The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby latvius » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am

Jaros moves closer to the table with the Gnomes response. He drums his fingers on the table waiting until the other three depart. While he drums you notice an expensive looking silver ring on his index finger. You can make out a crest that looks something like ship.

Once the others are out of earshot he leans in close, close enough to make your eyes water with his putrid breath. "A poor dear friend of mine has asked me to find worthy adventurers to help him regain access to his family burial chambers." He says softly purring like a cat.
"Worthy, unlike those other three!" He spats in a venomous tone, jerking his head over to Sierra and the other two at the bar.
Slowly turning back to you he regains his composure and starts purring again. "It seems some unsavory types have taken refuge there and have denied him access to pay his respects." He says emphasizing his words with a overly dramatic sad, pouty face.
Holding his dramatic pose a bit longer than necessary he suddenly slams his ring fingered hand down flat on the table making a loud noise as the metal ring meets the wood top. "It's unjust I tell you!"
Noticing other patrons looking at him, he leans back in and continues with a more subdued tone. "You four look like you can deal out justice, am I right? Hmmmmm..."
Playing
Xan Chow-Huan in The Adventurers Guild
Dan Givins Dept 7
Frakas in Adventures of Golarion
latvius
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Basnite » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 pm

What would this fellow find unsavory, Basnite allows himself to think before snapping out of it. "That is a sad story. Respect of the prior generation should be encouraged, not obstructed. I would be interested in setting this right."
Basnite
Hero
Hero

Postby Viktor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Viktor raised a brow.

He walked with his sister and the young gnome over to the other side of the bar. The sinister fellow was talking to the other newcomers, smiling every so often and displaying bad teeth.

“Unsettling fellow,” he said, then shrugged.

He focused his full attention on the young gnome.

“I like your hat,” he said, with a smile. “Did you make it yourself?”
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kriger » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Kriger listens to strange man as he gave his tale. He nods in agreement as Jaros voices his thoughts about the injustice. "Aye, Just what I need. An excuse to bash some unsavory heads in. Tell us more."
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Keanu Cidolfus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:54 pm

"Eh hem" the wizard clears his throat to get Sierras attention as he was standing next to Kriger. He then take his share of the loot and says with a smile "Your eyes must be keener than mine to have spied these."

Keanu then watches as the Aasimars and Frakas leave It seams as though the presents this filthy looking man has disturbed the children of angles.

He then sits down and listens to Jaros and says "Sounds interesting, but what do you mean by unsavory types?"
Keanu Cidolfus
Villager
Villager

Postby Sierra » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Sierra shakes her head as if to say they should discuss it later.

She turns to the little warrior and asks, "Tell me, do you have an actual war dog stabled here. The elves we grew up with would ride horses, but then again we are too big to use a dog for a mount."
Aasimar Paladin: Sierra
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby latvius » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 am

Playing
Xan Chow-Huan in The Adventurers Guild
Dan Givins Dept 7
Frakas in Adventures of Golarion
latvius
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Frakas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 am

Looking to Viktor the little Gnome responds. "Why thank you big fellow, all of us in the Dog Patrol militia have these type of name tags to identify us. Our commander has a hard time remembering our names so he had us stitch them on our helmet."
At Sierra's question Frakas gives a big smile. "Yes we ride the big dogs but no I don't have one stabled here I had to leave me dog Pergo back home, I didn't have enough money to purchase him. That's one reason I'm here is to get me enough money to go back an get my friend."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Viktor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:43 am

Viktor nodded as he listened to Frakas’ story.

“So how much money do you need for the purchase?” he asked, raising a brow. “Your friend sounds like a very fine dog indeed if you weren’t able to purchase him with coin out of pocket.”
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Frakas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 am

"I only have seventy five gold coins and any good riding dog goes for bout hundred fifty." He says with a frown. "I was hoping that our upcoming employer could out lay me enough to buy Pergo, otherwise i'm no good to anyone."
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Viktor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:33 am

Viktor pulled the shiny gem that Sierra had found inside the roach bodies from his pocket and pushed it across the bar’s scratched surface toward the young gnome.

“Could you use this?” he asked, raising his brows. “I haven’t had that appraised, but perhaps it would be enough to purchase your dog and the necessary tack and food.”

He nodded at Frakas, smiling faintly.

“You can pay me back later.”
Viktor
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sierra » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 am

Sierra raises an eyebrow at Viktor's generosity, but doesn't object. Truth be told, she would have offered as well, however she has other plans for her money instead since her brother already offered.

She comments, "If we are going to do a little shopping, I should upgrade my armor. A breastplate would offer me better protection than this scale mail. Let's go get your mount, Sir Frakas."

She will accompany the gnome and her brother as they head out to release Pergo from bondage.

spoiler: show
OOC: I think we can just do this off camera. Frakas can write a summary and post our return with Pergo.

I already updated my character sheet on the transactions for upgrading armor.
Aasimar Paladin: Sierra
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Tanath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:42 am

As a patron entered the tavern, Tanath slipped indoors with him. He quickly glanced over the bustling place for a free table, and worked his way over there.

The rogue sat down, and started twirling a copper coin between his fingers, eyeing the crowd and waiting for a waitress - if one would come, anyway.
Tanath
Villager
Villager

Postby Frakas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 am

Frakas eyes go wide at the sight of the gem, even more astonishing to him is the generosity shown him. "You are too kind sir! I will pay you back as soon as I can I swears!" He says, the excitement clearly shown in the tone of his voice. A bit watery eyed he stands up and says. "I'm gonna get me Pergo back!"

The three go out to find an appraiser and then head back to Frakas shire. Not being far from the coastal town it takes them less that a day to reach the stable master.
Returning riding his Mastiff, Pergo, Frakas is nothing but smiles, showing his two new friends all the dog riding tricks he knows. In the city Frakas boards Pergo and meets up with the others back at the Chapter House.

How much was the gem worth? Once I know that I'll figure out all the costs and add it to my sheet. Thanks Viktor, Frakas won't forget it! :D
Frakas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:18 am

OOC: Actually it was multiple gems totaling 200gp.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]