WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:27 pm

The ghastly sudden dismemberment of Katya left the dark-haried newcomer in shock. Summoning her fortitude, Zeldana moved in, next to Kriger, and began to utter a magic. In short order, two arrows of pure magical force leapt forth from her outstretched hand and slammed into the axe-wielding monster.


combat stuff | Show
Move: Move to Q-22. Std: Cast Magic Missile for 7 damage.
Roll = http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11838428

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Spells slots used: 1x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:13 am

~ Day 16, 13:31 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Image
With the loss of her mistress the cougar raced through the door to leap on the foe that did it, foolishly seeking revenge. Caught by surprise, the minotaur failed to impale the falling cougar with its horns. Unfortunately the little teeth Kitty had could not penetrate the tough hide and she was swatted off. The huge great axe came down with a sickening sound that ended the hissing growling of the cougar. There was bellow of victory from the pit, using words none could understand.

Image
The garrison leader was apparently content to stay where he was and gestured with his hand. "CRACK!" went a lightning bolt that shot from his hand and flashed into the trio clumped together by the far wall of the barracks. Strat, Kriger and Zeldana all suffered scorching from the electricity and the stench of burnt hair permeated the room.

He called to out the door, "You shouldn't come here. You pay wit yur lives."


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 2
Minotaur has 10ft reach
Kitty leaped onto Minotaur, got missed by AoO, missed with bite
Minotaur did 17 damage to Kitty
Koth lightning bolt to hit Zeldana, Strat, and Kriger: 21 Dmg (10 for half with Ref 14 Save)

Initiative:
Koth and Minotaur
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      33/46 HP remaining; 10 or 21 dmg
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        24/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining; 10 or 21 dmg
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       36/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining; 10 or 21 dmg

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Minotaur  [AC18/Touch AC9 /CMD 21] 29/50hp; Probable Cover, in pit
Koth      [AC22/Touch AC12/CMD 20] 65/65hp; Probable Cover


Everyone is up for Round 2
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 am

Garm allowed himself a brief vengeful chuckle as the minotaur suddenly disappeared from view down the magical pit, then sighed in dismay when the puma leapt in after it. The sounds coming from the pit left no doubt about the outcome of that unequal confrontation. Then the bugbear mage - for evidently this one was capable of powerful magic - suddenly let fly a powerful bolt of electricity, reaching all the way across the room. Garm's attention was briefly distracted by the injuries sustained by his friends, then he refocused onto the bugbear. He suddenly had an idea to make its life more difficult.

"Right then, you bugger,", he growled, "Let's see how you deal with this then!" He then called out a second prayer to Torag beseeching his god to send aid to his servant in need, in the form of one of His close allies the Undrothir, or "Beings of Living Earth". They normally kept themselves out of Dwarvish affairs, but Garm had encountered some of them before in his wanderings through the wild caves and hoped he could convince one to assist them. He anxiously peered out among the wrecked furniture to see whether his spell would work.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action : Take 5ft step to T22.
Standard Action: Cast Summon Monster 2 on Y18, causing a Small Earth elemental to appear. The next round, this elemental will then attempt to perform a Bull Rush combat manoeuver pushing the bugbear 5ft backwards: 16 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11842773#post11842773, but note I failed to consider the -1 penalty for size difference in my original roll of 17)
As the elemental possesses the Improved Bull Rush feat, this does not result in an AoO.
Note that this is presumably Round 2 of 5 for the purposes of maintaining the magical pit, and Round 1 of 4 for maintaining the summoning spell (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)


Extra text for next round post, temporarily pasted in here: "Behind the bugbear, the flagstones on the floor of the tower suddenly split and broke apart with a grinding crack as a hulking mass of moving rock and earth suddenly emerged from the keep's foundations. The creature was about 4 ft tall and resembled a large lumpy boulder possessing at least three or four limbs, but it was difficult to discern its anatomy clearly. Garm's eyes widened at the success of his spell, then called out to the creature in Terran: "O Undroth, if you are willing to help us, please push the mage in front of you down the hole, but be careful!"

At Garm's words, the moving rock creature suddenly accelerated and plowed into the back of the bugbear, attempting to push it down the magical pit on top of the minotaur."
Speak to the Earth Elemental in Terran


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 24/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Warhammer
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 pm

With the minotaur dropped out of sight, Zeldana gets a good look at the remaining enemy, some sort of spellcasting monster. As he starts to cast his spell, she follows his gestures and then her eyes grow wide. It seemed she might have tried to say something, but when lightning arced from his extended hand, any words she might have had came out as little more than a yelp of pain as magical energies course through her body, leaving charred skin and frazzled hair.

Reconnecting her eyes to the beast that threw the lightning, the scholar chanted a short while and cracked off two more magical bolts, this time they fly perfectly to the bugbear. After they impacted, she lowered her hand and hobbled ten feet away, pain wracking each step.

combat stuff | Show
Saving Throw = 11, Miss, take 21 damage.
Std: Cast Magic Missile on Koth for 8 damage. Move: Move to Q-20.
Move: Move to Q-22. Std: Cast Magic Missile for 7 damage.
Rolls = http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11851093

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 12/33, Speed 30'
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Spells slots used: 2x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:27 am

Kriger screamed in pain as he took the full brunt of the lightening bolt. The air smelled of burn flesh as the electricity wracked the rangers body and found an exit. The blond haired man was surprised he was still standing, even though mere seconds had passed.

"Spread out a bit, " he hissed in pain to the others. But he saw that some of them were already complying on their own accord.

For his part, Kriger stepped forward. THey needed to drop the bugbear spell slinger fast. The ranger also heard Garm's chanting.

Letting loose two arrows in rapid succession, Kriger was reward with misses. His aim was still off from the electric charge he just took. The ranger began to think of the healing potions in his belt.

actions | Show
Reflex Save: (8), failed
Free Action:
Move Action: 5ft step to
Standard Action: full round action, rapid shot at Koth: both miss


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 12/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Gaius had ducked behind the doorjamb as a blasted lightning bolt cracked through the air right by him, standing all the hair on his body on end. Encased in steel plated armor, that had been rather disconcerting. “Cor! Look out for that!”

He drew another chakram and chucked it at the bugbear mage. The spinning weapon wobbled and missed wide. “Blast! I am no good with these things and I cannot reach the bastard either!”

It did not help to see both Strat and Kriger unable to hit with arrows either.


Actions | Show
Draw and Throw Chakram, missed with a 12.
Roll

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Strat saw a flash of light and twisted his body instinctively. A mere second later, hot sizzling pain ripped through him, making his body convulse. Another second, and it was all over, leaving him woozy.

“Ouch, man. That was brutal.”

His companions had taken the brunt of the damage. He’d heard them cry out, and they looked singed and definitely in pain, worse off than he was. He glanced toward Garm, who looked busy at the moment with his spells. Strat figured he could be more use healing his comrades instead of uselessly firing off arrows, only to see them miss.

He moved directly behind Kriger.

“Healing incoming,” he told the ranger. He slapped Kriger’s back and hit him with a healing spell. Green light pulsed from his hand and sealed up Kriger’s wounds. “I’ll get you next, Zeldana.”

spoiler: show
5’ step to R22.
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: hit Kriger with a cure moderate – (healed for 13 hp)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11862892

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 34 Current: 24
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:04 am

~ Day 16, 13:31 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Image
Without more opponents coming to him, the minotaur tried to climb out of the pit. He roared in frustration as he could not make any headway. If the cougar was still alive in that pit, Kitty was likely trampled to death by the raging bull.

Image
The bugbear mage stood his ground and almost sneered as the two pin-pricks of magical light zoomed at him only to dissipate about a foot before reaching him. Zeldana's spell did him no harm.

The mage recognized the spell that Garm was casting and replied, "Oh no ya don't!" He pointed the wand in his hand at the dwarf and triggered the spell stored within. His own magical missiles darted out to strike Garm, making his hold on the spell difficult.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 3
Minotaur has 10ft reach
Pit Rounds Remaining 3r, Minotaur failed climb check
Koth passed Spellcraft check, send 3 magic missiles at Garm, 8 dmg total (Concentration DC20 to keep it)

Initiative:
Koth and Minotaur
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      25/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        16/32 HP remaining; 8dmg
Strat:       24/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       36/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     12/33 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Minotaur  [AC18/Touch AC9 /CMD 21] 29/50hp; Probable Cover, in pit
Koth      [AC22/Touch AC12/CMD 20] 65/65hp; Probable Cover


Everyone is up for Round 3
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:33 am

Garm briefly staggered and cursed as the bullets of magical energy slammed into him, causing him to see stars. His concentration wavered for a moment as the severity of his injuries registered somewhere at the back of his mind, but he managed to maintain the spell. Staring straight at the bugbear mage, he grunted: "Oh... yes...I ...do!" before finally releasing the accumulated magical energy that would form a gateway to the Elemental Plane of Earth and hopefully allow help to arrive from the other side.

Behind the bugbear, the flagstones on the floor of the tower suddenly split and broke apart with a grinding crack as a hulking mass of moving rock and earth suddenly emerged from the keep's foundations. The creature was about 4 ft tall and resembled a large lumpy boulder possessing at least three or four limbs, but it was difficult to discern its anatomy clearly. Garm's eyes widened at the success of his spell, then called out to the creature in Terran: "O Undroth, if you are willing to help us, please push the mage in front of you down the hole, but be careful! If that doesn't work, pummel him with your fists!"

At Garm's words, the moving rock creature suddenly accelerated and plowed into the back of the bugbear, attempting to push it down the magical pit on top of the minotaur. Garm himself took the opportunity to retrieve and reload his heavy crossbow, training it on the bugbear mage.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action: Concentration check to maintain hold on Summon Monster spell: 28 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11866862#post11866862). Complete casting Summon Monster 2 on Y18, causing a Small Earth elemental to appear. This elemental will then attempt to perform a Bull Rush combat manoeuver pushing the bugbear 5ft backwards: 16 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11842773#post11842773, but note I failed to consider the -1 penalty for size difference in my original roll of 17)
As the elemental possesses the Improved Bull Rush feat, this does not result in an AoO.
Swift Action: Speak to the Earth Elemental in Terran.
Move Action : Retrieve and reload crossbow.
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 16/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
Last edited by Garm on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:01 pm

"Oh! Oh...." Her own spell having dissipated right before the bugbear magician, and watching him respond with his own magic missiles, Zeldana considers a moment. Giving Strat a quick nod, she quietly stepped to the side and casts yet again. Despite the pain and even the lingering wispy smoke rising from her cloak, she worked the magic with practiced ease. Even though there is no obvious effect, she didn't seem disappointed.

combat stuff | Show
Step to R-19. This should completely block LOS to enemy caster. Standard action: cast shield.

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 12/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions Shield (40r)
Spells slots used: 3x1st
User avatar
Aura
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:11 am

"Thanks, man!" Kriger replied to Strat. The other man has slapped him with a heal spell that healed the worst of the lightening strike. Not that the pain still lingered.

The range fight was not going well, at least as far as mundane methods were concerned. Kriger hoped that Garm and the new woman's spells were being more effective. The flash of magic flying across the room was dazzling.

The blond haired man took a step to the side as he drew two more arrows. He needed to put at least one in the hob spellcaster. But despite his determination, the ranger's arrows both missed.

"Blast!"

actions | Show
[/url]
Free Action:
Move Action: 5ft step to R21
Standard Action: full round action, rapid shot at Koth: [url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11870333#post11870333]both miss again[url]


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 25/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Strat moved to the side, following Zeldana as she moved to get out of casting range. He knew he had one powerful spell left and briefly considered using it to try to silence the enemy caster; that had a significant chance of failure, however, and the spell itself would probably affect the others, most notably Garm. He admired how Garm was keeping his focus even after being blasted by the caster’s spells. It was that dwarven mettle, he was sure.

The creature that appeared, apparently at Garm’s command, was even more impressive.

Strat moved next to Zeldana, and said, “Here you go,” just loud enough for her to hear, so she understood his intent. He touched her shoulder and let the healing energy of his spell seal up the worst of her wounds from the lightning strike.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: to Q20.
Standard Action: hit Zeldana with a cure moderate – (healed for 18 hp)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11871271

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 34 Current: 24
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Drawing another chakram, Gaius concentrated a bit more, his tongue barely sticking out of the corner of his mouth as if that actually helped with accuracy. He pulled back his arm to throw and squinted his left eye to prevent double vision as he was partially behind the doorjamb. He threw the next chakram sidearm through the door and the whirling blade was finally on target to slam into the bugbear’s armor. It did not penetrate, but he had at least hurt the blighter somewhat.

With the little earth creature engaged in melee combat, the cavalier was going to be practically hopeless with further chakram against mage.

After Kriger’s arrows flew past, he said, “Wait for me to get out of the way before you shoot again, Kriger.”

“Garm, how much longer will that pit last?” Gaius asked as he stepped in front of the opening doorway, getting a clear look down into the pit and the struggling minotaur.

“Hey there, tiny! Having trouble?” he taunted.


Actions | Show
Drawing Chakram & Attack Koth: Hit for 11 dmg
5ft step to U20

Roll

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:18 am

~ Day 16, 13:31 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Image
The minotaur roared in frustration as he lost footing and slipped back down the few feet he had managed to climb in another failed attempt to get out of the pit. He looked up at the puny human and said, “I fook ya up, pissant!”

He kept trying to get out of the pit.

Image
Koth scoffed as the dwarf’s spell still went off and the small earth elemental tried pushing him into the pit. “Ya weak.” The attempt was not strong enough and the bugbear mage sidestepped to no longer be between the elemental and the pit.

He pointed the wand at the summoned creature and discharged some more magic missiles into it instead. It knocked of significant chunks of rock, but the little guy was still fighting.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Combat: Round 4
Minotaur has 10ft reach
Pit Rounds Remaining 2; Minotaur failed climb check
Koth Magic Missile on Earth Elemental, 11dmg, 5ft step

Initiative:
Koth and Minotaur
You Guys

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      25/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       Dead
 Kitty:      Dead
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        16/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       24/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       36/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     30/33 HP remaining;

Earth Elemental: AC17, CMD13, HP: 02/13
-- Fort +4, Ref -1, Will +3; Slam +6 (1d6+4) +1 Earth Mastery

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)

Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
Minotaur  [AC18/Touch AC9 /CMD 21] 29/50hp; Probable Cover, in pit
Koth      [AC22/Touch AC12/CMD 20] 54/65hp; Probable Cover


Everyone is up for Round 4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Gaius threw a chakram down at the minotaur in the pit as he retorted, “Oh, I can hardly wait, boyo. I will be waiting if you can ever get your ass up out of that pit.”

Unfortunately, his throw was another horrible attempt. He really needed to stick with his melee weapons, preferably a lance while riding Justiel.

He cleared the doorway to let Kriger's arrow go through.


Actions | Show
Threw Chakram at minotaur, missed
Move to V21

Roll

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest