The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Leliadlara » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Upon hearing the Tengu mentioned by Karyis, Leliadlara's attention turns towards him. Something seemed familiar, not that she knew him, but that she had a hunch of his feelings. He seemed cautious... like she had been. Certainly that was not something so mysterious? She decided she would try and speak with the man later when she could get him away from the crowd. The nervousness was mounting, and she absently reached to her belt pouch to touch Charybda for courage. She then took another sip of wine and waited for Tramon's response.
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Tramon Pegason » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Tramon nodded, drinking as Kary spoke. She made a good point, we should try to recruit this new adventurer. "That's a good idea, I'll go ahead an speak with him." I said, walking over towards the sitting figure. "Excuse me, you may have over heard us, but we were discussing forming a party and could use another member, would you be interested in joining us?"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Darrak Sharak » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 am

Darrak answers the plump half-elf with a wain smile and shrug, though it is hard to tell the wain smile from any other expression on the tengu's face. He drinks his ale and takes note of the man's approach.

The tengu straightens slightly, trying to look presentable as the man starts talking to him.

He holds his ale up, a toasting gesture to acknowledge the man's greeting and the beak bobs up and down in response. Leaving the stool, Darrak moves to follow the man back to the table with the two women.

He smiles a greeting, and toasts them both with his mug of ale as well. Gesturing to the empty chair, he hesitates, the body language asking if he should sit down there or not.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Leliadlara » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Leliadlara smiles and holds her hand out in a gesture that welcomes Darrak.
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Darrak Sharak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 am

The tengu takes a seat and holds his free hand, palm up to indicate that the other should continue talking. Darrak takes a drink from his mug and listens with interest to what these two humans and a half-elf have in mind.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:17 am

While you are are talking, a muscular man of average height comes down the stairs from the offices on the second floor. He is mature looking, gray in his beard and hair, but not yet past his prime and carries himself like a seasoned warrior.

He is dressed in fine clothes of dark gray or black, the trim bright red and gold. Around his neck is a medallion of gold and silver, the crest matching the symbol on the banner behind the bar and worked into the wood of the doors and strapped around his waist is a finely crafted longsword and he is wearing riding spurs on his boots.

He stops and speaks to the half-elf a moment in quiet tones. Katerina gestures towards your table and the man's hard gaze looks over in your direction.

With his spurs jiggling, he strides through the tavern to stand before your table with Aura and Jacelyn following along in his wake.

Addressing everyone he says, "Good afternoon, I am Maylor Jacobson. Chairman of the Wayfarer's Society Council."

"I have it on authority that at least two of you are not completely wet behind the ears imbeciles."

His appraising eyes look at each one in turn, they are cold and serious.

"If you are up to challenge, I have need of someone to go collect a debt owed to the Society. A pissant named Mickey Bartlet still hasn't paid us for services rendered."

"I sent a man, Arthur Sedgewig,
to collect and now he is missing. So, I think it is better that a group go this time. I think you lot should be able to handle such a thing."

spoiler: show
OOC: Karyis has gone MIA across the boards. I was hoping for daily participation or at least every other day. Let us move forward.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Leliadlara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Leliadlara tries to keep her gaze unnoticed as she winces at the comment made about who was "wet behind the ears."
Humans... always in such a hurry, she thinks with disdain, almost finding it wrong considering her own race. She sips her wine again and waits for Tramon to respond, not wanting to cause a scene with the man.
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Tramon Pegason » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:32 pm

As Tramon watched the man walk over to the table, he knew that this must be their oppurtunity. Must be one of the higher up leaders around here, hopefully he trusts us enough with a good job... Tramon thought as the man came to their table and spoke. The job did indeed sound interesting, Must be difficult, if they need a whole group just to collect a debt. Tramon thought before speaking to him. "I think I speak for all of us when I say we would definitely interested." Tramon stood and offered his hand out to the man and said "My name is Tramon Pegason, it's nice to meet you."
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Darrak Sharak » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 am

The tengu looks at the woman, taking note that she refrained from speaking and introducing herself. He gestures a toast with his mug to acknowledge the grizzled man.

Darrak looks at Tramon as he introduces himself and says that they will agree to the task. His beak bobs up and down as he concurs with the man's acceptance of the potential assignment.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 am

*** Enter Alnuae ***

The sea breeze blows in from the west as you stand outside the two story building that overlooks the cliffs in the western side of Theissia. The windows are open, their shutters aside to let the light and fresh breeze flow inside.

The gilded sign above the door is embossed with styled letters to read, "The Wayfarer's Society." The word around town is that adventurers should visit the tavern to learn of rumors and local news that might prove useful for those in that line of work. Patrons that have need to hire such people, know that the Society deals with quests, missions, and situations where the skilled professionals can learn of those opportunities to prove themselves as heroes, helping the towns' notable personages with these problems that plague them.

The Society is governed by a council of five, all former adventurers, that take in the calls to arms and coordinate the dispatch of wayfarers to deal with them. No job is too small, particularly since novice adventurers are numerous.

The plumb, friendly looking half-elf barmaid smiles and welcomes you into the tavern and points out tables and places at the bar for you to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere while drinking either ale or wine.

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 am

--- At the table with Tramon, Darrak, & Leliadlara ---

Maylor takes the offered hand, giving a glare at the other two who are silent.

"Well, met. Though you might need a few more out-spoken people to accompany you."

"Bartlet owes us 600 gold coins, you lot can keep half of that as a reward for collecting it from his cheap ass. I want you all to find out what happened to that clerk Sedgewig too, if you can."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Leliadlara » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Leliadlara whispers under her breath to the point where only Darrak might here, "Perhaps you should talk less..."
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Mellon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

The door opens once again and a well dressed elf strolls in. He casually eyes the room as he walks up to the bar and orders an ale from the portly half-elf. Giving her a brief smile he turns and leans on the bar looking for an empty seat. Seems one of the only spots left is at a table already occupied by a masked fellow, a young lady and a thug, all being spoken to by an older gentleman. Grabbing his ale he makes his way over and takes the seat at the other end of the table.

A little intimidated, he pipes out "Evening, friends" and takes a small sip of beer.
Mellon

Postby Leliadlara » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Leliadlara is slightly startled by the sudden appearance of the elf, as she was absorbed in thought.
"Oh my, an elf comes now... I am starting to wonder about this group I am getting involved with... perhaps I will try to speak to this one and each of them alone to get a better idea of who they are. Hmm. He is a bit of a handsome one though, even for an elf."
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Darrak Sharak » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:11 am

Darrak turns to the human woman, his bird-like eye with a feathered eyebrow raise and his beak clacks shut. The seemingly shy or just closed mouth tengu leaves off looking at her to give his attention to the newcomer.

The tall, thin elf moves with some grace. Typical of the race as far as Darrak can tell. His weapons are curious, a rapier and a warhammer. At the greeting, he raises his mug in a salute or toast gesture as his reply. He doesn't bat an eye at the forwardness of the the elven man as he joins them without preamble, these other adventurers accepted him and have not bothered to ask his name either.

Darrak looks to the spokesman, Tramon, to continue discussions with Chairman Jacobson or the newcomer.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]