WS Grp A Ch2: On Our Way to Weeping Widow Road [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A Ch2: On Our Way to Weeping Widow Road [IC]

Postby Kriger » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:43 am

After ensuring that Sharn will be alright, Kriger gathers up what sell-able belongings the fiend had before the group heads back to the inn. Taking an offered wineskin, Kriger wets his throat with a pull as well before handing it to the next person. It was a shame about Keanu leaving, but it is what it is. Adventuring was not for every one.

The bard's song did much to raise the Krigers spirit of near defeat and death. By the time the group reached the inn, the barbarian was grinning ear to ear over the victor the party had over the undead fiend.
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Basnite » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Even though the gnome was half dead, on the trudge back to the town, he found himself tapping his heavily armored feet to the rhythm of the bard's song. He was almost sprinting as they got closer to the inn and cold drink. "Can't wait to sleep in a bed for a change, gentlemen...
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Tag Urit » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:27 am

Bringing up the rear, Tag hums along to match Quorthon's melody.

This first job was a success. Managing the killing blow myself, and the singer ensuring the others lives. Surely we will be given another chance after proving our worth.
Tag thinks as he marches with the others back to the inn, a grin across his face as he hums.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby latvius » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 am

The innkeeper meets you at the door, unlocking it as you approach. "Come, come. You all loosk in bad sshape, buth alive meanths you won the day." He says with a hopeful look in his eyes. "You're welcome thoo eat and drink and resth for as long asth you want, free of charge."
Playing
Xan Chow-Huan in The Adventurers Guild
Dan Givins Dept 7
Frakas in Adventures of Golarion
latvius
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kriger » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:21 pm

"Ah, here we are" Kriger says warmly as the group enters the tavern and takes a seat at a table. To the barkeep, "A round of ale for every one and bring a pitcher for the table!"
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby latvius » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:36 am

The barkeep brings the ale, along with a pitcher of more for the table. After putting the mugs down the barkeep stokes the hearth fire up with a few more logs bringing light to the dimly lit establishment.
Playing
Xan Chow-Huan in The Adventurers Guild
Dan Givins Dept 7
Frakas in Adventures of Golarion
latvius
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sharn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Floating in dreams of neither here nor there, Sharn at one point thinks to himself, I live? before drifting into darkness once more.
Sharn Eliassa -Currently NPC'd by Admin-PMiller
Sharn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Quorthon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Quorthon's repertoire of drinking games and songs is impressive, and he carouses and entertains until fairly late into the night--though he knows everyone probably needs a good night's sleep more. He'll doff his armor and curl up with some furs near the fire at about midnight, wishing there had been some shapely female accompaniment at the inn instead of just a lispy barkeep.

Hopefully that elf Anna can't give me the fire-pox if it's just a dream, heh.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Kriger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:32 pm

After securing the ale and table for the group, Kriger makes arrangements with the barkeep for a healer to see to Sharn. Once seeing to the well being of his comrade, Kriger rejoins the others at the table.

Picking up the his ale mug, Kriger downs the entire drink in about 30 seconds. Letting out a sigh, "ahh that hit the spot." the barbarian takes his seat and pours himself another drink from the pitcher before eying the two newcomers. "So friends, what's your story?"

spoiler: show
Wasn't sure the status of Sharn so I assumed his was stable but unconscious.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Tag Urit » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:19 am

" Simply put, we are looking for work. "

Tag takes a few draughts from his mug and uses his arm to wipe his mouth. Leaning back in a chair, he props his feet upon an adjacent seat.

" Personally, Im trying to make a name for myself. To have my deeds held up as great legends. Ha, so someday if any of you become great I can make claim of saving the hair of your hide once upon a time."

The grey elf lets out a hearty laugh before downing the last of the ale in his mug.

~ Keep it jovial. I just have to keep this up and not let anything slip. Gain their trust, give them aid and in like turn they should help slay any of Gorums enemies along the way.~
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Quorthon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:27 pm

OOC: My bad, I hadn't realized we were going to RP the night after the battle.

Quorthon downs his tankard in one pull, filling it again immediately from the pitcher after belching with satisfaction. "The elf has the right of it," he lilts in his strange Northern accent. "We're much the same as any other adventurers--heroic deeds of valor rewarded with treasure, booze, fame, glory, and hopefully some skirt at some point."

He takes another long pull on the ale. "I really hope that you are the Wayfinders we were sent to rescue, come to think of it--was that monster called Jaros? And what are your names? We should probably send a messenger along to the old man to let him know everyone made it, before we're all too drunk to walk."
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Kriger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:32 pm

No worries, I'm just RPing to pass the time.

Kriger eyes the elf with as he gives his simple story. The barbarian joins in with a chuckle of his own as he takes another drink from his ale. "Aye, now that is worthy cause, eh?" agrees the barbarian. "And you have my thanks for saving my hide--our hides."

The blond hairs expression goes dark for a moment as he thinks back on the night's battle. Taking another drink from his ale, he looks up to the others. "Yes, we're the ones. My name is Kriger. The unconscious one is Sharn, a ranger. The gnome is Basnite and his four legged companion is Fang. The wizard was Keanu, but as you can see he decided that adventuring wasn't cut of for him."

Shrugging his shoulders in neither judgement or condemnation at the wizards departure, Kriger continues with their tale, "Original hired by that fiend to clear out some family crypt of bandits. Turns out they weren't no bandits. Just a tomb full of undead. And then the bastard himself turned out be a ghastly fiend!" Kriger slams his mug down on the table and goes silent for a moment.

Relaxing, the barbarian smiles again, "But he's truly dead now and this is the stuff tales are spun from. So let's drink to adventure!" After a moment or two, Kriger then signals the barkeep, following Quorthon's instructions to send word to the Wayfarers Society of their status.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Basnite » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 pm

"So who was it that sent you two to save us again," the gnome asked, knowing that he probably owed someone else a round of drink as well.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Quorthon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:35 pm

The northman closes his eyes for a second, thinking, then snaps them open with the recollection. "The old Council Chairman... Jacobson, Maylor Jacobson." He takes a drink of his ale. "He said that he had heard a rumor that Jaros was planning to betray you, but he did not say who had told him. Don't know if he'd be the type to accept drinks from the likes of us though, ha!" He finishes the ale and pours himself another, though he does not immediately attack it as he did the first two.

"So you say the mauled one is a hunter, and the hooded one was a wizard; you look like a warrior," he says as he nods to Kriger, and then turns to Basnite. "Well what about you, little brother? Are you a hunter as well with that wolf of yours?"
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Basnite » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:54 am

"Gozreh gifts me in many ways, but I 'd never call myself a hunter," the gnome laughs. "Fangs here is quite proficient at that, but I am more of a friend to nature, who has some minor healing magic up his sleeve. He keeps me out of trouble for the most part. I can do a little bit of a lot of things, but none especially well, I suppose," snorting at his characterization of his abilities.
Basnite
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller