TJS: The Traitor’s Gambit [IC]

Image - Have nuts, will travel

Moderator: PMiller

Re: TJS: The Traitor’s Gambit [IC]

Postby Jacen Onyx » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:56 am

Jacen helps Maya aft if she needs it, “Very well. Let me help you, ma'am.” The former Padawan follows the others an takes a seat.

spoiler: show
HP: 27/31; Second Winds 3/3 remaining
Ref: 13 (12ff) Fort: 13 Will: 14
Damage Threshold: 13 Condition Track:
FP: 5

Weapon in Hand: None
Medpacs: 1

Special Combat Actions: Deflect
Force Powers Available (UtF +7): Farseeing(1), Force Grip(0), Move Object(0), Force Slam(1), Mind Trick(1), Surge(1)
Jacen Onyx

NPC'd right now
Jacen Onyx
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby J'hera Zed » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 am

J’hera Zed leaves the pilfered items be fore now, curious on what might be available on board the yacht. He scampers back to the passenger lounge and twitches his whiskers at the compartment's appliances and amenities.

Hopping from a chair and up onto the table, he sits on his haunches as the others get settled around the table. Looking at the other crewmember, the Sciurus asks, "J’hera Zed greets the man and is curious to his name. He also wonder where we are going."

The little furred being with big eyes waits patiently, whiskers occasionally twitching with fidgety curiosity.

HP: 30/30; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 18 (14ff) Fort: 12 Will: 14 (-2 Ref form Charge)
Damage Threshold: 12 Condition Track:

Weapon in Hand: none
Grenades: 1 Stun
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant(1)
Force Powers Available (UtF +7): Force Slam(0), Move Object(0), Force Whirlwind(1)
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Critias Nor » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm

“Critias Nor,” Crit said, accepting the medpac from Teeva. He took a moment to sterilize both his hands and arms before working opening the medpac and inspecting Teeva’s wound.

He paused at his work, flashing a brief smile at the able-looking crewman who had greeted them on the ramp.

“And this is Kallannakazza. He goes by ‘Kalla.’”

Crit gestured at the wookiee, in case the man did not understand Shyriiwook.

“I assume you’re an associate of Maya’s? Thanks again for the extraction. Things were about to get ugly back there.”

He turned his full attention back to Teeva’s burn wound.

“All right, hold still,” he told her, then began to work on her injury, applying an antiseptic, then a soothing, cool compress of bacta.

Take 10 on a +6 Treat Injury check with a DC of 15 with a +2 Equipment bonus for a total of 18. Teeva gains back 2 (character level) + 3 (bonus for beating DC) = 5 HP.
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Hayole » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 am

Hayole nods to everyone in turn as they make their introductions. Even though he's fairly used to meeting new people and merging into existing teams, he is still a little anxious. Realizing this he thinks it may be a little while yet until he figures out his place in the group and becomes totally comfortable.

He smiles at the young man performing first aid, and the young lady with the injuries, telling her "No problems at all, I was rather keen to get us on our way myself." Turning to the wookie he smiles politely, unable to return a greeting in it's language. Though he'd never worked with a wookie before, he knew of their reputation and was rather excited at the prospect of seeing this one kick someones ass. The other young man seems rather quiet, though Hayole made a note to speak to him later if he had the chance. Lastly he eyed the curious hooded animal on the table, unsure of how to act. Seeing as how it's so readily accepted, even respected by the others, he is quite happy to just see how things go. "Nice to meet you J'hera." he says, unsure of any titles or honorifics it holds.

At Critias thanks for the extraction he replies "Ha, I can assure you I had very little to do with the planning of this one sorry. I was just along for the ride really and it turns out I'm pretty handy at opening cargo doors."

As they finish their introductions, he replies to them all as a group "Well indeed, its a pleasure to meet you all, the name's Hayole. As I am sure you know, I too have done some recent work with Maya here, and she mentioned that she knew some people I would probably fit in rather well with. From all appearances, that would be you lot. Seems you all did quite a number on those troopers back there, cant wait to see you all in action. Pausing for a moment he says to Critias "Sorry to interrupt but before I forget, can you please tell your wookie friend here that I don't speak a word of Shyriiwook so we may need a translator or such now and then."

Watching Critias confidently, and competently, apply first aid to Teeva, he asks Maya "Well,where are we hauling this ice-block?"
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Teeva » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Teeva let's out a low hiss as Critias sterilizes the burn. The pain is immediately soothed by the bacta compress, turning the wound into a dull ache as the medicine begins to it's work. The young woman smiles thankfully at Crit, as the blond hair man finishes up bandaging the wound, and cleaning up. Smoothing the ruined tights around the wound, Teeva sighs again at the ruined piece of clothing.

Teeva looks at the newcomer, Hayole, and quirks a smile, "Kalla understands basic. And he's pretty vocal, so I'm sure you'll get the gist of things without knowing Shryiiwook. If not, well, enough of us knows the language to interpret."

Glancing back at Maya, the young force user reiterates the question of ships destination, "Well, seeing as how we breezed through the station without a stopping for any sightseeing, I agree. Where are we headed and what is the plan? Do we thaw out Mr. Carbonite?"
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby J'hera Zed » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:29 am

At the acknowledgement of his greeting, his whiskers twitch in annoyance. He squeaks with a slightly scolding tone, "J’hera Zed." He hops off the table and finds a seat. The height is not built for him and he can hardly see above the table end when standing. BUt he settles to his haunches and his eyes close.

The little furred being rests for a few minutes to recover from the last fight..

HP: 30/30; Second Winds 2/2 remaining
Ref: 18 (14ff) Fort: 12 Will: 14 (-2 Ref form Charge)
Damage Threshold: 12 Condition Track:

Weapon in Hand: none
Grenades: 1 Stun
Energy Balls: 5

Special Combat Actions: Telekinetic Savant(1)
Force Powers Available (UtF +7): Force Slam(1), Move Object(1), Force Whirlwind(1)
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Kalla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:25 pm

between the new comer and the Scurious Kalla can't help but chuckle.. J'hera Zed for his adamant nature to pronounce his whole name and the new guy for his total misunderstanding that Kalla himself can understand basic.. he was appreciative that Teeva cleared it up.. but it is the way of humans to doubt the intelligence of the Wookie..

At this point though he makes an offer to Maya.. looking directly at her he shoots off some short barks and growly noises.. relaying his thoughts that if the Captain of this vessel needed assistance in the cockpit he was more than happy to assist her as he is an accomplished pilot.. he is sure she is quite capable but wanted to make it known he was available..

after that he settles in for the conversation and waits to see what the final destination of their strange cargo..
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Critias Nor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

“I understand we’re headed for Alderaan, correct?”

Crit looked at Maya for confirmation.

“I suppose the matter of whether we should release your associate from the carbonite depends on if our destination is secure or not. If there is considerable risk, we should unfreeze him mid-flight. However, if the destination is secure, we should wait to unfreeze him at a medical facility with trained personnel.”

He glanced around at the others.

“There is another matter. We had not originally planned to travel to quite such a populous planet. We’re trying to maintain a low profile for reasons I am sure you can understand. After we conclude our business together, could we perhaps arrange for transport off Alderaan through your people? I am not sure where we will go after this.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Maya » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 am

With only a slight wince of pain, Maya sits down at the table slowly and deliberately. Once settled, the ship lurches and everyone feels the jump into hyperspace.

"Yes, we are en route Alderaan. When we arrive, we will be landing at my benefactor's private docking area, so everything will be fine. We are away clean, for now."

"We should have plenty of time to rest and recover during the trip. Now that we are in hyperspace, the Captain will be fine. She has an astromech droid to help her."

"As for the package in carbonite, we leave it alone. We are not sure what status the being inside might be in if we were to just let him out. We should wait until we arrive and let the medical staff deal with it."
NPC in Tales of a Jedi Squirrel
Maya
NPC

Postby Teeva » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Teeva felt sorry for Kalla as Maya informed him the Captain has the yacht well in hand. It must be frustrating for the wookie to not be able to put his skills to use. The girl offers some words of comfort, saying maybe in the future, the group would have their own ship.

Teeva continues to seat in her chair as Maya answers the groups questions. She wasn't sure what to make of heading to Alderaan either. Like Crit, it seemed counter for them to be heading to such a populated planet to begin with. Perhaps it will through the trail off for any would be pursuers...at least those that might have been pursuing before the events on the station. No telling if the imperials would start....buy Maya has proven trustworthy so far.

Looking back at Crit and the others, Teeva wonders if they should bring up Master Switches errand. Maya or her associates might be able to help in that matter. But then, she shakes her head and thinks better of it. They should be able to handle that on their own without involving Maya or her people.

But the security agent only answered for the short term, once the yacht made it to Alderaan. But that was a discussion that could be carried out later in the trip. "So it's just rest and relaxation once we get to Alderaan, then? I could probably use the time for some self-training." Teeva states.
Teeva, Jensaarai Force User
Teeva
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Hayole » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:42 am

Hayole blushes lightly at the rebuke from J'hera Zed and then a few shades deeper at the mention that the wookie understands all he has said. He gives both J'here Zed and Kalla an embarrassed look and turns to listen to Maya.

As he does he notices her wince a little as she sits down and is glad to see she is up and about, mending nicely. She has always been kind and upfront to Hayole in all of their previous dealings and he has no reason to doubt anything that she has said. He is quite confident that Maya's organizational skills are unmatched and that any 'benefactor' of hers will be equally trustworthy.

As Teeva responds, he listens and replies "Looks like that's the plan Teeva."

Stretching out in his seat a little, he continues "At the end of the day I'd prefer a more little excitement in my life, but a bit of a rest wont do me any harm hey."
Hayole
Legend
Legend

Postby Critias Nor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:30 am

Crit disposed of the used supplies in a trash receptacle, then washed his hands again. He scavenged the unused parts of the medpac and slipped the bits and pieces into his own kit, for use later.

“We can have a bit of rest when we get there, but we’ll need to conclude our business and make travel arrangements. We should probably head elsewhere as soon as possible. The last thing we want is for our notoriety to cause trouble for your employer, Maya, if we are tracked to Alderaan. We are given to understand that our actions were recorded on the station. Our likenesses will be circulating amongst the authorities.”

His gaze grew more somber, and his gaze ran over the assembled group.

“Jacen, J’hera Zed, do you have plans after this?”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby Maya » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:50 am

Before Jacen or J'hera Zed can answer, Maya shrugs and interrupts to address Critias's concerns, "How bad do you think it is Critias? There was no general alarm from the incident in the Promenade. Did you leave any witnesses in the Docking Bay?"

"In any case, we departed before any further alarm was registered with Sel Zonn traffic control. Not that Captain Okeefe would have listened. We should be fine and I am sure my employer will deal with fallout."

Looking over at Teeva, she continues, "We have a few days until we arrive to rest and do what you need to do before arrival. I am sure my benefactor will wish to meet you and offer his thanks for aiding his cause. Since you proved to be resourceful and capable, I am sure that he can find more work for you if that is what you desire. If not, he can arrange safe passage off world again as well." Maya glances at the other two known Force users in turn, realizing that they might not feel comfortable staying on Alderaan.
NPC in Tales of a Jedi Squirrel
Maya
NPC

Postby Jacen Onyx » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 am

Jacen is thoughtful and glances to the tiny furred being before answering Critias after hearing what else Maya had said, “I know not what the future might hold. Nor can I speak for J'hera Zed."

"I accept life on the run is already in our future, but perhaps meeting this benefactor of Maya's will reveal an alternative course of action than just continuing to run through the trading routes. Alderaan could actually be quite safe for the moment, if we are secluded or sequestered.”
Jacen Onyx

NPC'd right now
Jacen Onyx
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Critias Nor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Crit nodded at Maya.

“You are right, of course. There’s no need to decide anything right away. Once we arrive we can assess the situation and decide what to do. I believe our descriptions circulated the station, but perhaps they did not get good holostills. We did have a run in with one Imperial agent, but we might have sufficiently intimidated him into keeping quiet.”

He turned to the man who had introduced himself as Hayole. He read the fellow as a professional, the sort of seasoned vet who kept to his own business, but he also knew that such men’s loyalties were usually rock solid, though for only as long as they were employed by that particular person.

Crit met Hayole’s gaze with a direct look.

“Hayole, I’m sure you couldn’t help but notice that some of our group are somewhat…unusual…in a very specific way. I’m sure you’re not unaware when it comes to galactic events. We would appreciate your discretion regarding our descriptions and our whereabouts. I realize you don’t know us, but I can only appeal to your sense of honor when I ask you to keep our confidences. We do not want any information about us to get back to the Imperials.”
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]