WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:00 am

Maylor Jacobson appears a short while later, his spurs heard jangling on his booted footfalls coming down the stairs before you actually see him.

A quick survey around the nearly empty tavern hardly seems necessary to spot you, but he did give Katrina a hard look as he walked over.

Standing before your table, he asks, "You find what I sent you to retrieve this time?"

"I see you are here, but not in the best of health."
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Xia Galondel » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:05 am

Xia looks up from her drink with an inquisative look at the man's comment about retrieving what he had sent them to get this time. 'What is he speaking of, she asks herself.

"We found several of those derro and dealt with them. We also found a good many of the missing citizenry and travellers alike. They have been freed and are currently under the city watches care. We did discover a rat statue, whether it is the artifact or not remains to be seen. Noone cared to come into physical contact with the hideous thing." The elf motions for Kriger to present the wrapped statue from his magical bag.
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Kriger looks up as Chairman Jacobson arrives at their table. The older man has the gleam of an experienced adventurer as he looks them over. The barbarian nods at the man’s comment.

“Aye, little worse for wear. But we will live. Though, the derro we encountered are not.”

With Xia’s mention of the statue, Kriger produces the magical bag and set it’s on the table. After a moment of fumble around in it, he pulls out the hideous rat statue wrapped in one of dead derro’s cloaks. The barbarian sets on the table, and uncovers enough for the chairman to view.

“My opinion is destroy the ugly thing.”

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action: Move to F4
Standard Action: Search door, to see if it can be opened: take 20 searching door if it can be opened, or is locked: perception +5

Current AC: 17 ( 13 Flat-footed / 15 Touch )
Current HP: 27/27
Current Weapon in Hand: greatsword
Conditions in Effect:
Rage Rounds Left: 6 of 6 per day
Arrows(Shortbow): 40/40
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Kelvin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:48 am

kelvin sips at his milk thoughtfully, and then purses his now milk-mustachioed lips as he considers the unwrapped statue

"Destroying it is one course, indeed. To momentarily play devil's advocate here though, it is much less of a threat up in the light of day, and with the conniving Derro and Mites now dead. Up here I wonder if your town could make good use of such an item, handled by a trusted individual in an official capacity of course, but in the peoples' name rather than against them. I'm sure merchants of foodstuffs would be thrilled to be thoroughly rid of any pest problems, at a fee of course. Just ah, a thought, I would mull it over, were I you...."

He then gives Maylor a tentative smile and begins adjusting his coat idly.
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:02 am

Maylor Jacobson looks at the artifact, steps around the table to check it from a few different angles and then harrumphs. He doesn't appear to eager to touch it himself.

Still looking at the jet rat he says, "Katrina, have someone bring me a sack if you please." The plump half-elf sends a barmaid into the kitchen.

"I suppose it is not necessary to actually touch until we get someone to look it over. I think I know a trusted mage that will be able to examine it. Then we can destroy it or lock it away."

"Did you all find anything else with it? Did you happen to see it in use or anything?"
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Xia Galondel » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:52 am

"I do not believe that we saw the derro actually take it up and invoke any magical properties from the artifact, but we did encounter an unusual number of larger than normal rats. The creatures seemed to be under the command of something, as they fought to their death. If we had perhaps invaded a nest, i might consider such an action as defending their home. While not definitive, if I were to make a guess, I would say that was one such power of the artifact." The elf says in response to the chairman's query.
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Frakas nods to Maylor as he approaches. He lets the others talk for a bit, but chimes in with Xia. "Aye them Derro be a nasty bunch, it'ell bee too soon for I wanna be seeing them buggers again efen ye asken me."

Sonja gets bored with all the conversation and lays down next to the Gnomes dangling feet stretching out her long legs and letting out a high pitched yawn.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 am

Maylor nods with a frown of consternation, "Yes, it is well that the derro are dealt with. Slavers in the city's underground that are capturing citizens are very problematic and I am happy that you put a stop to it."

"Dire rats in the sewers, that is not so uncommon. But, you think there was a connection to them and this artifact. The derro were using this to control them?"
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kelvin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 am

Kelvin shrugs slightly at Maylor's question " I don't know that we saw it being used directly, but I can further attest to the rats behaving rather unnervingly unlike they would naturally. We didn't just encounter aggressive rats in their native habitat, we were ambushed and almost surrounded by what felt like a directed and coordinated effort by multiple independent giant rodents and a swarm of the smaller variety to boot. A combination, that I really must assume to be exceedingly unlikely under normal... non-magical circumstances, that is."
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kriger » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Kriger leaned back from the table as the chairman examined the idol artifact. Just looking at it now, gave the barbarian the creeps. Despite what Kelvin had suggested, the blond haired man still thought it best to destroy the artifact.

At Mayors’ questioning, Kriger furrowing his brows thinking back on the battle. The barbarian couldn’t recall anything precise, but he nodded his agreement that the rats seemed to have been controlled.

“There were also the mites. Little boogers they were. Not sure that is relevant. We did find another rat mosaic in the floor down there. Oh, and there were the two humans we encountered before descending to the abandoned city level. They seemed out of place, but perhaps part of the slave ring.”

Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Conditions in Effect:
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 am

Veric gestures to Kelvin, "We did find a book that we could not read. Maybe that will shed some light on things."

The cleric had been silent, but he was not sure why they were failing to mention the book found in the derro's room. He figures that Kelvin just forgot.

"Oh, we also found several cages of regularly sized rats in cages where the derro had this artifact. Mayhap that means something as well. Those rats were not your typical dire rats. We had fought those before. These were much tougher and about twice the size."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:11 am

Maylor nods, "Hmmm, well there was a connection between those cultists you defeated and the derro. So I am not particularly surprised."

"If you would hand over this book, I can have someone look at it. Perhaps it will be useful in determining the functions of the artifact. Maybe it will explain the creature's behavior too."
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am

Frakas face lights up at the mention of the book. "Aye! I be forgetten tha' dern book we be finding." He says with a snap of his fingers. "I must be loosing me memory in me old age, har har har!" He muses, although at nine and fifty years old he is not even middle aged for one of Gnomish blood.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kelvin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Kelvin colors a bit at the mention of the book, the item that he himself had been so focused on and yet still managed to forget that it might be relevant to report , his face turning an odd mixture of grey-green and red.

"Oh yes, that, I was thinking we'd get that book looked at, I am particularly interested in what it might have to say, so while you should by all means go right on and take it, please do let me know what you find out, if you do find anything that is..."
Kelvin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kriger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Kriger nods and frowns as he too had forgotten about the book. He hadn't been focuses much on it, but it is still an important detail of their trek to the sewers.

"Yeah, those rats were tough. "
Kriger adds to Veric's thoughts on those rodents they had encountered.

"Anything else you can think of that we forget, Veric?" the barbarian asks the cleric sincerely. The holy man certainly had a better memory than most of them at the table.

Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:

Conditions in Effect:
Kriger
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller