WS Grp A: OOC Thread

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS Grp A: OOC Thread

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:28 am

Please update your character sheet and mini-stats. Thanks.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Strat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:55 am

OH NO! I thought I had saved my changes. Ugh. Okay, I'll re-create the changes and be sure to save them this time. :P
Strat
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:15 am

Strat, I double checked my numbers and my total of your HP is correct. When you leveled up, your new HP were added to current total and maximum total. Newly gained HP do not start as damaged HP. ;)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Gaius » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 pm

A heads up for those that don’t know, Myth-Weavers had a database crash on their sheets and lost all changes since July 2016. I know that affected me, Strat, and Aura. Everyone could be fine.

I have updated my sheets again for the last level up.
Gaius
Hero
Hero

Postby Aura » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Well... sigh. Little late in the night to do anything for it, but, ya. My sheet is gone and I didn't write a copy to my home computer. Instead, I have Katya's...

Update: Found a large portion of her stats in a message to PM from when I was creating her. Yay? It's a start.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 pm

That's better than nothing, Aura. I had a few that needed updating and completely lost all the sheets for my IRL Pathfinder game... but that group has moved on to other things so we don't need them anymore at least.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Garm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Gaius wrote:A heads up for those that don’t know, Myth-Weavers had a database crash on their sheets and lost all changes since July 2016. I know that affected me, Strat, and Aura. Everyone could be fine.

I have updated my sheets again for the last level up.

<Sigh> Thanks for the heads-up. Of course I did not have a backup saved anywhere - a valuable lesson. Garm fortunately hadn't levelled up in a while, I think. Can I presume that we carry on as if nothing has happened, unless we discover something crucial missing in the sheets? In my case, the main thing is XP and single-use magical items (which I think I remember).
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Yeah, the big concern is the leveling and Aura's new character sheet.

I am not going to quibble about equipment since it should not have changed much or at all in 7 months. ;)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:41 pm

I think it's going to be ok, about the character sheet, PM. The 'jist' of it is that I have the base stats, so no major changes. (Turns out I finally found the source for what I sent you in Email back when too, but it's no different than what you received. It just wasn't where I thought.) However, I developed the character a bit background and whatnot directly on the sheet, so the details might change, but should stay self-consistent with the game thread.

It just got me a bit down. Facing down another data loss so soon after EN, to be honest, didn't do much for my morale. But, it's not nearly as bad, either.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 am

At least Rodrigo fessed up about his mistakes and was not a jerk about it. He also took steps to help ensure it doesn’t happen again.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Garm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi all, just to let you know I will be travelling during next week and so posting may be slightly slow for a while; I should have decent wifi access for most of it though, so any delay should be limited.
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Aura » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Is text colors for speech ok? I'm finding bold alone doesn't offset enough.

PS: There is spam to nix in Getting Started & General Discussions.
Aura
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 am

Sure color usage is fine. Some don't even use bold either, formatting their writing to separate dialog more from narrative. I personally find that easy enough to read.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Strat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm

You know, I just realized there's a possible flaw with how we are doing our positioning with the map in this game. Possible flaw, possible user error, haha.

I think this might be the only game where we actually move our tokens around? Or maybe this and one other. But here is what happened:knowing that we have to now go back and search places that we may or may not have already searched, I went back through the posts and read along to try to figure out which of the places I had searched thoroughly and which I had only done a cursory search of. I found that I described in text where I went, but didn't necessarily state the grid coordinates because I had moved on the map. But since the map is continually changing, the map I looked at represents the last position of our tokens on that map, not where I was during that post. So it was hard to tell what I had searched already and what I had not, and my description wasn't quite specific enough.

The solution, of course, is to always include grid coordinates with every post. But that won't help the immediate problem. PMiller, do you happen to have which I searched jotted down? Or would it be better for me to just go back and re-search (or search) every room in question?
Strat
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Yeah, I noticed that the Google Drawing map to allow players to move their tokens around has that disadvantage of missing historical review. It also doesn’t really provide any advantages during exploration/dungeon crawling. I stopped using it here in this game some time ago when exploring the keep.

I have restricted using those Google Drawing maps to mainly combat. Though, I am still using it for TJS because I never set up the current maps for that game in MapTools and so far it has worked okay.

The only places Strat searched thoroughly were the stables and the two ruined towers of the gate house. I know you searched the manticore nest room too, but I don’t recall how thoroughly. But that room has already been searched again anyway.

Other than the courtyard itself (which is not a floor, but actual dirt ground), I think you have not thoroughly searched the barracks floor. You all have searched some, but not the same effort to look for secret doors as other places. Standard DC for Secret Doors is DC20, and many of the Take 10s were too low for that DC.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller