The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN ANY OF THE GROUPS, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN WAYFARER GAMES!! ***

Characters Present:
Male Elf, 1st Level Wizard: Keanu Cidolfus
Male Human, 1st Level Barbarian: Kriger
Female Aasimar, 1st Level Paladin: Sierra
Male Aasimar, 1st Level Sorcerer: Viktor
Male Gnome, 1st Level Fighter: Frakas Shortankard
Male Human, 1st Level Ranger: Sharn Eliassa
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: The Society's Chapter House [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 am

The sea breeze blows in from the west as you stand outside the two story building that overlooks the cliffs in the western side of Theissia. The windows are open, their shutters aside to let the light and fresh breeze flow inside.

The gilded sign above the door is embossed with styled letters to read, "The Wayfarer's Society." The word around town is that adventurers should visit the tavern to learn of rumors and local news that might prove useful for those in that line of work. Patrons that have need to hire such people, know that the Society deals with quests, missions, and situations where the skilled professionals can learn of those opportunities to prove themselves as heroes, helping the towns' notable personages with these problems that plague them.

The Society is governed by a council of five, all former adventurers, that take in the calls to arms and coordinate the dispatch of wayfarers to deal with them. No job is too small, particularly since novice adventurers are numerous.

The plumb, friendly looking half-elf barmaid smiles and welcomes you into the tavern and points out tables and places at the bar for you to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere while drinking either ale or wine.

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kriger » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Kriger wanders through the streets of Theissia, finally coming to the local Wayfarers Society chapter house. Following the word of his father, the young man had traveled the coastal city seeking the adventure that Society supposedly has to offer. Upon reaching Theissia, Kriger had to take in the sights that the city had to offer. As such, he took his time finding and reaching the chapter house.

Now Kriger stood outside the chapter house, looking up the two story building and its gilded sign. “Well, here we are. Let’s see what they have to offer,” the barbarian murmurs as he pushes open to door and enters the tavern. As his eyes quickly adjust, Kriger makes his way over to the bar.

Those already in the tavern see Kriger as a man of medium build, muscled but not overly large coming up at about 6ft. Kriger's face contains piercing green eyes, and a head of blond hair that comes down to his shoulders. His face always has an unshaven look. The man's body and face are covered with scars having spent the majority of his youth in the woods. The barbarian’s clothes are functional and straightforward. He is wearing leathers pants and shirts that are colored dark brown and black in order to easily blend in with nature, accompanied by good huntsmen boots and cloak. Studded leather is worn over the clothes, and greatsword is strapped to Kriger’s back.

Walking up to the bar, Kriger sets his pack down and takes a seat on an empty stool. Catching the barmaid’s attention, Kriger clears his throat and asks, “Good day to ye. Can I get myself an ale? “ Paying for his drink, Kriger makes small talk while waiting for the ale, “So what’s the word about town? First time I’ve been to Theissia.”
Kriger, Adventurer's of Golarion
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

The plump half-elf smiles in return, "Well met, deary. Enjoy yourself while you are here."

Returning with a stout ale, not too much head, in a metal reinforced wooden mug, she places it on the bar counter top in front of Kriger. Apparently the Wayfarer's tap room believes in sturdy drink-ware, probably to minimize breakage if people start chucking them at each other. Crazy adventurers tend to do things like that.

She asks politely, "What do you call yourself, honey?"
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sierra » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:36 am

Sierra was caught up in the hustle and bustle of the seaport city, taking in the merchants dressed in their finery, the noble ladies pretending to shop in the open air market while their servants actually do the work, and the occasional street urchin running through the crowds.

The sea breeze blows her long shining platinum hair around and she tosses her head to catch the air flow on her face to push the strands back away to keep her vision clear. Before arriving, old Coravel had mentioned that Theissia was a tolerant city and all kinds of folk, good and evil could be found. A good place for one of Iomedae's own to get started on righting the wrongs of Golarion.

Sierra lost track of her sibling, Viktor, in the distraction of the new and unusual sights and she continues on past the amphitheater towards the western cliffs of the city to find the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. The agreement was to meet there, should they become separated.

Shortly the armored Aasimar woman stands before the two story building and takes a look out to sea, letting the breeze gently blow her hair streaming behind her. Her moment at playing gawking tourist complete, she whirls around and boldly strides in through the door to enter the tavern on the ground floor.

Talking a quick look around she notes to herself, Well?... He is not in here... The place is not too busy at the moment.

Sierra's scalemail is mostly covered by the light blue tabard with white trim, Iomedae's radiant sword embroidered on the front in silver colored thread. The outer half cape is navy blue, her shortbow sticking above the left shoulder in view, but her backpack and wooden shield are covered underneath. Her longsword is sheathed at her belt, but she carries her lucerne hammer in hand.
Aasimar Paladin: Sierra
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kriger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Kriger nods in thanks for the ale, and picks it up handed. He takes a big gulp of the stout ale, savoring it for a second before setting the mug back down on the bar. "That hit the spot. Anyway, My name is Kriger. My old man suggested that I find some work at the Wayfarers Society. Do you know how that works?" Kriger asks the barmaid.

Why waiting for answer, he glances over his shoulder as the door to the tavern opens and making note of the platinum blond woman in blue. Noticing that she is looking for some one in particular, Kriger turns his attention back to the barmaid he was conversing with.
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 am

The plump half-elf introduces herself in turn, "Pleasure to meet you, Kriger. I am called Katrina and I run the tavern here. Heh, heh, deary. I am not just a simple barmaid."

She pours herself and ale, raising it in cheers before belting back a hearty swallow, "Well, honey, I do know how things work around here. I damned well better."

"The Wayfarer Society specializes in being a focal point for adventurers to hear about quests and rumors that need investigating. Wealthy merchants and nobles, often pay for our services to deal with monstrous incursions and troubles with banditry that cannot be handled by the local militia."

"The Council does it's part by in evaluating these requests or rumors and them assigning them to groups of people like yourself to go seek out the problems and deal with them."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sierra » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 am

Sierra strides purposefully up to the bar and catches the end of the plump woman's explanation. She leans her lucerne hammer against the bar and asks, "Your pardon madam, did I hear that the Society accepts young warriors to go on these quests of valor?"

"That sounds like what myself and my brother Viktor are seeking. Well, he wants adventure, I am about delivering Her justice and smiting evil where I find it."

She offers her hand to Kriger, the callouses of martial training easily felt when he takes it. "I am called Sierra. Have you seen another Aasimar that looks a bit like myself, but male? My brother and I became separated traveling through the city and he is supposed to meet me here."
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Kestrel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 am

A golden light left the city awash in it's radiance as hues of warm yellow, orange and dry browns crept up all around it's walled canvas. Enjoying the prosperity and vivacious life that the port of Theissia offered him, the shadow known as Kestrel climbed it's open cobblestone streets along the western cliffs that overlooked the bustling landscape. He stepped to the building with a gilded sign mounted to it's walls that read The Wayfarer's Society and tested it's hinges. Entering the spacious bar, the rogue moved amongst it's patrons, finding rest between the wooded bar and it's adjoining wall. He wasn't there to drink, but rather observe and perhaps find a contract. Wrapped in green robes and dark leather that hid all but the tattooed skin surrounding his sapphire spiked emerald eyes, Kestrel was at the very least an enigmatic traveler.

This sellsword kept his weapons weaved close to the waist, hidden below a cloak of heavy muted green. Blinking, Kestrel's mind flashed to the memories that had brought him thus far. The smell of pine needles, dry earth and the caustic burn of arcane might. The Hunter and the Hunted.. with the roles ever reversing between himself, time and the countless "friends" and enemies a figure as.. creative as the Viper could make. Theissia felt new and daunting, with it's playful sea wind and open skies; a place to start new.. or perhaps just another feather bed to slither through on the road to an even more distant place.

A platinum haired girl in matching blue stood talking to what looked like the bar's matron. Beyond that, a taller male nursed a drink. Interesting sort.. Kestrel couldn't help but overhear the talk; about monsters, outlaws, and what really peeked his interest Wealth and Work.

Interjecting his own voice between the three took timing, diplomacy and perhaps a dash of acrobatic confidence. "Work you say. How does one get the council's attention besides flirting with curves as healthy as yours?" There was a spark of jest shining along the dilation of those eyes, because you couldn't see the smile.
Human Rogue: Kestrel
Kestrel

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am

Katrina smiles to the other two newcomers and replies, "Yes, dear. Young warriors are able to do just that. What can I get you to drink?"

She takes another hearty swallow and answers the robbed man with only the top half of his face visible, "Well, honey, you can talk to any of the five Council members. The Chairman, Maylor Jacobson, is upstairs in his office right now and I think Corrigan is up there with him. Drake is out at the moment, probably inspecting his ships down at the docks."

"However, Vivianne is sitting over there."

She nods in the direction of a slender and very attractive woman with auburn brown hair, straight and falling to just below her shoulders. She has a curvaceous figure, accentuated by the fashionable maroon dress with matching slippers. She is wearing gold hooped earrings and bracelets as she sips wine from a goblet. Vivianne is sitting a table alone, gazing out the window to observe the sea.

"Though, if you wish to be trusted, you will need to reveal your face. Otherwise people will think you have something to hide."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kestrel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:03 am

Making lyrical eye contact with both the armor tailored female and tall blonde male, his gaze eventually peeked out along the timber, jumping from frothing ale past worn open shutters to land on Vivianne. She was indeed beautiful but he had two girls keeping him company for now. They had taunt fingers of the coldest steel and an unquenchable hunger that he was only too happy to accommodate. The exotic blades of both Elven and Kelesh blood were impatient, but their new master only chided them with a teasing slap. The Shadow's eyes rolled back over the plump Elven matron while his head titled left into moving acknowledgement.

Placing one padded foot over the other, his sleek gloves tore back the mask revealing haunting Cheliaxian features, newly shaved skin, and a rounded nose that fell into harsh clefts like rugged granite. He swooped his cape back, rolling onto one knee before the maroon clad, auburn haired human and softly lifted his lips to the back of her right hand's knuckle then applied his lips in a single elegant gesture.

"I am at your service mistress. They call me many names, all flattering ... In the right context. You may call me Kestrel, the Shadow of Senara and the Fang who pierced Vassindio."
He stood, never breaking eye contact while flashing a wry smile.

His thumb and forefinger rubbed once against the pliancy of her pale skin and let go."I seek work my lady. If a man does not drink, he becomes restless.. needing to apply himself in other, more challenging capacities." Glancing once at the bar, his chin returned to face the fixture of this sightly woman.

"There are others here I believe that have the same .. vivid.. compulsion."

His words assumed charm without overt tone, slipping ably into the awakened stoicism of a figure who did not make his silver on sly speech alone.
Human Rogue: Kestrel
Kestrel

Postby Kriger » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Kriger jumps a bit as a man of wrapped in green robes and face covered suddenly speaks practical beside Kriger and the platinum blond. The barbarian had been busy focus on the Aasimar to not notice the man’s presence, and takes a drink of his ale to recover.

At the man’s question and the Katrina’s answer, Kriger turns his gaze towards the other woman indicated sitting by the window. Beautiful indeed… he thinks to himself. And the guy himself seems to be a man of mystery himself. Watching the man’s smooth introduction to the auburn haired woman, Kriger watches idle to see the result. Kriger was just yet ready to jump into the deep end. He felt he should watch and feel things out first.

Turning back to the Aasimar to their interrupted conversation, Kriger says, “Nope, I’ve not seen another Aasimar. But I’ve only here myself. Does he have platinum hair look you?”
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Postby Sierra » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:54 am

Sierra was about to introduce herself to the newcomer who rudely interrupted their conversation, but he asked his question and walked away towards the beautiful woman gazing out the window. With his Chelaxian features, she is reminded that often the villains Iomedae has charged her champions to face come from that part of Golarion. But Theissia is a free port and until he does wrong, she will not level Her Justice upon him.

Forgetting the mysterious man, she turns back to the rugged one she was talking to, "Yes, his hair is the same color as mine. He is a hand's breadth taller, but similar build. He won't be wearing armor though; he is not a warrior by profession. Don't let his longspear fool you. But, he is good with the arcane arts."
Sierra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:24 am

Vivianne was quietly humming a tune to herself and enjoying her wine in relaxed solitude. The weather was a fine day, typical of this time of year, sunny and a sea breeze to keep things from becoming to hot.

Her thoughts and tune are interrupted by the man with grasped her hand and kissed it without so much as letting her even notice him first. His flirtatious nature is not as charming as he thinks it is to a woman of her striking beauty, but she indulges him as he continues to ply his wiles and boast of his accomplishments.

She smiles politely and replies, "No doubt there are other compulsive ones present." Sipping her wine, she looks over her shoulder to survey the tavern behind her and sees more than a few adventurers and gamblers, but the Society is not especially busy.

Finishing the last little bit of her wine, there wasn't much left when Kestrel arrived, she hands him the goblet and teases him lightly, "Well, my servant, to have such names and fame, you must be experienced, no? You shall have to continue your tale while we drink wine."
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kriger » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Kriger takes another drink of his ale as he half-watches the auburn haired woman's reaction to the mysterious man. It looked like she seemed to humor him, at least from the barbarian's perspective.

Turning back to the Aasimar as she tells him about her brother, Kriger continues the conversation, "Huh, master of arcane, eh? How did he come about to be adventuring. I have this impression that those in the arcane would rather spend their time buried in some book."
Kriger
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]