WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby LMiller » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:13 am

Randain was going to ride a horse, but decides not to.

"Can I sit on the top of the carriage?" He asks Neffar.

"From the top, I could shoot more easily."

"Shavauna, I'm not going to buy a horse if I'm riding the carriage. I don't need to go shopping with you."
User avatar
LMiller
The little dragon
The little dragon
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Frakas » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 am

Felling like he bit off more then he can chew, color rises to the little ones cheeks as he admits. "Well no experience handling ta wagons, I be meaning tha' I usually be good wit tha animals. Effen if ya needed me I prob could get 'em moving but I don't wan't ta be coming across as some kinda expert wagon driver or nuttin."
User avatar
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 pm

"Eh so be it." Kriger nods as they have reached an understanding with the remaining guardsman. Now, they just need to figure out who was going to drive the wagon.

"Garm, how are you at the reins?" Kriger asked. With the dwarf's smaller stature, the barbarian wondered if it would be best if he drove the wagon. That is the dwarf was willing and didn't take offense to it.

"I plan on acquiring a mount for this journey as I have some skill with horses."
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Garm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

"Regrettably I have no such skills", Garm says apologetically in response to Kriger's question. "It will be hard enough to spread my healing skills across the horses as well as the people! " He is willing to try but suspects others might be better qualified.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:18 am

Image
Neffar nods in reply to the archer, "Yes, that would be fine. For added protection, your arrows would be most welcome, yeah."

"Truth be told I am just a horseman myself, but horses be horses, yeah. Driving a wagon or carriage be not much different,"
he addresses the others.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Shavauna Surefoot » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:40 pm

The tiefling stopped at the door and listened and nodded to the elf when he declined to come with her. The thoughts rolled around in her head about that one, a ranger, usually one with nature and beasts, was declining to use a mount and ride free. She gave a shrug, knowing that sometimes logic did not answer every query.

"I am off then, and whomever wish to come along may." she says and disappears out the door.

The woman seems to backtrack to the Wayfinder's Chapter House to gather the belongings that she had in her room before heading out to do a little shopping. Later in the day she returns riding a pony with a rather unique set of patterns of back and white. She stables the mount for the evening and heads off to her room for a nice hot bath, considering it might be one of the last for some time. She will then make an early night of it considering she will want to be up early to get ready.

spoiler: show
War pony 45gp, bit and bridle 2gp, riding saddle 10gp, and saddle bags 4gp (total 61gp)

Initiative: +6 Perception Shavauna: +3 (+2 w/Riot) Perception Riot: +7
Current AC: 16 (12 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Current HP: 20/20 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand:
Conditions in effect: Cold resistance 5, Electricity resistance 5, and Fire resistance 5

Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+c)) Silent Image (x2), Color Spray, Grease,;
(2nd level, DC 16, (1+1+c)) Mirror Image, Web, Levitate
Acid Dart +5 (1d6+3)) (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
User avatar
Shavauna Surefoot
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Frakas » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:01 am

"I be going wit ya little lady, since Sonja be to young ta ride I be getting me an ole' hound dog, they be sum uh the best doggies."
He says as he quickly follows here out towards the stables.
As she finds a warpony, Frakas picks out a riding dog. He does not find a hound like spoke about but he finds a large hairy wolfhound with black and grey fur. It looks big enough to eat the Gnome with one bite but it is well trained and seems to take a liking to Frakas and he returns the affection.


Frakas
Move Action:
Standard Action: Buys riding dog 150gp, exotic riding saddle 30gp, saddlebags 4gp
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed /14 Touch) PER+8 INIT +4
Current HP: 24/24 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Gnome Hammer
Ammo: 20 arrows
Conditions in effect: Ioun Torch
Spells: Stabalize 1/1 remaining, Light 1/1, Create Water 1/1, CLW 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Sonja
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (12 Flat-footed /16 Touch) PER +5 INIT+5
Current HP: 9/16 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite
Conditions in effect: Scent- detect opponents 30ft, 60ft upwind, 15ft downwind. (Direction of scent is move action), Low light vision
User avatar
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:43 am

Garm decides to accept the challenge of operating the wagon, despite being somewhat unsure about his skills handling horses. The initial interview concluded, Garm then follows Shavauna and Frakas outside to the stables. There he spends a considerable amount of time talking to the folk running the stable about the various ways to deal with injured horses out on the road. He will then visit the local temple to purchase additional medical supplies for both people and horses before returning to the inn.
He will try to arrange a meeting with Neffar Netta, the young prince and his nursemaid, ostensibly to tell them that all is in order. Just before the meeting, however, he will cast Detect Evil which will therefore be in effect during the brief conversation. He still has suspicions about the nursemaid and wants to make sure they are not inadvertently sheltering some fiendish creature.

OOC | Show
This post was amended to reflect new information about Garm's abilities to steer the wagon despite a lack of ranks in Ride.
Last edited by Garm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 am

Image
Neffar accepts Garm's intention to help drive the carriage, "Very well, then. At least two o' you be on the carriage as we travel would be helpful. Though if we be have a few people always riding on it, then they be resting while we travel, yeah."

"I be purchase a mount as well for when I take a turn riding patrol."

"We be seein' you in the morning after breaking fast, yeah?"


With the discussion appearing to be over, he stands ready to bid you farewell.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      37/37 HP remaining; (DR1/-)
Randarin:    22/22 HP remaining;
Kelvin:      18/18 HP remaining;
Frakas:      24/24 HP remaining;
 Sonja:      16/16 HP remaining;
Shavauna:    20/20 HP remaining;
 Riot:       10/10 HP remaining;
Garm:        22/22 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: none
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Kriger Rage Remaining: 6/6
Kelvin's Mutagen Remaining: 1/1
Kelvin's Extracts remaining: 3/3
Frakas Spells Remaining: 1st level(2/2)
Shavauna's Spells Remaining: Darkness SLA (1/1), 1st level(4/4), 2nd Level (3/3)
Shavauna's Acid Dart: 7/7
Garm Spells Remaining: 1st level(4/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining: 3/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining: 6/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Kriger » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:59 pm

"Well, until then!" Kriger bid the last guardsman goodbye. The barbarian felt a little better about the job now that they had talked to the guard. He seemed like an alright fellow who would let them do their job. Hopefully, they would see the man through this and to his home.

Kirger then followed the others to the market and horse traders. There, the barbarian woodsman found a light horse that had been combat trained. Despite the fact of not being skilled enough to fight form horse back, Kriger did not want a horse that would buck or shy away at the first sign of a fight. While in the market, the barbarian also purchased a military saddle, and some saddlebags for supplies.

Once done with his shopping, Kriger would return to the inn with the rest of his belongings.

spoiler: show
So far going to purchase:
Light, Combat Trained horse: 110gp
Military Saddle: 20gp
Saddlebags: 4gp
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Frakas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:03 pm

"Aye we be seeing ya then." The Gnome nods to the guardsman concluding the conversation with him.

He raises up on the balls of his toes a couple times as he thinks to himself that this adventure should go well. The companions seemed sound and pleasing to work with and the guardsman seemed to be the owner of a good heart.
Frakas was quite pleased with the promise of another adventure with some new and some familiar faces to join him.


Frakas
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (15 Flat-footed /14 Touch) PER+8 INIT +4
Current HP: 24/24 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Gnome Hammer
Ammo: 20 arrows
Conditions in effect: Ioun Torch
Spells: Stabalize 1/1 remaining, Light 1/1, Create Water 1/1, CLW 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Sonja
Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:
Current AC: 17 (12 Flat-footed /16 Touch) PER +5 INIT+5
Current HP: 9/16 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite
Conditions in effect: Scent- detect opponents 30ft, 60ft upwind, 15ft downwind. (Direction of scent is move action), Low light vision
User avatar
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Kelvin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Kelvin had considered volunteering to ride in the wagon, as he wasn't the most experienced of riders, but thought better of it when he imagined squeezing his bulk in to close quarters with with the other occupants, and doing so alongside their charge made him shiver momentarily with anxiety.

So he kept quiet as he had through the entire exchange, and simply dipped an awkward yet pleasant farewell to Neffar and followed along to purchase some (hopefully) decent horseflesh.
User avatar
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: California

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby Garm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Before going to bed, Garm will ensure all medical supplies are safely stored in the wagon. He will then cast both Detect Magic and Detect Evil on the wagon, just in case. He intends to replace these when he prays to Torag early the following morning so he can cast them when they set off. "Just in case there is anything wrong about our charges", he thinks before retiring for the night.
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Back at the Chapter House [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:32 am

With the meeting breaking up, you all part company with Neffar and go about your business of preparing for the journey.

Since the carriage is in the only one in the small stable next to the inn, you are able to see it and load any supplies on it the night before if you desire.

OOC: Our Adventure continues here: Leaving Theissia
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron