WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 am

~ Day 15, 04:00 – At a village in Cheliax ~

2nd floor of the innAfter purchasing a couple more mounts, you had them put in inn’s stable across a little yard. Then you all retired to rooms on the second floor of the inn for the night, taking an opportunity to sleep in beds for a change.

Before dawn you were startled away by a clanging of a bell from the town hall at the center of town. It was only a couple buildings away. Getting out of bed and looking out the window, you could see torches in the hands of a few villages as people were running in several different directions. There was shouting and screaming heard as well.

There was certainly some unusual excitement going on.


GM Note | Show
Abilities have reset, but any spells requiring preparation have not.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      43/49 HP remaining; (DR1/-);
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Shavauna:    20/20 HP remaining;
 War Pony:   17/17 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       46/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;
Sayel:       42/42 HP remaining;
 Midnight:   16/16 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Kriger Rage Remaining:          8/8
Shavauna's Spells Remaining:    Darkness SLA (1/1), 1st level(2/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Shavauna's Acid Dart:           7/7 remaining
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level(4/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level(4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    15/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Sayel Spells Remaining:         1st Level(1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Strat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Strat woke, startled. He opened his eyes in the darkness, hearing shouts and cries outside. His heart was already pounding. He had been having a good dream, too, but it was instantly gone, and he was pushing out of bed and rushing to the window. He saw people running around outside by the flickering light of torches. Something was going on, something that had roused the entire town.

He whirled around, casting his light spell, flooding the room in soft light. Then he quickly dressed, and dressed for combat, all of his gear, including his chain shirt and trusty spear.

Strat rushed out into the hall, hearing commotions in other rooms. His companions were already flooding into the hall.

“You guys know what’s going on?”

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 34 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 4/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:56 pm

The business with acquiring horses concluded to his satisfaction, Garm was looking forward to a night of relative comfort before once again heading off into the wilds, and rapidly settles into a deep slumber while pondering the role of giants and trolls commanding hobgoblin armies. But his sleep is suddenly and rudely interrupted by the loud clanging of a bell somewhere outside. Bleary-eyed, he stumbles out of his bed to work out what is going on, to be confronted by the sight of agitated townsfolk in the streets below.

Suddenly worried, he pulls on some clothes, grabs his crossbow, loads it and cautiously moves back up to the window to take a more careful look up and down the street to determine what in the name of Torag is happening. There is evidently no time to replenish his store of curative magic at this moment. Not noticing anything obviously threatening just then, he rapidly puts on his breastplate, being well aware that there is no time to properly adjust it, and sticks his warhammer in his belt just in case. He then moves into the corridor to find that the others are also assembling there.

"I know not what is happening, but it sounds like a warning of some kind", he responds to Strat's question, "Let us find the innkeeper to find out more."

Assuming the others are in agreement, he moves downstairs into the main taproom of the inn.

Actions/Rolls | Show

Free Action
: Perception check 1d20+4 = 6 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=291184)
Move Action : Move downstairs to determine what is happening.
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 14/22 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow.
Ammo: 47 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 0/1, Summon Monster I 0/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 4/6, Resistant Touch 6/6, Channel positive energy 0/3
Last edited by Garm on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Joph » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Sayel awakens with a start at the town bell's ringing. Looking out the window, she sees torches and hears frantic yelling. That wasn't good. It was a lucky thing for her that she'd trained long and hard to be able to sleep in her armor, or else she'd have to waste precious time. She awakens Shauvana beside her, saying, "Hey! We could be in trouble, let's go investigate." Sayel peers out the window for a moment longer, then rushes into the hallway.

When she sees Strat, she cries out, "Trouble, if my hunch is correct. Let's be quick, I need to find Midnight." Sayel quickly heads downstairs to check on her horse and see what's going on with the inn's occupants.


Actions/Rolls | Show
With her Endurance feat, Sayel is able to sleep in her armor no problem. 8) That said, I have modified Midnight's statblock to reflect the fact that my mount won't have armor on for the moment.
Move Action: Sayel uses perception as she peers out the window. She will then head downstairs to find out if Midnight is alright - she will don Midnight's light armor if she has the time to do so between now and others joining her. I also notice I had Midnight's flat-footed AC incorrectly up until now, this will be corrected after armor is donned.
Sayel, Perception (27)

Sayel's Mini-Stats | Show
Current AC: 18 (14 Touch/14 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon In Hand: None.
Conditions: None.

Midnight's Mini-Stats | Show
Midnight
Initiative: +1, Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent)
Move: 50ft. (35 ft. actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +1; CMB +5, CMD: 16 (20 vs. trip), FCMD: 15 (19 vs. trip)
Feats: Light Armor Proficiency
Skills: Perception +6
Hit Points: 16 Current: 16
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (Human) +2; Favored Terrain (Underground) +2
Attacks: Melee bite +3 (1d4+3), 2 hooves +3 (1d6+3)
Ability Scores: Str 16, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Tricks: Attack x2, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Gaius rolled out of bed and was thankful for the light Strat provided. With all the commotion there was no time to put on his plate mail and he needed help with that anyway. That was why he normally slept in a chain shirt when out in the field. As he put on clothes, he spared a grumbling thought that he should have worn the chain shirt to bed in the inn too.

The cavalier quickly donned the chain shirt from his gear. It did not sit right on his torso with such haste, but it was better than trying to do battle in a night shirt. There was not time enough for all his weapons either, so he grabbed the belt and buckled it on as he slide his feet into his boots. He would at least have his one-handed weapons. He left the spiked gauntlet and lance, grabbing the heavy shield and slinging the strap over his shoulder.

Hearing Sayal call out, the deep bellow of the cavalier comes from the room. “Sayel, check on Justiel too. Let them both out of the stable!”

Drawing the greatsword from its scabbard, Gaius followed Strat into the hallway where the others were just coming out of their rooms too. He was ready to head down the stairs as well. He pulled out the ioun torch from its pouch and set it to circling his head.

“The only reason I can think of would be either a fire broke out or an attack on the village. I did not see a huge fire out the window.”


Actions | Show
Get dressed, gather weapons, & Hastily don armor (chain shirt)

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 16(18), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 chain shirt) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 46
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: Hastily donned armor

Weapon in Hand: Greatsword
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am

~ Day 15, 04:01 – At a village in Cheliax ~

Sayel in the stableRacing down the stairs, Sayel was about a minute ahead of everyone else. She had not seen anything different than the others from the window. The rest of the inn and tavern was slowly coming awake.

No one was in the tavern as she hustled through to the door leading to the small yard between the stable and the inn.

She thought she saw warriors down the street in the distance, potentially brutish looking ones. But she also saw a member of the village’s watch carrying a switching lantern heading at a jog towards the north in that same direction. There were no large conflagrations lighting up the night sky.

The stable was quiet, but all of the animals were awake. The stable boy was also awake and wondering what was going on. Midnight and Justiel were in adjacent stalls and could sense the tension in the air. Both were eager to get out and join their masters.

With the others roused and taking an extra minute to get dressed, Sayel knew that she only had time to lead the two animals out of the stable to the door of the inn before they would be able to join her. Trying to sort out saddles and barding would take at least a few minutes, probably longer.


GM Note | Show
I will update the 2nd floor people once the last two players post & you move down the stairs, bringing everyone together again.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      43/49 HP remaining; (DR1/-);
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Shavauna:    20/20 HP remaining;
 War Pony:   17/17 HP remaining;
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       46/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;
Sayel:       42/42 HP remaining;
 Midnight:   16/16 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Kriger Rage Remaining:          8/8
Shavauna's Spells Remaining:    Darkness SLA (1/1), 1st level(2/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Shavauna's Acid Dart:           7/7 remaining
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level(4/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level(4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    15/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Sayel Spells Remaining:         1st Level(1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 am

Kriger woke to a start at the sound of the tolling bells and Garm scrambling out of bed. The two had doubled up rooms in the small inn. After acquiring suitable mounts for Shavuana and Garm, every one had retired for the evening to get a good nights sleep. Now that seemed ruined.

Scrambling out of bed, the blond barbarian noted the torches out of the window and began fearing the worst. Garm likewise thought the same and had already donned his armor. Kriger likewise did the same.

The barbarian quickly pulled on a tunic, pants and breast plate. It would have to do for now. He then grabbed bow, polearm, flail and greatsword was equipped and on his body. He also made sure to tuck a torch into his belt. Then he followed Garm out of the room and joined the others.

Whats going on! Is it an attack!?"
Kriger asked as he joined the others heading towards the stables. Seeing Gaius with weapon in hand, Kriger likewise drew his own sword.

actions | Show
Don breast plate hastily, for the negative 1 penalty
Free Action:
Move Action: head to the stables with the others.
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 21,20 , Tch 13, FF 19,18 , CMD 22, armor check penalty increased by 1
HP 49/49
Fort+8 , Ref +4 , Will +2
Rage Rounds Left: 10/10 per day
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Shavauna Surefoot » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 am

Shavauna eyes opened as the clambering of townsfolk can be heard followed closely a bell ringing. The small tielfing woman was siting on the floor within the center of a small circle drawn on the floorboards with chalk completely naked. A small leather bound tome sat open in front of her, strange symbols dancing across the pages. She had been awake for only a short time when she began her morning meditation.

The woman, Sayel, with whom she shared a room with sprang to life at the signs of something amiss and bolted for the window and then, having slept in her armor 'How... practical.' She thought.. grabbed up her weaponry and departed.

Shavauna considered answering the human's observation of possible trouble, but thought better of it and stood and rubbed away some of the chalk, breaking the circle she was within. As there appeared to be little time the tiefling stuffed her clothing, daggers, and spellbook into her backpack and donned her full length jacket. She she threw the pack over a shoulder and took up her small crossbow she smiled and let out a laugh as she commented to the room, "A shame, no running around naked. I suppose I need not scare the villagers any more than they already are."

With that she quickly left the room as she continued to properly do up the front of her jacket. She too made her way down and through the empty inn and into the small courtyard between the inn and stables. She looked around for... something.

Combat Actions | Show
Actions (Shavauna): Looks around Perception 9 (nevermind.]


Actions (Pony):

Shavuana Surefoot | Show
Shavana Surefoot
Initiative: +4
Perception: +4 (+6 w/familiar) (Darkvision 60ft)
Armor Class: 16, touch 16, flat-footed 12 (+0 armor, +4 dex +1 size +1 deflection )
Hit Points: 24/24 remaining
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5
Conditions in Effect: Cold Resistance 5, Electricity Resistance 5, and Fire Resistance 5, Mage Armor (3 hours)
Weapon in Hand: Crossbow +1 (loaded) +5 (1d6+1)

Darkness (Spell-like ability, caster level 3) 1/day
Acid Dart (Su) +5 (1d6+1); 7 of 7 uses per day
0-level, DC 14, (4) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost.
1st level, DC 15, (2+1+c) Silent Image, Mage Armor, Color Spray, Grease.
2nd level, DC 16, (1+1+c) Mirror Image, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster 2.
User avatar
Shavauna Surefoot
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:53 pm

~ Day 15, 04:01 – At a village in Cheliax ~

~ Courtyard of the Inn ~The rest of you made your way down the stairs and through the empty tap room of the inn. Other occupants were stirring, but none were people of action like yourselves. With Sayel and Shavauna already outside, the other four did not hesitate to exit the building and join them.

Everyone could hear the bell continuing to clang a few buildings over, in the center of the town. There was also sounds of shouting to the north, but you could not make out the words.
Image
Before you could decide on what to do, one of the townsfolk came running up from around the corner of the inn. He stumbled and fell to the ground a few feet away. You did not know his name, but he looked like a familiar face and could have been a patron in the tavern the night before. He was scrambling back to his feet.


GM Note | Show
Everyone please confirm weapon in hands and sources of illumination as applicable. Gaius as the ioun torch, but that is only source that I have confirmation about. Strat's previous light spell was in the room.

Tactical Map | Show
Please provide coordinates for your positions on your next post. The building at the top of the map is the inn.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      43/49 HP remaining; (DR1/-);
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining; Not present
Shavauna:    20/20 HP remaining;
 War Pony:   17/17 HP remaining; Not present
Garm:        32/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       34/34 HP remaining;
 Horse:      15/15 HP remaining; Not present
Gaius:       46/46 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    38/38 HP remaining;
Sayel:       42/42 HP remaining;
 Midnight:   16/16 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Kriger Rage Remaining:          8/8
Shavauna's Spells Remaining:    Darkness SLA (1/1), 1st level(2/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Shavauna's Acid Dart:           7/7 remaining
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level(4/4), 2nd Level (2/3)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level(4/4), 2nd level (2/2)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    15/15
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Sayel Spells Remaining:         1st Level(1/1)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:31 am

Kriger joined the others outside of the inn. Seeing Gaius with his own ioun torch spinning above his head reminded the barbarian he had his own. In his sleep addled brain, he some how thought a torch was better. It was ridiculous, and the blond fighter dropped the torch aside and pulled the light stone out of his belt and sit it a spinning around his head. Now he would be better able to handle what ever was going on.

At the sight of the villager scrambling back to his feet, Kriger moved up next to him. He held out his hand and hauled the villager to his feet.

"You alright? What's going on? Is the town under attack?"

Kriger looked around to see if the rest of the group had gathered about.

actions | Show
Free Action:retrieve and light ioun torch
Move Action: Move to AF23
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 21,20 , Tch 13, FF 19,18 , CMD 22, hastily donned armor - armor check penalty increased by 1
HP 49/49
Fort+8 , Ref +4 , Will +2
Rage Rounds Left: 10/10 per day
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Strat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:42 am

It was dark outside, by the time they rumbled down the stairs. Strat cast another light spell and touched the tip of his spear. The pointed end blazed with white light, though the street was already fairly well illuminated by Gaius and Kriger’s magical floating torches. But a little more illumination never hurt.

He spread out, stepping away from the inn, looking around while Kriger approached the villager.

Strat wondered if a fire had broken out in the village, or if they were under attack. Either one was bad. He glanced around quickly, trying to tell if more people were spilling out of the buildings, or if they were staying inside. Staying inside was bad if there was a fire. But good if there was an attack.

He strained his senses to try to pick up anything of interest.



Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +11
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 34 Current: 34
Archaeologist's Luck (+1): 15/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 4/4 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 2/2 available (CMW, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Garm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Garm runs down the stairs with the others, noting the empty tap room as they move past to the front door. He steps into a confused street, with shouts and clamors from different directions, punctuated by the urgent clanging of the bell. Anxiously, he looks around to see whether the town might be under attack, then upward to see if there are any telltale signs of fire lighting up the night sky, but cannot see anything obvious.

A human rushes past, then trips a few feet in front of him. He looks vaguely familiar from the night before, although Garm hadn't spent much time chatting to folk at the time. He moves forward with Kriger, crossbow at the ready, to see if his assistance is required. As Kriger helps the unfortunate fellow, Garm listens intently, his eyes darting from side to side as he grips the crossbow, ready to fire if need be.

Actions/Rolls | Show

Free Action
: Perception to work out what is going on = 6: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=291184
Move Action : Move to AG21.
Standard Action: Ready a shot from the heavy crossbow, and fire as soon as a hobgoblin or other obvious combatant approaches within maximum range.


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 14/22 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow.
Ammo: 47 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 1/1, Guidance 1/1, Read Magic 1/1, Stabilize 0/1, Cure Light Wounds 0/1, Sanctuary 1/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Summon Monster I 1/1, Create Pit 0/1, Summon Monster II 1/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 4/6, Resistant Touch 6/6, Channel positive energy 0/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Gaius was glad to be reunited with his mount. Even without a saddle on Justiel, he still would feel more comfortable riding into battle. He regretted not grabbing his lance as well, but with the rush he could not have everything.

He greeted Justiel patting the horse’s neck, “Well, my friend, you did not want to stay in your stall sleeping did you?” He received an indignant snort at the idea of missing the action.

Gaius scrambled atop his horse. “Best be ready for an attack, methinks. No one has yet to see a glow in the sky from buildings on fire.”


Actions | Show
Justiel at AH22/AI23 with Gaius on top.

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +8, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 16(18), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 chain shirt) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 20
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 46 Current: 46
Challenge: 2/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect: Hastily donned armor

Weapon in Hand: Greatsword
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 38 Current: 38

Attacks: 2xHooves (+6; 1d6+3), Bite (+5; 1d4+3)
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Joph » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 am

Justiel would have to be freed too before this chaos continued. The ranger quickly sees to both horses to ensure they're out of the stables "There'll probably -be- a huge fire if we don't act quickly. I have a pretty good idea of who's causing this..." Sayel gets on Midnight quickly, returning to the front of the inn. She calls out, "Let's gather some torches and investigate! It'll be no use fighting in the pitch darkness!"


Actions/Rolls | Show
No light source available for Sayel. She will be on Midnight, top left corner at AE20 and bottom right corner at AF21.

Sayel's Mini-Stats | Show
Current AC: 18 (14 Touch/14 Flatfoot).
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon In Hand: +1 Composite Longbow (+2 Str).
Conditions: None.

Midnight's Mini-Stats | Show
Midnight
Initiative: +1, Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent)
Move: 50ft. (35 ft. actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, -1 size, +4 natural), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +1; CMB +5, CMD: 16 (20 vs. trip), FCMD: 15 (19 vs. trip)
Feats: Light Armor Proficiency
Skills: Perception +6
Hit Points: 16 Current: 16
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (Human) +2; Favored Terrain (Underground) +2
Attacks: Melee bite +3 (1d4+3), 2 hooves +3 (1d6+3)
Ability Scores: Str 16, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Tricks: Attack x2, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
User avatar
Joph
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Re: WS: Warring against the hobgoblins [IC]

Postby Shavauna Surefoot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:26 am

At the younger woman's comments Shavauna looks to the floating ioun stones about the heads of Krieger and the mounted warrior Gaius as well as the magical light upon the spear of the one named Strat. "I believe we have the light issue resolved even if it is as much a hindrance as it is helpful."

The small woman considers it prudent to call up some magical protections and casts such a spell and then moves up behind Kriger as he attempts to help the oddly familiar man. She held her crossbow at the ready but currently not aimed at anyone yet.

Combat Actions | Show
Actions (Shavauna): Cast Mage Armor, move to AG-22[/b]

Shavuana Surefoot | Show
Shavana Surefoot
Initiative: +4
Perception: +4 (+6 w/familiar) (Darkvision 60ft)
Armor Class: (20)16, touch (20)16, flat-footed (16)12 ((+4) armor, +4 dex +1 size +1 deflection )
Hit Points: 24/24 remaining
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5
Conditions in Effect: Cold Resistance 5, Electricity Resistance 5, and Fire Resistance 5, Mage Armor (4 hours)
Weapon in Hand: Crossbow +1 (loaded) +7 (1d6+1)

Darkness (Spell-like ability, caster level 3) 1/day
Acid Dart (Su) +5 (1d6+1); 7 of 7 uses per day
0-level, DC 14, (4) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost.
1st level, DC 15, (3+1+c) Silent Image, Mage Armor(c), Mage Armor, Color Spray, Grease.
2nd level, DC 16, (2+1+c) Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Pilfering Hand, Summon Monster II(c).
User avatar
Shavauna Surefoot
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

Next

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron