WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Postby Xia Galondel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm

At the Chapter House bar"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Katarina." She greets the bartender.

"Derro you say..." She considers the subject a moment to see what she might know of them. "Just this morning? That would be most lucrative."

"How does one join this, Wayfarer's Society?" the elven woman asks.

spoiler: show
Knowledge (History or Local) on Derro (specifically in the area, but general info helps as well) 1d20+8=25

Initiative: +7 Perception: +9 (+11 w/familiar)
Current AC: 13 (10 Flat-footed / 13 Touch)
Current HP: 12/12 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a
Conditions in effect: Flexible Enhancement +1 to Con
Spells (0-level, DC 14, (4)) Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Jolt ;
(1st level, DC 15, (2+1+1) Charm Person (s) Grease, Mage Armor, Silent Image.
Splintered Spear (Su) 7 of 7 uses per day
Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Kriger » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm

"Aye that is is my gnomish friend, " Kriger agrees with the oracle. It is a good some of money and definitely worth the risk, aside from the fact that they rescued many people from an unpleasant fate. The blond haired man watches the chairman stride off back to his office.

After a short bit, he rubs his chin, and looks at the others, "Derro? He says, whats are they?" he asks the other as he scratches his own mind. They didn't sound friendly from the looks of it.

The chairman is right about one thing. There is still plenty of daylight left for shopping and other errands. Kriger shakes his head, "I guess after we grab something to eat, we should see about identifying some of those items. And those that need healing, should probably take care of that as well."

know local check for knowing what a derro is: 1d20+1=13
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Frakas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 am

A green eyed Gnome with unkempt reddish brown hair enters the inn followed by a spotted cheetah with matching eyes. The cheetah has worn leather saddlebags strapped to it's back that swings side to side in time with the creatures gait.
The Gnome is decked out in worn travel stained leather armor, embossed on his chest is a coat of arms with a dog's head at the center. He wears a leather cap with the name Frakas embroidered on the head band. On his back is a shortbow, with a Gnomish hooked hammer at his side and a common wooden handled dagger opposite it.

He arrives at Katarina's side in time to hear her and Xia exchange greetings. "Oye Katarina, nice to be seeing ya again." He says cheerfully. He turns to Xia "Well met Xia I be Frakas, I dona be meaning to drop eaves but I heard ya intraductions and I too am looking for some adventuring. I be knowing Kriger, met him a while back, good tall fellow. Maybe I too can join in the fun."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 am

At the Chapter House barImage
Katarina smiles and replies, "Well they captured a ship pier-side last night while rescuing some kidnapped victims. This morning they found the ring-leader I guess and returned the Wayfarer that was missing."

"Dearie, you can join our Society free of charge after proving yourself. While under probation, you can still stay here on the house when conducting Society business."

"Good morning to you, hon. Nice to see you alive and well."
The friendly bartender greets the gnome.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Basnite » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 pm

"Wait a minute," the gnome mutters before patting Kriger on the back as he gets up from the table. "Just who is that," he asks no one as he walks over to the "new" gnome in the bar. "Greetings brother, who is your friend, if I might ask," Basnite says as he gestures to the animal, laid out in impressive looking barding. "How are you, buddy," he asks the animal.

OOC
Is the animal companion a cheetah or a riding dog? The text says cheetah, but the link in the sig is for a dog. Just want to be clear, on who Basnite is currently fascinated with.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Xia Galondel » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 pm

At the Chapter House barThe elven woman nods, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance Frakas."

She turns her attention to Katrina once again, "How does one go about proving themselves? I do employ the arcane arts, although I am but a neophyte."

As the other gnome approaches Frakas, "Good afternoon Sir. You saved me the trouble of approaching you and your companions. For a chance to join you, I could attempt to identify some of those items your tall companion mentioned? Are they magical in nature perhaps?"

Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 am

At the Chapter House barImage
The plump bartender does enjoy her own ale and she gestures to the table where the gnome came from, "All you need to do is conduct yourself well on assignments or quests such as those young ones, dearie. Or even like this honey here. I think Frakas has been helping some city official for us."

"How's the kitty there, hon?"
She looks over the bar at the gnome and his cheetah.

OOC | Show
It's a cheetah. ;) The link needs to be updated yet.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Frakas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 am

Frakas smiles get even bigger as he sees a fellow Gnome. "I be glad ta be seeing another uh me kind brother." He says as he reaches out a hand in friendship. "Her name be Sonja she be my companion and sometimes me mount." He says as he looks fondly at the spotted Cheetah who warms up to all the attention she is getting.

The little Gnome turns back to Katarina. "Ta kitty be doing quite fine madam." He replies looking pleased at the warm welcome he is receiving.

At Xia's greeting he replies. "Always welcome ta meeting one of the Elven kind." He says with a low bow of respect. "Well some of the good sirs over there I be knowing and some not, but I be sure any assistance you offer will be well met."

OOC
Sorry I forgot about the links, updating to Sonja the cheetah now.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Veric » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 am

Veric watches Maylor leave, his attention draws to the gnome and the elf at the bar at Basnite's introduction. Veric rises, draining the last of his ale, and goes to the bar. "I'll have another ale, please."
He casually rests an elbow on the bartop and offers a friendly smile to the gnome and the elf, not so subtly watching their interaction with Basnite.
Veric
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Basnite » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Basnite nods and offers his hand to the gnome and the lady he had approached. "Hello, I'm Basnite. And that lazy cur over in the corner if my friend, Fangs," he points to the wolf stretched out, lounging in front of the fire. "We do have sme items that might need to be looked at, young lady, if you'd like to accompany me over to our table. You too, Frakas. The drinks are just as cold with several people at the table, as they are over here. And you, too, Sonja."
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Kriger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Kriger looks up as Basnite gets up from the table. He had noticed another newcomer to the chapter house, but didn’t look up to see who it was until the gnome oracle got up from the table. Following Basnite with his gaze to see what he is about, the barbarian finally sees the other gnome and his animal companion. His eyes widen at recognition.

“Oi, is that Frakas! Get yourself an ale and join us! And bring your new lady friend too!” he shouts over to the two gnomes, cheetah and elf with owl.

“The more the merrier!” Kriger says and then turns to those new in his group and gives a quick explanation. “Frakas joined up about the same time Basnite and I did. But we went out on different errands and thus hadn’t crossed paths.”

As the new newcomers join the table, Kriger gestures for them to take a seat and signals for more ale from the bartender.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Tramon Pegason » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 am

As the Chairman stated the amount of gold they would receive, Tramon was taken aback. He was pretty sure that that was more gold than he had ever had in his entire life. I could probably buy the finest ale in this city with this loot! He thought excitedly, although he resolved to also buy something a bit more combat oriented.

Tramon was mulling over whether some good alcohol could be considered combat oriented when he noticed the newcomers at the bar. Another gnome and a somewhat mysterious looking woman had entered. Perhaps a new addition to the group? Tramon thought as he watched Veric and Basnite walk towards the bar. His thoughts were confirmed when Kriger waved them over and seemed to at least know the gnome. As the group approached the table, Tramon stood and pulled some extra chairs up for them to sit. "It's a pleasure to meet the two of you, my name is Tramon Pegason"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Frakas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Fakas smile grows form ear to ear as he receives the warm reception. He saunters over to the group, motioning to the barkeep for a drink with a tilt of his hand to his mouth as he approaches.
Once he reaches the others he hops up on a chair, which is no small effort for the chairs are all made for human sized occupants. "I be thanking ya for tha warm welcome." He says to the group, clearly pleased at his fortune.

"Pleasure ta be meeting ya Tramon Pegason, I be being Frakas Shortankard and this be me friend Sonja the spotted Cheetah. Any friend o-mine be a friend a hers and vise being versa sorta speak." He says in reply.
"Now I be being a thirsty lad, just be being done wit some adventuring and righting the wrongs of some scallywags." He says as his ale arrives and he pauses for a long drought of it. "So now I be looking for a bit o more adventure but me group had ta be going separate ways and I be in need of some partners for said adventures." He takes another pause as he downs some more of the ale, guzzling it like a man dying of thirst.
"An ta be honest I was hoping I could be joining your group, an I be thinking this lass here be wanting the same." He says referring to Xia the Elven lady.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Xia Galondel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Chapter House Barroom.Xia thanks Katrina for the information and lifts her tankard and accepts the invite, making her way to the group's table.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am Xia." There is a breif hoot from the rafters as the owl above seems to be watchful of the elven woman and she says with a smile, "That is Laryll, she is a protective one."

She takes up a chair and looks about to those gathered, "As I have mentioned to your gnomish companion, I heard talk of items to identify. If such items were of a magical nature I might be of some assistance. If given a day or more I could do such with even greater accuracy."

"Pardon me, I did not mention that I am a student of the arcane arts, a Wood Elementalist to be precise."

Xia Galondel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Veric » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Veric trails after Frakas and Xia, sitting back down at the table after them after acquiring his ale. "I'm Veric. I'm sure we'd appreciate you having a look at our baubles."

The man offers each a grin in turn, including the owl and cheetah, before tasting his brew. "And I'm typically not one for turning down a willing traveling companion."
He gives a nod to Frakas, side glancing his companions' reactions with curious eyes.

Wood Elementalist. Some sort of mystical carpenter?
Veric
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller