The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Party has a Monk, Cleric, and Witch. The tengu rogue was filling a niche, but so far trapfinding has not been that important. Since I am DMing, I might not punish the group for going with a rogue to deal with those. Some people like the challenge of adventuring with something missing in the party.

We can discuss your character ideas in this thread:
Society Character Builds
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby jfalconic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm up to it if you're still looking for a player. I'll get a character up and running.
jfalconic

Postby PMiller » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 am

Well, that last post was from July and 7 months ago. I cannot say that I have an opening for a new member at this time.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby telra » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:32 am

Man, i hope i understand this correctly O_o, signing in, looking for the Character creation thread.
FYI: First timer to D&D except for stuff like Baldurs gates, icewind dales and neverwinternights (they dont do games like that anymore, dont get me started at wizardry :) )
telra
Villager
Villager

Postby Trake » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19 pm

I am fairly new to Pathfinder and PbP. I just recently got in a Pathfinder PbP on another forum, and I have done a lot of research on Pathfinder, so I feel like I could play without slowing the game down with a bunch of questions. I would be a dailey poster, probably 3-5 times a day if the game moves fast enough. I am looking forward to playing and learning the game with experienced players, and building my character through RP
and adventuring.
Trake

Postby PMiller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 am

Right now I cannot say that I have an opening for a new member at this time.

I just got back from vacation so I will have to take a few days catching up at least.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby MichaelFTrevino » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:38 pm

I understand the teams may be full, but I am going to throw my hat in the ring all the same. I've played PnPRPGs for a long time now. A bulk of experience is in Pathfinder, with some in 3.5e, 4e, Savage Worlds, and PDQ. ( I also own Dungeon Crawl Classics and will be buying Mistborn soon.) I have very little PbP experience but have been in a couple failed groups. MUDs are the bulk of my online text RPGs.
There is a incessant drive within me to create a story. It haunts me constantly. My work and family life keep me from a regular DnD group. I hope something like this will help me fill the hole.
You can expect one to two posts most days, but on class days (two days every other week) realistically expect none. I work ten hours days and my apprenticeship classes are directly after work till 9pm.
MichaelFTrevino

Postby PMiller » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Welcome.

We are looking at possibly splitting and having two groups. We can discuss builds and such in this thread: http://www.unlimitedrpgs.com/forums2/vi ... 397&t=5057
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby gleonard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi there. Quick introduction:
- I am somewhat experienced with PF rules.
- This will be my second PbP campaign (first being on myth-weavers)
- My expectations are for this to be a good outlet for my creative side
- I should be able to post 2-3 times per day.
gleonard

Postby PMiller » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 am

Same advice as above, gleonard. Good luck with your starting campaign and your ninja in Thornkeep. 8)

Since you both are relatively new to PbP, keep in mind it is slow paced by nature and tends to be more about writing than gameplay for those that really enjoy it over the long haul.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aura » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:30 am

Hello, Wayfarers!

I'm Aura and I'll be playing in Group A. I'm in my 40's and have been gaming for quite a while, sometimes as the GM. As for the questions four:

Your experience with the rules

I wasn't in on Pathfinder since the start, but have now been playing for a few years or so. Although I play other things as well, PF is my default goto game.

Your experience with PbP

I have been a PbP player and GM for a couple years now, over on ENWorld.

Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience

Basically, it comes down to the desire to emote. Encounters are just situations that give us the opportunity to display how our characters behave, IMO. I actually am not big on the concept of challenge, although some play for that. As a GM, I know encounters are, for the most part, built to be winnable (virtually by default), so I look at it as a participatory movie, where the audience forms the scene. (This said, I keep building sub-par characters, but, ya.)

Anticipated frequency of participation

I generally check PbP games every other day, and anticipate I will continue to do so.
Aura
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Thanks. I always learn something new about players when they answer the questions.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Emri » Sat May 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello all, I was wondering if you could fit another player in? Recently found this site and I'd like to give it a try.

As for me, I'm 23 years old, and currently a college student with a fulltime job. I don't have really any experience with pathfinder specifically. But I have played a couple games of 5E, unfortunately the school and job have interfered with reliably playing a game, even online through r/lfg. So as far as rules go there will be a lot of researching and asking questions of what I can and cannot do. For PBP, I only recent found a different site, which then led me to this one.

I regularly watch "Rollplay: the West Marches" on Youtube, and Geek & Sundry's "Critcal Role" on Twitch. And I've just had a growing itch that I needed to scratch, but finding a block of time that doesn't change due to school or work, or life in general has been a tad difficult. But I am always on a computer or my phone, so I'll be able to post/reply multiple times a day.

Thank you for your consideration,
Emri (aka BeardHawk)
Emri
Villager
Villager

Postby Herzog » Sun May 29, 2016 4:28 am

Hiya and welcome to the boards!

I can't speak for availability in the Wayfarers. PMiller will have to speak more to that.

If you are interested, I am looking for more players for a rules lite game. Check it out here: viewforum.php?f=456
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun May 29, 2016 5:25 am

Welcome Emri. I only run one game in WS right now and they are full and in the middle of things.

Please give Herzog's Black Company a try at the link provided.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]