WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Strat grimaced as he surveyed the table. Beetles were crawling all over the surface. They were, he reflected, probably dung beetles, and that made it even grosser.

“Ugh. What do you guys think was going on here? These guys were so bored they were torturing bugs, really?”

He shook his head.

“Okay, I’m going to check out the stalls next.”

He moved to the first stall, still cautious. He used the end of his spear to poke at the cot, checking to see if the cot’s owner had any valuables within. More likely, the cot’s owner had lice.

spoiler: show
to I26 first, poke around, If nothing happens take 10 on +11 Search of the cot. Eventually will move on and repeat process for next stall. Last two don’t appear to have any cots, but will check them anyway.

Swift Action: None.
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Image

Holding the reigns to a couple horses at the same time, Katya pops her head into the stable. "Looks like we got the horses... uh... not looking so good in here." Slowly walking in with Bugle and another horse in tow, the sorceress slowly takes in the details, her face in obvious dismay before her look-over was complete. "Goblins are disgusting beasts," she utters under her breath, "but it's probably safer for the horses in here than out there."

Move | Show
Steps halfway in and assesses situation. Going ahead with moving horses to individual stalls if she gets the OK from Garm, who seems to be checking them out.

combat info | Show
Katya
HP 26/26
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 4
Spells: 2/7 1st Level; 1/4 2nd Level

Weapon in Hands: Nothing

Kitty
HP 11/16
AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 12, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 1
Weapons: Bite & 2xClaws

Bugle
HP 10/20
AC 13, Touch 11, Flat-footed 11, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 2
Weapons: Gore & Hooves
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Gaius put away the recovered chakrams and gathered the reins of the other horse and instructed Justiel to follow him. The destrier gave him an impatient snort that sounded a bit like a chastisement.

The cavalier replied, “Oh do not be like that, my friend. The beasty was flying and you would not have been much help from the ground. In fact I was little help myself as evidenced by my weapons landing out here.”

The horse made a sound like a snicker of agreement as the pair led the remaining mount into the keep.

“All good in there?” he asked at the stable doorway.


Actions | Show
Gaius Move to L27
Justiel to K28/L29

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:51 am

Kriger remained on guard in the courtyard as the the rest checked out the stables or fetched the horses. From the sounds of it, Strat found nothing of note in the stables, and they were deemed safe. Katya and Gauis returned with the horses without issue. All the while, the blond haired man kept an eye out for any more of the keeps recent inhabitants.

With the situation of the horses taken care of, the ranger asked, "Now what?"

"Do we check out the the building the manticore appeared on? Or check the keep proper?"

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 33/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:33 am

~ Day 16, 13:29 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Strat was finding the stables to being remarkably stinky, a combination of dog shit, garbage, and rotted entrails. Apparently the goblins did not bother to clean up after their mounts. Understandably, the horses were skittish and shy about going inside. Even Justiel snorted and looked uncomfortable as he could smell a threat but not see it.

So far the courtyard and other buildings were quiet...

Everyone start including Perception checks in their posts. They may or may not be used as you continue to explore.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      33/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      11/16 HP remaining;
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        24/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       36/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Hearing Katya and Gaius returning with the mounts, Garm turns round to help them get the animals inside. He has to concede that finding room for all of them in these noxious surroundings is going to be difficult.

"Can I assume that we wish to press on ahead then?", he asks the others, "In which case, should we consider closing the front gate in case further bands of hobgoblins arrive, or making that pile of manticore meat out there slightly less conspicuous?"

He considers how much effort it would be to shift the corpse of the manticore into one of the other buildings, and sighs. If it had only crashed somewhere more convenient!

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action : Help settle in the horses etc.
Standard Action: Perception roll (24; http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... t11714767)


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 24/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Warhammer
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 0/1, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
Last edited by Garm on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm

“All good so far,” Strat called quietly to the others. “There’s a lot of muck and garbage and offal in here. The horses aren’t going to be happy about it. We might want to grab a shovel and make it a little more decent in here for them. I don’t know if we have the time for it, though.”

He moved to check the next two stalls. He fully expected them to be worse than the others, since the occupants hadn’t been sleeping in them and were just for the animals. Or trash. Or an impromptu latrine.

“Maybe there’s another building we can use…?”

spoiler: show
Check last two stalls. Take 10 on +11 Perception.

Random perception roll: (14) http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11714767

Swift Action: None.
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Gaius was not happy about the stench either, but the animals were animals. “We just have to convince the mounts to stay inside and it is okay.”

Justiel snorted at that remark as if sarcastically wishing his companion good luck. The cavalier looked askance at the destrier and said flatly, “Like you shit don’t stink, my friend.”

“Alright you horses, get in there.”

He started shoving and cajoling the mounts inside the stable now that it was apparently safe if one discounted the stench.


Actions | Show
Take 10 on Handle Animal +8
Moving animals to stalls, Gaius would end up at same spot once he is done.
Perception 28

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:12 pm

Image

The smell clearly offending her, Katya merely added, "I've we're stopping to rest, it would not be here, that is certain. This place is doubtfully appropriate for Bugle and the other horses." After getting Bugle set up in the stable, the sorceress seemed anxious to get out of the building.

Perception | Show
General Use Perception Roll for DM: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17

combat info | Show
Katya
HP 26/26
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 4
Spells: 2/7 1st Level; 1/4 2nd Level

Weapon in Hands: Nothing

Kitty
HP 11/16
AC 17, Touch 16, Flat-footed 12, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 1
Weapons: Bite & 2xClaws

Bugle
HP 10/20
AC 13, Touch 11, Flat-footed 11, Fort 6, Ref 8, Will 2
Weapons: Gore & Hooves
User avatar
Aura
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:55 am

As the last of the horses were settled in the delipated stables, Kriger followed the animals in and checked on his own mount. Giving the horse a once over and patting it on the side, the ranger moved back out into the courtyard. He still felt that the group was under some kind of time limit. Either some one would investigate the fighting in the courtyard, or a goblin patrol would be returning soon.

"I don't think we should daly about."

Moving back out of the stables, and then across the courtyard opposite the hole in the keep. There was door to the building that the maniticore appeared on, and the blond haired man thought it would be wise to check that out first before heading into the keep.

"Let's see what in this building. Don't want anything at our backs while in the keep proper."

While waiting for the others to gather up, the ranger glanced around nervously.

actions | Show
Free Action: perception roll: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11723541
Move Action: Move to T26
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 33/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:44 am

~ Day 16, 13:30 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Strat did not find anything else unusual about the stable building, beside the stench. He was getting used to the smell the longer he remained in it.

Gaius and Kriger’s mounts obeyed their masters well enough and the other mounts entered and allowed themselves to be situated in the cramped stalls.

Returning to the courtyard, all was eerily quiet. Gaius and Garm thought they heard something muffled, but it was hard to say where it was coming from while they were in the stable. Kitty’ ears perked up and she was looking towards the building that made up the southeast corner of the keep, hanging around the door to the destroyed guard tower.

Kriger did not notice or hear anything at the door he was investigating.

Everyone start including Perception checks in their posts. They may or may not be used as you continue to explore.


Tactical Map | Show
Top is north, 1 SQ = 5ft

Map Notes:
1. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall

Image
Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      33/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      11/16 HP remaining;
 Bugle:      10/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        24/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       36/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    09/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (1/7), 2nd Level (2/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    12/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Strat gave each animal a sugar cube before leaving the stables. Hopefully it would help to keep them calmer while their masters were away. He wasn’t sure if it worked that way, but he figured it couldn’t hurt.

He glanced into the sky as he crossed the courtyard. Nothing up there, though part of him kept expecting to see a huge shape in the sky plummeting down on them, like the manticore’s mate, or something. He joined Kriger at the next door and crouched there.

“Let me check this thing first,” he murmured.

spoiler: show
Check door for traps. Trap Spotter in effect as well. Take 20 on +11 Perception.

Random perception roll: (28) http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st11744878

Swift Action: None.
Move Action: to V26.
Standard Action: None.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:18 am

Garm moved out of the stables with the others, then silently considered their next move. He was sure he heard something just then, but was unable to pinpoint its source. That was not good. Leaving the stables, he whispered to the others: "Did any of you hear that? We're not alone! Not sure where it came from though!"

He started to follow Strat and Kriger across the courtyard, but then noticed Kitty's odd behaviour by the door to the guard tower, as if she had picked up on something as well. His suspicions aroused, he signalled silently to Gaius and Katya to alert them, then moved towards the tower, warhammer at the ready.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action : Move to O29.
Standard Action: Perception roll (12; http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... t11746505;


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 24/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Warhammer
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 0/1, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Gaius followed Garm towards the feline and waved at Strat and Kriger, “Pssst, the cat heard something,” he called over in a loud whisper that carried just like a normal voice. He was not sure why he was whispering now, after the pitched battle anyone still alive in the keep knew damned well they were there.

He thought Strat had already cleared the door to the southeast corner and told Garm, “I think we can go ahead and open it from this side. Two prong attack if they try from the other door. Give me a signal.”


Actions | Show
Move to R30
Perception 27

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 36
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Greatsword (LH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 09

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:33 am

Kriger was at one of the doors glancing around when the others were alerted by Kitty's senses. Gauis's not so quite whisper clarified what was going on, and the ranger sharpened his attention. Kriger nodded to Strat as the other man joined him at the door.

"Go ahead, " Kriger murmered to Strat. The ranger would wait for the door to be checked before opening it. Once cleared, he would signal to Gauis and open it.

actions | Show
Free Action: perception roll: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11751105#post11751105, 17
Move Action: wait for the door to be checked, then open it if safe
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 33/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron