WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:03 am

Kriger entered the inn following Gaius. The two of them had been able to stable the group's horses with ease, and made sure the animals were seen after. They would need to be well rested for the next days journey.

The blond haired man was still wearing his breastplate as he entered the common room. He saw that the others found the woman the watch captain had spoken of. Kriger paused as he saw the cougar for the first time. It was an unusual sight, that of a large feline tamed and at home in the common room. Though, there had been others with similar such animals.

Kriger moved to the table, grabbed a chair, and took a seat with the others.

"I am Kriger," he said by introduction.

"Aye, Gaius. Sonja was the cat's name. Fraka's was the gnome's."

Kriger had her the lass's question as he had come up to join the group.

"Right. We are not sure yet why the hobgoblin's are raiding. But they have been building up army it seems like. So some body or something is leading them. We aim to find out in the next day or two."



actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 20ft
AC 20, 21 with buckler , Tch 13, FF 18 , CMD 21
HP 46/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

Katya greets the new arrivals. "Good to meet all of you. A few raiding hobgoblins is a nuisance but an army of them... I will definately help however I can" The cougar growls. "That's Kitty's way of saying he will help too."

Katya sips on her refilled mead, not as good as the mead from the north but drinkable. "You said you will know in a day or two? Do you have scouts on the job then?"
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:41 am

Upon returning with the drinks, Garm pulled up a stool and sat down heavily. "Funny you should say that", he grinned at Katya, "but no, it so happens that we are the 'scouts on the job', as you so eloquently put it. That includes yourselves, if you wish to accompany us. I have a feeling your special talents will be most valuable."

Garm then tried to briefly summarise the various strands of rumour and hearsay they had picked up earlier in the day. "The hobgoblins are fighting in organised fashion, with the help of bugbears, ogres and worgs - those we have seen with our own eyes. But someone - or something - is directing their rampaging actions over a larger area, and there is talk of other, stronger creatures such as hellhounds, or possibly even dragons, aiding them. The headquarters of the operation seems to be operating out of an abandoned keep to the north of here, which itself has all sorts of tales swirling around it, involving the restless spirits of those who once dwelt there. Oh, and the woods surrounding that keep were once the territory of a tribe of ferocious giants, though what has become of them in recent years, nobody seems to know."

He then looked at his companions for support: "Have I left anything out?"

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

Kitty growled at the words worg and hellhound, not hiding his dislike of canines. For Katya's part, she found the tales of giants in the forest the most distressing, they weren't known for being kind to the lands they lived. She absent=mindedly scratched Kitty's ears, calming the both of them. "Have you seen the keep yet? Do you know who the last owner was? What's the plan to confirm the information you have? Will you----sorry too many questions at once. I just start thinking, most of the time thinking more questions before I can come up with answers to the last one."

"When we get to the forest, I might be able to question some of the denizens of the forest...well the ones not bent on killing us that is"
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Gaius shrugged as Garm outlined the situation and asked if he left something out. “Well, we don’t actually know the Hobgoblins are using the keep. But that is the lead we have to go on for a decent place they could establish a base to operate from. The druid did say that the animals were steering clear of the abandoned keep, but that could just as well mean there is some truth to the rumors of undead inhabiting the structure.”

“The druid did mention where the forest giants tribal home used to be as well, but he has not seen them in the forests across the river this far south.”

“He also did not have clear numbers of the goblins running around out there, but saw plenty of signs for patrols of 6-10 them on foot and goblin riders in packs of 2-4.”

The cavalier looked to Strat, “Maybe you recall that story we heard about the keep’s history, but other than the forest giants conquering it many years ago, it did not seem all that relevant to me.”

He drank deeply from the ale to wet his lips before continuing, “We spent this afternoon provisioning and acquiring some supplies that might help with some undead and dragons. In company with us, you would be welcome to have some of these too since we lost a member of our crew and they did not take their share with them.”

“Tomorrow morning we are going to mount up, cross the river on the ferry, and ride up the road to check out the keep. At least I assume that is our plan, yeah?” He looked to Kriger, Garm, and Strat for confirmation.


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Kriger nodded in agreement with what Gaius and Garm had said. The dwarf summed it up nicely, and Gauis provided some of the clarification.

“Aye, that’s the plan. I think the story went that some brash noble moved into the keep and had designs to make himself lord of the surrounding lands. That included the giants, who didn’t take kindly to that. Something happened, and the giants ended up assaulting the keep and killing the defenders.”

“At any rate, it makes a good place to start. If it turns out not to be occupied by the hobgoblins, we can probably use it as a base of operations ourselves.”
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 pm

"You have the right of it there", Garm chimes in, agreeing with Kriger's description of the rise and fall of Amery Vraath, "and apparently there might be an un-dead spirit or two about in that keep as a result, if those particular rumours about the giants killing him and his men are to be believed in any event".

He takes a swig of his ale, then looks at Katya. "In any case, as Gaius says, we will be leaving early tomorrow. Do you have a horse or other means of travel? Also, could you tell us a bit more about your recent exploits?"

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

"Yes I have a mount, one that fits my style." She smiled with a crinkle of her nose. "As for my exploits...I don't really have any 'exploits'. Kitty and I just help where we can. Most of the help I give helps protect forests. you could say it's in my blood."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Gaius grunted softly as he took a sip of the ale, nodding in satisfaction that Katya already had a mount. That was one issue settled. "Right, since the hobgoblin army has suffered a few setbacks directly at our hands these past two days, we are looking at using some speed to carry the fight to them before they muster another attack here in this town."

Being a warrior himself was quite obvious by his heavy armor, but he was unsure about Katya's and Kitty's qualifications. The modesty the blond woman was showing did little to help his tactically oriented mind. "Tis a time for being modest, lass. But let us speak plainly. We need to know your capabilities if you are to travel with us, strengths and weaknesses."

"For myself and Strat, we hail from far north in Kenabres, being reared on the possibility of fighting back demon hordes. I was trained like a knight for years, and I follow the Order of the Dragon. I convinced Strat to come with me to the southern lands were we could experience more of the world and become seasoned."

"Though, I suspect some day we might have to return to Kenabres," the cavalier added with a hard edge to his tone, like there was a resignation that it was inevitable and not exactly pleasing.

"So, Katya. The Captain mentioned very little about your qualifications except you knew something of the arcane... but Kitty looks a little large to be a familiar like witches or wizards that I have met."


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:05 am

Kriger smiled as the girl explained she had no exploits. She was more in tuned with nature it seemed. Sort of like how the blond haired man was a woodsmen himself.

"Aye, protecting the forests is a noble exploit in and of itself. Myself, I am woodsmen much like my father. Though, we were exactly on the up and up with the law of men."

The blond haired man wasn't ashamed of his admission. His father had been on unsavory type that dealt with those on the wrong side of the law. The old man had to do what he had to support his family.

"At any rate, how is it you came to be have Kitty as a companion?"
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

"I had run away from home. I was alone in the woods. Kitty found me, and when I pet him I knew I had the blood of the forest in me. Kitty is my companion, more like druids have animals that help them than a witches familiar. But, my connection to Kitty isn't the only power that I inherited from some forest sprite or faerie in my family tree. The Captain right, I do wield magic. My magic has a little of everything, some protection, some offense, some control... Up close, I can handle a weapon. Katya pulls a painted folding fan out. She fans it out revealing sharp metal points at the tips of each rib. "It's an unusual weapon but the first time I saw them, a bard did a dancelike performance with them...I knew I had to learn. She had the grace to use two of them...maybe with more practice I'll get there someday."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Garm blinks in surprise as the sorceress pulls out her folded fan and suddenly transforms it into a handful of razorsharp points. "Oho, a most devious weapon!", he comments, duly impressed. He has never seen anything quite like it and doubts very much whether the hobgoblins would have seen such a weapon before, either. Hopefully it would take attackers by surprise. "Clearly, there is more to you than meets the eye! But how did you come by such an unusual weapon?" While he himself cannot imagine giving up a warhammer for something so seemingly fragile, he is willing to accept that a hidden weapon may be more practical where stealth is required.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

"A bard came through our town. She performed a beautiful dance with fans. Well it started as a dance but then her assistants would throw things at her and she would slice them out of the air with the fans. The next day I commissioned a local craftsman to make me a fan. I started practicing every day. It wasn't for another 3 years before I found someone who could make one with the metal ribs."
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Strat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:16 am

Strat eyed Gaius briefly, after he had spoken about Kenabres. It sounded like Gaius was in no particular hurry to return home, yet felt an obligation to do so. Perhaps it was an obligation of family, or duty. Strat wondered, not for the first time, why Gaius had been so insistent they leave. He’d half-suspected that Gaius wanted to save him from becoming just like his father, help him avoid a life of crime. Strat had enough brothers and sisters that the Vonds were not lacking for heirs, after all, and his particular wide smattering of talents made him less valuable to the family than some of his more talented siblings.

But now he wondered if it was more than that, if Gaius was reluctant to return for his own reasons. Strat liked that Gaius assumed that if they went back, they would go together, because of course they would. Even if Gaius decided to abandon this quest and return to Kenabres tomorrow, Strat would go with him. It was an unspoken understanding between them.

He studied Gaius in profile for a few moments as he addressed the others, and was quiet as Katya spoke, both about herself and her companion, which was apparently named ‘Kitty.’

In a lull, he spoke. “I do a little bit of various things. A little bit of magic, a little bit of fighting with bow and spear, a small expertise with finding and disarming traps. A little bit of healing too. And excellent color commentary.”

Strat grinned broadly.

“Well, this all sounds pretty good to me, how about you guys? I’m sure we’ll get to know each other a bit better tomorrow too, as we’re on the road.” He paused. “Does anyone have any more questions?”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Kriger nodded at Katya's story on how she came across her companion. It was truly amazing the connection some had to the nature. It run strong in the girls blood for her to have a cougar as a companion.

"Truly amazing."

The bit about the fans was even more interesting. Garm was right that such a weapon was devious. At required skill to use effect.

"I would be real interesting in seeing you use the weapon once you've reached that level."

The blond haired man glanced up at Strat. The other man was grinning broadly as he had welcomed the new member of the group. "Indeed. Well, shall we rest up for tomorrow's adventures?"
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron