WS Grp B: OOC Thread

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp B: OOC Thread

Postby spiritmarked » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:58 pm

On the wand question, I saw in the post from PMiller ...

"Realistically, you can do this split up, I think.
Round 1 Move Action draws the wand
Standard Action begins the casting trigger
Round two costs a Move Action to complete, then Viktor can target it based on the new enemy locations."

That makes it sound like 2 rounds to complete. However, I did note that drawing a weapon can be done as part of a move action (with +1 BAB, which I think we'd hold as a gimmie for a mage and a wand) which would mean the drawing portion is essentially free. That would leave a full round for the spell. This is where I get my gaming systems conflated sometimes. In other systems I play a full round type action would take effect either at the end of the round or the beginning of the next. So if the above post implies Viktor can draw and activate the wand with the effects taking place at the beginning of the next round (which is essentially the end of the current) then that works. But the above seems to state the full monty takes 2 move actions and a standard action over 2 rounds to complete. I'd be more inclined to go with drawing as part of a move action and completing it during the character's portion of the round.

I have edited to reflect this. But it does bring up the question I've never really considered before, and that is whether the sleep causes one to fall to the ground as if unconscious or if it's more of a standing slumber. Any thoughts here? It might not matter in the end but it takes a move action to stand so at some point it might have an impact. Thanks.
spiritmarked
Hero
Hero

Postby Sierra » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Umm, you are premature in your update, SM.

Viktor's targeting from Round 1 is not valid, he has to take his round 2 Move action to complete the spell and THEN decide where it will be unleashed. I would assume all four would be targeted. ;)

Point being, any 1 Round Casting spell is always released the round after. Same with Summon spells.
Aasimar Paladin: Sierra
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby spiritmarked » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 am

Hm. Thanks for the catch. I did some reading and right-O ... Sleeping requires a FULL ROUND for casting so it takes the whole round. Post edited (again) ... thanks.
spiritmarked
Hero
Hero

Postby spiritmarked » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Unless I'm overlooking something it's the PC's initiative to go in round 2. Viktor can assign his target area with results to be applied before NPC's act.
spiritmarked
Hero
Hero

Postby Sierra » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 am

Yes, we are waiting on Viktor right now. I will bump him, since he was busy lately.
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Frakas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:04 am

Frakas is going to delay to wait and see who falls asleep.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sierra » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:39 am

Me too.
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Sierra » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 pm

spiritmarked wrote:But it does bring up the question I've never really considered before, and that is whether the sleep causes one to fall to the ground as if unconscious or if it's more of a standing slumber. Any thoughts here? It might not matter in the end but it takes a move action to stand so at some point it might have an impact. Thanks.

Sorry, I thought I had answered this.

In all my time playing D&D, creatures that fail saves on Sleep and Slumber fall prone. Never even considered it any other way, figured it was a no brainer. (It is Hold Person/Monster spells where your victim remains standing in place.)

The real debate on Sleep would be whether they retain their weapon in hand. When people are knocked unconscious from going below 0 HP, there is no hard fast rule for them losing weapons, either. So both cases it appears to be a DM call. But if you get stunned, you drop your weapon...

I make people roll a CON or STR check (player choice) against DC15 to retain weapon in hand. Every action can be important when you wake up prone, so it seems fair to have a chance for something good to come out of it when you get woken up mid-combat. ;)
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby spiritmarked » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey all. I apologize for the inconvenience but due to personal reasons I need to step away from gaming at this point. I apologize ... the grand finale was right around the corner. You guys have been a blast. I have really enjoyed my time here and perhaps one day will be in a place to return, but for now ... well, I think you understand. Thank you for the fun and fellowship. Blessings.
spiritmarked
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:43 am

Okay, I think this will end the game. I cannot take on another DMing project, but I think everyone is not terribly into their characters either.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby mfloyd3 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 am

Spiritmarked --

Thanks for running the game. Sorry to see the game end, but I understand about RL conflicts. Hope to see you back at it sometime!

All the best,
M
mfloyd3

Postby Frakas » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks for all the hard work Spiritmarked!

Well crap I liked my little Gnome :shock:
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Previous

Return to Group B Threads - DM: Spiritmarked