The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Leliadlara » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Lelialara's eyes widen for a second and she blushes. "Oh my, I had paid no attention to him! I hope he is not mad, I was a bit intimidated at first. Um... would you know of getting his attention?"
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Tramon Pegason » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:45 pm

"Thanks, and the name's Tramon Pegason." I said taking a drink from the beer. It was good tasting, well brewed even. "I've come along way and I heard about this Wayfarer's Soceity. Anything you can tell me about it?"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Karyis » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 am

Another sip before Kary replies, amusement touching her visage. "Shy, are we?" she asks in a teasing tone. Straightening up a little in her seat, the priestess observes the male for a moment before looking back to Leliadlara and offering a little nod. "Perhaps once he is done speaking with our Hostess we could wave him over... if he is on a similar path to our own, it would certainly not hurt to have him around, no?"

Once Tramon's attention wavers from the hostess, Kary will offer him a smile and casually wave him over to join them.
Karyis

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 am

The plump half-elf introduces nods, "Sure I can, deary, I sorta run the tavern here. Heh, heh, I am not just a simple barmaid."

She pours herself and ale, raising it in cheers before belting back a hearty swallow, "Well, honey, I do indeed know how things work around here. I damned well better."

"The Wayfarer Society specializes in being a focal point for adventurers to hear about quests and rumors that need investigating. Wealthy merchants and nobles, often pay for our services to deal with monstrous incursions and troubles with banditry that cannot be handled by the local militia."

"The Council does it's part by in evaluating these requests or rumors and them assigning them to groups of people like yourself to go seek out the problems and deal with them."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Darrak Sharak » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am

The door opens in the Chapter House and a cloaked figure, not very tall, slips inside. The hooded cowl of the cloak leaves his features in shadow, but a bluish-black beak is visible protruding from the shadows.

Darrak makes his way towards the bar, looking curiously at the patrons and other potential adventurers. Seeing the dumpy looking half-elf chatting away with another customer, he sidles up beside to eavesdrop.

When the bartender looks his way he holds up a silver coin and a talon gestures to a mug, indicating he would like an ale or beer.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Karyis » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:36 am

Karyis sits up a little, a look of curiosity in her gaze, watching the shrouded figure slipping into the tavern. ... beak? Disguise or... bird man? the priestess ponders. A glance to the now-quiet Leliadlara, wondering if she's growing more shy by the moment. Taking another small sip of ale, Kary gives her dark-haired companion a pat on the arm. "I'll be back in a moment.." she murmurs to her, then stands and makes her way over to the bar itself.

"I couldn't help but over-hear.." she starts, looking to the bar-mistress. "It seems like my new friend and I here for the same reason as this handsome male.." Kary continues, giving Tramon a little nudge with her elbow.
Karyis

Postby Tramon Pegason » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Tramon stood, pondering everything the barmaid had told him. So, an adventuring company, he thought this should certainly be interesting. He stood drinking his beer, and soon noticed that the girl he had tried speaking to early was waving him over. Oh good, I wasn't sure whether to think she had missed me or was simply impolite. Tramon thought walking over to her. As he passed another women he heard her speak to the barmaid he paused as she nudged him. He offered her a polite smile, and went on to the other girl. "I noticed you maving me over, are you going to answer my question from before?" he asked good-naturedly. He wasn't to angry about her missing him, Tramon understood that it was easy for one to lose themselves when surrounded by the atmosphere of such a jovial place.
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Leliadlara » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Leliadlara perked up, not expecting the man to approach just yet. "My name is Leliadlara. I apologize for not engaging you earlier, I usually avoid these sorts of places... so much activity." She grabs her glass of wine and points it towards Tramon. "Thank you for the wine by the way... I don't drink much, so I won't be running you a tab or anything...
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:07 am

Katerina smiles welcomingly, "Not a problem, honey. Let me know you have any questions." She toasts the three with her mug and drinks heartily.

Stepping towards the tapped keg, she pours another ale for the short, cowled cloaked tengu. Taking two paces, she slides the filled mug across the counter to the newcomer.

She gives him a smile too, "Here you go, dearie. You look new around here too, like those folks. If you are looking for adventure, you might want to stick around."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Darrak Sharak » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 am

Darrak takes a glance at the other adventurer's and nods to acknowledge the mug and advice.

The young Tengu is not shy, but wary of meeting others outside of the flock. But, this is why he came to look into the Society. Since the others were within earshot of the bartending half-elf's comments, he observes them from his hooded cloak to see if they are going to pay any notice.

With the cowl only really making his eyes hard to see, his beak is clearly visible. Providing a wain smile to show he is agreeable and friendly. The expression is strange and most likely unrecognizable from anyone other than a fellow Tengu. It is akin to recognizing a dog's smile, practically requiring one to have spent years among to get an understanding of their facial expressions.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Karyis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Kary pauses mid-step as Tramon brushes by, heading towards the table she'd been sharing with Leliadlara; a little confused, she smiles briefly to the bar-mistress and the tengu, before turning back to the table and settling into her seat once more. Addressing Tramon, Kary raises her mug in greeting. "We were hoping you'd join us, good sir; from what I could hear of your conversation with the hostess you were looking for adventure, and perhaps companions?"
Karyis

Postby Darrak Sharak » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 am

Darrak's expression goes a bit sad and dejected, not that any non-tengu could tell the difference. But the teenage birdman's shoulders do slump a bit as the woman is more interested in the human male than his kind.

He perches on a stool by the bar, watching them for awhile and also looking for other young new adventurers that might be interested in his services. He sips the ale in some solitude.
Darrak Sharak
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tramon Pegason » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 am

"You are a perceptive lass, I did indeed come herelooking for adventure. My throat was dry and my fists were aching for a good ole fashioned fight. I'd be more than happy to join you. By the way, I didn't catch your name, what do they call you?" Tramon said leaning against the bar.
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 am

Katerina notices that these new adventurer types ask questions and care nothing for the answers, but shrugs it off.

Since the shy tengu's overture was pretty much left hanging, she asks, "You don't say much do you, honey?" She drinks from her own mug and takes up a towel to wipe down the counter-top of the small amounts of spilled ale from the head overflowing when she sets them down.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Karyis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Kary relaxes back in her seat, raising her mug for a brief sip, just enough to wet her tongue. At the question, she offers a slight smile. "Karyis, although I usually answer to Kary." the priestess replies. "Leliadlara and I were discussing our seperate reasons for traveling.... it occurs to me that three or four is far safer than just two." Kary then continues. Looking past Tramon for a moment, to the tengu, then meeting Tramons gaze. "The quiet one at the bar would make that four number, if I'm not mistaken?"
Karyis

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]