold with the troopers Kalla expresses his intent to help her and stands and follows her there.. the Wookie wanted to make sure the bodies were jettisoned so no funny business comes of their remains. He is quiet during the search and disposal of the bodies.... he makes sure nothing useful is overlooked ..
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Tue May 01, 2012 6:21 am

There is only standard equipment on the bodies of the two stormtrooper recruits that you brought aboard the Banshee. Some extra power packs and medpacs are the more noteworthy. You also can recover some holsters for blaster carbines too.

It takes considerable time and effort to remove the stormtrooper armor and the body glove sheath that is underneath. In the end you have two complete sets of armor that is undamaged from your lightfight in the docking bay.

At Maya's suggestion, you realize that a productive way to pass the time during the voyage would be to rework the built in comlinks of the armor's helmet package to be useable for the new wearer's own purposes. There is an astromech droid on board that can also assist in such mechanics work.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Hayole » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 am

After gorging himself in the galley, Hayole is content to relax and observe the other members on the journey. He is pleased to see the 2 practically new sets of armor and is surprised at the efficiency of his teammates.

As Hayole still wants to find his place in the group, he flits about and makes sure he spends time with everyone on the journey. He doesn't really want to get in and work on the comm links as he isn't sure of the others skills and wants to see who can do what. He's really just happy to idle the time away and do any jobs that are asked of him. During his own time, he can be found in the weapons locker room disassembling and cleaning his pistols.

By the time the journey has finished he wants to feel a little more comfortable with the group and know each member a little more personally.
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Kalla » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Kalla will finish up with the troopers armor and set it aside for later use.. but he will take the helmets with him to work on the comms units.. (knowledge: Tech+8)
He works on one then the other and takes his time.. he is happy to have the Astromech for an assistant and will work contentedly with the squat droid throughout the process..

Having more time now he watches the newer members of their group more closely now that they have this down time.. it is easier to get to know people when they are at ease and relax.. the Wookie will even try to get to know the new man Hayole as well and try to get him to understand some of his words when he talks.. pointing out items when he makes a sound.. Hayole probably can't tell much of a difference between the sounds but might catch on as time goes by..

With the full service of a ship the wookie is thrilled and keeps himself busy as the short couple of days goes by. the big creature is really a spacer at heart and even works out in the cargo space with his new vibro ax.. getting to know how it feels and moves in his hands.. he always makes sure no one is around and rarely turns on the power so in case he is careless he doesn't do much damage..
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Critias Nor » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 am

Crit helped with the unpleasant task of stripping the bodies, scavenging their belongings, and then dumping the naked forms out the airlock. It was a grim business, one that he had actually seen before, though it had been the act of terrorists.

He supposed that was what they were in the eyes of the Empire now. Terrorists. It was sobering.

The two days in hyperspace went by as they always did, with fits of activity punctuated by boredom tinged with a small taint of claustrophobia. The ship was not overly large, nor overly luxurious, but Crit adapted easily enough, and tinkered with a few unused modules he found in the ship’s machine shop, making simple gearwork and circuit constructs. It gave him something to do when he was not checking on Teeva’s burns and Maya’s stitches. He applied fresh bacta to their injuries every twelve hours or so.

Among trusted allies, he did not bother to wear long sleeves and gloves, and instead went with his sleeves rolled up and forearms uncovered, the black metal of his cybernetic arm gleaming like the skeletal carapace of some giant insectoid species.

He wanted to get to know the others, so he suggested group activities from time to time, like a friendly game of sabacc in the lounge, and weapons cleaning and gear checking in the hold. In the hold, they could also do a bit of sparring if they wanted. He was particularly interested to see the Force-users with their lightsabers. He had grown up on stories of Jedi defending the galaxy, and it was quite the impressive sight.

Crit spoke to the others one-on-one as well, asking Hayole about his military experience and the Jedi about their training, or masters, or traditions. He knew from talking to Teeva before that she belonged to a different sect of Force users entirely, one that had been unfairly persecuted by the Jedi. He wanted to discuss that more with Teeva and as well. Kalla had a different background, and he was curious as to how a wookiee had gotten so far from home.

In turn, he told them about himself, even though some of them already knew that he was the scion of Nor Cybernetics and had a passion for working with technology and helping people. His company had become a leader in cybernetic advancements in the past few years.

Personally, he was good-natured and relaxed, inquisitive and interested in people, and was perceptive about their natures. He smiled often and easily.

When the two days had passed, he cleaned up the fresher, dressed in a fresh set of dark grey spacer pants and a casual white shirt and grey jacket, tugging on a pair of gloves to disguise his uniqueness. He tied his long blond hair behind his head in a very short tail.

“It’ll be good to breathe fresh air again,” he commented to the others as the pilot signaled that they would be coming out of hyperspace in a few minutes.
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am

J'hera Zed spent the first few hours exploring the ship and checking out every nook and cranny. Then, he discovered the holo-vid player for entertainment. Watching some animated cartoons and other slap-stick comedy vids keeps the curious Sciurus from being too bored during the relaxing times of the trip. He doesn't gamble much and sabacc is not the sort of game he use his skills to his advantage.

But the tiny being also spends productive time with Jacen, learning some techniques and mental exercises that the former Padawan learned from his Jedi master. With some privacy in the cargo hold, they practice. J’hera Zed finds himself getting significantly more skilled in his techniques and manipulation of the Force.

The practice lightsaber play with both Teeva and Jacen was useful as well, but it is not his strong suit. He prefers moving things around by manipulating the Force instead.

The tiny furred being several times, poked his whiskered snout into the machine shop and watched what the Wookiee and Critias were doing with the stormtrooper helmets packages. He even goes so far as to crawl inside one of the helmets and try it on. The bottom edge coming down to his waist.

During the social times of their gatherings at mealtimes, he shares some of the events in his past, the discovery by the Jedi Scout and their time on Kashyyk. He tells the tale of his master’s subsequent assassination and then his travels to Nar Shaddaa.
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Previous

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]