WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 am

Veric glances back at the others and blinks, "Eh? This was only a few hours ago. How can you all forget?"

"Ahhh, I know. You all were concerned over the welfare of those people we found afterwards. I guess I can forgive you and not try to fix your memories with a few knocks on your heads with my mace."
The cleric's voice is a deadpan, and he doesn't sound like he is joking. It is hard to tell for sure.

He doesn't give any indication there is more forgotten lore to impart.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:19 am

Maylor takes the book after Kriger took it out and handed it over. Flipping through a few pages, the grizzled warrior closes it again.

"Hmm, I cannot make sense of it myself. But that is not my area of expertise, but I will see that it gets to someone that can probably translate it."

"Well, I thank you for your service. I will take these things and deal with them. I have your payment upstairs. 250 gold coins each, and I will see that you are given it after lunch."

"Unless there is anything else?"
he rises from the table and pauses.

"If not, you can probably check back in a few days and see if there any more quests or assignments I can offer."
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Xia Galondel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 am

The elven woman looks to the chairman, "Before you depart with the book... may I? In our haste to see to the artifact and freeing the townsfolk and travelers I never did give the book a look at all."

If allowed she will look over the strange writings... if she discovers nothing she will return the book if she finds anything of note she will sit down and reveeal it to the chairman and then the group as required.

spoiler: show
Not sure if any of the following languages are on the book... Xia does have many (Aklo, Celestial, Common, Elven, Draconic, Orc, Sylvan, Tien)
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Kriger shook his head as he couldn’t think of anything more to add. Between Veric, and the others, they explained all they knew and found. After some rest and recuperating, the barbarian looked forward to the prospect of another job.

“I don’t have anything,” Kriger says as the chairman stands. “Any one else?”

The blond haired man watched as Xia was given one last chance to look at the book. It’s possible she might learn something new. But if not, the barbarian was sure Jacobson had a contact who could.

Once the business of the book is taken care of, Kriger will order his lunch and partake in it. Afterwards, he plans to collect his share of the reward and get cleaned up. Then he will assist in selling any left over treasure the group has.

Free Action:
Move Action: Move to F4
Standard Action: Search door, to see if it can be opened: take 20 searching door if it can be opened, or is locked: perception +5

Current AC: 17 ( 13 Flat-footed / 15 Touch )
Current HP: 27/27
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in Effect:
Rage Rounds Left: 6 of 6 per day
Arrows(Shortbow): 40/40
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 am

Maylor nods and hands the derro's ledger to Xia, "Certainly. If you can read it, then perhaps I will not need to find a translator."

Xia looks through the pages and cannot make any sense of the words. It is not a language she knows.

The Chairman accepts the book back and says, "I shall see you later with your payment."

-~-~-~-

After lunch Maylor Jacobson returns and has the 250 gold coins apiece for your services in recovering the artifact and hopefully putting a stop to the kidnapping and slavery plaguing the city.

OOC | Show
Go ahead and post an exit and summary of activity for the next few days IC. Then you can join this thread: viewtopic.php?f=399&p=244084#p244084
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 am

Kriger enjoyed his hearty meal and ale while making small talk with the others. Once Maylor Jacobson had returned with their payment, the barbarian bid the others farewell. He returned to his room to stow his earnings and clean himself up a bit. The blond haired man then went and just wondered around town for the rest of the day as he let his mind wander.

Over the next few days, Kriger rest and relaxed while waiting for another job or mission. He spent lunch and evenings in the common room listening to stories of the old timers, while the days were spent out in the city.

Going to keep gold for now. 1227.4 added to sheet
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Xia Galondel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Xia joins the others on their outings to purchase and sell items that they wish to aquire. She enjoys the small town feel and not being hunted by giant spiders, rats, or strange underground denizens.

The second day it is late when an elven sailor comes into the barroom of the Wayfinder's and seems to spot Xia and rushes back out... a yelling can be heard and several moments later five of the elves walk into the Chapter House. One of them, a little more well dressed than the others approaches Xia.

Seeing the group of elven sailors Xia is at first taken aback, but stands as the lone elf approaches. "It is good to see that you are well, Xia. It is your parents, both have fallen ill to... something. You must come, the Serpent is only a few days travel from here."

Xia is struck and then shakes herself to her senses, "Of course. Let me get my things..."

The elf nods and turns to the others, "Return to the docks and make ready, we leave upon my arrival."

Xia returns a few minutes later, all her belongings with her, she nods to the elf and he leaves the Wayfinders... Xia stops in the doorway and looks back to everyone about the establishment, talking, laughing, enjoying one another's company. With a long sigh she turns and is off into the night...
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 am

After the meal with his new friends is done Frakas graciously accepts his share of the fee from Maylor. His little hand wraps around the neck of the sack of gold as he tests it's weight by shaking it up and down. "I likes me gold, tha' be fer sure!" He blurts out with a chuckle to boot.
"I be looking forward ta working with ye all again effen we be getten tha chance." He nods to Maylor. "Hopefully I'll be seeing ya too."

With that said he goes back to his room spending time cleaning his weapons and mending little bits of this and that. After every battle it seems something needs mending. Once his armor and weapons are all clean and in serviceable condition he pulls out a wetstone and sharpens his already sharp dagger. Sonja spends this time laying at the foot of his bed catching up on some nap time.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kelvin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Kelvin took his payment quietly with a small seated bow, and then decided to retire for the day and get some rest. He hadn't had a full day, but being beaten up as badly as he had been takes a lot out of one, even if the wounds had mostly closed up by that point.

The introverted half-orc then spent the next few days spent alternating between tinkering with his alchemy kit during the day, taking only temporary breaks to appear momentarily in the common room before taking his meals back up to the cramped room he had found himself in. He was making progress on an experiment he had been working on prior to doing the sewer job, and by his estimate it wouldn't be long before he saw some results. There was something he was missing, though, and knowing his own mind, it would take a few days of sleeping on the matter before the solution would suddenly strike him like a bolt out of the blue.

In the late evenings, when his eyes were getting blurry and even one as industrious as he was sick of working in such a cramped working space, he would throw on his voluminous overcoat and go for long walks outside to clear his head and just let his thoughts percolate on their own. He enjoyed walks in the early morning best, but by his estimation he usually encountered less people out and about at such times of night. That, and with his long collar pulled up in the fading light he could feasibly pass as simply a tall human out and about, and with his keen night-eyes he could more easily keep his distance from those who might get too close or might be skulking about for less than noble reasons.
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 am

OOC: Thread is closed. No reason to keep it open.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller