Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Adventures of Tasha, Kailus, & Belmar

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Tasha looked from the druid to the cleric with an arched eyebrow.

Neither had better armor than her own enchanted mitral shirt and the magical buckler on her arm. And they certainly did not have her agility and sense to avoid getting caught off guard.

"Verrry well. If you all would rrratherrr," she shrugged.

The feline scout stood at the top of the shaft watching the druid descend.


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (19,21)

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:37 am

~ Day 6, 09:41 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~The group had not heard any sounds from the shaft. There was no reaction from the darkness below to the lantern being lowered down, and it descend uninterrupted until it came to rest upon the stone floor below.

From what Galaeron could see before climbing down himself, there was a chamber at the bottom. After he made it halfway down the ladder he could see the chamber was not very large, more like a three-way intersection of tunnels than a real room. He reached the floor without incident.

Of the tunnels, one obviously let in the general direction of the mine entrance where the large shaft with the crude elevator was. The other two led off in perpendicular directions. All of the tunnels were of rough-hewn stone, supported with the occasional wooden beams to prevent collapses.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Detecting no immediate signs of an ambush, Olbryn gingerly followed Galaeron down the ladder. Once she arrived at the bottom, she let out a breath she had not even realised she was holding, then carefully took stock of their surroundings.

"Nothing so far!", she whispered to the others coming down behind her.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Continued Spot & Listen checks (Round 12 since being asked): 16 and 17 respectively (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11874913#post11874913)
Move action: Move down the ladder.
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Shining his lantern down each corridor in turn as he waited for his companions to descend.
Galaeron spoke quietly to Olbryn, "Any thoughts which way to check first, Olbryn. I think do these two side passages first then back to the large shaft with the crude elevator in it."
"Return here, ascend and check the next side shaft which descends. The large shaft with the crude elevator is likely the one guarded."


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 26 Listen 20 Search 24 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13
Move action:
Standard action:

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Image
Descending last, Ghost to a guard position facing the large mine shaft with the crude elevator. He awaited to see which direct the others would take first.
Actions | Show
Move:
Spot: 6 Listen: 18 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Tasha descended after Olbryn, waiting her turn. She whispered back, "I have not noticed anything eitherrr. We did hearrr something when we werrre at the elevatorrr shaft," she said in agreement with Galaeron.

She moved to each of the tunnel openings and checked for tracks and traps while the druid and cleric discussed the next direction to go.

The feline crouched to get a better look at the floor, then straightened. "What arrre we going to do if we find morrre shafts leading up or down?"


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (9,12)
Take 10 on Search +10

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:40 am

Kailus descended in the midst of the party, not liking the dank caves at all.

He stayed close to the light and peered where he could, but the combination of darkness and cold did not help. Mostly, what he saw was clouded by his overactive imagination.

"I would say that we explore this level and head up anything we find in case that affords us another way out. One can rarely have too many ways out of trouble, and knowing about them is better that not."




Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:17 am

~ Day 6, 09:41 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~With everyone down the shaft and the ladder, the chamber was brighter with the added illumination. Most did not see anything that indicated one direction over another. Tasha's searching had not turned up any traps either.

However, when Galaeron shined the lantern down the tunnel to the left (southern direction). He thought he saw a glint as if light might have reflected off some metal. Taking another step down the tunnel he thought be saw something lying on the ground that was part of the source of the glinting metal. From the distance, he could not be sure, but it might be a person or something lying on the ground.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:16 pm

"This side tunnel. I see a glint off some metal." Taking a few more steps, "maybe a body."
Galaeron moved progressively closer shining the lantern so he could check the ceiling and walls as well. He paused 10 feet from the source of the glint and did a more active search of the tunnel for threats.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 16 Listen 26 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=13
Move action:
Standard action: Move down tunnel cautiously illuminating the walls and "glint" Pausing 10ft from the "glint" to actively spot for threats.

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Tasha » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Tasha moved along beside the druid examining the floor ever other step to make sure there were no booby traps. The insectoids had not shown that much sophistication yet, but that did not mean they were not capable of it. Besides, it had only been one encounter with them so far and she was hardly an expert on the R’Karg.

The feline scout whispered, "Minerrr? Could be a trrrap."


Actions | Show
Spot and Listen (27,15)
Stay with Galaeron
Take 10 on Search +10 for traps.

Combat Information | Show
Init: +6, Speed: 50ft
Current AC: 24 (24 Flat-footed / 15 Touch)
HP: 36, Current: 36
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler (LA), Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Longbow (LH), Sunrod (RH)

Javelins: 5/5 remaining
Silver & Cold Iron Arrows Remaining: 20 & 20
Wand of Lessor Vigor: 46 charges
Turn Undead: 4/4 remaining
Travel Devotion Movement: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons (3/3), 1st Level (3/3)
Conditions in effect: Favored Enemy (+2 Arcanists), Skirmish (+1d6), Track, Trapfinding, PBS, Precise Shot, Knowledge Devotion +1, Uncanny Dodge
User avatar
Tasha
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Sandstar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm

"A body?!?", Olbryn exclaimed in a fierce whisper, "Let me see! Is it a dwarf? Is he injured?" She followed immediately behind Galaeron and Tasha, evidently impatient at their slow progress towards a potential victim but just sensible enough to not rush them as they searched for traps. She peered past the other two, trying to discern the source of the metallic glint further down the tunnel.


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Continued Spot & Listen checks: 12 and 18 respectively (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=11884361#post11884361)
Move action: Follow Galaeron and Tasha to avoid any traps.
Standard action:

Current AC: 18
Current HP: 42/42
Current Weapon in Hand: Light crossbow.
Conditions in effect:

Wand CLW: 45 charges
Ammo: 24 Bolts

Spells Available:
Cantrips:
1st Level:
2nd Level:

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Olbryn
User avatar
Sandstar
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby Kailus Elboran » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Kailus follows the others. The job is to investigate the tunnels, not necessarily bring the dwarves back alive. But he did not think it likely that this one was alive... Down here, lying in the black... No. Even it it were a dwarf, he would most likely be long dead. The worry was that whatever killed him was still around. He watched the shadows for signs.




Combat Info | Show
Init: +3, Speed: 30ft
Current AC: 14 (11 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Saves F=3/R=7/W=8
HP: 21, Current:21
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Composite Longbow To Hit=+5 Damage=1D8
Spells Remaining: Mage Armour, Sleep, Magic Missile; Summon Monster II, Flaming Sphere; Fly, Fireball
Conditions in effect: Auto search secret doors <5'


Sky Fury (Hawk)
Init: +3, Speed: 1-ft/60ft
Current AC: 19 (17 Flat-footed / 16 Touch)
Saves F=2/R=5/W=2
HP: 8, Current: 8
Current Weapon : Claw / Claw (To Hit=+5 Damage=1D4-2)

Conditions in effect: Weapon Finesse; Improved Evasion; Share Spells; Empathic Link; Low Light Vision; Spot +14; Speak with Master
User avatar
Kailus Elboran
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:49 pm

~ Day 6, 09:41 – The Silverhall Mine Second Level ~Moving closer, the group did indeed see a body one the floor and it was accompanied by a few more. The tunnel opened up into a chamber that was about 20 feet wide and 30 feet with rough, uneven walls. There was another tunnel exiting the room on the far side and a shaft in the floor leading down.

Tasha did not see any traps and no one saw any insectoids lurking in the dimness.

The half-eaten bodies of five dwarven warriors laid strewn about the chamber. The dwarves' deathly white faces were frozen masks of pain and terror. Their chain armor was twisted and torn, deep scratches had been gouged into their shields, and their broken bodies had been laid open by terrible claws.

The deep brown stains of spilled blood darkened the floor. Some of the dwarves apparently died with their weapons still in their scabbards or slung over their shoulders.


Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Galaeron (Lantern), Tasha (Sunrod), Ghost (Torch)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Tasha:       36/36 HP remaining;
Kailus:      21/21 HP remaining;
--SkyFury:   10/10 HP remaining; - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Ghost:       44/48 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Olbryn:      42/42 HP remaining;
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Galaeron:    35/35 HP remaining;
--Torn:      28/28 HP remaining;  - Not Present
--Horse:     19/19 HP remaining;  - Not Present
Conditions in Effect: None

Tasha Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 3/3; 1st Level-> 2/2 + D
Tasha Travel Devotion: 1/1
Tasha's Turn Undead: 4/4
Tasha Wand: Lesser Vigor (46 charges)
Kailus Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/4; 1st Level-> 3/4; 2nd Level-> 3/3; 3d Level-> 2/2
Kailus Wand: CLW (46 charges)
Olbryn Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4 + D; 2nd Level-> 3/3 + D; 3rd Level-> 2/2 + D
Olbryn's Turn Undead: 5/5
Olbryn Wand: CLW (39 charges)
Galaeron Spells Remaining: Orisons-> 5/5; 1st Level-> 4/4; 2nd Level-> 2/3
Galaeron Wands: CLW (45 charges), Daylight (1 Charges), Cat's Grace (2 Charges)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12335
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:06 am

Image
While his companions inspected the dead, Ghost maintained his guard position facing the large mine shaft with the crude elevator.
Actions | Show
Move: On guard for trouble as his companions searched the dead.

Spot: 18 Listen: 15 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14

Combat Information | Show
Character Sheet
AC 16
HP 44/48
Fort +7; Ref +2; Will +4

Weapon in Hand: Everburning Torch & short sword
Last edited by sirfinn on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Grp A: The Job Offer [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:13 am

"Well it looks like we have found some of the dwarves. Lets see if we can identify any of them." Galaeron encouraged as he moved his lantern from side to side checking the other bodies.
"We should give them funeral blessings so they can let their spirits cross over."
"Olbryn, you know the correct blessings for fallen dwarven folk?"


Combat Info | Show
Free action: Spot 8 Listen 13 http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 87&page=14
Move action:
Standard action: Move down tunnel cautiously illuminating the walls and "glint" Pausing 10ft from the "glint" to actively spot for threats.

Current AC: 21 (14 Touch/11 Flatfoot)
Current HP: 35/35
Current Weapon in Hand: Lantern
Conditions in effect:
(Barkskin +2 AC)
Wand Cats Grace: 2 charges
Wand Daylight: 1 charges
Wand of CLW: 47 charges
Ammo: 10 sling bullets

Spells Available: used
Cantrips: Light, Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Purify Food & Water
1st Level: Longstrider, CLW, Entangle, Speak with Animals
2nd Level: Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, Summon Swarm

Abilities:

Character Sheet: Galaeron http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=107980
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Group A Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron