WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:35 am

In the Society Chapter HouseLater in the day things pick up, the mood is joyous at the Society's success. Those of you returning to spend the night in the rooms upstairs do not see Maylor Jacobson at all during the evening. But Katrina is always around, partial drunk and serving up the ale and wine. Vivianne also makes an appearance and sings a few songs for everyone's enjoyment.

The next day, you gather around and restlessly wonder if the Chairman will have news about what you learned yesterday.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: WS Grp A: Cassomir's Locker

Postby Basnite » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 am

Basnite followed the others to the market, after making sure Fangs was healed properly, and given a nice fat steak for his help during the previous adventure. The gnome located a nifty magical necklace to increase his defenses, and a shiny new morningstar, that although not magical, was extremely well crafted.

"I like the cut of the jib of the newcomers, Fangs. Another gnome is always welcomed, and there are a couple of critters that you can wrestle around with when things get boring. Sonja looks tough, though, let me warn you."

The next day, Basnite gets to the assigned meeting spot early, waiting on the others to gather around him.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Veric » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 am

Veric is out in the city most of the evening, but returns to the chapter house for several rounds before retiring for the night. His scalemail cast off in favor of a breastplate covered in a simple tan surcoat, his dusty brown traveling cloak around both. He comes down the stairs looking refreshed, washed, and in good spirit, whistling a tune that sounds like a juxtaposition of a couple of the songs Vivianne had graced the chapter house with. He does not do the tunes justice.

Nodding to the gnome, the Caydenite has a seat, arranging to break his fast. "Alright, Basnite? Fangs is looking better."

Noncombat block | Show
After resting and morning prayer Veric would like to cast read magic to decipher his new scrolls.

Spell Selection: Orisons: (Read Magic, Light, Stabilize)
1st Level: (Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil(D))

He stores his old mace and his scalemale in his room upstairs instead of selling them just yet.
Veric
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Frakas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am

Frakas takes his time searching through all the shop keepers wares. He does take this time to stock up on travel rations and other items he thinks might come in handy in the future. He spies a ball of string and holds it up to the shopkeeper. "This can be coming in handy, ya never be konwing when a bit o string when ya be needing it." He says after making his purchase from the kindly shopkeeper.

Once the shopping is done and they arrive back at the inn he heads upstairs after downing a few mugs of ale and giving a couple more toasts.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kriger » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Kriger had treated himself well with his share of the gold. His trip to market netted the barbarian a finely crafted chain shirt that would provide a little bit more protection than his old studded leather. The blond haired man also managed to find a magical ring that offered a small protection bonus as well. All of which would help Kriger survive on the front lines. Put together with the heavy flail he picked up from the loot, and the barbarian felt ready for whatever challenge is sent his way.

So it was much gusto that Kriger entered the wayfarer's chapter house. With a grin, he spies the others from yesterday and quickly joins them at the table.

"Ho, every one have a good night? We ready to tackle whatever evils that the wayfarer's sends our way?"
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Xia Galondel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Xia is one of the last of the group downstairs, having taken the time to study her spellbook before making her way to the taproom. The small owl immediatly making for the rafters once again where she starts to look about the room.

"Good morning." she says as she approaches the bar and places a breakfast order of orange juice and some fruits. She returns to the table of the group and sits.

spoiler: show
Previously rolled but nothing provided yet. Knowledge (History or Local) on Derro (specifically in the area, but general info helps as well) 1d20+8=25

Initiative: +7 Perception: +9 (+11 w/familiar)
Current AC: 13 (10 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 12/12 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a
Conditions in effect: Flexible Enhancement +1 to Con
Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Jolt ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+1) Charm Person (s) Grease, Mage Armor, Silent Image.
Splintered Spear (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Tramon Pegason » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 pm

After a long night of drinking, singing, and telling tales, Tramon was not quite ready to wake. Nevertheless, he arose early too meet up with the group. The monk groggily walked downstairs and sat heavily in a chair at the table. He slid his sack of his back and began uncorking a bottle of Dwarven Stout he had. The dark, heavy flavor filled his mouth, and his belly. "Heheh, I may look a little groggy now, but its nothing a little Dwarven Stout can't fix!" Tramon remarked to Kriger. "When can we expect the Chairman too come by?"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 am

At the Chapter House tavernImage
Katrina walks up, delivering some food and drink that you ordered, "Good day to you, dearies. I think Maylor will be down shortly."

"Just let me know if you all need anything more."

The friendly sets the mugs, bowls, and pitcher on the table. She takes her own mug in hand and tucks the round serving tray under her arm. Drinking heartily, she moves off on her business.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 am

In the Society Chapter HouseA short while later, Maylor Jacobson comes clomping down the stairs, spurs jangling as well from his riding boots. He is not smiling this morning, but he nods to himself and approaches your table.

Without preamble he starts talking, "Good, you are all here."

"My friends, the Countess Arieta Patrizia, is dead. She escaped her capture by the fiends who operate beneath the city only to succumb to disease and wounds incurred in Theissia’s disgusting sewers. Ordinarily, this would be a matter for the Theissian authorities, but Arieta came to me directly after escaping and recounted a story that leads me to the natural conclusion that only the Wayfarerer Society can resolve this issue."

“Arieta told me of an artifact she saw while in captivity below Theissia. This artifact, called the jet rat, is known to us, but we must confirm that what she saw is indeed true. She claims to have seen it transform normal rats into something bigger, more vile and mean. If that’s true, the artifact she saw down there is old, evil, and should be stored safely in the vaults beneath the Grand Lodge in Absalom where we can study, catalog, and examine it."

"Worse, she claims to have seen this object in the hands of the derros, vile Darklands creatures that we have long suspected are responsible for the Theissian kidnappings. I have a map here that shows the location of the sewer grate Arieta was dropped through when she was kidnapped. She could not, due to her illness, recall much about how she got to the location where they kept her in captivity, but she knows where they dropped her into the sewers and you’ll find that location on this map."

"Bring us back this artifact—if you happen to free a few captured citizens along the way, that’s good news, but the artifact is your mission. Any questions?"
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 am

"Oye back ta the sewers ye say?" Frakas does not sound enthused about having to head back into the stinky underbelly of the city.
"Well there be evil down there an it saddens me ta hear tha the lass didna make it." Genuiune sorrow is reflected in his voice. "Tis always painful when a life gets cut short."
Shaking his fist for emphasis his voice gets louder as he gets riled up."I be wan-en ta give them buggers a lil payback then!"
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Xia Galondel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm

"That is rather disturbing news." Xia comments. "So these derros do have some sort of stronghold beneath the city then?"

"Might we expect any other support?" the elf asks.

spoiler: show
Initiative: +7 Perception: +9 (+11 w/familiar)
Current AC: 13 (10 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 12/12 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a
Conditions in effect: Flexible Enhancement +1 to Con
Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Jolt ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+1) Charm Person (s) Grease, Mage Armor, Silent Image.
Splintered Spear (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Kriger nods the new elf and the monk from the previous day. The blond haired man gives Tramon a look considering the hour and the fact that he’s already started drinking, but keeps his mouth shut and shrugs. It is one way to cure a hangover…

Before the barbarian has a chance to answer about the chairman, the man himself is heard clomping down the stairs from his office and is soon upon their table. The new information and new charge has Kriger’s attention, and he is glad for it. Yesterday’s battle, although successful, did not provide closure on the kidnappings.

Kriger gives his condolences over the countess’s death. Another innocent claimed by this derro situation.

“A rat artifact, you say?” The blond haired man is thinking on the rat mosaic beneath the warehouse yesterday. The two must be linked. “Are these derro’s rat god worshippers?”

Kriger then turns to Frakas. “Back? Sounds like you’ve been down there before. Have any advice to share? I’m not fancying a trek into the dark sewers as much as the next man, or woman. But it sounds like we have no choice in the matter.”
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Tramon Pegason » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

A trip to the sewers! How disgusting... Tramon thought, frowning. Nevertheless, he knew that duty was calling. He would not decline the job, but he certainly didn't like the sound of it. "Aye, give the greenhorns the sewer work I see." Tramon said laughing.

As Frakas mentioned having visited the sewers already, Tramon's attention was perked. He leaned in and listened intently to what Frakas had too say.
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 am

In the Society Chapter HouseMaylor nods appreciatively at the gnome warrior's and barbarian's reactions.

Looking at the elven woman, he replies, "There are rumors of a city down there. But based on facts, we cannot be sure how many there really are. It is quite clear that there is definitely a fair number of them making Cassomir's Locker their lair now though. You all want to Wayfinders, don't you? What more support do you think you need, lass?"

"I don't think worshipping rats has anything to do with it. However, that crazy priest of the Cult of Nature’s Cataclysm some of you captured yesterday was involved with them, so who knows. While we’re not going to discount their involvement either, the Countess didn’t describe any human involvement. She saw only derros, rats, and a few creatures she could not name and I could not identify."

"It matters little, though. If they can build and control a rat army, that is what must be stopped before it gets out of hand and becomes a real menace."
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 am

Talking out of the side of his mouth but keeping his eyes on Maylor in respect he replies back. "Me en sum others be rooting out a band a pirates using the sewers ta transport illegal cargo."
After a moments pause in thought he continues. "Aye I not be hav'n good advice except bring a light and don't be wearing ya Sunday's best laddies."

Frakas addresses Maylor again. "We'll Sonja be good at catching the rats n all, an I be good at stomping 'em. So I be ready ta take on this task Lord Maylor."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Next

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller