WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby LMiller » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 am

Randarin listened to Garm a little more.

"Garm, what a nice story. I think you like that place.".

He also wanted the boy join the team, but the archer understood what Neffar was saying.

Randarin went on eating the delicious meal.


Combat Information | Show
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15 (+1 Chain Shirt)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 22; Current: 22

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 10 Charges
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy Humans(+2); Low-light Vision, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand: Longbow
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Garm » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Garm gratefully accepts Shavauna's offer of food. "A very fine meal", he pronounces, tucking in to his stew. "And I can assure you, Master Kriger, that some dwarves enjoy nothing more than to wear the most extravagant of clothes, jewellery and the like; in the large dwarven cities you can see many such as these. Out in the World Below, away from civilisation, that is a sure way to get killed. Which is why such dwarves seldom venture out very far from their homes, and that is something I am very grateful for".
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Shavauna Surefoot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Seeing the half-orc stuck in his book the tiefling dies out a bowl and moves over the larger man and clears her throat before him, "Time to eat Kelvin." she places the bowl on a low rock to his side and wonder back closer to the fire and her own food. The woman takes another small log and places it on the fire and pokes it with a stick for several minutes before she sits.

Shauvana looks to Neffar, "I understand your reluctance with your charge, but at this table," she motions to those assembled, "We are rather tame compared to some adventuring groups. We seem to keep on the better side of language and heck, learning a thing or two from the depths of the Lands Below. Could be a lot worse, but we will respect your wishes all the same." she flashes a smile and continues to empty her bowl.
User avatar
Shavauna Surefoot
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Kriger » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Kriger began to enjoy the meal. The tiefling surely new how to make the best of things on their long overland journey. He was certainly glad for it.

Spooning a mouthful, the barbarian glanced over to the half-orc. Kelvin had yet to join in at the fire. Kriger wasn't going to let him be so anti-social. Especially that Shavuana has called him out.

The blond haired man swallowed, and then called over to Kelvin, "Oi, Foods on. Come join us as the fire, Kelvin. You can tells us about what you are reading, eh?"

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 17 ( 13 Flat-footed / 15 Touch )
Current HP: 27/27
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in Effect:
Rage Rounds Left: 6 of 6 per day
Arrows(Shortbow): 40/40
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Kelvin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:16 pm

As distracted as he had been, it takes Kelvin a second to realize that he had been addressed, and he tentatively pokes his head out from behind the relatively large tome he had been studying and scribbling within, perched upon a log a little ways back as he is, and then blinks uncomprehendingly down at the bowl that had been nudged his way for a moment. He then catches on with a start and scrambles to put away his book and writing utensils.

"Oh! ah, thank you very much! I might have f-forgotten to partake at all if left to my own devices. Heh," , he then takes up the bowl and begins to eat, taking dainty little spoonfuls and blowing on them for a few seconds each before placing it neatly into his wide, semi-tusked mouth.


With no book to hide behind, he is then faced with the prospect of socializing, and it seems the sharks can smell blood in the water, as it isn't long before the first query is posed in his direction. Trapped, clearly expected to reply, and with no convenient salvation via ambiguous grunts in sight, Kelvin sighs and resigns himself to making conversation and makes the dive.

"Oh, th-this little thing? Why those are just my notes. Observations, illustrations, thoughts and, uh, ideas and such. Much of my craft requires a bit of trailblazing new ground, ah, as it were, and is a little different for each practitioner. A-as such, I wouldn't get much of anywhere if I didn't entertain ideas now and again as to what my next project might be... so ah, well, I was simply reviewing and expanding upon some thoughts, that is all."

At that he gives a shyly dismissive shrug of his wide shoulders, and then engulfs another tiny spoon within his gray-green maw.
User avatar
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: California

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 am

Image
Neffar nodded appreciatively to Shavauna and replied, “Aye, that be nothing against you Wayfarers. Tis only that I be answered to his father for it.”

The dragoon’s beard masked his facial expression, but you can tell the man was being sincere in trying not to offend you all without compromising his interpretation of his lord’s wishes.

As the attention turned to the learned half-orc’s shyness, Neffar turned to the half-elven archer and said, "You be pretty good with the bow, even from atop a horse. Did you train with the Wayfarer’s?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby LMiller » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:04 am

Randarin finished his stew.

He looked up at Neffar when he asked a question.

"Well, I didn't train with this group, really. I trained with my master, Bar' Kael," he answered.

Even though he liked his master, Randarin still wished his parents were alive.

"I grew up with Bar' Kael until I was ready to move on. It was such a long journey. I even fought with a goblin on the way."

"Actually, I got much better to aim and find monsters' weak spots by fighting foes like the howlers."


Combat Information | Show
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15 (+1 Chain Shirt)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 22; Current: 22

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 10 Charges
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy Humans(+2); Low-light Vision, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand: Longbow
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Kriger » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 am

"Aye that was some nice shooting against the howler's" complimented Kriger. While the others had been talking, he had discreetly had a few more spoonfuls of his meal. It went down warm and savoring, and did much to quench the barbarian's hunger after a long day of traveling.

Kriger nodded at Neffar's explanation. Having to answer to a the father of the prince was probably no easy task. Especially under the current circumstances with him being the only original surviving guard.

"Well, we wouldn't tell. But I understand."


Kriger smiled as Kriger had finally joined them. The half-orc was very much the introvert. Not that that was a bad thing, but it was sometimes hard to socialize with the alchemist. Especially when he had his nose in a book all the time.

"So Kelvin, what observations have you made so far about this journey. Any new ideas and such that you'd be willing to share?"

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 17 ( 13 Flat-footed / 15 Touch )
Current HP: 27/27
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in Effect:
Rage Rounds Left: 6 of 6 per day
Arrows(Shortbow): 40/40
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Garm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:54 pm

As Kriger asks the question of Kelvin, Garm sits up. He has come to greatly value the alchemist's judgement. "Is there anything in your books about other perils we might face further south?" he asks. He is still not used to all this open countryside.

"Would you recommend a longbow for one such as myself, Master Randarin?", he goes on to ask. "This crossbow of mine is slightly clumsy to reload whilst steering a carriage..."
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Kelvin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 am

Kelvin flushes at the others' continued interest in his notes, and licks his lips before attempting to answer all of their curiosities in one go, "Well, ah, you see, it isn't quite so much a receptacle for idle thoughts and experiences, such as a journal might be, as a... a place where I attempt to hammer out new formulae, mutagenic effects, or better methods of manufacturing alchemical items..."

He looks down at his now closed book and his enthusiasm begins to combat the hesitance in his voice, "All that I've accomplished thus far has been via trial and error, experimenting upon my own body and taking careful notes along the way. I spent several days sick and turning various shades of purple before I perfected my current mutagenic formula. But along the way I took note of the proportion of each ingredient, and eventually my meticulous methods paid off and produced favorable results. As for our recent travels, the quilled Howlers from earlier inspired me to look into the prospects of growing quills of my own... perhaps using existing hairs as a baseline and using growth and hardening reagents to produce a similar effect. I've yet to get to a testing phase for any such thing, and results don't always match their initial intentions, but the idea is in here, and I'll revisit it eventually. All I need is time and this little book," he gives the "little" tome a fond pat as he finishes and then looks up, flushing all the more as he realizes how much he had just spoken, and in front of the entire group.
User avatar
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: California

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Frakas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 am

Frakas blows on the hot stew to cool it off some before he puts the spoonfull in his mouth. "Delicious! My compliments to the chef!" He exclaims, a little louder than he intended. Since he was a boy he was always the loud kid, now fully grown he still comes across as that kid who does not know how to use his inside voice.

After Kelvin explains some details about what his book is for the little Gnome has found a new admiration for the unique half-orc.
"That be pretty amazing kelvin, you haivng the patience and gumption ta be doing all that work. Being step by step an all. Me, I don't be thinking of new weapons I just be getting what is there an learning how ta use 'em."

"A lot of us Gnomes are given thier hammers when were toddlers so I be carrying mine around for a wee bit."
User avatar
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Kriger » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 am

Kriger nearly finished his first serving of the evening meal while listening to the others. He debated preferrly about having seconds, but decided against it. No need to gorge oneself, especially in present company. The barbarian placed his bowl of mess kit down by his side to be cleaned later. He leaned back and agreed with Fraka's sentiments of the meal.

The blond haired barbarian looked back over at Kelvin as the half-orc explained the nature of his book in greater detail. The idea of growing quills though, made the man shiver in thought.

"I don't know, Kelvin. The quills certainly were a pain in combat, but they would certainly be a nuisance with your cloths and such. Not to mention if you accidentally trigger them off doing something so mundane as scratching an itch on your head."


Kriger shrugged. In truth, the idea of mutating one's body didn't sit right with the barbarian. The gods gave you a perfectly good body, and expected you to use it. Not go around changing it. But then again, to each his own.

"Well, I let experience guide my hand when it comes to weapons and such. So far, I find having several at my disposal helps cover all sorts of situations."


spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Current AC: 17 ( 13 Flat-footed / 15 Touch )
Current HP: 27/27
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in Effect:
Rage Rounds Left: 6 of 6 per day
Arrows(Shortbow): 40/40
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby LMiller » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 am

Randarin liked the comment from Kriger and replied, "Thanks, I think I did a pretty good job. I missed a few, but I'll do better next time."

He then replied to the dwarf, "Garm, I am sorry, but I don't think you need to shoot from the carriage are while you are driving. For a longbow you need two hands, but you can use a crossbow with one hand so it is better than a longbow when you are driving. If you trained, you could learn to reload faster."

"Besides, you did good with your spells,"
he smiled at Garm.


Combat Information | Show
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 15 (+1 Chain Shirt)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 32; Current: 32

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 10 Charges
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy Humans(+2); Low-light Vision, PBS, Precise Shot, Deadly Aim (-1Att/+2Dmg)

Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Last edited by LMiller on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 am

Image
Neffar perked up at the half-elven archer's comment about training with a crossbow. He turned to the dwarven cleric and said, "Oh Aye. You ca be trained to reload a crossbow faster. I be have such training with my heavy crossbow, yeah."

"If you be interested, I can start teaching you, Garm."

"If not, you should consider javelins. You can hold a few in one hand with the reins and be chucking them with your free hand."


He nodded in agreement with the blonde-haired warrior, "You be smart warrior, Kriger. I carry at least four weapons when in the saddle, yeah. Even so, my favorite be the lance."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Caravan Evenings [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Garm gratefully takes up Neffar's offer of training to improve the reloading of his crossbow. It has been a trusted companion in many difficult scrapes in the past and this would make it even more useful. If they were ever chased, he wanted to be able to provide as much support as possible.

"That is a fine weapon you have there," Garm says as Frakas mentions his hammer. "Do you pick your own, or is it a heirloom from some illustrious ancestor perhaps?"
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron