The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Image Image Image Image
New adventurers to our bustling town of Theissia are encouraged to check in at the taproom of the Wayfarer's Society Chapter House. Travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them.

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: The Wayfarer's Society [OOC] - Come here first

Postby Herzog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:23 pm

I didn't see it, but most likely it's because you didn't read the first post in this thread and follow the instructions. There is a reason the thread title says "Come Here First"
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Treble » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi there,

I've got a fair amount of experience playing 3.5 and 4e DnD, as well as Pathfinder. I have been in several tabletop games, as well as various PBP games on several different websites. The only thing is, is that it's been mostly with the same people over and over, so I thought this would be a good site to get some variety as well as participate in a non-homebrew setting. I have played through one adventure in the Golarion setting, however it was situated only in Cheliax. I am quite familiar with the Pathfinder rules, and have experience in playing many different classes. As for the PBP games I've been in, I can say I'm surrently active in about four, whereas I have been in about 5 others, although some were admittedly short-lived. When it comes to playing I love roleplaying, and I thoroughly enjoy playing a wide variety of characters. Over three PBP's I'm active in, I'm playing an Evil Cleric, a Ranger haunted by his past, and a brutish Hobgoblin. I am able to post fairly frequently, although I do have school during the day so that is when I'm busy. Otherwise, I may not be able to post every day, but I can post pretty often. Anyway, I guess I have a tendency to ramble...but hopefully I got everything you need there. Let me know if I'm good!

EDIT Oh, I also forgot to ask, is the book Ultimate Combat going to be included?
Treble

Postby Herzog » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello Treble, welcome to Unlimited and the Wayfarers Society.

Things are slow at the moment coming off the holidays so I ask for your patience. Also the current two groups are full up with players. But we have some things in the works for a new group, so don't worry.

As for Ultimate Combat, we're only allowing classes, archtypes, and feats. at this time. No guns.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Welcome.

We have not started working on trying to fill a Group C yet, but I have some ideas. So you can go ahead start working on a character concept or two if you are wanting to see what others are doing. Thread for those discussions: http://unlimitedrpgs.com/forums2/viewto ... 397&t=5057

Treble wrote:Over three PBP's I'm active in, I'm playing an Evil Cleric and a brutish Hobgoblin.
Just know we are not accepting evil characters or monsters to go on Society missions. :wink:
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Treble » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:32 am

Well thank you for your consideration, however I understand I joined late and didn't necessarily expect immediate admittance. Either way, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for a third group, as well as any possible openings that...open up lol.

Also, thanks for the heads up about the evil character, I had, admittedly, missed that part. But I hadn't planned on playing anything evil anyway.
Treble

Postby YoKoboldKobold » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:11 am

Hi everyone, I'm Nick.
As I had some years of 3.5e experience before coming into Pathfinder I would say that I am pretty familiar with the rules, although I could use more time to actually play the game most definitely.
I have had no experience with PbP before, but I am very willing to learn because I don't really have the time to play Pathfinder in person with my friends.
I expect to have lots of fun with compelling stories and developing whatever character that I make. I feel I'm capable of playing most classes with the exception of Cavalier, Samurai, and Summoner.
I will definitely be able to post everyday with minor exceptions which I will let everyone know ahead of time should it occur.
Human Witch: Leliadlara
YoKoboldKobold

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 am

Welcome, Nick. You can pick up on things pretty easily if you read around and look at what experienced players/characters do. There are some tricky things, but most of the time you can figure it out. For example, to find out how people do things in their posts, you can always quote it and then you get to see what they did and the BBCode for the special things.

If you guys decide to make sheets and post in the Character Builds thread, there will be a DM to run something for you.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Treble » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I'll have a character posted some time tonight. It'll be a human monk, probably one who uses a staff.
Treble

Postby sketchcaine » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello all, As for experience with the rules I've been playing D&D 3.5 for the better part of 6 years and spent the last year playing in a Pathfinder game in a homebrew setting. Very excited to play in the Pathfinder setting though. I've only played in one other PbP but I've now got a lack of a standard gaming group so I thought I'd pick another up. Look forward to playing with you folks. I'm available to post at least once a day if not several times that.
sketchcaine

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 am

Go ahead and make a character and post it in the other thread. We have three for Group C it looks like.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello! Coyote signing in!

Post an introduction for yourself and include answers to the following:
- Your experience with the rules
- Your experience with PbP
- Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience
- Anticipated frequency of participation

1> Never had a chance to play with the Pathfinder game system, but 9 odd years of experiance with 3.5e and D20 (including level 2 RPGA judge); I've probably played in a half dozen campaigns using the 3.0/3.5 rules over the years, and built quite literally hundreds of characters, often just for the sake of building characters.
2> Quite a lot of experiance with PbP as well; started with some PbP 2nd Edition in the mid 90s on local BBSs, moved on to play by email by the turn of the century, and partook in some PbP/PbC WoD around the same time. Of more recent vintage, I've been playing various Palladium-system games on a number of sites (Palladium Knights, The Playground, Explorers Unlimited) up until the present (and includeing the present, and future of course).
3> Primarily to have fun, to exercise my love of writing and RPing.
4> Without going into a long story, I'd gather 2-4 times per week and certainly more if intensity picks up. If health issues crop up, I make a point of letting the local GM/Admin know.

I'm still mulling over what I'd want to submit as a character here; I have access to various Pathfinder books, but because none of my local friends are interested in playing it (or are, but cant afford to buy the books) I havn't done an in-depth reading of them. I tend to prefer melee type characters, divine casters and arcane casters. Which admittedly covers a LOT of ground, heh. I've taken a brief peek at the society character builds thread, but havnt read the full 9 pages yet.. only like 2. o_o
Coyote
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome. You don't need to read the whole thread.

With two characters about ready, we will likely get a Grp C running soon.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Admin-PMiller wrote:Welcome. You don't need to read the whole thread.

With two characters about ready, we will likely get a Grp C running soon.

I ended up skipping ahead to page 8, then looking at the Roster page ^^

I am leaning towards a cleric right now, if that helps any ^^
Coyote
Villager
Villager

Postby Coyote » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Question if I may... I don't exactly follow how cleric "subdomains" (from Advanced PHB) work. Do I take a domain, and then am able to take the subdomain? or do I take the subdomain instead of the domain?
Coyote
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:46 am

We discuss character building on a separate thread. I will answer there.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures in Golarion - The Wayfarer's Society [PF]