:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: SW: DoD's Out of Character Discussion

Postby Tabar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 pm

here's a site I used to frequent.. they have ships and deck plans if this is of any interest to you.. it has been dormant for awhile but there was some great talent here at one time..

http://swdesignalliance.com/gallery/

might be useful..there are tons of ships in the forum section.. many were simply works in progress.. but some gtray ideas and official ships from the movies and books..
Shadis Tabar... just a man looking for his fortune...
can't blame a man for tryin...
Tabar
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 am

Thanks.

I added an example spoiler block for combat posts after the House Rules. This has become pretty much mandatory during combat.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 am

I found the opening crawl from another board. Enjoy.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Critias Nor » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:23 am

Critias Nor, former prisoner, scout, assassin, trained to take bodies apart, and also how to put them back together.

Trained skills: Endurance, Initiative, Knowledge: Life Sciences, Perception, Pilot, Stealth, Survival, Treat Injury. PB and Precise Shot. Evasion.

Worked as a assassin before he was betrayed by his partner and imprisoned. Spent several years there and only very recently got out. I was originally thinking he would have been an assassin for the Empire, but I'm sure there were shadowy things going on in the Republic long before it became the Empire. The creation of the Grand Army of the Republic in 22BBY would have opened the gates for a lot of things.

So let's see:

The current year is 19 BBY, right, just six months after the end of Revenge of the Sith. In our recent history, the Clone Wars have been raging, but they recently ended with the formation of the Galactic Empire and the ascension of Chancellor Palpatine to Emperor Palpatine.

Here is a question - do we know each other previously? Maybe we can tie some of our backgrounds together. Tabar, do you want to have met my character in prison? If so, I think that's the third time on this site our characters would have done that. LOL
Last edited by Critias Nor on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Critias Nor
Legend
Legend

Postby J'hera Zed » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:34 am

I am still working my sheet. I did finally settle the racial traits with OWJ and Sirine sanity checking them.

I have not settled on a background, but with the Clone Wars finished, I can see 2-3 Jedi potentially together in their hiding. J'hera Zed would do well to know somebody beforehand.
Have nuts will travel the Galaxy
J'hera Zed - Sciurus Jedi
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby J'hera Zed » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 am

Okay, I finished up most of it.

Skills: Acrobatics, Knowledge Galactic Lore, Perception, Use the Force

Background: Criminal (+2 Stealth, Deception, Gather Info) - Stealth added to skill list (But it is already at +21 untrained :shock: )

Force Powers: Move Object, Force Slam, Force Whirlwind
Talent: Telekinetic Savant
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Tabar » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am

Ha ha.. too true Critias.. maybe this time it will last and work out.. possibly Tabar helped you in an assassination .. jacked a ship to get there.. and have it ready for evac and evade.. then as we both languished in a cell found out the other was at the same vacation spot.. used out wit and skill to escape possibly.. all kinds of possibilities I think.. I have a excel spreadsheet that works up a complete character for SAGA.. I'll start dropping some ideas in it today.. I am currently unemployed so I have a couple days off and then some serious job hunting to do.. so I may have some time to work on all this stuff.. lol.. I may drag out my other Star Wars login.. Bor Omas.. for this one.. not sure just yet.. but either way will still have the same background and such..
Shadis Tabar... just a man looking for his fortune...
can't blame a man for tryin...
Tabar
Hero
Hero

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:35 am

The party is shaping up nicely!

I think it would make sense that J'hera would know my character before the game starts up. I still don't know if Herzog finished a concept for his character yet, but maybe the 3 of us know each other.

I'm gonna narrow down a name and avatar for my next post!
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Jacen Onyx » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Jacen Onyx, Order 66 survivor & masterless Padawan.

Trained Skills: athletics, deception, perception, persuasion, use the force

Talent: deflect

Chosen Feats: Force Training x2

Force Powers: farseeing, force grip, force slam, mind trick, move object, surge

Background: planet of origin - Bespin (deception & persuasion are class skills and Jacen knows how to speak bocce)

I was in the middle of updating my myth-weaver character sheet when my power went out, so I jumped on my trusty iPhone to write up this post. I will finish my sheet as soon as I can!
Jacen Onyx

NPC'd right now
Jacen Onyx
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, i've spending all afternoon working on it, and maybe have narrowed it down somewhat.

So far I've got two builds I'm looking at that have bubbled up.

Both are Jedi to Melee Duelist and are dex builds. Only difference is one is dual wielding and the other is single weapon. I kinda like the dual wielding, but it's feat heavy, and I give up Skill Focus (use the force) until late (level 12).

So playing out this build, Skills so far are: Acrobatics, Use the Force (from feat) , Perception, <skill from background>, A needed knowledge skill (human bonus)
Background would be orphaned I'm thinking with either the choice of survival, gather info, or treat injury. Plus an additional 1d6 when using an FP on untrained skill checks.

I can swap out some skills to more rounded with the party. Also, tempted to go near human, dropping the human bonus skill for darkvision. What do you all think?

Feats at 1st level: Force training, weapon finesse
Talent 1st level: Force Focus
Force powers: Battlestrike, Cloak, Force Slam

Not sure what powers would be useful, so up for suggestions. Also, are lightsaber form powers out of Jedi Academy allowed?

Sheet so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324314
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:19 pm

BTW, I added Galaxy at War to the Sourcebook list.

While Jedi Forms appear to come out later in the timelines, I was planning to allow them. They are easy to explain when Jedi are self taught for everything already.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby J'hera Zed » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm

I have been having a hard time with the Backgrounds to pick something that fits properly. What is missing on the events choices are the Order66 survivors, I think. I saw the other Jedi talking Orphaned or a planet of origin, but I would like some help modifying a Background Event and perhaps that would be better for all three, dunno. Something between Orphaned, Exiled, and Imprisoned maybe.

If we cannot come up with something, then I might need to make an Occupation: Explorer for J'hera Zed, Criminal is just not right but then whole occupation background really doesn't fit necessarily either.
J'hera Zed
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Jacen Onyx » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:06 pm

As far as powers go, I highly recommend Move Object. It's so adaptable, and with a little imagination, can be helpful in so many situations. Battle Strike is good. Jacen has Farseeing covered. Negate Energy can be helpful when you're getting peppered with blaster fire and need some health.

I would love to customize a background! I can do that either late tonight or tomorrow!!
Jacen Onyx

NPC'd right now
Jacen Onyx
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks, same for the non-Jedi. If you want to tweak the backgrounds for events or occupations to be more appropriate, let me know. Though Imprisoned appears to work for you. :)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Next

Return to Tales of a Squirrel Jedi [SWSE]