WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm

"That is a very good question", Garm responded to the Captain's query about hobgoblin numbers. "We fought goblins, including worg riders, led by disciplined hobgoblins, though at the time only a small garrison was holding the ruined keep. Of course, they did have a manticore. And a minotaur... but those we fought later. Nevertheless it would seem this invasion may involve other powerful beings attracted by the hobgoblins' reputation for military strategy. At the moment all we have seen are isolated war parties, but the map hints at larger numbers. "All tribes muster here under Kharn?" That certainly sounds ominous. But there was no evidence those tribes had already arrived in the vicinity of the keep."

"Unfortunately we do not have any more information as to where their main forces are presently located. Perhaps the tribes are still assembling? Or possibly already on their way towards us? It would be worthwhile finding out more intelligence..."

He let the question hang while looking at his friends, assuming that their services might, in time, be required here.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 1/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel Positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

After Garm's assessment, Zeldana adds, "Barring some sort of scouting, I can't see any way of estimating their numbers. I can add this, however--this is a plan long in the making. The footwork it takes in coordinating multiple tribes is significant. In that time, this Kharn person has had time to gather information on those he would kill, and the towns closest to his location would be easiest for him to estimate the strength of. I don't mean to sound the doomsayer, but rest assured, when he comes here, it will be on his terms...."

With that, the mages voice drops off and she looks down at the map. Zeldana gently taps the location corresponding to Drellen's Ferry and sighs. Looking up, she admits, "And, we have no idea when. Could be tonight, could be a week from now. Unfortunately, their leader did nothing but scream insults at us until his death, so we did not learn very much from him."


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Gaius nodded in agreement, “Aye, would that we already had accounting of their forces. However, the numbers already sent to the afterlife have been significant, yet not more than scouting by assessments.”

“The map recovered shows their intent to march in conquering the entire region. All the tribes would be an army of significance, and one they believe will succeed if bolstered with heavier troops like minotaurs.”

“Our intention, barring other guidance, was to possibly return to the keep this afternoon to spend the night and be ready to venture further north to investigate. But word needs be sent eastward to warn the folk of the coming invasion.”


Actions | Show
Talking

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Gaius' last statement elicits something of a sigh from Zeldana, although she doesn't clarify it. Instead, she agrees, "Yes, ultimately, the big unknown is the extant of the enemy forces, so that is the area that needs attention." She taps the point of the map where the congregation of tribes is to happen. "The question is, can we get a direct approximation, here? Or will we have to settle for more indirect evidence?"


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 am

Kirger was silent during the meeting with the Captain. The others were doing an excellent job at explaining the map and threat they have uncovered. The blond haired man was also pleased that the Captain would send word further east and to the Lord of the area.

"Tribes would indicated hundreds likely, perhaps more. Either way, if we head north from the keep, we are sure to find evidence of this army. And if not, we can always do something about that bridge at Skull Gorge to slow them down."

"Unless, Captain, you can think of a better use of our time."

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 25/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:19 am

As Kriger speaks, Zeldana traces her fingertip over the map, sliding over towards the Skull Gorge bridge and circling it shortly after he mentions it. Lifting her finger from the map a moment, she looks at it a moment, then returns her attention to his words. A worries expression darkens her face as the implications of what he is saying begin to sink in.


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron