WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 am

Kriger smiles as the newcomers take their seats. The elf is rather fine looking, and declared herself a wood elementilist. The barbarian didn't know much about the arcane arts, and figured she is one with nature. Especially with an owl companion. Either way, new companions are always.

"I'm Kriger, a woodsmen come to the city to find fame, future, and poke evil in the eye. And as the cleric has said, we have some items that need identifying from our encounter this morning freeing the captured citizens."

With that, opens the sack with the groups loot and reveals the half plate armor that had been identified as magical. The blond haired man also pulls out the unidentified potions and sets them on the table as well.

"We got this off a defeated cleric that was running a slave ring. The bastard's locked up by town guards nows, but his armors is up for grabs. Anyway, see anything special about it? There are also these potions."
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Basnite » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Basnite looked up at the sound of the animal in the ceiling. "Oh, I didn't even notice the owl. How fascinating...a wolf, cheetah, and an owl. What a menagerie. I'd keep Fangs and Sonja away from the owl, just to be safe, I'd think. Fangs, please make a note to leave it alone," Basnite says, pointing to the cute little owl.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Xia Galondel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm

"I can take a look." Xia comments to Kriger. She concentrates a moment and casts a simple cantrip with a few words spoken in elven. She then begins to examine the armor. "My apologies, but I am not able to tell you what the armor or several of the potions are at this time. If given a chance, I can make another attempt on the morrow?"

The owl above within the rafters above looks down and seems to watch over the cheetah and wolf with some interest.

spoiler: show
Spellcraft check to determine magical properties:
Half-plate armor 1d20+11=12 Not able to determine anything
Potion 1d20+11=14 Not able to determine anything
Potion 1d20+11=23 Identified
Potion 1d20+11=13 Not able to determine anything
(not sure how many potions there were to look over, and my rolls sucked something fierce.)

Initiative: +7 Perception: +9 (+11 w/familiar)
Current AC: 13 (10 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 12/12 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a
Conditions in effect: Flexible Enhancement +1 to Con
Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Jolt ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+1) Charm Person (s) Grease, Mage Armor, Silent Image.
Splintered Spear (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 am

In the Society Chapter HouseImage
Gavin comes out of his stupor and looks on with curiosity as he should have been helping them more with the treasure identification.

When the elven woman fails to identify the enchanted armor, he studies it as well. "Oh, there is a minor aura of protection on it Both sets actually. They increase the strength of the plates slightly."

"And that potion is one of healing."
He points to a potion that Xia could not identify. But all of the potion vials look the same and the liquid as well. It would appear that all the potions are ones of healing.

OOC | Show
Let's just call those items all identified now. If it weren't for the players abandoning us, that would have been done with the arcane casters long ago.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Frakas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am

Frakas nods to Basnite. "Aye Sonja be good ta the owl fer sure. She be liking her playthings but she be knowing a true friend though." He says as Sonja nuzzles up to his hand at his side. He returns the cats affection by rubbing her head which makes Sonja's eye squint up in pleasure.

Frakas looks up at the owl. "Laryll it be being okay ta come down ifen ya like, nobody here will be a hurting ya." He says nicely, his rough features softened by a big friendly smile.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kriger » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

Kriger smiles faintly at the elven's try at identifying the items. Rather or not she was successful, is beside the point though the barbarian as she failed in identifying them. It is the experience that matters in the end.

Gavin then speaks up suddenly and readily identifying the items, surprising Kriger. The blond haired man eyes the mage hard, thinking why he didn't say anything sooner, and sparing the elf any embarrassment. "Deep in thought, eh?" Kriger mutters to himself, and than shakes his head. The mage isn't sticking around for adventuring, so the woodsman calmed himself.

"No matter lass," Kriger says apologiticly to Xia. "It's the experience that matters."

Looking up in the rafters at the Owl, Kriger nods with the others. "Aye, no one here would think to harm the owl. Always good to have an extra set of eyes looking around."
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Tramon Pegason » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 am

Tramon took a few long quaffs from his drink as the conversation rolled on. In his mind he was considering the situation. With his new-found wealth he figured he could buy something fairly nice, although he disdained armor or weapons. Perhaps he could pick up some potions, or even something magical. The monk also began considering what their next move could be. More fights? More friends? More drinks? Tramon was becoming excited by this adventuring, he couldn't wait to find out what would happen next.

Piping up a bit Tramon said "So where're the two of you from? What brings you to the Wayfayerer's?"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am

Frakas eyes Tramon and puts his hand to his chest. "I be from the Willow Hills, they not being too far from 'ere. Over a hill or two sorta speak." He says motioning to somewhere in the distance.
"I be part o the Dog Patrol Militia, we be a mounted force that be protecting the hills an the homes down below." He continues, clearly proud of his service to his hometown.
"I be getting some teas'n though in accounting o me hav'n a cat instead of a dog as a mount, but I not be trading Sonja for any canine. She may not be big enough to carry ma weight inta battle but she be being a good fighter and that tis no small thing." He says like a proud papa of his obviously beloved companion.

"What be your story Master Tramon?" The Gnome asks back.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Tramon Pegason » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

I traveled here from a small village called Wilhelm's Rest. My mother owned a tavern there, and I learned how to fight with my fists and drink with the best of 'em. Ha ha, I guess you could say I became a bit of a philosopher too." Tramon saids good-naturedly.
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Veric » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:19 am

Veric nods thoughtfully between light pulls of his ale. "Truth be told, I don't know much about Kriger and Basnite here either, apart from their overabundant worth by your side."

Veric taps the side of his mug with his thumb several times, furrowing his brow briefly. "Speaking of which, back in the thick of it, Basnite was speaking something strange for a while, what was that about?"
Veric
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Basnite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 am

"Ah, I suppose I could have mentioned that to you earlier, couldn't I," the gnome admits, with a smile. "I've got a bot of a curse about me. Don't know where it comes from, or how to get rid of it, but everytime something especially stressful happens, like wrestling with zombies, I can't speak in the normal tongues. I can only speak the language of the earth. I have found it it is called Terran. It seems like that is the price I have to bear in exchange for the ability to cast spells as I do. Quite strange actually." The gnome shakes his head, and continues to sip his beverage.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Xia Galondel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 pm

"My apologies, I could not be more helpful with your items. I am normally able to determine such things. My mentor said I had a gift for such things." the elven woman says in an apologetic tone.

She looks to Tramon and answers, "I was born to the sea. Traveled for and wide wherever the winds and trade would take us. I had an unpleasant experience many weeks ago and have found myself traveling the coastline. I have never been on land so long before it is an usual experience with many of its own dangers. I have been in Theissia for several days and have heard from many individuals that I should seek out the Wayfarer's and here I am." After a hoot from above she corrects herself, "Here we are."

She looks to Basnite with a concerned look, "A curse you say. That does not sounds good. Have you sought out sages, priests perhaps, in an attempt to discover what is wrong?"

spoiler: show
Initiative: +7 Perception: +9 (+11 w/familiar)
Current AC: 13 (10 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 12/12 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a
Conditions in effect: Flexible Enhancement +1 to Con
Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Jolt ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+1) Charm Person (s) Grease, Mage Armor, Silent Image.
Splintered Spear (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Basnite » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm

"Honestly, for a while I did, but with no success. I eventually gave up and learned to embrace it. The language doesn't sound that nice, but Fangs understand my hand commands, so it hasn't been that big a detriment. I haven't run into any earth elementals, or other Terran speaking creatures, so I still don't know if they can communicate with me, or me with them, if I am in battle fervor. There is still a lot, I don't know about it, I guess."
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Xia Galondel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm

The elven woman sips her ale as she listens to Basnite and when he is done his tale comments, "That is rather strange. Perhaps I can attempt to learn this language you speak, then at least someone would be able to communicate with you in such situations. Ar at least understand you"
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Kriger sets back in his chair and listens as the conversations about background and Basnite’s curse continue on. The barbarian smiles and he takes a sip of his ale. This camaraderie here made the whole thing worth it. Bonds forged in the heat battle in service of the greater good have the potential to last a life time.

“Eh, Basnite, your foreign tongue just makes things interesting!” Kriger adds to the conversation with a smile.

Turning to Tramon, he finally answers the monks question and shares his little bit of background. “Well, my family are woodsmen. Grew up on the backwoods, plying the family trade or at least trying too. I have a bad temper some times, and often more than naught, would get in trouble with it. So my old man suggested I come to the city, maybe cool my head a bit, and get out some the restless blood adventuring. Not much other than that”

The blond haired barbarian shrugs, taking another drink of his ale.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller