Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:23 pm

"If they are dead, then burial, or even prayers can wait." Kailus suggested. "I don't want to waste time on dead dwarves if it detracts us from tending to live dwarves."


He looked around nervously. "If there is not clue as to what killed them, and they are definitely dead, let's move on and continue to explore. Something killed this many, and possible what appears to be a whole army of dwarves, and that something might be around still. If we find that it has gone, we can come back."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:29 pm

"Dear Mother Mya!", Olbryn exclaimed, all caution momentarily forgotten as she rushed to inspect the nearest corpse. She stifled a sob at the sight of these brave dwarves cruelly cut down and then, apparently, being partially eaten. There was clearly no further need for her healing skills here.

She eventually collected herself and said, her voice still thick with emotion: "Yes, I will ensure these poor souls find their way to the halls of their ancestors and the embrace of the Mother. But, as Kailus says, there may still be some that breathe and need our help more urgently. Let us see if we can find them before it is too late!"

She looked carefully at the fallen dwarves, committing their faces to memory in order to match them to the names provided by Hrugni earlier. She squinted down the main tunnel in the direction of the elevator shaft, then towards the other tunnel leading out of the present chamber.
"Let us take that tunnel first, and may the Mother guide us!", she suggested, pointing at the smaller tunnel at the opposite end of the chamber.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Continued Spot & Listen checks: 20 and 18 respectively (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11903716#post11903716)
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Tasha knelt and examined the dead dwarves a moment, taking some care to look at the wounds. She was assuming the insectoids had done the killing, but she was trying to confirm it and get a rough idea of how long ago it had happened.

"We have time forrr a few worrrds," she said softly. They had taken their time already so sparing a few moments to give the dead a burial blessing was not going to make a difference. "No need to angerrr the gods."


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (12,15), Heal (20)
Look at the bodies
Take 10 on Search +10

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:21 am

Olbryn did not have to be asked twice to perform abbreviated last rites on the unfortunate dwarves. As Tasha performed her inspection of the corpses, she pulled out her holy symbol and began speaking in a steady voice: "O Mother of Wisdom, please let us guide to Your embrace the souls of these brave dwarves, cruelly slain within this mine crafted by their own hands, that each may find succour in Your presence..." She considered the brief service a bit below her usual standards but hoped the Mother would understand under the present circumstances.


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: Say a brief prayer to Mother Mya, in anticipation of a more formal funeral ceremony, whilst any further inspections of corpses and site are carried out. Otherwise happy to carry on.

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:10 am

~ Day 6, 09:42 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Taking a closer look at the dwarven corpses, the wounds and decay indicated the bodies were several days old, possibly even 2 weeks.

Despite being ripped to shreds and still wearing damaged armor, the dwarves had not been looted. One decaying hand still gripped a finely made battleaxe, and they all had belt pouches that were untouched from the battle.

While the group did not hear any unusual sounds from the tunnels, there was a sudden rumbling that preceded a violent tremor of the ground and the entire mine. It was not strong enough to knock anyone down. During the quake, rocks could be heard to fall and clatter, lose stones from the tunnel walls and ceilings. But there was no din of a collapse or cave in. Dust rained down on the group.

The shaking ground felt like it went on and on forever, but it really only lasted about a half of a minute. Then things fell silent once more.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 am

"Kailus grabbed onto the side of the tunnel for stability until well after the tremors ceased. "Was that an earthquake? Or was it something big moving around down there?"



He finally let go and resumed the examination of the corpses. "Say some quick words of prayer then and let's get moving. The sooner we find the problem, the sooner we know what we face. It is not knowing that makes things worse."



Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Tasha was disconcerted from the shaking of the underground world. She was a creature of the great outdoors, not some underdark denizen. "I rrreally do not like being underrrgrrround," she griped softly.

She asked Olbryn, "Does this happen often in mines?"

Before the tremor, she had looked at the bodies. After calming from the quake's distraction she added, "I believe they had been dead severrral days, mayhap even a few weeks. Do you wish to take their possessions forrr safekeeping?" she asked pointing at the finely crafted battle axe and the various belt pouches that looked undisturbed. "The insect crrreaturrres do not appearrr to carrre for looting bodies."


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (26,20), Know Dungeoneering (8), Know Nature (25)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Image
A fleeing look of concern crossed Ghost's face as the cavern rumbled. No one else in the group showed panic so ghost kept his stoic visage and kept watch on the passage.

Actions | Show
Move:
Spot: 21 Listen: 5 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
Last edited by sirfinn on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:06 pm

While Olbryn blessed the fallen dwarves, Galaeron removed belt pouches from each and the finely made battle axe. The later he handed it to Ghost. "This might be better suited to cracking the shells of the foes down here."
While Olbryn finished up, Galaeron opened the belt pouches to see what the dwarves had with them. Hoping for a few vial of healing he could distribute to his companions.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 22 Listen 17 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14
Move action:
Standard action: Loot dwarves and inspect belt pouches.

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Trusting in Mother Mya in all things, Olbryn matter-of-factly dusts herself off after the tremor ends. "Sometimes, there are clefts and faults in the rock... such can be triggered if miners are careless or unwary. But this mine looks solidly constructed and otherwise well-maintained. Of course, a faultline might lie dormant for years before being triggered. Unless someone or something else is doing the triggering?"


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

~ Day 6, 09:42 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Examining the various pouches Galaeron pilfered from the dead dwarves, the druid found they mostly contained uncut gemstones. Not entirely unexpected considering they had likely been in the mining business.

On pouch had contained 3 vials of liquid. The bottles had white labels on them; one had an "H" written on it in charcoal, and the other two had "W".

The group had to decide if they were continuing in the same direction, back to the chamber at the bottom of the last shaft they came down, or the new shaft that led to a lower level.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:16 am

"If you hand me the potions, I can examine them. I will need a few minutes." Kailus says.

In case Galeron provides then, Kailus will spend a few minutes examining them.


"I would say that we go back and continue to the bottom of the shaft that we have already been following." he said absently. "We may as well be methodical in our search, and check the higher levels before descending to the lower ones."




Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft



3* Spellcraft+13[/spoiler]


Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
Last edited by Kailus Elboran on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 am

Olbryn considers their options carefully, chin in hand. "I would agree with Kailus: let us follow this passage at the far end of this chamber and explore systematically. There is no sense in wandering aimlessly, first left then right, unless we get a clear indication that any of the other dwarves might still be alive in one particular area."

She casts another sad look over the mortal remains of several of the dwarves lying before her. "At some point I would like to return and give them all a proper burial. But for now, let us press on."


Combat Info | Show
Free action:
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:
Spot: +3
Listen: +3
Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Tasha was confused as Kailus proposed what sounded like two conflicting proposals on where to go next, but Olbryn had not been fooled.

"Alrrright, then. Once Galaerrron is rrready, let us deparrrt down that tunnel continuing onwarrrd."

The feline scout moved to the opening of the tunnel, opposite from the tunnel they came into the chamber from.


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (26,20), Know Dungeoneering (8), Know Nature (25)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:51 am

Putting the uncut gems away in his pack for now, Galaeron displayed the 3 potions, "I would be guessing but the H might be for healing and W weapon oil."
With Kailus keen to examine them he handed them over.
With Tasha keen to move on, Galaeron readied himself to proceed down the tunnel.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 14 Listen 24 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14
Move action:
Standard action: Loot dwarves and inspect belt pouches.

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest