WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:09 am

~ Day 16, 07:00 – In a village in Cheliax ~

~ The Green Apple ~You awoke early the next morning and broke your fast in the dwarven woman's common room. She made sure you had a hearty meal before heading out on your quest. Having an uninterrupted rest during the night did wonders for you all.

So as you met out front of the tavern you were refreshed and ready to get started. The weather appeared to be pleasant enough, no hints of foul rain in the air.

All you needed to do was get your mounts ready and ensure the new items you purchased were distributed the way you wanted before setting out.


Link to Witchwood Map

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      46/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      16/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      16/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       46/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (5/5), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    15/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Gaius had risen early and asked Strat to help him don the heavy armor he would need to wear when leaving the town. He really needed a squire, but he was not senior enough to rate his own yet. At least his friend had not minded and it was their morning and evening routine.

After some breakfast he made sure Justiel had completed his morning rituals as well, indulging the horse with an apple from the tavern’s kitchen. The destrier could sense more was afoot that morning compared to yesterday and he nearly pranced when led out of the stable to the front of the inn.

Armored cavalier and his stead looked impressive.

Gaius had not mounted, waiting for the others to be ready. “Good morning,” he greeted the others he had not seen yet since awakening.

“Do we have everything distributed amongst us?” he asked about the purchases they made the previous afternoon.


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 46
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Lance (Both)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 am

Kriger had joined Gaius in the stable once he had breakfast. The blond haired man was dressed in his breastplate and had his weapons checked and readied. He has slept well during the night, and looked forward to today's expedition to the keep.

The human fighter led his horse out of the stable once it was seen to and saddled properly. The horse was not impressive next to Gauis's Justiel, but still a good mount none the less.

"We should probably split the tanglefoot bags up evenly amongst ourselves. What about the potions and other equipment?"
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Strat didn’t mind helping with the armor at all, but it always amazed him how heavy it was. He couldn’t imagine wearing the stuff himself. His own armor was just a chain shirt made from fine links of mithral and was extraordinarily light. Gaius, on the other hand, wore full plate. The entire suit must have weighed fifty pounds or more. It was a testament to Gaius’ great strength that he didn’t collapse under its weight, or pass out after a few minutes’ exertion. But then again, Gaius’s arms were as thick as one of Strat’s thighs. His trapezius muscles were like stone.

He slapped Gaius on his armored pauldron after he was done. He was pretty sure Gaius couldn’t feel it.

“Hey guys,” he said, nodding casually to the others downstairs.

He turned to Kriger, who had made a suggestion.

“Yeah, we bought six potions, right? The extra one should go to someone who can’t heal themselves, so…I guess someone who’s not Garm or me. Katya can carry the dispel magic scroll, and Garm the others?” He paused. “What about the potions of flying? Do you want to carry both of them, Gaius, so both you and Justiel will be able to fly?”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Civit » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

Katya and Kitty came outside. Katya carried an odd shaped saddle. Telling Kitty to wait here with the others she walked to the edge of town and whistled for her mount to come out of the woods. Saddling her mount she returned to the others. There it was...that double take she had become accustomed to. Her mount reflected her connection to the forest, a large elk, saddled, bearing metal tips on his antlers.
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Following his daily communion with Torag early in the morning, Garm felt fully restored and ready to delve deeper in the mystery of the hobgoblin army. Following a good solid breakfast, he cautiously thanked Tharrda the innkeeper before moving out with the others to saddle his horse, which he has begun to call Gravel in his mind. While he busied himself in the stables, he idly wondered where Katya's mount might be stabled, as no new horse was to be seen. However, when the giant stag ambled out of the woods and allowed her to saddle him, her comments from last night suddenly made a lot more sense. His surprise was plainly visible, but he rapidly recovered.

"A strong mount, indeed! This should make even those worgs think twice about attacking you!"

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Gaius shrugged as the mention of healing potions, “I don’t need to carry more than one. Maybe not even one at all. If I am about to fall in battle, they it would be better to be healed by someone else instead and I can continue to go down swinging.”

“I say, let Katya hang on to it.”

“As for the tanglefoot bags, evenly handed out is fine by me unless someone lacks a good throwing arm. I think most us are about the same… except for Garm,” he glanced at the dwarf’s short arms. “No offense, mate.”

He shook his head, “I only need one of the flying potions for Justiel. Let Kriger have the other for his mount. Then we can fly the horses together and fight from their backs.”

Seeing the stag come out of the woods, Gaius blinked a few times in surprise. The lass had not mentioned her other uncommon the night before. That or he was too drunk last night to remember now.

“Well, he is impressive. What’s his name? Horny?”


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 46
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Lance (Both)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 am

"Alright, sounds good."

Kriger took one of the flying potions for his mount. The idea of fighting on horse back up in the air terrified him, but if it needed to be done, it needed to be done. The point on the healing potions was valid.

"I've got a couple already on my person. But, yeah, give them to Katya."


The blond haired man looked up at the giant elk as it came out of the forest. Indeed, Katya's connection to the forest was strong.

"Huh, I didn't think you can train an elk to be a mount, or they would even let you put a saddle on them."
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Civit » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

Gaius sure had a one track mind. "No, his name is Bugle." Tightening the saddle straps and feeding her elk a few carrots she saved from her dinner, "yes they can be trained...I didn't even train Bugle, I bought him already trained. Many forest folk ride them or harness them to carts, but the ones with the right temperment can be trained for battle. They couldn't carry a full sized armored rider like Gaius, but an unarmored rider, or a smaller armored rider.... There are units of forest elves that ride them."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Justiel snorted with what could have been contempt or indignation as everyone fawned over the elk. He was a proud destrier, not some tamed wild beast. Gaius caught the rebuke in the noise and patted his horse’s neck

“Oh don’t worry, my friend. You are the one for me. I would not trade you for some big game animal.”

The proud horse shook his main with chuff, holding his head high giving off an air of aloofness about the whole thing.

Gaius returned to business. “Okay, four more flasks of holy water each, just in case we are dealing with ghosts and ghouls when we reach the keep. Anything else, or can we head to the ferry now?”

He smirked at Garm, “You sure you don’t have a farewell peck of appreciation for the inn’s mistress, mate?”


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 46
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Lance (Both)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 am

Garm looked up at Gaius as if to check whether he was serious after that last comment. "Oh indeed not", he answered, with a wry grin, "I am, in fact, eager to be off! Although she does run a mighty fine inn."

With that, he took a moment to redistribute the various purchases. Some of the scrolls went in various pouches in the bandolier strapped across his chest, while the others disappeared into his backpack. The tanglefoot bag went alongside the flasks of holy water and the rations attached to the saddle.

That done, he scrambled gracelessly onto Gravel's back, ready to head to the ferry and confront whatever awaited them beyond. The horse was placid, particularly when compared to a destrier like Justiel, but Garm would never be an accomplished rider.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
Last edited by Garm on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:08 am

“Well, that’s neat,” Strat said, looking the elk up and down. “Does it fight? Those horns look dangerous.”

He handed one potion of flying to Gaius, and the other to Kriger. Personally, he half-hoped they would run into a dragon, just so he could see Gaius and Justiel charging across the sky like the stories about gods.

He secured the rest of his gear, and checked his horse’s saddle. Unlike the others, he didn’t have a spectacular mount, just a brown mare. He hadn’t even named her yet, and had no idea what he would call her if he did.

“I’m good,” he said. “Ready to go if you guys are.”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Civit » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:14 am

Image

Katya and Kitty

Katya mounts up. "Yes, he does fight." Adding with a smile, "But the metal tips, those are just to make him look more dangerous. She gives a slight giggle, but then changes to a more serious tone. Make no mistake, he can gore a man with those horns, but the metal doesn't make it any more dangerous." Katya ties off the new items the party passed out to her saddle in accessible places, with the exception of the scroll, which she placed in the safety of her backpack. She put it near the top where she could get to it but still keep it protected from damage.

Turning to her cougar, "Kitty follow quietly." The cougar growls an acknowledgement. "Kitty will stay to the brush when he can and use it to ambush our enemies if we should come across any." Katya then waits to be told where to fall in, sure that Gaius had some tactical plan what order they would ride.
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 am

Kriger took the tanglefoot bag and holy water that Strat handed to him with a nod. He secured the items to his saddle for easy access, but secretly hoped they didn't run into a dragon. The older the dragon, the large and more dangerous it was. Undead, he wasn't sure about either.

On the elk mount, the blond haired man didn't have much more to add. As long as it worked for the wizard woman, then it was fine by him.

With departure imminent, Kriger mounted up onto his horse and signal his readiness.

"Same order as before or different?" He asked the others about the marching order.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:48 am

~ Day 16, 07:20 – North of a village in Cheliax ~

~ North Ferry Landing ~As you sort yourselves out from departing the inn, a few people waved to you as you embarked upon the noble endeavor. As you passed by the Old Toll House among the onlookers wishing you well were both the Captain and Speaker.

You made your way to the Ferry landing and once again passage for the first round trip of the day was always free to those living there. By your aid, you were considered residents according to the gruff man running things.

Several minutes later you were on the other side of the river and on the road leading north from the town. Last time you were riding, your party was much different. You realized any previous riding order would not be applicable that morning.


Link to Witchwood Map
Link to Tactical Map

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      46/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      16/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      16/16 HP remaining;
 Bugle:      16/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       46/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (5/5), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    15/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12232
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Next

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron