The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Postby Celestin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Hello, I have recently been searching for a new pbp to join due to work stopping me from playing in one of my favorite pathfinder campaigns. With little luck anywhere else, a friend suggested this site so here I am. I have a decent knowledge of pathfinder rules, I am a semi rules lawyer, though I do know 4.0 way better than pathfinder. As for PbP experience, I am currently in 4 different PbPs with my most entertaining character probably being my paladin with armor spikes whose idea of redeeming sinners is to hug them and tear their sin out. The GM for that one always wants me to brag that I am using a pic of Sauron for a paladin. Three of the PbPs are with pathfinder rules, while the fourth is straight roleplaying.

As for my expectations for playing, I enjoy roleplaying games immensely and I expect to have fun. I also enjoy improving my roleplaying. I started heavily roleplaying about 4 years ago now, though I have rarely been able to play with new people. So I should probably also include that I expect to improve my roleplaying through this. Finally onto the anticipated frequency, I will definitely be able to post 4-6 days of the week, with at least one post per day. When I work I am normally away all day, (yey one hour drive to work!) and while I do get a good chunk of a break I do not normally have my laptop. Though I do carry my phone so if necessary I could post on that. The only thing that may negatively affect my posting schedule would be a large amount of complex math homework that is required to be done. Though that shouldn't interfere to often.

With that part done, I have been reading and I have noticed that there will be a third group that will be gathering. If I have read correctly it consists of a Monk, Cleric, and a Witch. I would be interested in joining with it, and would be willing to play almost any class with a preference for wizard, paladin, or a rogue. So I will stop rambling and post this already before I start going off on a tangent and so I can post on the other PbPs. :mrgreen:
Celestin

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:39 am

Welcome.

Not too happy about rules lawyering, though. ;)

Discussing and posting character builds on the other thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Mellon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi there.

Firstly, I am totally new to the RPG scene and would love to get involved. I'm quite familiar with 4th Ed rules, but I am more confident with the Pathfinder system. I want you to know I've never actually taken part in a game as a PC but I have spent a few nights with a local pathfinder group as a spectator. As for PbP, again totally new sorry. It would be a much better format for me as I have a 9 month old and my wife has an ongoing illness. I can't dedicate a solid afternoon to my local group so it seems that PbP may well take care of that issue for me.

In terms of my expectations, I have very little beyond this being a learning experience. I would expect a little bit of slack from the GM and other PCs and ask that theybput up with my noob questions. I have always loved the idea of RP games, but due to family commitments and other things I basically haven't ever gotten around to trying it out. Again, as I am quite new I am looking forward to the learning experience as well as finally being able to give give this a go.

I have an iPad that goes with me everywhere so posting at least 4-5 times a week will not be an issue at all. I live in Australia and work 5 days a week, but am able to post at any other times. I have busy evenings between my wife a baby, but will have no issues posting most nights.

As for characters, if there is still room in the 3rd group I'd possibly offer a Druid or Fighter to the party.

Thanks again and if being such a new gamer would be too much of a hassle, I cope with rejection fairly well.
Mellon

Postby PMiller » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:56 am

Welcome to WS and URPGs.

There is a Character Build thread to discuss your concepts. Either proposed class will fit with the group.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Alnuae » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 am

New login with same name as PC up and running.
Alnuae
Villager
Villager

Postby Seleveth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello,

I've been doing tabletop role-play for a few years, mostly with DnD 3.5, I have a decent foundation, though I've just gotten into Pathfinder recently, and am not very versed in the Campaign Setting lore.

This would be my first PbP experience, though I am eager to learn.

As far as my expectations go; my group of table toppers was very light on actual roleplay, and more centered on the stabbing parts of the game, I'm expecting to have more of a taste of the other side.

I am able to post at least once a day. I have time for multiple posts a day, many days.

I quite like wizards, and have a fondness for rogues and archers.

While stalking the other intro posts I noticed you have a good amount of people already, I understand if I'd make it a crowd. I'd also be fine with being put on a waiting list or what have you.
Seleveth

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 am

Welcome.

We are working on a group getting acquainted right now. I can take one more. They have a fighter, a monk, a witch, and a rogue. They had a cleric that disappeared, so if you feel like playing a healer type (not necessarily a cleric), that would work out great.

We can discuss in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=5057
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Arkady » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello all,
Firstly, thanks for the great introduction and references. I'm new to PbP, and have limited DnD experience, but I am currently involved in a Pathfinder campaign. My only issue with it is that we only meet every 2 weeks or so, and I'd like to be part of a more active campaign. I know the Pathfinder rules very well, but none of the lore as I believe we are currently playing in a custom campaign.

I've got a level 1 wizard/sorcerer template that I'd like to use, complete with backstory, but I don't know the specifics of your campaign. I'd be open to playing any class, but a conjuration and battlefield management focused spell caster is most interesting to me. If you guys can handle some stupid questions initially, I'm sure I can pick it up very quickly.

One request, if you guys can't fit me in, do you know of any other active PbP community that has Pathfinder games?
Thanks!
Arkady
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 am

Welcome, archetypal.

We have three groups going, but it will be possible to work you into either Grp A or Grp B down the road if you are patient. Take a look at the characters in those groups and see what you might want to play to join either of those.

We can discuss character concepts in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=5057
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby edge » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello folks. Just like to introduce my self.

I am a new player of pathfinder, never played 3.5 or any other kind of rpg. My very first and really only experience was "Hero Quest," still love that game.

I am hoping I can learn the game here on these boards, I am really psyched up for a game of pathfinder.
edge

Postby PMiller » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 am

Welcome, edge.

Currently we have three groups running, and we are not sure when we will be able to add another. Requires a DM.

But, you can work on a character concept and post in the Character Build thread.

Things always change.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby edge » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah ok. It might take me a while to come up with a character any way, I can never decide on anything. I have been reading through apg, core, um, and uc for a week now, heh.
edge

Postby Killiantide » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm

HI, just wanted to now if you have any possible openings for a character? I have experience in RPing never participated on a serious PbP campaign tho. I know PF rules pretty well. I'm the type of player that is more concerned about the story that about my own character. Other than that I love Role Playing and PF is one of my favorite settings/systems. Let me know if there's space for one more character.
Killiantide

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 am

Hello.

Yes there are two openings, both for rogues as it runs out. Group B is in the middle of combat and the player controlling the rogue has gone AWOL. You could assume him right away and get your feet wet without delay after you read the threads. Later on a change out for an originally designed character is possible.

Group C has a need for someone to either take over the tengu rogue for story purposes or introduce a suitable replacement character to let that player retire without leaving the party shorthanded.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Killiantide » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm interested in the second option, just let me know what a suitable replacement for that character would be. I could create just another rogue if that works, depending on the party needs. Let me know.
Killiantide

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]