WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:06 am

After spending a night carousing in the inn just outside the city limits, you are all slightly hungover this morning. The short walk to Wayfarer's Society and the fresh seas air are enough to make you feel somewhat better by the time you arrive at the Chapter House.

Entering the tavern, the place is not very busy. Perhaps it is too early or most of the other crazy adventurers are out doing other tasks and quests. The plump half-elf, Katrina, is not even around working the bar.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: WS Grp A Ch3: A Rash of Kidnapping [IC]

Postby Tag Urit » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:02 am

Coming through the door entering the tavern the tall grey elf brushs off his sleeves as if it would make him look more proper. Looking about the room a grimace of concern takes hold on his face.

" Hopefully everyone else is hung over and not occupied with all the jobs. After last night it would be nice to have a new task to set focus to. Perhaps one that requires aiding beautiful women, ay Quorthon?" Tag's grimace turns to jest as he finishes the statement, a smile alighting his countenance.

Walking towards the bar he glances around to see if there is any sign of Maylor Jacobson.

~Ugh cant think. Hopefully there is something to think about other than this headache.~
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Quorthon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 am

The walk through town has done much to revive Quorthon's spirits as he reenters the taproom. He looks around at the nearly-deserted bar. "A man can only hope, Tag Urit. Where the hell is everyone?"
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Kriger » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 pm

The walk to town did much for Kriger's hangover. The fresh air and probably being upright and active did wonders on the barbarian. By the time he and his fellow companions reached the Wayfarar's chapter house, the big blond haired man was starting to get hungry and thirsty for water.

Entering into the common room with the others, Kriger glances around and makes note of the lack of people. No Patrons at this hour was probably undoubtedly common, but the lack of at least the half-elf Katrina was usual.

Shruggin his shoulders, Kriger says, "It's still early yet. Maybe every one is sleeping. Though there should at least a be a server about..." Kriger looks around to see if there is any one about that he could order food or drink from.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 am

Elsa the barmaid is around, and soon she comes out from the kitchen and approaches the group, "Good morning. Would you like something to eat and drink? We have some squeezed fruit juice and some fresh baked bread."

She bids you to take a seat at a table.

spoiler: show
OOC: Just waiting on Sharn and Basnite
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Basnite » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:30 am

Basnite rolls into the establishment. "Good morning, gents," the gnomes nods as he sits down at the table, and started looking for some grub.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Kriger » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Taking the offered seat, Kriger smiles up at the serving wench. The last reminants of the barbarian's hangover leave the man famished and thirsty. "Aye, I'll take some of the fresh bread and juice. What's the news this morning?" Kriger asks.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:09 am

Elsa the barmaid nods, "Sure thing, I will get them for you."

"So far it is quiet today, the Chairman is working upstairs in his office. Katrina should be here soon, she might be sleeping in."

spoiler: show
OOC: Just waiting on Sharn now
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Tag Urit » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:58 am

"I shall take some bread as well, though save the juice I'll have water." Tag requests as he sits at the table.

He turns the chair around so he can lean over the back. It was more comfortable to lean forward than it was to lean back, easier to stay propped up too. Glancing around the room he seemed dismayed at how slow the tavern was. Granted it was still early, it somehow lacked the air of the previous night.

~Perhaps it is because the attractive drow wasnt about...~
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Sharn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Strolling in late, Sharn pulled up a chair to the rest of the group. "I'll spare the question of who else has a headache; if you don't after last night I'll tap your head to make you feel part of the group. So, any word yet?"
Sharn Eliassa -Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Sharn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 am

Elsa the barmaid smiles and says, "I will be right back with your food and drink." She heads off to the kitchen, leaving you alone for awhile with only a few other quiet patrons scattered in the corners minding their own business.

A few moments later the heavy boots and spurs jangling can be heard of a man descending the stairs from the second floor.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:15 am

Turning to see the source of the noise, the five of you see a muscular man of average height coming from the stairway and into the tavern proper. He is mature looking, gray in his beard and hair, but not yet past his prime and carries himself like a seasoned warrior. He is followed by a teenage boy.

He is dressed in fine clothes of dark gray or black, the trim bright red and gold. Around his neck is a medallion of gold and silver, the crest matching the symbol on the banner behind the bar and worked into the wood of the doors and strapped around his waist is a finely crafted longsword and he is wearing riding spurs on his boots.

Tag and Quorthon recognize him for the Society Chairman.

With his spurs jangling, he heads towards your table, "Good morning. For those I haven't met, I am Maylor Jacobson. Chairman of the Wayfarer's Society Council."

"I see that you all made it back in one piece."
His appraising eyes look at each one in turn, they are cold and serious. "It is well that you are here."

"One of our own has been kidnapped. A Society member named Cestis was taken just days ago from a relics auction in the Theissia Naval Shipyards, and we believe his disappearance to be related to the six dozen or so kidnappings of the last several months. Now that one of our own is missing, this has become a Society matter, something we’ll get to the bottom of."

"You all interested in taking this on?"
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Quorthon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Dragging his eyes away from the serving-wench, Quorthon nods. "So long as you can front me a guarantee of room and board for awhile, the cause seems just and I'll help any way I can... but I can't speak for these lads though." He looks over towards the kitchens and gets a hard, distant look in his eyes. "Kidnapping is a coward's tool and leads to ransom and slavery or worse; I won't abide it--I'll do this alone if I have to."
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Sharn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Sharn looks pensive. "You say kidnapping but didn't mention a ransom ... doesn't sound good. Slavery or something worse is likely. I'm more than game."
Sharn Eliassa -Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Sharn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kriger » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 am

Kriger nods in greeting to the Society's chairman, and remains silent through his explanation.

After a moment, the barbarian says, "Aye count me in too. You don't have to be undead to be a fiend and slavery should be dealt with just as harshly." Turning to those that have not answered yay or nay, Kriger stares at them daring them to decline the offer.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller