The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:44 am

Firvinianna gives Arkadi a cold look when the Ulfen is not looking at her. She knows that Arkadi is playing with her as much as the newcomer, hinting that she might take him to bed; but knowing full well that she is hesitant to play her sexual games just for his companion's amusement when there is nothing to be gained.

"We could show you our humble home, but I am not sure about letting you sleep on the floor. We are each paying 20 gold coins a week to stay there, but that would be a bit much for not being able to have a bed. I think it would be remiss of us to be such poor hosts for you."

"Though, I did overhear someone mention that the Chapter house here has a barracks for adventurers that are looking to take up the Society's call. I should be quite affordable."

At the prospect of trying to sneak Qourthon into the amphitheater, Firvin looks thoughtful and considers what to do about it. So far she has not seen how to take advantage of the Ulfen that would actually be more than a diversion.
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:18 am

The plump half-elf pauses before going on about her business, "Well, deary. Funny that you should ask. The northman over there talking to those two out-of-towners was just asking about such a thing not 10 minutes ago."

"The Society Council is not in need of new members, and we usually appoint those positions based the applicants extinguished adventuring career. I an Katrina, by the way, one of the five council members."

"But, if you are just looking to help the Wayfarer's Society in dealing with a mission or quest that a petitioner lays on our doorstep, then hanging around in the tavern here is the place to be."

"You should team up with another of similar experience in the trade, things go much better that way than going it alone. That fellow over there, was interested as well and that couple he is conversing with are a bit off. The poor lad is fresh off the boat and might not know what he is getting into over there."

Tag follows her glance to see the two human males sitting with a dark-skinned elven woman. To his eyes, he recognizes the drow in her right away, but even so her skin is more a brown hue than a gray tint. And she doesn't appear to be having difficulty with the sunlight coming in from the window.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Tag Urit » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 am

"Tag Urit." He replies stating in a manner that it is his name. "Thank you for the information, I shall join them. Hopefully a mission comes across the Societys doors shortly."

Tag rises after the half elf leaves to handle the order and walks over to the table where the two men and drowish woman were talking. On approach he assumes a friendly demeanor.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" He states as he stands before the three. Now eyeing the female intently he moves close to her and goes to place his hand upon her shoulder in a partial embrace.
Looking upon her he says coolly, "Tag, you're it."

spoiler: show
I couldnt help myself, you have to admit its a smooth play on the name
Last edited by Tag Urit on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Quorthon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Quorthon nods at Anna's comment. "Oh, I see, I was thinking it was an inn, not a private resi--" he cuts off as the male elf walks up and abruptly places his hand around her waist in what appears to be a familiar fashion.

He looks to Arkady, then to Anna and the newcomer, eyebrows quizzical; he is clearly confused by this development.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 am

OOC: With Firvin sitting in a chair, Tag's attempt to embrace her is not really possible as it is written. But, he only wrote that he would try to do the action.

Firvinianna looks at the elf who approaches the table. When he moves to closer to her in a more familiar way, she holds up hand to politely forestall the actual touching. She smiles politely, but there is a coldness to the almond shaped eyes as she looks up at him standing over her.

"What you see before you is two traveling companions having a conversation with the War-Tongue here." Not quite catching that the elf was introducing himself, the play on words appears to be lost on her. That or she ignored the jest with other thoughts or concerns on her mind.

The dark-skinned elf steals a quick glance at Arkadi.
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Tag Urit » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:37 am

OOC: Earlier post corrected. In actions with other characters I always post 'attempts' so as not to control others responces

Tag redirects his gesture and places the hand over his breast as if he had been shot. Leaning back in like fashion as if there was a tang of pain in her rejection. Straightening his pose he does a half bow and apoligizes,
" I meant not to hinder your conversation, merely to create an opening to introduce myself. "
Continuing with sweeping hand motions and letting his eyes set on each at the table,
" I am Tag Urit, and it was impressed upon me to make the aquintance of your..." , turning direct attention to the Ulfen, "...War-Tongue?"
It was asked as if seeking to verify he had not mistaken the drows companion and war tongue for each other.

~If I can maintain this, than I may have some luck yet. Create tension, relieve tension, form reconciliation.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 am

Arkadi’s brows rose.

He leaned back in his chair and studied the newcomer skeptically, watching him with mismatched eyes.

“And yet you seek to touch a woman you don’t know in a familiar way? Tell me, how does that usually work out for you? Are they falling into your bed left and right?”

He nodded with a glance to the Ulfen man.

“The War-Tongue is here, indeed. I take it by your inquiry that you are seeking to join the Society?”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Having been adequately introduced, the northman simply puts his fur-lined hide gauntlets back on, crosses his arms, and locks gazes with Tag. His earlier mirth has been replaced with a glacial calm as he waits to hear what the strange elf has to say.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Tag Urit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 am

" I am merely being friendly. " Tag protests, " There is no harm in that. "
He speaks with smiles, almost laughing, as if it will help alleviate any concerns of those seated.

" And, yes, I seek to work for the Society. I havent had much luck as work has been hard to come by for me. "
Tags smile falters as if his thoughts of hard times demished some of his spirits. The congenial grin returns quickly though as if he did not want the others to take note.
Looking around at the three companions he gestures at an open space at the table while resting his hand upon a chair. Motions to ask if he will be tolerated to seat with them.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 am

Firvinianna lets her companion verbally chastise the elf, the newcomer clearly unaware of how close to danger he came. Unless strictly on her terms, the presumption of a sexual advance by any male, particular a surface elf, is not something she would ever entertain nor accept.

She is reminded of her times being shunned in the elven communities for her bastard upbringing. Their intolerance of her heritage and mitigating circumstances of her lineage still grates under her skin.

Those bastards could not comfort or heal her after being raped! Those fucking arrogant, self-righteous... Blame the woman for not dying instead of letting the drow warrior have his way with her. As if I had any control over my birth. Pricks.

She covers the flash of fire in her eyes, by looking down speculatively at the red wine in her goblet.

After calming her emotions while the newcomer is focused on Arkadi, she speaks up, "Go ahead and take a seat. Consider the issue closed as you could not possibly have known." She forces a smile to cover her true feelings, knowing that the newcomer merely made an unintentional mistake.
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 am

Arkadi was more skeptical of the elven newcomer’s intentions, but since Firvin had indicated that the matter was closed, then it was. He scooted his wooden chair across the worn floor to make room for the elf called Tag – which surely had to be a bastardization of his full name, something simple to be understood and used by human ears and tongues.

“So, the two of you are planning to join the Society, and it seems that you will be adventuring companions, then?”

He looked between the War-Tongue and the elf called Tag.

“What are your specialties? What weapons do you wield in battle?”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Quorthon leans down and pats his unadorned, iron-studded wooden shield, his look becoming more solemn than icy.

"Axe and shield and spell and song. I am one of the skalde, the lorekeepers and warrior-poets of the Ulfen. We chant for valor in battle to stoke the blood-frenzy, and we sing the laments for the dead, so that their deeds are not lost to memory. It is said that we were the first among men to master speaking, and that is why the language of the North is also called Skald."
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:09 pm

While the four of you are are talking, a muscular man of average height comes down the stairs from the offices on the second floor. He is mature looking, gray in his beard and hair, but not yet past his prime and carries himself like a seasoned warrior.

He is dressed in fine clothes of dark gray or black, the trim bright red and gold. Around his neck is a medallion of gold and silver, the crest matching the symbol on the banner behind the bar and worked into the wood of the doors and strapped around his waist is a finely crafted longsword and he is wearing riding spurs on his boots.

He stops and speaks to the half-elf a moment in quiet tones. Katerina gestures towards your table and the man's hard gaze looks over in that direction.

With his spurs jiggling, he strides through the tavern to stand before the table, addressing them, "Good afternoon, I am Maylor Jacobson. Chairman of the Wayfarer's Society Council."

"I have it on authority that at least two of you are not completely wet behind the ears."

His appraising eyes look at each one in turn, they are cold and serious.

"If you are up to challenge, I have need two of you to head to the Southroad Inn tonight. There is a rumor that some of my other novice charges are going to be set up with some betrayal. They are to meet someone named Jaros Milmner tonight at the strike of midnight. If you hurry you just might make it."

However, it is clear that Maylor is talking only to Quorthon and Tag, since he already has made the acquaintance of the dark-skinned elf and her strange companion. He is not prepared to accept them as potential heroes in the Wayfarer's Society.
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Firvinianna returns the cavalier's hard gaze with narrowed, almond shaped eyes, looking up at him through her long eyelashes.

"Why don't you join us Master Jacobson? My companion and I are planning to sit here and drink some more wine while your newest recruits head off on your bidding. After some food, we can..." She leaves the proposal implied with a mischievous smile and a slow wetting of her lips with her tongue as the man's attention is focused on her.
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 pm

The northman glances from Anna to Maylor then over to Tag as she makes her lascivious implications with the old man as well.

Gods, glad I didn't fall into that honey trap. I don't have enough gold for a spell to cure disease.

He reaches over and slaps Tag on the shoulder. "Let's go, Cold-Beds. Maybe the hapless novices are a pair of maidens fair, and you can try a more tactful approach this time. If not, I can have both, eh?" He grabs his shield and scoots his chair back. Standing, he nods to the white-haired elf and the white-eyed man. "Thank you, Anna and Arkady, for the wine."

He strides towards the door, pausing at the bar. "Katrina, may we have a big skin of cheap strong wine for the road? Something tells me we'll need quantity, not quality for this journey. If I come back, you can take it out of whatever reward we get." He grins mischievously, pouring on the charm.

EDIT: Rerolled with invisiblecastle account set up and requested notations.
Last edited by Quorthon on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]