The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby Viktor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Viktor smiled indulgently, and leaned down to pat the mastiff’s head.

Money did not impress him overly. It was personal power he craved. Admittedly, money did facilitate that in some ways, but he believed that having a steadfast ally was more important. Besides, his sister required more gear than he, so it made sense for it to be him, and not his sister, who lent the money to the young gnome, if one of them were to do so.

“I wonder how those others have fared on their adventure while we were gone,” he wondered, idly. “Perhaps we will see that mage again at some point, and he can translate these words.”

He gazed at the marks on the inside of his left forearm. In the two days since he had gotten the tattoo on his ivory-toned skin, the redness had faded somewhat, yet the sinister nature of the strange-looking runes remained.

Viktor shrugged.

“Well, now that we have Pergo back, and you have your new armor, Sister, whatever shall we do with ourselves?”
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm

A plump half-elf approaches Tanath as he is waiting for a waitress.

Katrina smiles a greeting, "Good day to you, deary. You look like you are in need of some ale." She talks a healthy drink from her own mug.

She asks, "What brings you to the Wayfarer's Society?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sierra » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Sierra looks around the tap room and doesn't see any of those other adventurers from before. She comments, "I hope they have good luck. I did not trust that one that came in looking for adventurers. He had the stench of evil about him. I knew when we arrived in Theissia that we would encounter such, freely moving about in the city. But, I had not expected that they could be a potential employer."

Since the siblings have made friends with Frakas and now Pergo, she looks around for any other lone adventurer types that they could add to their group should a quest come up.

Seeing the man in the black cloak playing with a coin while talking with Katerina the proprietor, she nods in that direction. "Maybe we should talk to that one."
Aasimar Paladin: Sierra
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Viktor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:14 am

Viktor nodded.

“Yes, perhaps. Let’s speak to him when he finishes his business with the proprietress.”

He leaned back, casually watching the man and waiting for him to complete his order.

“He looks lean and quick. It would be useful to have such a fellow on our side.”

Viktor waved slightly, trying to catch the man’s attention.
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tanath » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Ah, this place does take orders at the table. Excellent., Tanath thought as he saw a fat and unattractive half-elf approach. Not that he had a problem with half-elves, on the contrary - his whole 'family' was of that race. And ugly she might be, she had the social grace of one who spends all his time in a tavern (which is to say, an always good-humored disposition toward strangers).

"Thanks, sweetie, you're absolutely right. How about a mug of your grossest, most adulterated ale for these three copper coins?" And he conjured two other pieces from his sleeve, stacked them neatly between his fingers, and put them on the rough table surface.

Looking past the waitress, he saw a couple of Aasimar gazing at him. The male one even raised a hand. Well, Tanath had put down his hood, since 't was his business to find new business. And he had learned this: revealing one's countenance to the eye was really an inviter to people. And when those people came, it usually was because they were in business. The female wasn't shabby-looking either, so who knew.
Tanath showed them a glimpse of his charming smile, and give a slight nod in return to the wave.
Tanath
Villager
Villager

Postby Viktor » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:51 pm

“Well, he seems friendly enough. Let’s go talk to him.”

Viktor picked up his mug and walked over to the now de-hooded man’s table.

Viktor was a tall and lean man with long silvery hair and angular features. He was dressed in clothing of elven make, fine leathers in various shades of grey, a shirt and sueded pants and a fine grey coat that hit him mid-thigh. In one hand he carried a longspear.

“Well met,” he said to the fellow at the table. “I am Viktor; this is my sister Sierra, and our friends Frakas and Pergo.”

He gestured to each in turn, pointing out the aasimar woman, young male gnome, and mastiff dog.

Viktor turned back to the tall fellow, who did not seem all that much older than he and his sister. He wore his hair long but had it fastened at the back and neatly out of the way.

“May we join you?”
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tanath » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Business is cheap today, Tanath thought as he saw the group nearing, three coppers for a mug of sewer water that even that dog wouldn't drink, and I'm already hooked up.
He listened to the Aasimar's introductions, but that the little one was named Frakas he had read upon entering the tavern. It was stitched on his helmet, but to Tanath, it might as well have said Fool. Four weapons (and for the gnome, rather large ones at that)? Please. Even the waitress would be less laughable to an opponent, albeit for foul breath and sheer weight.
Then again, loudmouth types like this (undoubtedly brave) warrior were Tanath's favorite partners for doing business, especially because they drew the attention of eyes and metal. He'd put up with him as long as it was needed. The Aasimar siblings (Sister huh? Not bad.) looked... professional, but that might've just been the neat outfits they wore.

"Hile, strangers, and well met indeed. I go by the name of Tanath. Be seated, and pray tell me, what is your purpose?"
Tanath
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 am

Katerina is not just some waitress, but essentially the proprietress of the tavern. She is also a council member of the Wayfarer's Society and way more experienced than the bunch of novices before her. She is not the least bit impressed at Tanath's sleight of hand. Despite her plumpness, her movements are full of dexterity and there is some muscular strength underneath those thick limbs.

Katrina still smiles and replies, "Deary, it will be four copper pieces for a mug. We are not in the habit of serving hog swill, now are we?" She signals a young barmaid to deal with the man's request.

As he wasn't interested in talking with her, she turns her attention to the next table of patrons, leaving Tanath alone to talk with the other novices that approached.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Tanath » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:21 am

As the adventurers take a seat at his table, Tanath hears the words from the half-elf woman as she turns away. Well, seems like I won't have to pour that mug out on the floor, either. It's my lucky day. The rogue adds another copper piece to the stack, waiting for his drink. Now that he could expect something decent, he was actually thirsty. Especially if there was going to be palaver.
Tanath
Villager
Villager

Postby Sierra » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:23 am

Sierra follows her brother over to meet the man. She observed his look of condescension he had when dealing with Katerina. That same look turned slightly contemptuous when he took in the sight of Frakas. Her eyes narrowed as his attention to her, an almost predatory grin with hints of lecherous intend.

She signals for a few more ales to the waitress that the plump half-elf gave Tanath's order to. She drapes her pack over the back of her chair, removes her shield and sets it against the wall and stands her lucerne hammer up next to it. Straightening her light blue tabard, she sits down.

In a serious tone she states, "This place appears to be a good meeting place for those like us to gather and accept the opportunities for embarking on quests of valor and justice, smiting evil along the way. As I heard it explained when I arrive yesterday, if a potential patron of such a request approaches the Society, the Council will assign a group of worthy individuals to deal with it."

"Being only three in number, we are a little shorthanded. Joining with a lone person such as yourself, we have an added potential to appear to be more capable of handling a quest that comes along."

"Lady Katerina has already seen Viktor's and my worth in dealing with an infestation in the cellar. But the other two that assisted us have departed to deal with another quest without us."

Her blues look into Tanath's as she gauges his response.
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Frakas » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 am

Oblivious to just about everything around him Frakas sets his Gnome sized lance next to Sierra's weapons and hops up on a chair. "Pleased ta meet ya Tanath he says cheerily." Since he was reunited with Pergo nothing could dampen his spirits. "This ere is my friend and battle mount Pergo." He says pointing to the large Mastiff who is able to rest his giant head on top of the table as he sniffs around for food. "Me an him are ready for some action, RWOWF RWOWF!" He says as he makes a loud barking sound, which Pergo quickly follows his prompt with his own deep barking, that only a dog of his size can make.
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Tanath » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 am

Tanath had read the gnome's character correctly: Frakas was apparently an expert at drawing attention; that loud bark of his dog could even quiet the place down for a second (in addition to turning two dozen heads towards the table). If he's as good with those weapons as he is with his mouth, he might live longer than I'd dare guess.

The female Aasimar gazed at Tanath, and he looked back with a fixed gaze of his own. "Ah, I figured this place was perhaps too... tidy for a common tavern. Forgive me, but I'm new to Theissia and have yet to make acquaintances here. Now, as you might have figured by the looks of me, I'm not particularly interested in valor and justice, but all the more so in the means that buy those virtues. Gold."
Tanath paused briefly, and glanced over the others' faces to see if any had taken offense at this. He redirected his attention to Sierra and continued: "To answer your rather... implicit question: yes, I'm here to do business of the sort, so count me in. Just be aware that although our paths will be the same, we'll be walking it with different philosophies.
Tanath
Villager
Villager

Postby Sierra » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:01 am

Sierra nods in acceptance of Tanath's explanation, "I do not force Iomedae's teachings on anyone, not even Viktor. But, I cannot stand idle and let innocents be hurt or evil prevail if there is something to be done to stop it."

"We are new here ourselves, recently arrived yesterday. So we welcome you to join us if something comes our way. We can discuss each others skills and capabilities over some ale."
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Maylor Jacobson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 am

While the two Aasimar, the gnome, the riding dog, and the man are talking, a muscular man of average height comes down the stairs from the offices on the second floor. He is mature looking, gray in his beard and hair, but not yet past his prime and carries himself like a seasoned warrior.

He is dressed in fine clothes of dark gray or black, the trim bright red and gold. Around his neck is a medallion of gold and silver, the crest matching the symbol on the banner behind the bar and worked into the wood of the doors and strapped around his waist is a finely crafted longsword and he is wearing riding spurs on his boots.

He stops and speaks to the half-elf a moment in quiet tones. Katerina gestures towards the table with the four novice adventurers and the man's hard gaze looks over in that direction.

With his spurs jiggling, he strides through the tavern to stand before the table, addressing them, "Good afternoon, I am Maylor Jacobson. Chairman of the Wayfarer's Society Council."

"I have it on authority that at least two of you are not completely wet behind the ears."

His appraising eyes look at each one in turn, they are cold and serious.

"If you are up to challenge, I have received a dispatch from a patron of the Society's services. There are some pirates that need to be dealt with. If you lot are brave enough, or just crazy enough otherwise, you should head to the Leaky Tub Inn down by the docks at noon tomorrow. You are to ask the barkeep for 'Yo-Yo' and he will direct you to a private room."
Wayfarer Society Chairman
Maylor Jacobson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Tanath » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:03 am

"Very well, then," Tanath replied to the Aasimar, "we have ourselves an agreement." The rogue could feel the scrutiny from what looked like the Boss, who stood at the other end of the tavern and was coming toward them now. One doesn't even have to look for business, it's the other way around. Considering how things are going up til now, I might halt in this town longer than expected.

"I think we can postpone further introductions," Tanath said as he gave a meaningful nod in the direction of the approaching Boss. "Business has found us faster than the ale has, it seems."

The rogue would let one of the Aasimar do the palaver, he fancied, for they were nobler in appearance and tongue. As long as he got his share.
Tanath
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]