The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Akadi straightened in his seat, readjusting his lanky frame in a more polite arrangement of oversized limbs.

He cocked his head and studied the newcomer more closely, brown eye and white-blue eye tracking back and forth, studying the man’s face. The Northman’s skin was lightly tanned, but unlined, his hair and beard untainted by grey. Yet there was a leanness to his features that bespoke a weathered man with some experience, and not a callow youth.

Arkadi raised his brows, as if to punctuate his companion’s words.

“Traveled far?”

He offered a small smile, curving and warm at the edges.

“You have the look of restless taiga and ice-swept wind about you, friend.”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Quorthon accepts the proffered seat, glancing between the two of them, face still solemn. "It has been a long cold sail, yes, and I arrived with the dawn. I am Quorthon the War-Tongue, of Kalsgard, and I would know your names and what you think of the Society." His accent lends a sing-song quality to his voice, stretching some of the vowels and clipping a few consonants, though his tone makes it clear that he is asking a serious question.

As he speaks, he leans his roundshield against the chair before stripping his furred gauntlets, placing them on the table in front of him. Twin leather bracers encircle his wrists, and his hands are drawn and thin-fingered. He clasps them together softly as he finishes asking his question.

His eyes now focus on the companions' faces, though still occasionally flick to her hair, his white eye, her ears, as if watching for something.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 am

Firvinianna tilts her head to the side in curiosity as he mentions a long cold sail, but bites her tongue keeping a comment in her head alone,

The hayseed is fresh off the boat, literally. However, you don't want to know what we think, really.

"I see, well met Quorthon. You may call me Anna." Her mischievous smile enigmatic as she tests his understanding of elvish.

She doesn't expect any reaction from Arkadi as he knows the meaning of her name and has heard her use that shortened nickname before, though he uses the other one himself.

"I have a rough idea of where Karlsgard is, Capital of the Land of the Linnorm Kings. I think that is more than a moon's sail from here."

Firvin shifts slightly, her hand brushing a stay lock of hair from her face to tuck it behind her ear as she notices the man's occasional glance at her features. She half expects to catch him glancing at her ample cleavage next, most men do.

spoiler: show
OOC: Knowledge Geography (1d20+4=10)- Probably only good enough to know that. But we haven't really placed Theissia in a particular place in Golarion. :wink:
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:57 am

“A man who knows what he wants,” Arkadi murmured.

He made eye contact frequently, which tended to put off most people, but the Northman, Quorthon, met his gaze readily enough. Somehow Arkadi got the feeling that the man’s curiosity was not idle.

“And I am Arkadi.”

Arkadi studied Quorthon for a few moments, gaze frank and appraising.

“You have the feel of the sea to you, Quarthon the War-Tongue. Your mind is ever-moving, flowing from one thing to the next, absorbing all, consuming it, making it yours.” He paused, cocking his head. “Somewhere, there’s a very deep undercurrent in there.”

Arkadi shrugged, then. His earlier scrutiny seemed to dissolve into a mild and pleasant expression.

“Perhaps you’d like some wine.” He indicated the bottle. “I’m sure Katrina would be happy to provide a glass. Then you can drink with us.”

He glanced at his companion, cocking an amused brow, then looked back at Quarthon.

“But to answer your question, we don’t belong to the Society here. We’re just passing through, and this seemed like a good place to rest. And meet interesting people,” he added, after a moment.
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm

The Ulfen maintains eye contact with them as they speak. "Anna and Arkadi, eh? There's a song title if ever I've heard one." His stony face abruptly gives way to a warm grin.

"You will have to forgive me. We Ulfen are notoriously suspicious of others. I will drink wine with you, though you are not of this Wayfarer's Society. But you, Arkady, you have the right of it. It was said of olden times that the men of the north had icy seawater for blood; we are an ocean folk, to be sure."

He leans back and breaks eye contact, looking at nothing in particular near his hand. "Anna seems a rather plain name for one such as you, elf, though perhaps that's just as well. I know a half-dozen songs about beautiful white-haired women with fancy names, and none do you justice." He looks back up at them, grin now a bit wolfish.

Of course, those songs invariably end in the betrayal and death of those who fall prey to their charms, he thinks.

"So what brings you both to Theissia, if you are not Wayfarers and are 'just passing through'?"
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 am

Firvinianna smiles at the Ulfen's flattery and even chuckles, "Thank you. Though, I think you should be called Quorthon the Silver Tongue."

She covers her smirk with a sip of her chilled wine.

"Theissia is a quite an interesting city. Many traders and merchants come through here. There exciting places to frequent as well."

"Who would not want to frequent this bustling coastal city? There is the amphitheater and the coliseum."

"Not to mention the public baths."
She murmurs in a sultry voice and a coy expression.

However, the dark-skinned elf let's the expression relax as she sips some more wine, her almond shaped eyes glancing at the man over the rim of her goblet.
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Arkadi smiled mildly, amused.

“Have you seen the amphitheatre yet, Quorthon? It’s a rather refreshing change from the coliseum and its like, if one appreciates culture and the arts. The other day I snuck in to watch a rehearsal. I got a seat in the orchestra section; they thought I must have been a patron.”

He smirked faintly, pushing a lock of brown hair off his brow, tucking it behind his ear.

“Dwarvish opera. Women with very big voices, the sort that are felt as much as heard. All gloom and doom, of course, not the flitting romances that you get with elvish opera. It’s all murder and betrayal and star-crossed love. Very entertaining.”

He leaned back in his chair with a quiet creak of well-worn wood.

Arkadi studied the Northman for a few moments.

“So, I take it by your questions that the reason you have come to Theissa is to join the Society?”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Quorthon shakes his head, auburn braids swaying. "No, I did not come here to join this Society specifically."

He leans back and twists in his chair, calling to Katrina. "May I have a wineglass?" While she busies herself with grabbing a wineglass, he turns back to Anna and Arkady and lowers his voice. "I heard they have excellent contacts in the city, and once I have proven myself I hope to use those connections. I--"

As Katrina approaches, he raises his voice back to normal speaking tone. "Though I am surely not averse to some diversion! I speak fluent Dwarven, but I know only a handful of their war-chants; I wonder, though, if a poor and salt-crusted warrior such as I would even be admitted to the Amphitheatre, so grand as it sounds." He glances at Anna, his expression carefully guarded. "As for the baths... well. Perhaps another time. I have had enough of water for now. ...Unless of course, you are implying I need one!" Quorthon chuckles, but the laughter does not reach his eyes, which still occasionally flick to her hair and his blue-white eye.

The Ulfen fills his wineglass with a rather small amount of wine. He sniffs it once, then swallows it. "Hm. Not bad, for grapes. A far cry from Bear-Hunter's mead, but still." He fills his glass and drinks deeply before setting the plain goblet down, looking between his drinking companions.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 am

Firvinianna eyebrow raises in curiosity as the Ulfen starts to mention something conspiratorial and holds off when the plump wench brings a wine glass.

"I am sure you would need to wash of the stains of your travel. But, no, I did not imply that your odor required that you should bathe. A visit to the baths is not an experience of necessity, but rather an adventure of relaxations and..."

Her eyes narrow mischievously with implications of unspoken hedonism.

"You should try the wine chilled." Though she doesn't display her own magic for this task. She asks, "Are you actually a bear hunter?"
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm

This time, Quorthon's chuckle is genuine. "No, not I. The Bear-Hunter Meadery is the oldest and best of its kind in all the North. It is said that they first brewed their mead to lure bears into traps, hundreds of years ago, which is how they earned their name. It is certainly strong enough for a bear, but sweet enough for a blushing maiden... though after a horn or two of Bear-Hunter, no one's remaining a maiden for much longer." He laughs and takes another draw of his wine. "We also mull our wine with spices and serve it warm in the winter, though that seems unnecessary in the South."

The Ulfen gets a faraway look for a moment, as if deciding something. He looks between them again before speaking. "Since you two seem to know the city well, could you recommend a place of, ah, 'affordable' lodging? I'm afraid my stay on the Dai She is at an end, and I'd rather not sleep in an alley, warm though it may be."
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Tag Urit » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:59 am

A tall man with elven features enters the tavern and sets himself down at a table by the bar. His skin was light grey, his hair a near white, and eyes paler than his flesh. A cold look across his face with a noticably fiegned smile. A red cloak swept the length of his figure, concealing most of his tunic and armor beneath.
Lifting a hand after sitting to gesture for a waitress he looks about the tavern.

" A bottle of wine, please. A bite to eat as well. "
The elf's voice is clear and strong. Not compelling, but a sound of inner strength as if accustomed to commanding authority.
Last edited by Tag Urit on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 am

Returning from the table where the two men are talking with the dark-skinned elf, the plump half-elf smiles as she stops at the table with the elven newcomer, "Welcome, deary. What kind of wine would you like? There is a bottle of Varisian white for 2 gold coins, or we have some nice spiced wine from Absolam at 10 gold coins."

"As for food, we have some fresh fish of the day. Will that do for you, honey?"

The jolly woman is unconcerned about the commanding tone of the elf or that he is likely older than her. She knows he is a inexperienced adventurer by the quality of his gear and just indulges him.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Tag Urit » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 am

" The Varisian white, and the fish will do nicely. " he responds smilingly. The elf was about to leave his response at that before adding a last minute, " Thank you. "

Reaching amongst his pockets he removes 5gp with which to pay the half-elf for the meal.

" Is the society in need of any new members? " He asks before she leaves to place the order.
Tag Urit
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Arkadi tilted his head toward the Northman.

“We’re staying at a charming little place I think you’d appreciate. It’s small and cozy, one of those little cliffside homes all carved from smooth white volcanic stone. The rooms are small and it’s not too spendy, but they have the essentials, and there’s a private patio with chairs and tables where guests can take their meals, exercise, or sunbathe, all overlooking the endless blue sea. It’s the sort of place where you go bootless, and shirtless, if you wear anything at all.”

His gaze strayed to Firvin for a moment, neutral and mild, his expression completely guileless. Then he looked back at Quorthon and smiled.

“Perhaps you’d like us to show you.”

He raised a brow. His pale eye seemed to gleam for a moment.

“And then, once you’re settled, we can see about sneaking you into the Amphitheatre if you’re interested in the opera. Or whatever else might have struck your fancy.”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 am

Quorthon's smile falters for a half-second as his eyes lock on Arkady's gleaming blue-white eye, but it returns as quickly as it went, and his lilting voice is as sure as before. "It sounds nice; let us go there. My thanks for your gracious welcome to the city, as well." He finishes the wine in his goblet in one draught, hoping to quell his superstitious suspicions.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]