The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:31 am

*** Enter Quorthon ***

The sea breeze blows in from the west as you stand outside the two story building that overlooks the cliffs in the western side of Theissia. The windows are open, their shutters aside to let the light and fresh breeze flow inside.

The gilded sign above the door is embossed with styled letters to read, "The Wayfarer's Society." The word around town is that adventurers should visit the tavern to learn of rumors and local news that might prove useful for those in that line of work. Patrons that have need to hire such people, know that the Society deals with quests, missions, and situations where the skilled professionals can learn of those opportunities to prove themselves as heroes, helping the towns' notable personages with these problems that plague them.

The Society is governed by a council of five, all former adventurers, that take in the calls to arms and coordinate the dispatch of wayfarers to deal with them. No job is too small, particularly since novice adventurers are numerous.

The plumb, friendly looking half-elf barmaid smiles and welcomes you into the tavern and points out tables and places at the bar for you to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere while drinking either ale or wine.

:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Quorthon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:35 am

Quorthon's fur-lined boots clunk onto the floorboards of the taproom. He scans the room before removing his simple steel cap and shaking out his auburn braids, smiling at the barmaid. "You are a sight for weary eyes, sweetling! Mead if you've got it, ale if you don't, and I must speak with someone about joining this Wayfarer's Society." He proffers a silver coin to start his tab.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:30 am

The plump half-elf smiles in return, "Well met, deary. Enjoy yourself while you are here."

Returning with a stout ale, not too much head, in a metal reinforced wooden mug, she places it on the bar counter top in front of Quorthon. Apparently the Wayfarer's tap room believes in sturdy drink-ware, probably to minimize breakage if people start chucking them at each other. Crazy adventurers tend to do things like that.

She asks politely, "What do you call yourself, honey?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Quorthon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 am

Quorthon accepts the mug, drinking deeply before plunking the mug on the bar. "Gods be praised, a decent ale! My poor gut's had nothing but grog and swill for weeks; this makes for a good apology, no?" He laughs, richly and warmly. "I am Quorthon the War-Tongue, sailed from Kalsgard. What are you called, sweetling?"
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 am

The dark-skinned elf is sitting at a table near the bar, quietly sipping some wine with Arkadi, her traveling companion.

Firvinianna Laali and Arkadi arrived the day before, finding the coastal city a mixture of all kinds of people. Not wanting to draw attention to her lineage, she has been trying to keep a low profile, but her appearance is just too striking.

Her attire certainly doesn't help, the black outfit covering her upper torso and shoulders, pushing up her bosom to reveal cleavage. Her midriff bare, showing her belly button in the front and the intricate tattoo just above her waistline on the back, also shows the small gold loop in her belly button. She wears matching jewelry, pierced through her ears, necklaces and bracelets, all made of gold, without gems.

Firvin's legs are covered with black, skin-tight hose, low on her waist down to her feet. Over the hose, she wears a skirt or sorts that extends down to her knees, but it is completely open on the sides with her legs and hips uncovered from both sides allowing her to move freely. Soft black leather ankle boots with a low heel and shiny ornamental buckles adorn her feet.

Her arms are covered with thin, long gloves running up to mostly cover her biceps, yet are open for her fingers and palms, a few loops around her thumb and fingers to keep the fabric covering the backs of her hands.

She nods to her companion, indicating the newcomer's arrival.

Tattoo:
spoiler: show
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 am

The man sitting next to the exotic half-and-half blooded elf looked like a brute at first glance, tall and rawboned, well over six feet tall but without the bulk such men usually carried; he was gawky, rather than brawny, broad-shouldered but slim hipped, strangely graceful but oddly monstrous in appearance. He had a heavy, pronounced forehead and overthick jaw, wide hands with long fingers and thick knuckles.

He had the look of Ulfen men about him, but his lineage could not be pure. Instead, his skin was duskier, his features sharper. His hair was thick and brown, overgrown in heavy locks that skimmed his thick brow.

His eyes, though, were what set him apart, and graced his face with a refinement that belied his brute form. His gaze was unbalanced, shrewd and piercing, unnerving, one eye warm brown, the other dead white-blue.

He glanced at the newcomer his companion had indicated.

Arkadi saw a tall and lean man, fair of face, but not soft. His hair was long and tied into braids, his beard neatly trimmed. His traveling leathers were weathered from his journeys, and a fine chain shirt protected his chest. Two axes hung at his belt.

“He has the look of a Northman. Ulfen,” Arkadi stated, though it was obvious.

Arkadi’s voice was deep yet strangely soothing, with a cultured and melodious Chelaxian accent. He wore a long, high-collared jacket, the brown leather tooled with strange arcane symbols and embellished with silver at the collar and cuffs. The buttons were similarly engraved. His boots were high and sturdy, his breeches snug around his hips and thighs. His shirt was off-white, unbutton at the top and layered under a fine waistcoat, like a gentleman.

However, few gentlemen carried the massive weapon that leaned against the table next to him, a heavy repeating crossbow, gleaming black in color, its gears and workings clearly the product of a sophisticated culture.

Arkadi looked back at Firvin, who was watching the Northman with a coolly interested gaze. Her eyes looked grey today; sometimes they appeared to be blue. Her skin was a warm brown tone, like an exotic whiskey. Her hair was the palest of blonds, the shade of sunkissed ice.

“And handsome,” he added, his tone lightly teasing.

He glanced back at the newcomer, who was speaking to the half-elven barmaid.

“I suppose he’s come to join this Wayfarers’ Society of theirs.”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:34 am

The plump half-elf introduces herself in turn, "My aren't you a cheeky one, deary. Pleasure to meet you, Quothron. I am called Katrina and I run the tavern here. Heh, heh, I am not just a simple barmaid."

She pours herself and ale, raising it in cheers before belting back a hearty swallow, "Well, honey, I do know how things work around here. I damned well better."

"The Wayfarer Society specializes in being a focal point for adventurers to hear about quests and rumors that need investigating. Wealthy merchants and nobles, often pay for our services to deal with monstrous incursions and troubles with banditry that cannot be handled by the local militia."

"The Council does it's part by in evaluating these requests or rumors and them assigning them to groups of people like yourself to go seek out the problems and deal with them."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 am

Firvinianna, lays a had on Arkadi's arm, a light touch, almost a caress. Her sultry voice almost purrs, "Oh, baby, I am soooo horny." However, the edge of mocking in her voice is there, for her companion to notice. After her acting, the cold eyes are back to remove any doubt that she was serious. Once again he is reminded that her name means Lady Dark Storm.

She takes a sip and shrugs, "As Ulfen men go, I suppose he is. Judging by his dress and gear, I do not think taking him to bed would provide any advantage, though."

Arkadi knows it would not be the first time the dominatrix elf would have done such a thing if she thought it was necessary.

"No doubt he wants to ply the trade of adventure."
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:22 am

The Ulfen sets down his iron-studded wooden shield, leaning it against the bar, before wiping the little ale-froth there was from his beard with the back of his hand; clearly not one to stand on ceremony at the moment. He is still all grins, though his eyes lose a little of their mirth. "I see. Are we permitted to entreat with these nobles and merchants in person? Or is everything handled through the Society, and 'people like me' simply sent to do the work?"

He glances around the taproom again, noticing the two companions whispering near the bar. It takes all of Quorthon's admittedly lacking willpower to not do a double-take at the white-haired vision of loveliness, though both of them seemed a little unsettling in a way he couldn't quite put his finger on. Besides, he wasn't here to chase skirts... primarily. He shakes his head slightly and returns his full attention to Katrina.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Arkadi made a low sound, amused.

He was used to Firvin’s mercenary ways, and her lack of sentiment, which she considered to be weakness. She traveled with him because he was useful, and a known element, not for any reverence for the past, and the events that had unfolded after they had met.

“I suppose so,” he said, mildly.

He held her gaze for a few moments, then raised his stemless wineglass to his lips and took a measured sip. He replaced the glass on the table, then leaned forward, still holding her gaze.

“He looked over here.”

His voice was a murmur, his mouth curved to the side.

“No doubt spotting the best-looking woman in the bar. What are you going to do if he comes over here when he’s done?”

Arkadi raised an angular brow.

He was a perennial turtle-poker, unable and unwilling to leave well enough alone. Firvin knew his teasing was something of an idle pursuit, something he employed to keep himself amused.

“How old do you think he is?”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:50 am

Katrina smiles as she takes a swallow of all before replying, "Yes, deary. Young warriors are able to do accept or turn down any tasks or missions. The patrons of our services usually send a note, a representative, or just come in person."

"Then a member of the council normally evaluates the situation and comes looking for able body volunteers that will have at least some chance of success. After that, the hearty warriors take it from there."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 am

Firvinianna looks askance at her companion, her eyes narrowing and her expression going coy.

"Most attractive looking elf, perhaps, particularly if he likes them dark. Though some of those barbarian northmen would just as soon rape the likes of me instead of woo."

Her tongue licks her lips as she glances back over at the newcomer. "If he comes over, we shall talk, of course. I think I can pretend to be congenial and cordial."

"It is possible that an opportunity of interest will present itself where we least expect it, no?"
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkadi Dusek » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm

“I’ve no doubt.”

Arkadi leaned back in his chair, stretching out his long legs under the table in front of him. His pose was indolent, his eyes half-lidded.

“You had my father wrapped around your little finger, after all, and he was no fool.”

He paused to brush a hand through his thick hair, sweeping it back from his brow.

“Though should your copious charms fail and if the Northman is the type who thinks he could take advantage of you, he’ll be sorely mistaken.”

Arkadi shrugged.

“Well, we’ve been looking at him enough that I imagine he’ll head over here when he’s done. Unless he’s the avoidant sort.”
Arkadi Dusek
Villager
Villager

Postby Quorthon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

"Then I will speak with some of your Wayfarers, and find if you offer what I am seeking." Quorthon finishes the ale and sets the tankard on the bar. He wipes his beard again, then brushes the hair out of his eyes; it would do to be somewhat presentable, now. Picking up his shield and ignoring the little warning flags in his head, he strides over to the table where the pair were murmuring and glancing at him sidelong. "Hail. Are you sworn of this Wayfarer Society?" he lilts, in his strangely melodic accent.

Now that he is closer, it is evident that he is either quite skilled as a warrior, or else a novice, as he does not bear any visible scars. His grin is gone, replaced with a solemn look behind his red-brown beard, though his dark green eyes are ever so slightly wandering--lingering not on the bust or the crossbow, as might be expected, but to the elf's fine platinum hair, and the man's white-blue eye. He smells of leather and fur and the sea.
Quorthon
Villager
Villager

Postby Firvinianna Laali » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 am

Firvinianna steels a glance at her companion with the Ulfen's greeting. She smiles, but somehow her eyes do not share that expression, as she looks up at the bearded man. With the bracelets jangling on her gloved wrist, she gestures for him to sit at the vacant chair.

"I suppose we could be, though they have not asked us or anyone to swear any oaths of fealty that we have seen since we arrived."

"Have you just arrived to Theissia?"
Firvinianna Laali
Villager
Villager

Next

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]