Grp E: OOC Thread

Moderators: Herzog, PMiller

Re: Grp E: OOC Thread

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:41 am

Well, shit. I am not really sure what to do. With both our front line guys on there last legs and not falling back, we are fighting both enemies at once. The bard can only heal one of you.

Lucas is essentially worthless since he did not save any spells, the Molotov cocktail might help or be too little too late. I think at best we are looking at 1d6, but possible doubled if the protector is vulnerable to fire.

Choices are die where you stand or withdraw. I suggest Bogut & Shaed withdraw, Dwain can use the wand. Once clear, Grimble will fire at Grelm and then 5ft step back behind the curtain. Without LOS and not being attacked this round, maybe the protector will attack the other guys.
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero

Postby keelynasta » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am

Im gonna retreat how far can I go in a round?
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Withdrawling is a full round action allowing you to move up to double your normal movement.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 am

been busy with work and taxes, i'll get an update out tonight hopefully.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 pm

didnt save any spells ? the one time i tried to rest were were bothered and never stoped since then if my calculations are right we have been marching for days with out stop i tried to get my spells back when they got low
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 am

Don't know where you are getting the idea that you've been marching for days, but it hasn't even been one day since you left the inn.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm

long day at work and mentally drained. sorry all....
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby keelynasta » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Im gonna post tonight when im home from work.......I am gonna use my Rage I saved and hope its enough to kill the damn monster anyone have any ideas how you wanna approach this?
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I am of the mind set to let the monster kill the enemy cleric if possible. We take down the survivor in either event.

To do that we have to stay close. For at least a round yet I would get healed again and get ready to charge for the next round. Lucas's Molotov cocktail will be good for the finishing off the wooden protector I think.

I hope Shaed will come back.

NPC Dwain to heal Bogut again, please.
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

because if we have only been going for less than a day than this whole quest string is with in 10 miles of were we started as i have no horse and most people can only walk 10 miles in a day when walking was the thing to do and we have had quite a few encounters for us only traveling such a short distance
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Lucas Thurgrove wrote:because if we have only been going for less than a day than this whole quest string is with in 10 miles of were we started as i have no horse and most people can only walk 10 miles in a day when walking was the thing to do and we have had quite a few encounters for us only traveling such a short distance

That really is all neither here nor there. This adventure is really almost done, if we would just keep posting IC instead of going back to a comment from over a week ago. :wink: We are waiting on you and Bogut.

The adventure was designed for running several encounters back to back under a time constraint. The bad part of low level is you can run through your spells so fast.

What you need to do for the future, is spend your money on back-up things. A wand of magic missiles and some special alchemical items will really help make your character more versatile going forward. You should plan on being able to make it through 4-5 encounters before resting and have some tactics in mind to assist or be useful even when using a spell is not worth your time. A longspear is great for that. You have reach and you don't even have to try to hit the bad guys, just use the Aid Another action to help your companions since you only have to make an attack roll vs. AC 10. That is a better than 50% chance if you have a MWK weapon and your +1BAB. I am not sure, but you might not even have to worry about giving up cover either. So you could be always giving +2 AC or +2 Attack bonuses to your front line combatants instead of using expendable things.

For both Lucas, Shaed & Keelynasta. We are working on the follow-on plan after this wraps up. Anguis will takeover DMing from Herzog and we are looking at the party going forward.

We have a new member with a cleric waiting to get in.
Keelynasta has his wizard or Bogut
The Raptoran Scout
Lucas with his sorcerer
Shaed not sure about continuing due to RL
Grimble will not be continuing, but I will replace him with something else.

This looking at a party with a cleric, scout, two arcane casters, and a possibly swashbuckler. I had not planned on making another tank, potentially trying a druid before the cleric came in. I will think on this some more, unless someone is also wanting to make a change. If Shaed doesn't continue, I know of another player that might want to play.

Things are pretty lenient on rebuilding characters, so you can make some major changes. You can completely rework everything if you want, essentially starting over but using the XP/GP from your old character. So Keelynasta, you can take Bogut's XP & GP and give them to your wizard, thus retiring Bogut permanently.

If Keelynasta can post post more frequently, we will restart the Tavern Thread to begin roleplaying some with the new characters that will be going forward.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 am

Lucas and Bogut are up yet, I will wait until Monday evening EST, before NPCing both and moving on.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby keelynasta » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 am

after moving to my position I wasnt sure if I could attack either of the 2 left with my javelin or not :oops:
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Given the lack or response to my post on Saturday, I am not sure what the future will bring for this group. Herzog threw in the towel IC and that will leave me to pick it up, if it is worthwhile.

There was one player waiting for this to wrap up and join, but I made arrangements to offer him another 3.5ed game that had an opening.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 pm

i am haveing web issues ill let you know when i can get back in if there is a place for me
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Previous

Return to Group E Threads