WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Shavauna Surefoot » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm

shavuana listens to the conversation while grabs a small bowl and mixes some flour with a little salt, a liberal amount of sugar and a little cinnamon and starts to mix the ingredients together. she than adds some water to the mix. At hearing Garm's query to the elf and Neffar's offer the tiefling adds, "The crossbow, has many advantages over a bow. First, it is a relatively simple weapon to use, requiring little training. It also packs that punch that a bow cannot match at shorter rangers. The bow on the other hand, as Randarin has mentioned, requires specialized training. It can be fire accurately at much longer ranges and be fired quickly. I once witnessed a master of the bow, fire off three arrows in rapid succession. He was also able to fire two arrows at once, each display was vary accurate. With some training a crossbow can be just as deadly, or so I have heard stories of."

She stops her analytical talk as she starts add her mixture to a long stick and holds it over the fire. She rotates the stick as not to let any side burn. It takes a good ten to fifteen minutes for the entire mixture to cook and when Shavuana is sure it is done, goes around the group offering small parts of the sweetened flat bread. She offers Neffar enough to give his charge and the nursemaid . "A little something sweet and tasty for after dinner."
Shavauna Surefoot
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:57 pm

Kriger grunted an acknowledgement to Neffar about the number of weapons.

“Aye, good ol’ dad always preached versatility. He was a hard man, and his lessons stuck.”

Kriger picked up his chainshirt and resumed checking it over. He didn’t have much left to go over, and much to his relief, he hadn’t found any damage or worn bits that needed to be addressed.

The barbarian glanced back up as Garm and Neffar began talking about crossbows and ranged weapons. He didn’t careful for the mechanical devices, preferring the speed of the bow. But the bow required a
certain amount of training to use effectively, and not all had access to such.

“Yea, javelins be a good choice Garm, “ he suggested, but left it at that. The dwarf would make whatever choice suited his style.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Frakas » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Frakas blushes a little at the compliment paid to him by the Dwarf. "I be thanken ye Garm. This lil' bute may not have any heritage behind her but she be a finely crafted weapon. Much better than anything I be having as a wee one." He says patting the dual purpose weapon.

"The crossbow be not fer me, but can be as good as any other weapon around. A lil distance from yer opponent can be coming in handy an be saving yer hide more often than not."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Garm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Garm nods appreciatively at Frakas' comments about the gnome's hammer: "Indeed, and surely she has a bright career in front of her, borne by yourself? Mayhap in future years your distant descendants will treat this weapon as a valued treasure, and speak proudly of your daring deeds wielding her? We shall do our best to make it so!"

He then starts to devour Shavauna's sweetened flatbread, evidently relishing it.
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kriger » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Kriger paused his work and took some of the offered flatbread from Shavuana. He nodded in thanks and took a savoring bit.

"Hmm, a god treat before bed and watch, I'll say!"

The barbarian leaned back with his chainshirt in his lap, taking his time with the dessert bread. He watched as the Frakas and Garm talk about family weapons. It made the barbarian glance at his greatsword. It was not a family heirloom, per say. But a trusted weapon nonetheless.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Frakas » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:16 pm

"Nay good Garm, I not be mak'n her I bought her. But she be well made, bett'er than well made ta be sure."

He blushes a bit at Garm's friendly comments and genuine wish to see the young Gnome gain fame and fortune. "I be thank'en yee for tha kind words. Yeah I be wishing ta be handing down som'tin ta my young-uns effen I be having some in the future."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby LMiller » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm

After Shavauna talked about a master, he started talking about his own master.

"My master once showed me how to shoot three or more arrows in to the air at once, but I can't do it yet," he said.

The archer talked more about what he did with Bar'Kael.

"I made some bows and arrows with my master. We crafted the bow I'm right now using."

Randarin showed his bow to everyone else.

Combat Information | Show
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15 (+1 Chain Shirt)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 32; Current: 32

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 10 Charges
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy Humans(+2); Low-light Vision, PBS, Precise Shot, Deadly Aim (-1Att/+2Dmg)

Weapon in Hand: Longbow
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon

Postby Frakas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:35 am

Frakas carefully inspects the finely crafted bow. "That's a right nice bow my friend!" He shouts out a bit louder than proper in the quiet mood surrounding the fireplace. He passes it on to the next adventurer.
"When you can shoot them arrows up like ye said, ye let me know. I be liking ta see tha'."

"This bow tha' here tha' we picked up on me last adventure not be half bad itself." He says as he pulls his bow out and passes it around after Randarin's makes his rounds. "I don't think I'll be the bowman you are but I be good enough ta get by in a long range shoot out."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller