WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Gaius accompanied the young woman outside the shop to rejoin the others. He smiled and nodded in agreement. “Such a thing as a carpet that was enchanted to fly would be well received and provide much advantage.”

“Facing dragons or other flying beasts is to be expected in dealing with the menace that approaches this land. Would that you could acquire one, our group would be willing to pay significant coin to see that it be done.”

He patted Justiel’s neck in greeting when he collected his mount and walked him to where the others were waiting. Seeing the ferry making its way across the river, he mentioned about stopping at the livery stable for a decently trained warhorse for Zeldana.


Actions | Show
Accompany Zeldana

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Catching the conversation as it flees to the hypothetical, Zeldana smiles and nods, "We can begin with a horse that is easy to ride and doesn't spook easily, and deal with the rest if it ever comes up. I tend to think fantastical thoughts out loud too much for my own good." The magician falls quiet as they wait for the group waited for the ferry, still wading its way to them. Not taking her eyes off the craft, Zeldana adds, "Thank you, by the way. Having someone who understands the trade should help keep the merchants honest."

Looking down, Zeldana notices she is fiddling with her scarf, finger tracing the writing by feel as she chats. With a bit of a self-disgusted look, she quickly stuffs it back between her other layers of clothing and resumes the wait for the ferry as it draws nearer.


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Gaius gave the young mage a smile, “Think nothing of it, counsel was freely given with no obligation expected. These townsfolk proved to be honest and grateful for our presence.”

“Our venture across the river was to investigate the troubles coming, and no doubt they shall be more concerned given our news. They would not deal unfairly while we aid in their defense,” he added gravely.

“Strat, shall we stick together in seeking out the Captain and Speaker? Or shall we split up to find them faster and look to purchasing Zeldana’s horse? Hmmm…” The big man looked thoughtful as Justiel snorted in answer. He rubbed the destrier’s muzzle.

“We have not discussed what we are doing the rest of the day, have we? While it is mid-afternoon, we could had back out again today and spend the night at the keep to get a better start in the morning. Also, we could find some more goblin riders and hobgoblin patrols returning there for us to kill.”


Actions | Show
Accompany Zeldana

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:03 pm

As Gaius and Zeldana returned from inspecting the horses at the nearby stable, Garm fidgeted impatiently in the saddle, wishing the ferry would arrive sooner. His normally easygoing mind was full of portents of doom, fuelled by this morning's events at the keep and the hobgoblins' secret plans they now carried with them. He overheard Gaius's comments and nodded gravely.

"The people of this town have indeed been honourable towards us, as we helped them previously in their hour of need. I have no doubt they will continue to act accordingly, particularly once they hear what we have to say..."

He turned around in the saddle to face them better. "As for the rest of the day, I am normally all for spending time away from civilisation. But with so many hobgoblins about, I feel good preparations are vital. We should consider aiding the local townsfolk in their patrols so we can get at least one good night's sleep here."

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 1/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel Positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Kriger » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:04 am

Kriger had dismounted to wait for the ferry. He say there idly rubbing his horse's neck as he ponder the question of what the group should do next.

"Perhaps we should decide after we have delivered our news to the Speaker and Captain. They may have some tasks we can help with in either spreading the word of the hobgoblins plans to other towns on the map or prepping the defenses. If not, then I am all for taking the fight to the hobgoblins and try to disrupt there plans."

The blond haired man tried to picture the map they found back in the keep and think of any points in the scribbled timeline the group could maximize a disruption.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action:
Standard Action:


Kriger Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , 21 with buckler Tch 13, FF 19 , CMD 21
HP 25/46
Fort+7 , Ref +7 , Will +3
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand:
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
User avatar
Kriger
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 am

Zeldana nods, listening to each of her compatriots speak in turn. Focusing the conversation, she adds, "Obviously, the needs of the town surpass any of my personal needs. I'm well for making sure we are all present for letting these folk know the danger they are in. We can handle any further needs once that has been done." With that said, she continues to wait for the ferry. Watching it draw closer, she adds, "This is my first time traveling through this place. It's good to know the people seem fair." There seems to be a tangible wariness to her voice, despite the fact that much of the day has yet to come.


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Gaius nodded as Kriger spoke, “Aye, my friend, I cannot argue against such wisdom.”

“Patrols to hunt down any bastards lucking around the near vicinity of the town on the other side of the river could be quite necessary. We do know there were patrols out and about instead of defending that keep.”

“Though, heading in the opposite direction of the incoming hordes feels unworthy of our capabilities, even if warning the towns east of here is vitally important. Courier duty could surely be handled by someone else.”

“So, first stop we all go to report in with the Speaker and Captain Anitah.”


Actions | Show
Waiting for Ferry

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 am

~ Day 16, 17:06 – Drellin’s Ferry ~

~ At the Old Toll House ~With the group waiting, time had appeared to crawl as the ferry slowly made its way across the river. The cost to return to the town was free, being the second leg of the round trip the ferryman had said would be no cost once per day.

After 10 minutes of loading, crossing, and unloading, the group of bloodied adventurers were entering the main part of town near the Old Toll House that served as the Guard’s Headquarters, the Town Hall, the courthouse, and the jail, all together in one building.

Image
A brief inquiry learned that Captain Anitah was within and she agreed to meet with the group right away. Shown inside, she greeted the group. After a few introductions were made for Zeldana’s presence, the swordswoman inquired, “Well, what have you learned heading north on the Dawn Way?”

Map of the Witchwood | Show
Image

Map of Drellins Ferry | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      40/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        28/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       41/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       53/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:24 pm

"Well met again", Garm said, "Well, we reached the ruined keep alright, and we have tales to tell... mostly relating to the fact that the ruins were serving as the headquarters of some kind of advance force of hobgoblin invaders. Presumably the recent attacks on Drellin's Ferry were coordinated from there. Their leader warned us that "the Red Hand would crush us!", although that was right before he died. None remained alive there after we were finished."

He motioned for the others to bring Koth's map over, and kept talking as it was unrolled on a convenient tabletop.

"See, after we had defeated their leader we found this in one of the rooms. If this 'Red Hand' represents some kind of larger hobgoblin army, it would seem that this map contains some indication of their battle plans. Whoever is coordinating all this seems to have considerable forces at their command, and the ability to coordinate their actions over a large area - powerful enemies. But as the map shows, they require a number of bridges to cross the river - and they know that this crossing is here... they seem very well informed about the local terrain. More than a mere raid, it would seem they are planning an invasion."

He paused to give Captain Anitah the opportunity to absorb some of the detail in the map before commenting further, then looked at the others: "Please, have I left out anything important?"

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action :
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 1/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel Positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Listening to Garm, Zeldana adds to the commentary when he opens it up for others' input, seemingly jumping right in. "Two things worth mentioning," she begins, framing the discussion. "First, this is broader than anyone could have imagined. These plans are for the entire area, very unusual for such creatures. I wonder what is driving them. However, the more immediate issue is that this information must be sent out to the other towns in the area. Secondly, I worry the women and children of any place these beasts manage to take will be killed... if lucky. Depending on how confident you are, Captain, this place may not be safe any more. Hard decisions must be made."

With eyes falling on her, Zeldana suddenly looks a bit sheepish. "Please excuse my impertinence. At least... that's the way it seems to me." She steps back, ceding any further conversation to others, and doing her best to meld into the backdrop of the rest of her newfound adventuring compadres. Despite her completely average height, she seems to shrink in comparison to when backed up against the likes of Gaius and Krieger.


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Gaius nodded as their companions started explaining what they had found and learned. The map was the most telling thing they had found that indicated an invasion was coming to the region. “Aye, this Red Hand has shown persistent purpose to scout and raid in preparation of large forces. The leader at the keep was particularly dangerous and attempted to flee by flying away.”

“While his death shall cause disarray in the scouting based at the keep in the forest, the main army is likely still coming. Indeed, the map even has notes for what they plan by day and has some names of other leaders on it.”

“However, the note for the Ferry here says they might not have received their reports on the status of the bridge. Such a large army would need such a thing to cross the river quickly without being exposed. This town and the river would be the first line of defense against the invasion and would explain their raiding these past few days.”

“They would also be vulnerable to delays here,” he pointed to Skull Gorge Bridge on the map, “if this bridge can be held or destroyed if it cannot. Such delays of their army would allow riders to head eastward to warn other towns and perhaps call to arms the local lord’s army to defend his lands.”


Actions | Show
Talking to the captain, pointing at map

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Previous

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron