The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:21 am

*** Enter Leliadlara, Karyis and Tramon ***

The sea breeze blows in from the west as you stand outside the two story building that overlooks the cliffs in the western side of Theissia. The windows are open, their shutters aside to let the light and fresh breeze flow inside.

The gilded sign above the door is embossed with styled letters to read, "The Wayfarer's Society." The word around town is that adventurers should visit the tavern to learn of rumors and local news that might prove useful for those in that line of work. Patrons that have need to hire such people, know that the Society deals with quests, missions, and situations where the skilled professionals can learn of those opportunities to prove themselves as heroes, helping the towns' notable personages with these problems that plague them.

The Society is governed by a council of five, all former adventurers, that take in the calls to arms and coordinate the dispatch of wayfarers to deal with them. No job is too small, particularly since novice adventurers are numerous.

The plumb, friendly looking half-elf barmaid smiles and welcomes you into the tavern and points out tables and places at the bar for you to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere while drinking either ale or wine.

:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby YoKoboldKobold » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 am

Leliadlara looks around at the hustle and bustle of the tavern a bit nervously as she usually does not stick around this kind of action for long. She crosses her arms towards her waste so that she can brush her belt pouch for comfort without being noticed and works up the nerve to ask the barmaid, "Excuse me miss... I'll take some wine if that's all right." She will pay the fee for whatever a glass of wine costs and leave it at that since she's not big into drinking, sticking to wine since that's what her half-elven parents preferred.
Human Witch: Leliadlara
YoKoboldKobold

Postby Tramon Pegason » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Tramon strolled through the door of the Society's chapter house. His feet were tired, his belly was empty, and he had a thirst so great that he didn't doubt he could stomach a whole keg of dwarven ale. He surveyed the room, and saw various people sitting about, they talked the ate they drank. This was just the sort Tramon was looking for. He went right for the bar, and watched as a young woman ordered some wine. He waited for her to finish and said, "I'll cover her drink." he set down enough coins to pay for it. He then continued "And I'll take a mug of ale." Tramon believed it was always polite to pay for a lady, not too mention she wasn't half bad looking either. He turned to the woman and said "How do you do? The name's Tramon Pegason, what's yours?"
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Karyis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 am

The gilded sign above the door is embossed with styled letters to read, 'The Wayfarer's Society'. The word around town is that adventurers should visit the tavern to learn of rumors and local news that might prove useful for those in that line of work.

Patrons that have need to hire such people know that the Society deals with quests, missions, and situations where the skilled professionals can learn of those opportunities to prove themselves as heroes, helping the towns' notable personages with these problems that plague them.

Kary paces down the street confidently, a little smile gracing her lips. Offering a friendly nod to the locals, the priestess stops in front of the building labled 'Wayfarer's Society'. Mmm... I think this is what I was looking for.. she thinks to herself. Stepping up to the door, she pauses to offer a wink to a passing guard, then slips into the tavern smoothly.

A quick gaze around, Kary gives a friendly little wave to the plump hostess before making her way to one of the tables near a window, settling into a chair. A soft little sigh, relaxing slowly. By the gods I hate this armor... I need to find a room and get out of this... and maybe into something else.

If a bar server comes by Kaly will order an ale, cheapest on the menu if possible, the young priestess being rather low on coin. Once it arrives, Kaly will tug down the hood of cloak and give her hair a little shake, then settle b ack in her chair to sip her beverage...
Karyis

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 am

The plump half-elf smiles in welcome and gets the drinks, "Well met, dearies. Enjoy yourselves while you are here."

Returning with a watered down ale, not too much head, in a metal reinforced wooden mug, she places it on the bar counter top in front of Kary. Apparently the Wayfarer's tap room believes in sturdy drink-ware, probably to minimize breakage if people start chucking them at each other. Crazy adventurers tend to do things like that. A similar sturdy goblet of wine is placed in front of Leliadlara.

She asks politely of Tramon, "What can I get you, honey?"

spoiler: show
OOC: No need to quote things and clutter the IC thread with this many people. ;) If you actually write who you are talking to, they will know when you are answering or replying to them.

This is a role-playing game and it is preferable that people be sociable, btw. :mrgreen: Leliadlara is up to reply to Tramon.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Tramon Pegason » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 am

I'll take a nice dark ale, not too strong, but one with a nice deep flavor. Tramon said to the plump hostess. He decided to start a little strong, he wanted something he could really feel. He winked at the hostess and added quickly "And don't water it down much.
Tramon Pegason
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby YoKoboldKobold » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am

Lelialara takes up the goblet and takes a light sip, feeling a little nostalgic. It's been years since she saw her "parents." She absently fiddles with her belt and pouch and smiles. Leliadlara looks in the direction of a woman whom she saw wearing some tattoos on her face, thinking it a bit peculiar. She takes her wine and works her way in her direction to sit next to her and make some conversation with someone. She thinks for a moment about a greeting while absently sipping her wine.
"Um, hi there... uh... nice day isn't it?"
YoKoboldKobold

Postby Karyis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Kary raises her brows a little as she eyes the metal-reinforced mug, then giggles softly as she turns her gaze up to the hostess. "Have a lot of trouble around here?" she inquires, tone amused. Lifting the mug the priestess takes a short sip; being short on coin, Kary intends to have this mug last for awhile.

Letting her gaze drift around the bar, Kary eyes the tall male first, then to the almost equally as tall woman in blue. A slight smile tugs at her lips as she admires both... Nice... and much more interesting than those thugs living in Daggermark.. are her initial thoughts.

When the tall woman in blue makes her way over to her table, Kary straightens up a bit and offers Lelialara a deep smile. "Well hello there, m'lady." Kary murmurs in response, meeting ther other's gaze directly. "Nice Day? Oh my yes... a good day for traveling and meeting new people..." she responds, winking mischeviously. "Please, call my Kary..."
Karyis

Postby YoKoboldKobold » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Upon getting a better look at Kary's ears, Leliadlara calms down a bit. She looks to be a half-elf... come on now, you can calm down a bit.
"Ah yes, meeting new people. Um... I am Leliadlara. I am hoping we are here for similar reasons."
She brings the wine to her lips and her thoughts race. Play it cool... it's the first half-elf you've gotten the chance to meet in a while, don't mess this up.
YoKoboldKobold

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:41 am

The plump half-elf nods to the man, "Sure thing, honey."

Tapping a keg of dwarven stout, she pours a thick dark beer with plenty of head into a metal reinforced wooden mug, once again. She shrugs as the woman comments before leaving to take a seat at the table.

She smirks and continues talking to Tramon, "Plenty of body to this one, dearie. I am Katrina, by what name to they call you?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Karyis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Kary offers what she hopes is a re-assuring smile, leaning forward a little to give the tall woman a gentle pat on the hand, then taking another sip of her own ale. "Mm.. perhaps that is true. What brings you to this place?" she asks, then flashes a mischevious little grin. "Adventure perhaps? Or are you one to cater to those who seek such adventure?" the priestess then inquires, a soft chuckle following.

"Myself? Ahh, my dear Leliadlara I am not entirely certain what it is I seek; perhaps it is ancient lore, or hidden treasures. Mayhaps it is power? My Lady has imbued in me a lust to wander, and I hope to gain focus through that, I think. And of course, to have a little bit of fun while I'm at it!"

spoiler: show
Rolled a sense motive to see if Kary noticed Leliadlara's nervousness (and perhaps see if she picks up anything else!) and wasted one of my rare nat 20s >.>
1d20+7 → [20,7] = (27)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3343106/
Karyis

Postby Leliadlara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Leliadlara responds with her own chuckle to Kary's enthusiasm. She finally relaxes and smiles.
"Adventure is a means to my purpose Kary. Power? I seek less of it and more of simple understanding mayhaps. Who is this "Lady" while we are on the subject?"
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Karyis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Another, deeper smile from Kary at the question, a glowing sort of warmth touching her gaze. "My Lady Calistria, the divine soul." the priestess purrs, tone low. "She saved me from a life bereft of meaning, dear Leliadlara." Trailing off, the half-elf reaches for her mug, taking another, longer sip. "So, you seek understanding? Most definitely a worth reason to seek adventure."
Karyis

Postby Leliadlara » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 am

Leliadlara had heard of this Calistria, as her parents had mentioned the deity now and again. The young woman had nothing against deities (except for evil deities obviously), but reserved judgement for ones such as Calistria for her detachment and worship from elves. The power that drove her though was undefined, and she doubted that Calistria had anything to do with it.
"I am glad you agree Kary." she takes a more than average sip of her wine. "So, shall we inquire of this Wayfarer's Society then? It is why we have come to this place is it not?"
Leliadlara
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Karyis » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 am

Another little smile plays across Karys lips, enjoying the sound of the other woman's voice. "It seems so." she pauses, then looks past towards the male at the bar. "Who is he? I saw him speaking to you when I came in... perhaps he is here for such as well?"
Karyis

Next

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]