WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Gaius had left Justiel outside with instructions to watch the door and let him know if danger approached. The horse grunted a snuff that felt like it carried disdain at the idea of anything daring to attack the Old Toll House with him on guard.

Patting his horse’s neck, the cavalier said, “Aye, tis a good job that you do my friend.”

Entering into the Old Toll House after the others he commented by way of explanation, “Justiel is rather proud.”

Upon finding the guard captain, Gaius nodded, “Indeed, we have finished some provisioning and gathering of information. Some folk were most helpful.”

“Have you learned anything this afternoon?”


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:17 am

Kriger hitched his horse outside along with the others. He patted the horses noise affectionately. He had started calling him Red after the equine began responding well to the blond haired man's commands. Perhaps the two would develop a bond similar to Gaius and Justiel.

Kriger then followed the others into the guard captain's office. With the shopping concluded, the group just needed to find out any more information from the captain and at least inform her of their own intentions.

"Aye, some very useful information."

Kriger didn't add any more since the others had already asked the captain if she had any more for them.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:



Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 20ft
AC 20, 21 with buckler , Tch 13, FF 18 , CMD 21
HP 46/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:52 am

~ Day 15, 16:48 – In a village in Cheliax ~

~ Old Toll House ~Image
Captain Anitah nodded at the information Strat provided about your departure. “That is probably wise, better to be prepared on the morrow than to rush into things this afternoon.”

“So far today has been quiet after the attack. But that feels ominous. The foot patrols guarding the roads in and out of town are a bit smaller in number, but they have not seen any signs of enemy movement. I hope it stays that way.”

Her expression lightens a bit from her concerned scowling over the situation her town’s defenses could be in. “There was a new arrival in town and perhaps she would be willing to aid you tomorrow. She did not look like a warrior, but after some talking she revealed that she was a practitioner of the arcane arts.”

“Seeing as the short woman who was with you this morning disappeared, mayhap you could use one such as her to aid you. I told her where you all are staying. You should be able to find her there. Her name is Katya Daelin.”

Without more to discuss, you left the Captain to her duties and departed the Old Toll House.


Link to Village Map Information

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      36/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      16/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      16/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       40/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (5/5), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:35 am

Garm was not unduly worried about lingering in the town for the rest of the day - habitually an early riser, he much preferred a fresh start the following morning. During their brief meeting with Captain Anitah, he wondered with Strat whether there was anything further they could do to bolster the town's defences for the coming night, and decided to have a careful look on the outskirts of the village later, before it got too dark.

"Let us go see if we can find this Katya Daelin then?", he suggested. He had been surprised at Shavauna's departure, and another mage in their company would be most welcome. Assuming nobody raised any objections, he accompanied the others back to the inn.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

The group Katya was told about was not at the inn when she arrived. Instead of going in search of them she figured they would show up eventually. The waitress was a little nervous placing the plate with raw meat in front of the large cougar sitting across from Katya, but he sat patiently. Katya started to eat her meal, the cougar taking the cue he could begin. Kitty dug into his meat. "Paws Kitty!, Katya admonished the cat. In response the cougar took his paws off the table and continued to eat happily.
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Gaius nodded in agreement as he gathered up the reins for Justiel and led him towards the direction of the Green Apple. “Aye, we should probably look into it. We are waging a war and could use some more of our kind to take the fight to the hobgoblins. A battle wizard can certainly turn the tide of a fight, but they can do other things too in this quest. I would feel more comfortable with some of that expertise if we have to fight dragons.”

“I will meet you all inside after I stable Justiel again. We do not plan to do anything else tonight or this afternoon, do we?”


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:45 am

Kriger nodded and took his leave from the captain's presence along with the others. Some one to replace Shauvana would be most welcome in their upcoming venture north to find the hobgoblin's army. It was fortuitous that another wizard came into town.

"I agree. Let's go find out about the new wizard. I could also use a bit to eat and a drink."

The blond haired fighter made his way along with the others to inn. Besides Gauis and Justiel, Kriger offered to stable their mounts as well. Strat and Garm could go inside and meet the newcomer.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:



Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 20ft
AC 20, 21 with buckler , Tch 13, FF 18 , CMD 21
HP 46/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Strat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:44 am

“No, I think we’re good, Gaius. See you in a bit.”

Strat walked with the others to the inn, curious now about the stranger they were to meet. The mood within was distinctly different than before, with a small cluster of people huddling at the bar, speaking in hushed tones, heads together. The reason why was immediately clear: a woman sat at a table with a full-sized great cat, eating and drinking with casual abandon, as if she were a little girl with stuffed animals at an imaginary teatime. But there was nothing imaginary about the great cat. It had short buff-colored fur and face marked with black around the muzzle and eyes. Its haunches looked particularly powerful. The cat was not as large as the ones they’d fought outside of town, but it was close; and somehow the fact it was sitting at a table made it seem that much larger and more menacing somehow, even though it didn’t even seem to realize they were there.

“Uh,” Strat said, blinking. “Um.”

He wondered if they should step out of the inn and wait for the lady wizard outside. But the captain had said the wizardess would be waiting for them here, didn’t she? Now Strat couldn’t quite recall.

“Uh,” he said, again.

He stood frozen just at the door, staring slackly. Strat didn’t want to take his eyes off the cat, in case it moved when he looked away.

“Uhhhhhh,” he tried again, louder this time, addressing the room as a whole. “Um, we’re looking for, uh, what was her name again, guys?”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

"Katya?" The fair haired woman with the cat spoke up. She wiped her mouth and got up from the table. The cat started to follow, "no Kitty, it's ok, go ahead and finish your lunch." The cougar didn't need to be told twice, he happily went back to his meal.

"I am Katya, I was told my help might be needed....are you the ones that needed it?" The woman seemed to not be able to keep still, not to the point of distracting, but she always seemed to be in motion.
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:58 am

~ Day 15, 16:55 – In a village in Cheliax ~

~ The Green Apple ~The tavern was starting to see a pick up on business as it was approaching the supper time. Maybe of the patrons were wary of the cougar, but as it was no larger than your average dog and appeared to house trained there were no objections.

Image
Tharrma, the dwarven innkeeper running the establishment, had told Katya the heroes of the Wayfarer Society would return eventually as they still had rooms rented for the night. Two of them had departed and collected their things during the day, but there were four of them still staying in town as far as she knew.

She had described them for Katya. They were all men, three human and one dwarven. Two were quite large men and warriors, a blond haired one and another that had short dark hair and wore a full suit of platemail. The dwarf was a priest and quite unmistakable. The fourth was a shorter man with dark, unruly hair and blue eyes. That was the one Katya saw enter the tavern.

The other three would likely be along shortly.


Link to Village Map Information

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      36/46 HP remaining;
 Horse:      16/16 HP remaining;
Katya:       26/26 HP remaining;
 Kitty:      16/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       40/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;

Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Katya Spells Remaining:         1st Level (7/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (5/5), 2nd Level (4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Strat » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:13 pm

“Yeah, I think so,” Strat said, still eyeing the big cat. Fortunately, it had stayed behind at the table, seemingly wholly occupied with its meal. He watched it for a moment longer, then turned to face the woman.

She was tall, athletic and graceful-looking. Her hair was blonde, worn long and loose about her shoulders. Her eyes were unusual, burnished and almost glowing.

Strat offered her a friendly smile.

“Hi, I’m Strathmill Vond, and this is my friend, Garm Yrgrimsun. We’re part of the group that I think Captain Anitah talked to you about. The others are just stabling their horses and should be here soon.”

He paused.

“I don’t know how much you know about the task ahead, but we were planning on leaving early tomorrow morning to see if we can help track down these raiders.”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 25 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 13/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 3/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Image

Katya and Kitty

"Not a lot, I'm afraid. Come sit we can discuss it over refreshments." Katya sits next to Kitty, sliding his plate closer to make room for the rest of the group. Seeing their reluctance, "it's ok. Kitty hasn't attacked anyone in a long time...almost 12 whole hours!.' Katya waits for the shock to have time to have effect. "Oh I'm joking. He is just a sweet pussy cat." She rubs his ear and Kitty starts purring. 'Aren't you? Just a big softy." Giving Kitty a kiss on his little wet nose, "these are momma's new friends Strathmill and Garm', pointing to the two men.
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:52 am

Garm entered the inn after Strat with some trepidation, as he had not forgotten his longwinded discussion with the innkeeper this morning and was keen to avoid a repetition if he could. Once inside, he focused quickly on the fairhaired human woman, presumably the mage they were looking for, sitting at a table accompanied by an oversized cat. It was not as large as the monsters ridden by the hobgoblins attacking their carriage several days before, but it was still impressive. He then became aware of Strat's apparent hesitation in entering further. Nudging him in the side, he moved towards the mage and her giant cat, successfully resisting the urge to grab his crossbow while doing so.
"Refreshments, indeed, a wonderful idea! Garm Yrgrimsun I am, and well met to you and your companion." he said.

"What, if anything, would you prefer to drink?", he then asked to Strat and the new arrival, before turning to the bar to buy drinks. The day had been full of talking and that made for thirsty throats. Kriger and Gaius would be along soon, and were likely to enjoy a drink as well. He tried to recall what they had been drinking the previous night, and settled on a good ale for both of them.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 42/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Detect Evil 0/1, Hide from Undead 0/1, Create Pit 0/2, Summon Monster II 0/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 0/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Civit » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:55 am

Image

Katya and Kitty

"A refill on my mead would be nice, thank you. So I understand the problem is hobgoblins raiding? Do we know why? Normally they only raid outlying farms, smaller villages, why here and why now?"
Computers have allowed us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history, with the exception of tequila and handguns
User avatar
Civit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Gaius finished up in the stable with Justiel, slipping a few coppers to the stable boy to scrounge up some carrots or apples for the destrier. Still clad in his platemail, the metal clanking and scraping as he walked in time with his spurs jangling, the cavalier entered the main common room of the Green Apple. He quickly spotted Garm and Strat conversing with a blonde-haired woman and large, wild-looking feline.

Not being dressed in his evening finery did not stop the knight from looking to take a seat at the table. “Hey there, I see you found the lass, yeah.” He assumed that was who Strat and Garm were talking to.

“I am Gaius Sparhawk. I’d introduce you to my animal companion, but he don’t much like drinking in taverns and sitting on chairs.” He nodded to the cougar, “He reminds me of that cat the gnome was traveling with, Garm. What was her name? Sonja, I think it was.”

Gaius waved a passing barmaid to flag her attention, “Lass, bring us a small keg of the stuff we had last night or whatever else Tharrma has the kitchen preparing for us.”

He took a seat, opposite around the table from Kitty, by turning the chair around. His platemail was bulking and it was easier that way. He explained, “While we are on this mission to aid the town, we are eating and staying here for free… at least within reason at least. Though, I don’t think we get free ale after we finish eating.”


Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 40
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: None

Weapon in Hand: None
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron