WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:50 am

~ Day 16, 14:07 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~From up in the tower, Garm found that getting the dead body down from where it had been suspended would require more height than his dwarven frame could manage. But looking out the windows and hole in the wall, he had not spotted anything unusual in the clearing surrounding the hill where the keep stood. He did not see any traffic on the road off to the east either, but trees made it hard to see.

Strat did not find any traps in the alcove. Apparently the lord of the keep relied upon the secrecy of the vault and the complex padlocks on the gates to secure his valuables.

Opening the trunk, revealed what could be the most valuable of the keep's treasures. There was a skull of a young black dragon, two dozen forest giant teeth on a thick string, an mithral chain shirt, an ornate staff about 3 and half feet long and huge-size gauntlet with spikes that appeared to be very well crafted.


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      40/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        28/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       41/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       53/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 pm

“Okay, Gaius, sounds good.”

Strat turned back to what he was doing, shaking his head at the sheer amount of interesting things. Even if several proved to be non-magical, they were unique enough to be worth something.

Now only Kriger was down here with him. He turned and motioned him forward with a tilt of his head.

“Look at all this stuff. Pretty cool, huh? I’m going to see if these things are magical.”

He cast his simple spell again and concentrated on the pile of stuff, waiting long seconds to see if simple auras would resolve into something more.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: stay put.
Standard Action: Cast detect magic and look at all items.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 pm

As Garm wandered back down the stairs looking for help with the corpse, he saw Gaius climb out of the shaft holding the crude bag, containing the lord's bones by the looks of it. He hustled over to give the cavalier a hand.

"My thanks", he said, "I will see to it that this man's spirit gets his deserved rest. But might you perhaps lend a hand with that other unfortunate soul on the rack upstairs? I'm afraid he is a bit high up for me to handle by myself."

"Also, so far there's nobody else in sight, as far as I can tell. But we had best not linger. Let me bury these poor souls and we can be on our way."

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action : Await Gaius's reaction, then hopefully return upstairs with him to get the corpse down.
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel Positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 am

~ Day 16, 14:08 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~The sword the skeleton was holding still radiated magic, as well as the gauntlets that gripped it.

Of the new items three had auras, and the one from the staff was quite strong. The mithral shirt glowed much like Kriger's breastplate.

The staff was made of white oak and carved to resemble braided bands of holly and oak boughs, twisted around a unicorn's horn at the end.

The huge-sized gauntlet was made from teeth and claws of some sort of monster; despite it being magical it looked rather primitive. Embossed on the back of the gauntlet was a distinctive symbol that looked something like a frowning tusked mouth.

The other items in the alcove appeared to be mundane.


Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      40/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        28/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       41/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       53/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Gaius » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Gaius nodded as he relinquished the bag of bones, “Aye, let’s go collect him to lay him to rest as well.”

As he was climbing back up the stairs, he suggested, “Maybe we should leave someone up here to keep watch over the country-side while we are dealing with other things. There are hobgoblin war patrols around these woods and it is possible one could return while we are still here.”

“In fact, I shall do just that after we help this unfortunate soul,” he added as they reached to top of the tower.

Using his height and strength he took care of getting the dead corpse down from where it had been strung up. Letting Garm take it back down himself, he remained to look about the windows to try spotting movement in the tree lines.


Actions | Show
Head up to top of tower to get corpse and then keep watch
Take 10 Perception

Gaius Mini-stats | Show
Perception +9, Speed 30 (20 actual)
AC 22(24), Touch 12, Flat-footed 20 (+1 Platemail) +2 w/Shield, CMD: 21
Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +3
HP 57 Current: 41
Challenge: 1/2 available
Tactician (Shake it Off): 1/1 available
Inspiring Rush: 1/1 available
Conditions in effect:

Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Morningstar (both)
Justiel Mini-Stats | Show
Perception +6, Speed 50ft
AC 22, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD: 19
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
HP 47 Current: 18

Attacks: 2xHooves (+4; 1d6+5), Bite (+3; 1d4+5) w/Power Attack
Gaius
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm

At first intent on helping Garm with the unfortunate soul upstairs, Zeldana's assistance seems minor compared to Gauis, whose strength lends itself to the job better. Heading back down, she finds that those inside the hidden treasure chamber are finding even more valuable items. Setting herself down and easing herself to the edge, she peers down as the conversation takes place. "What is that, then... five devices radiating magic auras? If you need any help fishing one enchantment from another, let me know, I can often figure those things out. Or anything else you need, really. You all seem to have this all down to a science and I'm just looking on trying to figure out what I can do." Her voice seems to trail off on that last part.


Actions | Show
None yet, but my spellcraft is +13 if it comes to identifying items.

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions Shield (?r)
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 4x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Fri May 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Strat blinked. The magical auras burned like the afterimage of the sun behind his eyes.

“Yeah, that’s right, Z,” he called up to her. “Five items. I’d really appreciate your help. I’m just a dabbler at this sort of thing. I imagine you’ve made a study of it.”

He could handle such things in a pinch, but he was really grateful to have someone with actual training and knowledge around to do the heavy lifting.

“Tell you what, I’ll gather this stuff up and bring it up so you can examine it. I’m no expert, but this staff looks particularly powerful.”

Strat edged forward, making sure there weren’t any hidden traps amongst the treasures. Then he gathered everything up, and climbed up to the top. Once there, he laid out the items side by side in front of Zeldana, so she had adequate space without any bleed over of auras.

“Okay, I’m going to head down to finish up searching,” he told her. “Yell if you need anything.”

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: see below...
Standard Action: Check for traps around each item (doubt there is, but just want to say it), then bring all items up to Zeldana. Then head back down, and work on the first gate. Search for traps first, take 20 on a +12 check. (Trap Spotter is also in effect.) Then take 20 on +12 Disable Device to open the padlock.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 am

Zeldana nods as Strat lays out the five items to be examined before her. "I'll do my best," she begins, futzing with the placement just a bit, but basically leaving them in the original layout. "The magic you use to assess devices can matter, as well. Let's take a look."

With that, the sorceress utters a magic spell, a minor variation of the more commonly known Detect Magic. Hunkering down, Zeldana stares at each item in turn, beginning with the leftmost item and working her way right. Her motions are somewhat serpentine as she slowly sways back and forth, seemingly unaware of the rest of her environment. Finally arriving at the last item, the sword, she casts another spell, most likely Detect Magic itself, and gives it a complete examination as well.


Actions | Show
Chat. Then cast Identify, take 10 Spellcraft check for the identification of all items but sword. That gives a 33 result, which covers caster level 18 items and less. Cast Detect Magic and take 10 Spellcraft check for the sword, giving a 23 result, covering caster level 8, or up to +2 enhancement bonus. Total time taken is 15 rounds - a minute and a half.

Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu May 11, 2017 4:58 am

~ Day 16, 14:13 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Keeping watch from the tower, Gaius did not see any sign of troops or returning patrols.

Strat went back to work on searching for traps and unlocking padlocks. He did not find any traps and soon had the next padlock opened to inspect the coffers. The 10 coffers were each locked and bore a coat of arms of Vraath Keep (a stylized V). The coffer locks were at least as complex as the padlocks on the gates from their appearance.

Zeldana was able to learn the secret properties of the five items. The mithral shirt and spiked gauntlet were enchanted to be slightly better than a masterly crafted item. The gauntlets would significantly increase the strength of the wearer. The glimmering sword was enchanted to have a slightly sharper blade, but also would strike cold into the foe it struck.

The staff was potent indeed, containing a limited amount of magic, but if had enough power left to heal some fatal injuries as potentially be able to even raise one person from the dead!

Treasure | Show
Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2 Strength
+1 Frost Bastard Sword (+1d6 Cold Damage)
+1 Mithral Shirt
+1 Spiked Gauntlet (Huge-sized)
Staff of Life (7 charges) - (1 Charge cast Heal Spell, 5 Charges casts Raise Dead spell)

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      40/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        28/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       41/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       53/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Garm » Fri May 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Garm thanked Gaius for his assistance, then expertly tied the human remains together using a length of rope and some more sheeting. He then proceeded to drag the smelly bundle down the stairs, leaving a damp reddish trail as he went.

Arriving at the bottom, he carefully hauled the body around the trap door, and then out of the room into the courtyard. "Now then, let us see", he said to himself as much as to the corpse, "Where shall we let you rest, whoever you are?"

He poked around the courtyard, trying to find an area that was unpaved near one of the large boulders that lay scattered about. Once he found a suitable spot, he started inspecting the various giant corpses for a suitable shard of rib or shoulder blade with which to dig.

"Lesson for next time: bring a shovel...", he muttered as he attempted to dig a hole next to one of the boulders. He intended to deposit the bodies in the hole, then push the boulder on top of them to discourage further unwanted attention.

Actions/Rolls | Show
Free Action:
Swift Action:
Move Action : Drag the corpse down the stairs, then find a suitable place with soft ground in the courtyard for both bodies (N21 for example?).
Standard Action:


Combat Information | Show
Garm
Current AC: 16 (16 Flat-footed /10 Touch) INIT +0
Current HP: 21/42 remaining.
Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy crossbow
Ammo: 45 bolts
Conditions in effect: Darkvision 60ft
Spells: Detect Magic 0/1, Guidance 0/1, Read Magic 0/1, Stabilize 2/1, Cure Light Wounds 1/1, Sanctuary 0/1, Shield of Faith 1/1, Detect Evil 1/1, Entropic Shield 1/1, Create Pit 1/1, Summon Monster II 1/1, Consecrate 0/1.
Special abilities: Acid Dart 2/7, Resistant Touch 0/7, Channel Positive energy 3/3
User avatar
Garm
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sat May 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Coming down from her magical reverie, Zeldana looks the enchanted items over one more time. "I have mostly good news... at least 4 of these items seem useful. The outlier is this giant gauntlet which seems to be enchanted to make it a better weapon, and none of us seem to be a giant. However, the sword is a Frost Blade and capable of dealing magical cold damage to whomever it strikes. The Mithral Shirt is enchanted to protect more, and the metal gloves are the classic Gauntlets of Ogre Power, making the wearer stronger."

With that, Zeldana pauses, and picks up the staff, looking at it again. "The short staff here is the most potent magic, able to heal the most serious wounds with a touch as well as raise the dead, often called the Staff of Life. Pretty much intended for members of the clergy, but I can try in a pinch. The downside is it can only be used 7 times. I can tell Garm the command word, but best not to do while I'm holding the item." Peering down the hole, she adds, "Get all that?"


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Thu May 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Strat heard Zeladana’s voice drifting down from the upper level, and he paused in his work to listen to all she had to say. He shook his head.

“Wow, you got all that from those auras? I wouldn’t be able to get half that. You’re really good.”

He considered all she had to say for a few moments.

“Sounds like we should hang onto that staff and keep the charges in reserve in case someone dies. I don’t think that kind of magic is very common, so it would be great to have it in reserve.”

The thought of someone dying was kind of creepy, so he didn’t want to dwell on it. He pushed that aside.

“If we split up the other items, I’m thinking those metal gloves would be amazing for Gaius. Dunno about the sword. Kriger?”

He shrugged, then moved forward to inspect the coffers. They appeared to be locked, so he checked them for traps first, then started to work on the locks.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: see below...
Standard Action: Check for traps around each coffer, take 10 on a +12 checks. (Trap Spotter is also in effect.) Then take 20 on +12 Disable Device to open each coffer.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri May 19, 2017 3:56 am

~ Day 16, 14:34 – Vrath Keep ~

~ At the keep ~Garm found that there was not really a good place in the courtyard to bury a body, but just outside the keep was the fallow ground of a former garden that would work well enough. Particularly without a proper shovel, that might be the only place the dwarf would be able to dig a place to lay the two bodies to rest.

Kriger was not really able to help Strat, but he stayed put intending to carry the coffers up the shaft after the man had checked and opened each of them. He only shrugged about the sword and gauntlets saying, “We can figure that out later.”

Strat was taking a long time as the minutes passed by while he worked on each of the complex locks on the coffers. None of them appeared to be trapped. One by one, Strat opened them up. Six coffers appeared to be heavily laden with silver, gold and few platinum pieces and it was estimated there was likely around three thousand gold pieces in value. Kriger spent the time carting the coffers with treasure up the shaft.

Of the other 4 coffers, three contained paper notes of credit from decades past; likely they were all expired. And one coffer actually contained the official deed to Vraath Keep; and just by holding it Strat found himself in legal possession of the keep itself.

Treasure | Show
2500 sp
2100 gp
120 pp
Deed to Vraath Keep

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Kriger:      40/46 HP remaining; 1 Str Dmg;
 Horse:      05/16 HP remaining;
Garm:        28/32 HP remaining;
Strat:       41/41 HP remaining;
 Horse:      04/15 HP remaining;
Gaius:       53/57 HP remaining;
 Justiel:    18/47 HP remaining;
Zeldana:     33/33 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: None
Special Abilities:
Code: Select all
Garm Spells Remaining:          1st level (2/5), 2nd Level (3/4)
Garm Channel Energy Remaining:  0/3
Garm Acid Dart Remaining:       5/6
Garm Resistant Touch remaining: 6/6
Strat Spells Remaining:         1st level (3/5), 2nd level (1/3)
Strat's Arch Luck Remaining:    14/17
Gaius Abilities Remaining:      Tactician (1/1), Challenge (2/2), Inspired Charge (1/1)
Zeldana Spells Remaining:       1st Level (3/7), 2nd Level (4/4)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12333
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Aura » Sun May 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Responding to Strat's praise, Zeldana demurs a bit. "Well, I used a magic to help make the auras more clear on most of them. And... I've had a little practice. I also read a lot. Anyway, I'm not sure how many people around here can cast life restoration spells like the staff can do, but I'm guessing it is rare, at best. We best keep it, yes." Picking up the sword, she looks it over, light glinting off the blade. "I wonder when this was forged? Was it locally made, or brought in after the fact. Hmmm." Giving the sword a close physical examination, she pulls out a book and begins writing in it.


Stat Block | Show
Zeldana Autumn LeVane
Female NG Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Sage)
Level 4, Init 2, HP 33/33, Speed 30'
AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 14
Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 5, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 12
Conditions None
Items Dropped None
Spells slots used: 5x1st
User avatar
Aura
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: WS: Into the Witchwood [IC]

Postby Strat » Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 am

“Thanks, Kriger!” Strat called, after Kriger had hauled the last of the coffers up the shaft. Strat couldn’t have done it half as well, and might have even fallen down instead of keeping his grip.

He held up the deed to the keep and was impressed; this was the most valuable thing of all, so he tucked it away in a pouch. He could show the others later, and they could talk about what to do about it. The thought of owning a keep was pretty exciting, but they really needed the capital to keep it running, and that might not be so simply had.

“All right, I’m going to check the desk out now. After that, I think we’re done in here.”

He moved to the last gate and checked for traps. If there were none, he intended to carefully pick the lock as he had done before, then approach the desk and search it.

spoiler: show
Swift Action: None.
Move Action: see below...
Standard Action: Check for traps around at the gate, take 20 on a +12 check. (Trap Spotter is also in effect.) Then take 20 on +12 Disable Device to open the gate. Then take 20 on a +12 check to search the desk and books on it.

Strat’s Mini-Stats | Show
Initiative: +1, Perception: +12
Armor Class: AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 16, +1 Chain shirt, Ring of Protection +1
Fort: +4, Ref: +6, Will: +7, CMD: 17
Hit Points: 41 Current: 21
Archaeologist's Luck (+3): 12/15 available
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Message, Prestidigitation
1st Level Spells: 2/5 available (CLW, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Vanish)
2nd Level Spells: 0/3 available (CMW, Glitterdust, Silence)
Conditions in effect: Trap Spotter
Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Mount's Mini-Stats | Show
Light Horse
Initiative: +2 , Perception: +6 (low-light vision, scent), Move: 50ft (35ft Actual)
Armor Class: AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size), MWK Studded Leather Barding
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1 , CMD: 17 (21 vs. trip)
Hit Points: 15 Current: 15
Conditions in effect: n/a
Attacks: Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+1)
User avatar
Strat
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads - DM: PMiller

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron