Society Character Builds [OOC]

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: Society Character Builds [OOC]

Postby Arkady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 am

Thanks for all the advice!

I'll make the changes you both mentioned, and I'll go reconsider the ability score point buy. I may keep Int maxed just because it's so important for wizards, but I may lower Dex a bit so as not to be negative in other areas. I'm mostly done with the backstory but it might be a bit generic, so I'm reconsidering parts. Also, is there somewhere I can look up the lore for Golarion? I wanted to add some city names and what not to increase authenticity.

Also for cantrips, the level 0 known spells is literally EVERY spell on the wizard list, minus those from the opposition schools. I don't mind filling them out, it's just a lot of clutter.
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby Arkady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:05 pm

I think everything is fixed http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10364. Let me know if you see any problems. Going to work on the familiar sheet.
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby Herzog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 pm

I suggest buying a ranged weapon for when you run out of spells or need to conserve them.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Arkady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I bought a light crossbow and 50 bolts. I also have two "emergency" color spray scrolls in case we need a fast getaway and I'm out of spells - assuming that's allowed.

Edit: Except my profile didn't get saved the last time, which sucks...
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 am

Okay, I took a look.

1. Explorer's outfit gets free weight and cost. This will put you back down to light encumbrance.

2. In spells, you can leave the Spells Known blank, only applies for spontaneous casters.

3. You can move the "(C)" and "(W)" to immediately follow the spell name, since you need to record your prepared spells like "0/1" and "0/2"

4. The cantrips. I would not list everyone one of them. List the ones prepared, then add the few others you might use as alternates. So about 5-8 should be about right. You can always replace them on the list when you change them.

5. Put the SRD description of Shift & Summoner's Charm in the Other Notes for reference. Trim it down to the essential info instead of the whole thing.

6. For ranged weapon, you need to include the ammo's weight in the weight for the weapon. I would also take a shortbow instead. You have the weapon proficiencies, so you might as well use them. Crossbow might do more damage, but you need to use a Move Action to reload.

7. The Inner Sea World Guide is a good source for geography and such. Keep in mind Theissia is not actually on the map, this is done on purpose to allow the DMs to have greater flexibility in using various locations for their adventures.

8. If you want, you can put the stats for your familiar in the Other Notes section of your sheet instead of creating a separate sheet. Might be easier actually, since most familiars just stay out of the way during combat.

9. Please, pick a different picture for the avatar on the account rather than the one on your sheet. Right now Rodgin is using that same picture and it will only be confusing.

After you fix these things, go ahead and post in the Roster under your character account. If you want we can change archetypal to Arkady. Just left me know and I can do it easily. I will work you into group A once you are ready, if you can be ready over the weekend.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Arkady » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Made these changes and a few others. You can change the name to Arkady, I think that would be easier. I'll post in the Roster once I get final approval and the name change.
I'm ready to start this weekend, I'll be on saturday after 6pm PST.
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 am

Changes made to your account. I added your sheet to the signature too, but I could not easily add your avatar to it.

The cantrips appear to be off. Where are you getting 5 prepared from? My count has 3.

You can post in the roster thread and I will inject you into Group A this weekend.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Arkady » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:07 am

You're right there's only 4: 3+ read magic is automatically prepared. I didn't realize the bonus from the arcane school only worked for spells level 1 and up.
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby Slaad » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 am

Currently ruminating character concepts for Wayfarer group C. Human Paladin with sacred servant and divine defender class features. I was also thinking barbarian. Any ideas, suggestions or other party needs please let me know.
Slaad

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 am

Slaad wrote:Currently ruminating character concepts for Wayfarer group C. Human Paladin with sacred servant and divine defender class features. I was also thinking barbarian. Any ideas, suggestions or other party needs please let me know.

Paladin is fine, both of those variants are good as well.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Ellias Destryer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 pm

(Slaad here)

Human Paladin starting Abilities:

STR 18 (10) +2 Human
DEX 12 (2)
CON 15 (7)
INT 10
WIS 9 (-1)
CHA 15 (7)

Sorry for the delay, should be ready for review early this week.
Sheet(work in progress)
Ellias Destryer

Postby PMiller » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 am

Do you have the original picture of your avatar with better resolution?
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Ellias Destryer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

I think I will go with Iomedae as a deity, as a result I like this Avatar better. Is the resolution okay?
Source:
http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/ima ... ldiers.jpg
Sheet(work in progress)
Ellias Destryer

Postby PMiller » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 am

Yep, that will work. :)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby EOD Ogre » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 am

Hey all, I'm building a replacement rogue for group C and figured I'd see if anyone had a few ideas to help. I'm new to Pathfinder, but not 3.5. I want a sort of hybrid rogue. One that's good in combat but also has a few social skills for RP'ing. I've got most things figured out except my starting feats. I'm not sure if I want to lead with weapon finesse or pick it up at 2 as a rogue talent. I'm also think two-weapon fighting style. Any suggestions?

Character sheet so farGavin Ricker
EOD Ogre

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]