WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:06 am

~ Day 15, 18:00 – In a village in Cheliax ~

~ The Green Apple ~You all became better acquainted over sharing some supper during the next hour.

There was still plenty of time to continue sharing some ale before you needed to retire for the evening.

OOC | Show
Feel free to continue RPing to get to know characters better.

I started the new IC to pick up things the next morning as you all are preparing to depart.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      36/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      16/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      16/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       40/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (5/5), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gaius » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Gaius smiled and downed some more ale as Strat quipped about color commentary. “Oh aye, my friend. You are always with the quick tongue.”

He shook his head at Kriger's question, seeing that the sun was still shining in through the tavern windows, "Nay, mate. Too early to hit the racks yet."

Gaius was not as impressed with the woman’s fighting fan as the others, but not because he discounted its nature and deviousness of being applied. His opinion was more of a practical assessment given their plan for the campaign against the hobgoblin army.

He was getting a bit inebriated from the ale too, so his tone was straight to the point instead of flowery (not that he was ever very diplomatic to begin with).

“No offense, lass. But you would need to get in pretty close to use such a weapon. I think you will have a hard time fighting from a horse with it as well.”

“You should know that we could be engaging the enemy in mounted warfare on the morrow. Do you have a decent long range weapon at least so you can avoid getting up close and personal with bugbears, ogres, and the like?” Gaius asked Katya.

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero

Postby Kriger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:02 am

"Who said anything about going to sleep?" Kriger replied.

He made himself more comfortable in the chair, and helped himself to more ale. He had no intention of getting sloshed, but a nice buzz would be nice before they set out tomorrow on what could be their possible deaths.

Kriger leaned back and listened to the chatter as it rolled around the room.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Strat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Strat grinned and poured Gaius some more ale. Drunk Gaius was funny Gaius, only unintentionally so. Strat found it hilarious when Gaius got a little belligerent about things. But in this case, it wasn’t belligerence that was driving Gaius’ questions. They were good ones.

“Yeah, he has a good point,” he said, turning to Katya. “Amongst the foes we might be fighting are incorporeal ghosts or other undead, and possibly dragons. Also large-sized opponents, like ogres or even giants. Do you have another weapon, other than your spells?”

He paused, considering.

“Even a good shortbow or crossbow, something like that?”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
Strat
Hero
Hero

Postby Civit » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Katya and Kitty

"I have no other weapons. I'm not very good with them. But, I have my spells for attacking at a distance. I'm afraid Kitty has no ranged options."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Strat » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:16 am

Strat nodded, a little, intent on Katya.

“Well, you know that’s all right, right? If you’re not very good with those weapons, I mean. If you practice you’ll get better, and you might just get lucky. I’m not very good with a bow, myself, but I still carry one because I don’t want to be up close and personal with something really big and scary that could squish me flat. I’d rather take a few potshots before they close, and hope I get lucky.”

He shrugged a bit.

“Do you want to grab a few more weapons at the store before we leave? We can go with you if you want.”

Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1

Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Strat
Hero
Hero

Postby Gaius » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Gaius looked back at Kriger with an arched eyebrow. “Ahh, I assumed that you were tired when you mentioned getting some rest before tomorrow.”

“Though, we should probably not stay up all night drinking,” he remarked as Strat refilled his mug with more ale for the third… maybe fourth time. “Drinking or rolling in the hay with pretty blondes either,” he muttered to his friend Strat beside him with a sidelong look towards Katya.

After a hearty swallow, the cavalier added to the discussion about the sorceress’s weapons, “You don’t have to be great with a weapon to help in a fight using one. Strat is a prime example.” He slapped his friend on the back of his shoulder causing the smaller man to slosh some ale. “Hell, even a blind man can sometime hit the broad side of a barn.”

“If you sling spells at distance, then you could probably shoot a crossbow with a little accuracy. Tis better than sitting on your ass while the rest of us are chopping and skewering the fodder when you don’t need to waste spells on them.”

“Though, Strat here might well enjoy watching you sit there being pretty while admiring your curves, I cannot have him distracted when he is supposed to be watching my back in the thick of things. Even my heavy armor is not always enough when ogres and hobgoblin rangers start ganging up on me and Justiel.”
Gaius
Hero
Hero

Postby Civit » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Katya and Kitty

Katya rolls her eyes at Gaius' clumsy pass at her. She was used to men making passes at her. Women find drunk men so sexy....said no woman ever. If he continues to press the issue she casually let's it be known that Kitty sleeps in bed with her.

"I will rely on my spells to attack at a distance. With a smile she continued, besides,I feel more comfortable I will hit the enemy and not one of you. I may not do the damage of a crossbow bolt, but I will strike my target more often. Perhaps I will learn to use other weapons someday but, against possible dragons is probably not a good learning environment."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Gaius » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Gaius shrugged. One could lead a horse to water, but if they stubbornly refused to drink there was not much you could do.

He had a serious expression as he said, “Well, when you decide what ranged weapon to take up, try the ballista. We can mount it on a cart for you so you need not worry about lugging it around.”
Gaius
Hero
Hero

Postby Strat » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:02 am

Strat chuckled, giving a small shake of his head, his smile fond.

“Yeah, you don’t have to worry about that, Gaius.”

He turned his gaze toward Katya, serious now.

“All right, Katya, if you feel confident that you won’t run out of spells, if a particular fight takes a long time, or we have to fight multiple times in a day. Personally, I always worry about that, but I imagine that you have much more power than someone like me. I just dabble in the magical arts.”

He shrugged, then turned to Gaius.

“You’re right. We should turn in early and get a good night’s sleep.”

Light Horse
Strat
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller