Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:53 am

Image
Keep a stern guard at the rear of the group, Ghost maintained his vigilance as they proceeded down the tunnel.
Actions | Show
Move:
Spot: 23 Listen: 5 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:27 am

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~As the group paused for a few minutes, they could hear the occasional pebble or rock clatter to the rocky ground. It did not sound like movement, but rather the mine shafts settling after the quake finished.

Kailus examined the vials of liquid and concluded the “H” was a mark to indicate healing. It was not a minor one either, capable of curing some serious wounds. The other two were the same and the “W” mark stood for water breathing most likely, as potion would allow the drinker to submerge and not have to hold their breath.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 am

Kailus relates what he has learned to the others. "Maybe the dwarves hit water as they dug and and needed these potions to travel beneath."

"The healing potion will come in useful if anyone would like to carry it. If not, I will."


"Meanwhile, let us continue."


Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3



Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:59 am

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Continuing on from the chamber with the gruesome scene of dead and bloated dwarves, the tunnel turned around a shallow bend. After a few moments Galaeron and Tasha could hear the sounds of something faintly. It sounded like locusts munching.

Proceeding with some caution, the pair in front slowly rounded the bend to see another small chamber.

About 50 feet away in the dimness, the human druid could barely make out what the feline’s eyes could see clearly.

Image
At the far end of the chamber was a shaft leading down. Before it, there were two of the insectoid monsters, their maws buried in the decomposing flesh of what was likely a dead miner. They raised their heads and looked to the source of the light, gore dripping from their shiny black carapaces and their razor-sharp mandibles clicked evilly.

A third dropped from its coiled perch clinging to a wooden timber on the ceiling.

They were moving to attack, but the adventurers were faster.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
Spot/Listen checks prevented surprise.

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 18/18;
R2 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 19/19;
R3 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 20/20;
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 1
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:15 am

Olbryn caught her breath as she discerned the three creatures feasting on what was likely yet another dead dwarf miner. Her face contorted in a disgusted grimace, she leapt forward, loaded crossbow in hand. "Oh, by the Mother! Leave him alone, you horrid creatures!!", she shouted as she fired the crossbow at the nearest monstrous insect. Unfortunately the bolt bounced off harmlessly and clattered to the floor, leaving no visible mark of injury whatever.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: Fire crossbow at r'Karg #1 (14, miss: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... t11992576&#41;
Standard action: Move up to G33.

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:25 pm

"Mindless creatures, scavengers only." Kailus said as he elected not to use another spell at this juncture and drew his bow to fire.

Aiming carefully, he loosed an arrow, cursing when it missed.



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Image
With new foes found, Ghost moved past his companions to take a front rank near Galaeron. Shortsword readied to stab once they had come into melee range.
Actions | Show
Move: Ghost moves forward to G-33 moving past his companions, shortsword in hand. Ready to attack the beetle critter when it arrives.
Attack 17 Damage 6
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:36 pm

With new foes found, Galaeron drew his scimitar and readied his shield to create a barrier for the archers to fire at nearby foes.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: 5ft step to G-34
Standard action: Readied scimitar and shield Attack 11 dam 4
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Tasha moved past Olbryn who moved up to fire a volley.

With Ghost and Galaeron trying to block the tunnel she kept moving and admonished, "You must keep a lane of firrre open and not block my shots. I am betterrr at shooting than eitherrr of you arrre with yourrr melee weapons." Her companions first shots had proven ineffective, but their accuracy would be even worse if they had to shoot through the two men blocking the tunnel.

Dropping the sunrod in front of her when she stopped to stand her ground, she loosed an arrow. It took the first insectoid in the carapace, but was not a particularly deadly wound.


Actions | Show
Move to H33, trigger Skirmish
Hit R1 for 8 dmg
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:49 am

"The the passage is too narrow for flowing movement. Just shoot between Ghost and I so we can provide some cover." Galaeron replied to the skilled archer.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action: 5ft step to G-34
Standard action: Readied scimitar and shield Attack 11 dam 4
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:22 am

~ Day 6, 09:48 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Image
With only one of the projectiles hitting, the nearest insectoid was hardly hurt. The damage caused by Tasha’s arrow was already mending itself before her eyes.

The creatures skittered forward to attack. Ghost’s swing proved ineffective as the nearest creature swayed back to avoid his weapon. Then it nipped at the feline scout that shot it with those razor sharp mandibles and nicked Tasha’s arm just past her buckler.

The other two closed in as well a few seconds later, filling the empty space in front of Ghost. The third even climbed the wall to get up beside the man.


Tactical Map | Show
Image


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)
R1 moved, hit Tasha for 6 dmg
R2 double moved
R3 double moved, and climbed the wall

Initiative:
You guys <--
R'Krag

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       30/36 HP remaining; 6 dmg
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
Enemy Status:
Code: Select all
R1 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 18/18;
R2 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 19/19;
R3 [AC18 (Touch 12)] 20/20;
  Defenses: Regeneration 3

Everyone is up for Round 2
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 am

Seeing that their projectile weapons were having little effect on the creatures, Olbryn carefully stowed away her crossbow while she still had the chance. She then pulled out the heavy mace that Tasha had entrusted her with - it had worked well in the previous fight. She shook it menacingly at the R'Karg scuttling towards them: "Come on! Who wants some?!? The others did not survive us, and neither will you!"


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Attempt menacing battle cries to either encourage the others or (unlikely) terrify the R'Karg.
Move action: Pack away crossbow, draw Shock heavy mace in preparation for melee combat.
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 shock heavy mace
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
Last edited by Sandstar on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Tasha ignored the comment as Galaeron did not know how best she could fight. Besides, one of the creatures had climbed the wall to offer itself as a tempting target for her arrows anyway.

"Olbrrryn, take my place."

She ducked and then leaped into a cart-wheel between Olbryn and Galaeron to get clear of the monster’s mandibles. Rolling back up to her feet she nocked and fired and arrow over their heads at the wall-climbing insectoid. It was not the best shot, but still scored.


Actions | Show
Tumbled to avoid AoO (25), moved to F34, triggering skirmish
Hit R3 for 9 damage
Rolls

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 0/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 am

With the situation become more dangerous, Kailus decides that he needs to employ some magic to even the odds.
Slinging the bow over his shoulder, he casts an arcane spell, conjuring three bolts of magic that hit the creature to the right.

Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Kailus Magic Missile Damage 3 bolts doing 2, 4, 2 damage to R1

spoiler: show
Spot+6, listen +3



Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 am

Image
Positioned in front of Galaeron, Ghost stabbed out and pivoted so to switch positions with Galaeron.

Actions | Show
Move: G5 ft step to switch with Galaeron after his attack on bettle 2
Attack 19 Damage 9
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=15

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron